Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2017, 09:41   #8041
Sip
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Thanks!
My RM helped me coordinate with a senior service guy in their brand-new NEXA workshop in Dadar, Mumbai. Spoke to him and he said that there won’t be an issue if I drive the car there from my house, which is ~10 kilometres away. Have been given an appointment of 5th October morning.
I’m also contemplating towing the car there with your advice, since it does seem like a serious issue. Will call the service guy and the NEXA helpline both, tomorrow.
Definitely did not expect this nightmare after purchasing a Maruti product!
1.6 DDiS is very sensitive to fuel quality. I had such issue once but I drove on and soon the warning disappeared. Subsequently I happened to take fuel from neighbouring town randomly. There was evidently loss of pick up. Thereafter I had much observations/ deliberations about fuel quality and decided to get fuel only from Reliance and HP pumps and problem did never recur.

Last edited by Sip : 4th October 2017 at 09:45.
Old 4th October 2017, 09:44   #8042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash1229 View Post
Today afternoon, I started the car and was greeted with a 'Water In Fuel System' warning.
"Water in Fuel System " and CEL with error code pointing out to brake switch are very common in S-Cross 1.6. Many 1.6 owners have faced this. Nothing serious!! I won't be surprised if the water in fuel warning disappears on its own now
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 15:01   #8043
Distinguished - BHPian

Are we going to get a separate review of the new S-Cross or just an addendum to this? It might have the same 1.3 DDiS but has SHVS now so there would be some difference between them.

There has been no update on the price front, on road price etc. Even the car is not available in showroom. Anyone who has seen the car?
Old 4th October 2017, 15:23   #8044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Are we going to get a separate review of the new S-Cross or just an addendum to this? It might have the same 1.3 DDiS but has SHVS now so there would be some difference between them.
Dont think just the addition of SHVS to existing engine will warrant a full blown review since there is nothing new except for the front looks and a few changes in terms or rear LED tail lights etc. So i am thinking it will only be an addendum at the most if that!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 17:23   #8045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Dont think just the addition of SHVS to existing engine will warrant a full blown review since there is nothing new except for the front looks and a few changes in terms or rear LED tail lights etc. So i am thinking it will only be an addendum at the most if that!
The original S-cross review only talked about the 1.6 engine in detail whereas 1.3 just got a mention.
A review of 1.3 on both the old S-cross and the new one (with SHVS) would be great to judge any practical differences such as NVH, drivability, turbo lag, gear box etc.

Last edited by djkher : 4th October 2017 at 17:25.
djkher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 18:57   #8046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
The original S-cross review only talked about the 1.6 engine in detail whereas 1.3 just got a mention.
A review of 1.3 on both the old S-cross and the new one (with SHVS) would be great to judge any practical differences such as NVH, drivability, turbo lag, gear box etc.
Well the reason why it just got a mention is because the engine has been seen on many models of Maruti vehicles itself. Also the addition of SHVS does not change the characteristics of the engine-gearbox. SHVS actually acts more like a Idle start-stop tech seen in many cars. So ideally there should be no drastic change in the characteristics. But yeah if the mods do decide to do a full review it is most welcome as it will help prospective buyers.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2017, 19:25   #8047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkher View Post
There was a comparo between the 0-100 times between the regular ciaz and the hybrid ciaz. The hybrid ciaz did have very poor 0-100 timings.

{quote}
Autocar V Box : 0-100
Ciaz 1.3 : 12.99 sec
Ciaz 1.3 SVHS : 15.5 sec
{quote}

From this, we could safely assume that the hybrid s-cross would definitely fare poorer than the regular s-cross. The regular 1.3 to be honest, is not the greatest performer. Overtaking using the hybrid s-cross is going to be more difficult. You can assume a lot of vehicles from the hatchback segment to you overtaking you freely. I am talking about the swifts and the polo's that should have much better timings. You can forget about catching up with ze germans.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 14:57   #8048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
"Water in Fuel System " and CEL with error code pointing out to brake switch are very common in S-Cross 1.6. Many 1.6 owners have faced this. Nothing serious!! I won't be surprised if the water in fuel warning disappears on its own now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
1.6 DDiS is very sensitive to fuel quality. I had such issue once but I drove on and soon the warning disappeared. Subsequently I happened to take fuel from neighbouring town randomly. There was evidently loss of pick up. Thereafter I had much observations/ deliberations about fuel quality and decided to get fuel only from Reliance and HP pumps and problem did never recur.
Got the car back within a few hours from the service centre and turns out that it was just a loose wire, that they have fixed! Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.
What a scare it was, in a 2-day old car!
yash1229 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 19:50   #8049
BHPian

Did the 40K service today. Total bill came to 10,600.
Replaced items are
All filters (Air/Oil/Fuel) / All fluids (Engine coolant/Brake fluid) / Engine oil (5W30).
Also, replaced front/rear wipers. Did wheel alignment and balancing.

The cabin light assembly (front one with the sunglass holder) replaced under extended warranty. The light switch was not functioning properly.

40K KMs clocked in 26 months.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 09:49   #8050
Senior - BHPian

20,000 KMs service completed in 2 years. Pretty slow to reach the 20K mark compared to most other members.

Finally, I managed to send my Scross for 20,000 KMs service. Even though ODO reading was 19.5k, it was more than 10,000 KMs since last service.

List of things got done:
  • Engine oil
  • Brake oil
  • All kinds of filters replaced
  • Coolant
  • Clutch bleeding (On request)
  • Wheel balancing, rotation
  • Windshield washer nozzle clean-up
  • Cleaning
Total bill: 10,450/- INR

Overall, a fantastic experience, true to Maruti's image in Indian market. Professional, friendly, and prompt.
ajay_satpute is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 11:08   #8051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
20,000 KMs service completed in 2 years. Pretty slow to reach the 20K mark compared to most other members.

Finally, I managed to send my Scross for 20,000 KMs service. Even though ODO reading was 19.5k, it was more than 10,000 KMs since last service.

List of things got done:
  • Engine oil
  • Brake oil
  • All kinds of filters replaced
  • Coolant
  • Clutch bleeding (On request)
  • Wheel balancing, rotation
  • Windshield washer nozzle clean-up
  • Cleaning
Total bill: 10,450/- INR

Overall, a fantastic experience, true to Maruti's image in Indian market. Professional, friendly, and prompt.
Is this due to GST and increase in service charges by Maruti? My 1.6 costed me 8400 approx for the 20k service sometime in May so wanted to check
Old 10th October 2017, 12:11   #8052
BHPian

35k update on my 1.6 pearl white alpha:
Took my “double face” (as my son calls!) for a Bangalore Trivandrum drive two week back. I noticed before the trip that the front brakes started fading, took a chance by driving without changing the pads. By the time we reached Trivandrum, front brakes started making squalling sound under braking. Visited MASS the very next morning, found that the front pads worn out completely. Luckily discs were intact. Changed the front pads, costed INR 3050 all inclusive. My advice would be to change the pads at 30k service or change immediately once you sense brake pad fading.
The total distance covered for the one-week trip was around 2000 km and average FE was shade over 15kmpl. Pirelli P7 tires are going strong, good enough for another 10k km, I hope.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th October 2017 at 13:19. Reason: Correction done, 'Brakes' were wrongly mentioned as 'Breaks'. Thanks
lovetorque is offline   (8) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th October 2017, 07:44   #8053
BHPian

Today, while driving to office, got the message twice "Key Fob battery low". Need to replace the battery at the earliest. This one in service for 26 months.
Old 11th October 2017, 08:24   #8054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Did the 40K service today. Total bill came to 10,600.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
20,000 KMs service completed in 2 years. Total bill: 10,450/- INR
Are you guys using synthetic oil ? 10k for a regular service looks high. Possible that Maruti is also charging a premium for the parts of their premium offering (filters etc).
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2017, 08:53   #8055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Are you guys using synthetic oil ? 10k for a regular service looks high. Possible that Maruti is also charging a premium for the parts of their premium offering (filters etc).
Along with Synthetic oil, at 20K and other regular replacements like Air Filter, there is periodic replacement for brake fluids, Coolant,Transmission oil, fuel filter and Cabin Air Filter. This itself adds up to around 3-4k easily along with taxes.

Not to forget that the periodic service for 20-40-60-80k and above would be easily around 2500-2700 in major cities.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks