Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2016, 19:52   #5806
BHPian

Looks like my SCross is the first one on the BHP classifieds for sale , hoping to find a good home for it. But yes I agree the 1.3 is the best for city driving and is in now way lacking on the highway except for that kick in the back rush from the 1.6 on open roads.
Old 30th September 2016, 20:51   #5807
BHPian

I've got some queries lined up to be solved as my S-Cross 200 Zeta has now crossed the 19k kms mark and is almost due for its 4th service.

1. Engine Oil & Filter has to be changed and I have never gotten my oils changed from service people. Which oil is best suited for the DDiS200, I might get the oil & filter changed after taking the car from service?

2. Is there a better air filter available in the market? I have noticed pick-up drops after roughly 2k kms after every service and wish to upgrade to a better part.

3. I would like to get the IRVM from the Alpha fitted in my Zeta. I have learned people have replaced their Swift and Polo IRVM's to auto-dimming ones from the aftermarket. Does anybody know if the genuine part from Alpha can be fitted?
Old 30th September 2016, 21:02   #5808
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
3. I would like to get the IRVM from the Alpha fitted in my Zeta. I have learned people have replaced their Swift and Polo IRVM's to auto-dimming ones from the aftermarket. Does anybody know if the genuine part from Alpha can be fitted?
I have changed the IRVM in my car to Auto dimming one. There is a thread to on it.

As you are looking for the IRVM that is on the Alpha variant, you can buy it from NEXA's accessory incharge. I have seen it retailing at ₹5,990 when NEXA was new in Hyderabad. Not sure of the costs now.

For installation, you ask them to do it for you as it wouldn't void any warranty or raise any eyebrows later on.

Last edited by a4anurag : 30th September 2016 at 21:07.
Old 30th September 2016, 21:44   #5809
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
My 1.6 FE has plunged from 17.8 to 17.0 immediately post the 10k service Can anyone advise ?
What is demography of the quoted mileage? 100% City or 100% Highways or a mix? If mix, what is the Highway vs City ratio?

My S-Cross 1.6 gives me ~13 kmpl in 100% city. My driving trend is one way in peak Bangalore traffic - 45-60 mins for 10 kms and one way in relatively free Bangalore traffic - 30-45 mins for same 10 kms.

I get 20+ kmpl in 100% highway even with some aggressive driving. Can go up to 24 kmpl if driven in open stretches and with light foot.

On a combined trip of 80% highway and 20% city, I get ~17.5 kmpl.
Vigkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 00:52   #5810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have changed the IRVM in my car to Auto dimming one. There is a thread to on it.

As you are looking for the IRVM that is on the Alpha variant, you can buy it from NEXA's accessory incharge. I have seen it retailing at ₹5,990 when NEXA was new in Hyderabad. Not sure of the costs now.

For installation, you ask them to do it for you as it wouldn't void any warranty or raise any eyebrows later on.
Brother, thanks for this information. As I have said many time in this thread, my NEXA experience (NEXA Akshardham, Delhi) has been trash ever since the day of purchase. I had asked for the Alpha IRVM installation in my Zeta at the time of delivery an year ago and I was very confidently told that it was impossible to do that. They said the daylight sensor in the Alpha is inbuilt with the auto-headlamps function and the same can not be fitted in a Zeta variant. He was somehow more willing to sell the Bi-Xenon projector headlamp set up for about 37k with warranty. Now that you have told me about the IRVM, I will go and inquire about it in some other NEXA outlet. Meanwhile, could you please share the link to that IRVM thread?
Old 1st October 2016, 01:04   #5811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermotor View Post
Hi All, What price can I expect for a Jan 2016 registered SCross 1.3 alpha (Oct 2015 mfg), which as 18,000 km, 90% highway miles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Please see the valuation from Indian blue book, which is a very reliable valuation...
The site which can give you the best re-sale value is Carwale used car evaluation tool. I have noticed this is roughly the same as Maruti true value and is widely accepted.

Indian Blue Book is slightly more tuned to Mumbai prices (one of the lowest in India on re-sale value) and hence it can vary widely on the prices down South (which is on the higher bracket).

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitz4u View Post
My 1.6 FE has plunged from 17.8 to 17.0 immediately post the 10k service Can anyone advise ?
Don't worry please, keep checking over couple of more tankfuls. As mentioned, FE can vary based on a number of parameters.

Quote:
1. Engine Oil & Filter has to be changed and I have never gotten my oils changed from service people. Which oil is best suited for the DDiS200, I might get the oil & filter changed after taking the car from service?

2. Is there a better air filter available in the market? I have noticed pick-up drops after roughly 2k kms after every service and wish to upgrade to a better part...
No oil changes for 20K kms? I believe the engine oil change interval is 10K kms?

As long as the car is in warranty, please get all the parts replaced from the A$$. If you don't comply, they'll have a reason to reject any claims that may arise during the warranty period.

The better filter is K&N replacement filter. But then you'll have to spend additional on getting this cleaned and this is a life time filter and requires cleaning at specific intervals using their recommended cleaner.

All diesel car filters should be cleaned atleast every 3K kms for good performance, as it gets clogged with a lot of debris & dust by then.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2016, 08:28   #5812
BANNED

Quote:
Meanwhile, could you please share the link to that IRVM thread?
Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...are-orvms.html
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 07:50   #5813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The site which can give you the best re-sale value is Carwale used car evaluation tool. I have noticed this is roughly the same as Maruti true value and is widely accepted.

Indian Blue Book is slightly more tuned to Mumbai prices (one of the lowest in India on re-sale value) and hence it can vary widely on the prices down South (which is on the higher bracket).

Thanks Swiftnfurious. I checked on carwale and it is definitely in line with my expected price. Your suggestion was a good one.
mindovermotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 21:04   #5814
BHPian

S-Cross, Gypsy, Brezza and Ertiga put together, sold 18423 units in the month of September 2016. Breakup among the models are not yet available. The volume is driven by Brezza.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 22:50   #5815
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
S-Cross, Gypsy, Brezza and Ertiga put together, sold 18423 units in the month of September 2016. Breakup among the models are not yet available. The volume is driven by Brezza.
My prediction:

Scross - 2500
Gypsy - 500
Ertiga - 6000
Brezza - 9500
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:12   #5816
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, my 1.6 crossed the 10k mark in four months. Time to go for the 3rd service. 2nd service was done at the last week of August. No niggles till date (touchwood).

Last edited by rakesh_r : 3rd October 2016 at 10:14.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:34   #5817
BHPian

I have a question to ask the long term owners to help me make my decision regarding this car. Is there anyone with chronic back pain here? Because I suffer from that after a lower back surgery a few years ago and after few test drives, I had to elimiate my favourite Ecosport from my wishlist because of how supportive its seats are yet how bumpy and hard its suspension was. I test drove the S-cross as well and felt a big positive difference in the suspension's behavior on bad roads but the seats are not what we would call plush. I can only test drive for a while but I'm more concerned about long journeys with my back pain. For example, long drives on my i10 were horrible but on a tata zest was almost painless. I would be really grateful if anyone in a similar position can comment.

Also, is the fact that the Fiat 1.3L engine is being used in more than 15 Indian cars a testament to how great the engine is or the lack of innovation? Does this engine also get noisy with time like few of the swifts I've seen? Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:52   #5818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Is there anyone with chronic back pain here? Because I suffer from that after a lower back surgery a few years ago
I, too, suffer from low back pain for the last 5.5 years. Had the chance to drive as well as ride shotgun in my friend's S-Cross for 400 odd kilometres. Putting it bluntly, lower back support in S Cross is weak. The seat compound is on the softer side and after 2-3 hours of sitting, the lack of lumbar support can be felt. You need a cushion as a prop. However the suspension and high speed stability in S-Cross is pretty decent hence you do not "jiggle" around too much on uneven patches.

With my chronic back pain, the most "painless" drive i had was in a Tata Safari Storme. I was the driver. The driver's seat had lumbar adjustment and the Safari's suspension simply gobbled up anything and everything the road had to throw at us.
Another "back - pain - friendly" car I had experienced is the Linea. Spacious, supportive seats and a beautiful, cosseting ride kept the pain to its minimum.

Hope this helps! Take care !
arjab is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:25   #5819
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the reply. I did a test drive of the Linea 125s and S-cross back to back and yes the Linea's seating comfort AND suspension are far better but I have my own doubts about the Linea with how un-enthusiasitc Fiat is about its present and future in India, its lengthy and hard(er) clutch, slightly boring instrument cluster and ICE, feeling of less(er) space in both back and front seats and some other missing fancy features which the S-cross has. Heck, I am yet to see a Linea on the road till date! I guess I'll never find the perfect car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
I, too, suffer from low back pain for the last 5.5 years. Had the chance to drive as well as ride shotgun in my friend's S-Cross for 400 odd kilometres. Putting it bluntly, lower back support in S Cross is weak. The seat compound is on the softer side and after 2-3 hours of sitting, the lack of lumbar support can be felt. You need a cushion as a prop. However the suspension and high speed stability in S-Cross is pretty decent hence you do not "jiggle" around too much on uneven patches.

Another "back - pain - friendly" car I had experienced is the Linea. Spacious, supportive seats and a beautiful, cosseting ride kept the pain to its minimum.

Hope this helps! Take care !
Old 3rd October 2016, 14:57   #5820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Thanks a lot for the reply. I did a test drive of the Linea 125s and S-cross back to back and yes the Linea's seating comfort AND suspension are far better but I have my own doubts about the Linea with how un-enthusiasitc Fiat is about its present and future in India, its lengthy and hard(er) clutch, slightly boring instrument cluster and ICE, feeling of less(er) space in both back and front seats and some other missing fancy features which the S-cross has. Heck, I am yet to see a Linea on the road till date! I guess I'll never find the perfect car.
How about you buy the car with the best suspension setup and then get seats built or modified according to your needs. You can even buy and install seats which have electronic adjusters and adjustable lumbar support.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks