Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2016, 13:08   #1276
BHPian

Re: My TUV300 T8 AMT 100BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Nice pictures there . Is the color black or some other color?
Thanks! @AutoIndian. It is Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Your tank looks menacing in black. How are the CZARs performing? As you are aware I'm taking delivery shortly and as per SA my tank has arrived today and is shod with Ceat CZARs. I think I noticed the same set in your tank too.

Happy rampaging!
Congrats buddy, the CZAR's have been performing well, no issues although would have loved to have the Apollo's. When I was taking delivery all the cars were shod with CZAR's, so didn't have much choice to swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
S
congratulations gr9guzzler. Do share updates on any issue that you face with your tank. Will be interesting to see if M&M has fixed the common problems listed on this thread here or have they just been plain lethargic.
Thanks! @procrj. As of now no issues (touchwood!), but will keep this thread updated.
gr8guzzler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 15:15   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Surprised to see that the EMS module was flashed. Did you check why they were doing this? Also do let us know if the cold start engine knocking has reduced after EMS flash.
I was told that the EMS flashing was a part of the recall. Hence I didn't question them much. After the service I have driven the tank for 40 odd kms (two cold starts included). Haven't observed the engine knocking issue yet. However will keep my opinion reserved till the end of this week. Only after running the car for 200 kms or more I can make any conclusion. The idling rpm reduction came to me as a surprise. For the last 10K kms, the idling rpm was rock steady @ 1000. Right from day#1 I thought it to be on higher side, but assumed that it might be requried for this small 1.5 litre engine to move the 1.6 tonne mass, hence never questioned it. On taking the delivery post service I could make out that the car was not eager to pull on releasing the clutch pedal. Only later after reaching home did I realize that the idling has now settled to 850 rpm. After making some adjustments to my driving style I am now getting used to it.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 16:30   #1278
Senior - BHPian

I have dropped my Tank today morning at Sireesh Auto Service, Marathahalli to check the occasional excessive engine noise, which normally happens during evening for 4 - 5 kms with momentary loss of power. Surprisingly, there was a coolant system recall for my Tank. They have earlier fixed coolant leakage on 30 May. Did anyone get call for coolant system recall? It is a red recall as I saw in the computer of the service adviser.
My excessive engine noise problem was earlier solved in February by replacing vacuum resonator and updating software, but it has reappeared after they repaired my coolant leakage on 30 May.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 17:26   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I have dropped my Tank today morning at Sireesh Auto Service, Marathahalli to check the occasional excessive engine noise, which normally happens during evening for 4 - 5 kms with momentary loss of power. Surprisingly, there was a coolant system recall for my Tank. They have earlier fixed coolant leakage on 30 May. Did anyone get call for coolant system recall? It is a red recall as I saw in the computer of the service adviser.
My excessive engine noise problem was earlier solved in February by replacing vacuum resonator and updating software, but it has reappeared after they repaired my coolant leakage on 30 May.
Airbus, if you refer my messages couple of posts back you can find out I have already touched upon these two aspects. During my 10K service on Saturday, as a part of recall the coolant return hose pipe was replaced because there were complaints from some customers about the coolant leakage. There was also a recall for EMS software flashing. I was told that this would fix the engine knocking/loss of power problem. I have taken that with a pinch of salt and the car is under my observation for recurrence of this issue. Due to this EMS S/W flashing my idling rpm has got reduced from 1000 to 850. I want to check with all manual transmission owners, what is your idling rpm. If it is 1000, please keep a watch check if it drops to 850 or thereabouts after your car undergoes the EMS flashing recall
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 17:33   #1280
Senior - BHPian

An impromptu buy as the friend who had actually booked it now wanted ORANGE shade. I have always loved RED and so went for it.
My 1st ever Mahindra.
VIN says it is 15th May 2016 car (Date is printed next to VIN sticker)
It is manual T8 100 BHP
Have driven the TRUCK for about 200 kms, since brought her home on Friday. Driving position is pretty commanding but my right leg pained after bumper-to-bumper driving. Don't have this problem with my other cars so still trying to find that sweet driving position.
Love the way when turbo kicks in around 1800 RPM. Idling RPM stays at 1000. AC is chill but then I am yet to check it in proper summer months.
Cubby holes are USELESS and it is frustrating to keep looking for window switch on doors, only to realize they are somewhere ELSE.
So is seat TOP driving position which still feels short - should have had more travel upwards. I have lowered steering wheel for that better grip. Contrary to everyone saying, I didn't find gear lever SHAKY at any gear position.

At its new (rented) parking
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-imag2798.jpg

Engine bay
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-imag2792.jpg

Says its 100 BHP - but lettering is pretty soft & shaky
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-imag2764.jpg

Found moisture in the tail lights after incessant rains over last weekend - is it acceptable?
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-imag2790.jpg

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 1st August 2016 at 17:47.
ariesonu is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 18:30   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Found moisture in the tail lights after incessant rains over last weekend - is it acceptable?
Regards-Sonu
Congrats Sonu for buying a so called Tank or Beast.

Moisture inside any of the lights are not normal. I have got my side indicator changed due to that. Moisture inside will slowly fade away the shine and will also lead to corrosion and rusting of wire and other steel items.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 23:13   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An impromptu buy as the friend who had actually booked it now wanted ORANGE shade. I have always loved RED and so went for it.
Congratulations ariesonu on getting the tank and welcome to the club of tank owners.

Quote:
As mentioned by Ezee about this is not acceptable. May be the beading/packing is loose somewhere. Ask them to fix it or replace the tail lamp under warranty.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 23:55   #1283
BANNED

Quote:
First of all Congratulations on the new buy.

Secondly coming to the moisture part as seen in the tail lamps, it is a manufacturing defect and please do get it replaced under warranty ASAP.

Here's why the moisture/water enters the tail lamp section:

Every bulb holder in the tail lamp has a rubber gasket to hold it tight and also prevent anything from entering (read dust/water)
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-13-oem-bulb-place.jpg

Also these round things present too could be misfit allowing water to enter
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tail-lamp-opened-closer-view.jpg

This moisture/water enters when we wash the car.

I may be wrong in my thinking but I can't think of anything else for this moisture issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Moisture inside any of the lights are not normal
+

Quote:
May be the beading/packing is loose somewhere. Ask them to fix it or replace the tail lamp under warranty.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd August 2016 at 00:01.
a4anurag is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:09   #1284
BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160416_180859_hdr.jpg

had seen water inside top brake light on washing the car but didnt report.
will do that during the 10k service.
Old 2nd August 2016, 11:48   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Congrats Sonu for buying a so called Tank or Beast
Quote:
Congratulations ariesonu on getting the tank and welcome to the club of tank owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
First of all Congratulations on the new buy.
Secondly coming to the moisture part as seen in the tail lamps, it is a manufacturing defect and please do get it replaced under warranty ASAP.
Here's why the moisture/water enters the tail lamp section:
Every bulb holder in the tail lamp has a rubber gasket to hold it tight and also prevent anything from entering (read dust/water)
Thank you gentlemen for your kind wishes.

Anurag: Thanks for detailed explanation. I will definitely get the lights checked. I had not noted this during PDI wash or later; but only when the Tank was parked in incessant rains that lashed Mumbai on last weekend.
In fact I now remember noting moisture in headlights also. Could not click photo as its was dark by that time.

Few more queries:
The FOG Lights - Do they have separate switch and if so where OR do they work in tandem with headlights?
Where is water tank for rear wiper?
Is ENDEAVOR kit for TUV available in market?

Regards-Sonu
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:13   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Is ENDEAVOR kit for TUV available in market?
The information I got from Mahindra & their customisation team was that it would be available at the dealership from August for fitment.

However, thought sought, Mahindra customization team did not provide further information on what constitutes the kit or its price structure, and can the olive green paint be requested as part of the vehicle purchase itself.

The dealer is unaware of the details either and also from when it will be available.

I do have another query which I hope some one can clarify -
Is there a benefit to take the Engine Protect & Tyre Protect as part of the insurance policy? How does the engine protect differentiate from the 3 yr warranty provided by the manufacturer?

Last edited by sawah : 2nd August 2016 at 15:18. Reason: Additional text -- Insurance Query related.
sawah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:37   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know rajpvrm that you too are enjoying your tank and not having any major issues with your TUV-AMT

Can you please share your invoice over here, we will try to analyse
My service cost break up is given below. I should have been more careful when the SA was providing an estimate; unnecessarily paid 1950 for Wheel Alignment and Balancing and 1000 for AC Disinfectant. Surprisingly, they also charged 400 for 'Service Plus'. I asked the SA what this was and he told me this is for the lubricant used on doors and other parts.

As per my SA, the labor component that is free for 10K service is apparently worth INR 2200.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-servicecost.jpg

Quote:
My 1st ever Mahindra.
Congratulations Ariesonu!

Quote:
Attachment 1536888
I have this exact problem. I ignored it thus far assuming it will fix on its own once the monsoon passes away. May have to get this checked.

Quote:
Few more queries:
The FOG Lights - Do they have separate switch and if so where OR do they work in tandem with headlights?
Where is water tank for rear wiper?
The fog lights are operated using the roller switch on the headlight/indicator control. Just check, you'll find it. Else, refer the user manual.

The water tank for front and back washer is common and under the hood. I don't know why Mahindra wanted to put a spray wash (from bottom) for rear glass when the normal approach is to drop water from the top. The pressure is never adequate and the wiper struggles to use the water. I did complain about this once, in vain.

Last edited by rajpvrm : 2nd August 2016 at 15:39.
rajpvrm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 17:33   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
Is there a benefit to take the Engine Protect & Tyre Protect as part of the insurance policy? How does the engine protect differentiate from the 3 yr warranty provided by the manufacturer?
Anything on this from the more knowledgeable folks??
Old 2nd August 2016, 18:14   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Anything on this from the more knowledgeable folks??
Mods can merge the posts if deemed appropriate.

I have another query

Do we have any way to know what tyres come on the vehicle when it rolls out of the factory, similar to the information that comes on Form 22 regarding VIN, engine and chasis nos. Reason being in TUV it either comes with CEAT or Apollo..
Old 3rd August 2016, 00:28   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to check with all manual transmission owners, what is your idling rpm. If it is 1000, please keep a watch check if it drops to 850 or thereabouts after your car undergoes the EMS flashing recall
I got my tank back on Tuesday evening. Two parts were replaced under Warranty, please see attached image for parts information. Vacuum Modulator was replaced as a trial and error method to solve occasional extra engine noise. I was told that software was updated and my idling RPM is 1 mm below 1000 mark. I can move the vehicle without pressing accelerator. My current odometer reading is 6252 km.

Now I am all set for couple of long drives during upcoming long weekend holidays
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160802_164726.jpg  

airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks