Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2016, 15:12   #5761
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Took my S cross 1.3 Zeta on a trip to Kerala (Bangalore - Guruvayoor - Kovalam (via Attingal) - Trivandrum - Changanasseri (via MC Road) - Palakkad - Bangalore), covering a total of around 1700 Kms. For most of the trip, there were 5 adults and 1 child in the car, with a full baggage load (around 5 full size bags, and assorted small bags). The trip covered a mix of good four lane highways (the TN section), city-like driving (Kerala) and narrow country roads.

The car performed beautifully, with the car being able to maintain speeds of 110-120 easily on the highways and was able to keep up with the traffic quite easily. The vehicle was able to perform overtaking quite easily.

The total fuel efficiency over the trip was 17.4 kmpl. Please note that my car has run only about 5K kms, so far.
Old 21st September 2016, 16:29   #5762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Took my S cross 1.3 Zeta on a trip to Kerala (Bangalore - Guruvayoor - Kovalam (via Attingal) - Trivandrum - Changanasseri (via MC Road) - Palakkad - Bangalore), covering a total of around 1700 Kms. For most of the trip, there were 5 adults and 1 child in the car, with a full baggage load (around 5 full size bags, and assorted small bags). The trip covered a mix of good four lane highways (the TN section), city-like driving (Kerala) and narrow country roads.

The car performed beautifully, with the car being able to maintain speeds of 110-120 easily on the highways and was able to keep up with the traffic quite easily. The vehicle was able to perform overtaking quite easily.

The total fuel efficiency over the trip was 17.4 kmpl. Please note that my car has run only about 5K kms, so far.
I can confirm that the FE figures will improve by the time you reach the 10k mark. If you followed the running-in guide, you will get a better performing car than those who didn't. IMHO, 17.4 kmpl with that much load is pretty good too! :thumbsup:
sunejarahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 21:59   #5763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
I can confirm that the FE figures will improve by the time you reach the 10k mark. If you followed the running-in guide, you will get a better performing car than those who didn't. IMHO, 17.4 kmpl with that much load is pretty good too! :thumbsup:
Thanks. I did manage to stay within the run-in parameters (difficult, but managed to do it). I am also waiting for the 10K mark, as I am expecting an increase in the FE.
Old 22nd September 2016, 15:45   #5764

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Here is a British review of the face-lifted S-cross with the rather aesthetically questionable looking grill. It has the 1.0 Boosterjet Engine about to be launched in the Baleno and the review is quite positive.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/...ss-2016-review

It has quite a few pictures of the facelift too.
Looking at the face-lift, It is certain the back lights will fit in my pre face-lift S-Cross. Waiting for the India launch and I guess I'll get the ones in my S-Cross replaced with those new led units.
I also believe many fellow bhpians will be looking forward to do the same.
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:00   #5765
BHPian

Hi,

I'm planning to get an S Cross 1.6 . Came across an ad in olx; S Cross 1.6 Alpha, 2015 January model, Caffeine brown Colour, 12K kms mileage. Expected price is quoted as 12.5 Lakhs (new one costs 14.65 lakhs here in Calicut). Is it a fair deal? If not, how much would be a fair figure? I'm not good at bargaining, so would like to have a price in mind before getting in touch with the owner.

Thanks in advance
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:10   #5766
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to get an S Cross 1.6 . Came across an ad in olx; S Cross 1.6 Alpha, 2015 January model, Caffeine brown Colour, 12K kms mileage. Expected price is quoted as 12.5 Lakhs (new one costs 14.65 lakhs here in Calicut). Is it a fair deal? If not, how much would be a fair figure? I'm not good at bargaining, so would like to have a price in mind before getting in touch with the owner.

Thanks in advance
Are you sure about January 2015? Might be January 2016 as the car was launched in August 2015!

That said, for a 9-month 12,000km old vehicle, as long as it has had its 10K km service done, about 12 lakhs appears to be a fairly realistic price. It would entail a 15% depreciation from new.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:18   #5767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Are you sure about January 2015? Might be January 2016 as the car was launched in August 2015!

That said, for a 9-month 12,000km old vehicle, as long as it has had its 10K km service done, about 12 lakhs appears to be a fairly realistic price. It would entail a 15% depreciation from new.
Thanks!

And yeah, it must be Jan 2016. Make year and month is mentioned as 2015 and January respectively. Shall check with the owner and update.
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:09   #5768

I quite like S-Cross (looks, cabin, comfort, specs) and the fact that it's not a high seating position car vs competitors like Duster (low CG should mean better stability). Being from Maruti stable gives that additional push.

My i20 has done 5.5 yrs on the road now, looking forward to replace it with S-Cross sometime in future. Am a fan of petrol engines, so maybe once it comes in petrol ....

However, it seems Hyundai is coming up with true competition with i30,

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/54476660.cms

~Devendra~
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:50   #5769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrawat View Post
I quite like S-Cross (looks, cabin, comfort, specs) and the fact that it's not a high seating position car vs competitors like Duster (low CG should mean better stability). Being from Maruti stable gives that additional push.

My i20 has done 5.5 yrs on the road now, looking forward to replace it with S-Cross sometime in future. Am a fan of petrol engines, so maybe once it comes in petrol ....

However, it seems Hyundai is coming up with true competition with i30,

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/54476660.cms

~Devendra~
I know a lot of i20 owners who have had complaints with poor suspension quality, bumpy rides and underwhelming handling due to super-light steering. I have had similar counts of reviews about the Verna too. Have you not faced any such issues in 5.5 years of ownership? The deciding factors for me to choose the Jazz over Elite i20 and later S-Cross over Jazz has been handling, stability, suspension & better structural integrity. Also as you mentioned already, being a Maruti one can always be at peace with maintenance costs & feasibility.
Old 25th September 2016, 00:21   #5770
BHPian

Hi All, What price can I expect for a Jan 2016 registered SCross 1.3 alpha (Oct 2015 mfg), which as 18,000 km, 90% highway miles. Looking to sell as I will be moving out of the country shortly and want to get an idea before posting an ad. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 25th September 2016, 07:06   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Hi All, What price can I expect for a Jan 2016 registered SCross 1.3 alpha (Oct 2015 mfg), which as 18,000 km, 90% highway miles.
Try this calculator. You can even post an ad in Team-BHP classifieds section. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 25th September 2016 at 07:07.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 07:45   #5772
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, What price can I expect for a Jan 2016 registered SCross 1.3 alpha (Oct 2015 mfg), which as 18,000 km, 90% highway miles.
Please see the valuation from Indian blue book, which is a very reliable valuation. If the vehicle condition is great, the range is 9.22 - 9.37 Lakhs. Registered in 2016 is not considered while in the secondary market. The car is 2015 model and it's a 2 year old car.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-scross.jpg  

Last edited by Sree73 : 25th September 2016 at 07:47.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 09:50   #5773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Try this calculator. You can even post an ad in Team-BHP classifieds section. Hope this helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Please see the valuation from Indian blue book, which is a very reliable valuation. If the vehicle condition is great, the range is 9.22 - 9.37 Lakhs. Registered in 2016 is not considered while in the secondary market. The car is 2015 model and it's a 2 year old car.

Dear Pferde and Sree, thanks a lot. I didn't know we have a KBB equivalent in India, this is really helpful. Appreciate the guidance. Also :( sad to know Oct mfg drops the price by so much more. Vehicle is in great condition with lots of 3M things (sun film, carpets etc.) and full sealed carpet lining internally and an additional highway horn with switch. Lets hope I find a buyer who appreciates the car and hopefully it finds a loving home. Thanks again guys!
Old 25th September 2016, 11:28   #5774
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Pferde and Sree, thanks a lot. I didn't know we have a KBB equivalent in India, this is really helpful. Appreciate the guidance. Also :( sad to know Oct mfg drops the price by so much more. Vehicle is in great condition with lots of 3M things (sun film, carpets etc.) and full sealed carpet lining internally and an additional highway horn with switch. Lets hope I find a buyer who appreciates the car and hopefully it finds a loving home. Thanks again guys!
Where is the car located?
Old 25th September 2016, 11:43   #5775
BHPian

Quote:
Why not try Maruti Tru Value? They should be able to give a fair price for your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks