Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2020, 22:38   #2806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Anyone know if we can replace this foam bit in TUV? This one was damaged by rat biting and rain water is causing rust nearby. This is the case on both sides of engine bay. I believe this foam is to keep down vibrations and noise levels, I maybe wrong.
They are sealing plugs I think, boodmo has them - go ahead and locate it in Body and Chassis > Sealing plugs.

I should order a few as well, they have disintegrated over the years.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2020, 23:06   #2807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
They are sealing plugs I think, boodmo has them - go ahead and locate it in Body and Chassis > Sealing plugs.
Thank you. I visited the site and navigated to the below path. These parts are marked as 11 & 12, but when I open them, I am getting some other pictures. Not sure if they are the right parts. However, these are cheap, so going ahead and ordering them.

https://oriparts.com/4/942/73841/3765691
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 00:00   #2808
Distinguished - BHPian

A consequence of working from home is all kinds of tiny parts that I have ordered through Boodmo, I order up all DIY parts, Gear knob, seals, rubber bits , pedal cover etc. So far everything is getting delivered, although some parts take a week or two.
Old 12th July 2020, 10:45   #2809
Senior - BHPian

One of my keys is not responding properly and I suspect battery is weak considering my TUV is 4.5 years old. Do I need to visit MASS or can I replace the key battery myself?
Old 12th July 2020, 10:54   #2810
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
One of my keys is not responding properly and I suspect battery is weak considering my TUV is 4.5 years old. Do I need to visit MASS or can I replace the key battery myself?
If you can find the clips/screw holding the key together and can pry it open - no need to visit the ASC. Do it yourself. Generally the key would have a single small screw visible. If it does - no need to visit ASC at all.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 12:03   #2811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Definitely you can by yourself.

Isn't this mentioned somewhere in the owner's manual on how to pry open the key shell and replace the battery?

paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 09:28   #2812
Distinguished - BHPian

My Tank is being looked at in the MASS for the fuel leakage problem now. Interestingly I got SMSes inviting me to view video recordings or a livestreaming of the car being serviced. But no video would actually livestream when I tried it. Perhaps later...and the portal allows me to message my service advisor if I spot anything in the video.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-capture_20200713092512.png
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2020, 16:34   #2813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
But no video would actually livestream when I tried it.
Yeah it does not work. I got the same SMS when my vehicle was at MASS few months back. At beginning the SA said the live-stream will be ready in few weeks, but it never started. Another half-lame initiative by M&M, neither does the contact-less service experience is implemented properly at MASS. They should be audited regularly on this, else these initiatives will be implemented by stealerships.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 15:48   #2814
Senior - BHPian

TOPIC: 0 marks to Mahindra RSA & 3000 marks to Mr. Anand Mahindra (My respect has increased millions of times for this AMAZING man)

On 16th July, beautiful rainy day, I had to meet a cousin who had come to town for some official work. Usually he stays with us but being COVID, he & his company decided to put him in a hotel. So, I went to T2 terminal, Mumbai to meet him. We just shook elbows, I gave him home-packed food & he went on his way.

I came back to my TUV and as I cranked the key, it shuddered but didn't start. I had faced this issue earlier too so I gave her about 10-12 cranks with same result. Knowing that the problem may have increased due to lock down & TUV being parked most of the time, I called Mahindra RSA at 08AM.

A private security (KRYSTAL) guy came & asked me to move vehicle as by now it was 15-20 minutes of me being there. I told him about starting issue & also informed him that I have called Mahindra RSA, who have promised towing support in next 30-40 minutes.

I made first call to Mahindra RSA at 08AM and thus started my torture. Long story short, even after 5 calls, each after 25-30 minutes duration Mahindra RSA was unable to arrange towing in the middle of Mumbai suburbs. That even at location like T2 terminal.
Even after 2.5 hours of me being stranded at T2, there was no clear indication from RSA on what happened to simple towing support. The CISF & private security were getting anxious for me to move the vehicle. They called traffic police, who also witnessed my frantic call to RSA. At last, they decided to tow me to the nearest traffic police chowky and their towing truck arrived within 10 minutes of call. As I was being towed, I was panicky as I didn't knew how the situation will unfold at police chowky, so I put my vehicle in 2nd gear & VOILA it started. I stopped the towing people & told them that the vehicle has started. The towing truck demanded 3K for mere 2 kms towing. As were were arguing (in heavy downpour) a traffic police van came & helped me sort out the situation.

I drove straight to Mahindra NBS Service Station & there they informed me that the battery needed to be changed. As per VIN, mine is a March 2016-100 BHP vehicle. I was hungry & disoriented & man, it is very difficult to wear & manage mask when it is wet.
I approved the battery change & asked them to carryout regular service which was due to in another 200 odd kms.

On returning home & getting my wits back, I tweeted to Mr. P. Goenka & Mr. Anand Mahindra.
Boy, the hell broke loose at Mahindra RSA after that. Since then I have got numerous and two of their main people have also given me their direct contact details - for any future emergency.
I cannot thank, Mr. Mahindra enough & am amazed that he reads & ensures action on tweets. Huge-Huge-Huge respect to this amazing man.

Regards.
ariesonu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2020, 17:57   #2815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
So, I went to T2 terminal, Mumbai to meet him.
This means, despite of less usage, you could start the car and then drive to the Airport from your home. This drive, even if the battery being would have charged it back due to driving certain Kms (and minutes).

Quote:
I came back to my TUV and as I cranked the key, it shuddered but didn't start. I had faced this issue earlier too so I gave her about 10-12 cranks with same result.
Typically, if it is the case of a weak battery, you should not be able to crank more than twice/thrice and the battery would go completely dead the next time you twist that key to crank.

Being able to crank 10-12 times hints that the battery was perhaps in good condition only.

Quote:
Knowing that the problem may have increased due to lock down & TUV being parked most of the time
What was the earlier issue? Was it related to the battery type or the charging system. If lockdown had to increase this, then you shouldn't have been able to crank 10-11 times at the Airport, that too after driving for few kms (and minutes) which is enough to charge even a dead battery to certain extent.

Quote:
so I put my vehicle in 2nd gear & VOILA it started
So, this at least isolated any electrical issues apart from staring the car that wasnt happening via battery.

Quote:
they informed me that the battery needed to be changed.
How did they arrive at this?

- Did they perform a battery test (Or at least check voltage drop at crank?)
- Did they verify by swapping it with a working battery if the charging system (alternator) itself was fine and the voltage at terminal with the engine running was above 13.5/14 Volts?
- Did they put your battery into another TUV to replicate the issue in that car?

Reason I am curious is because you mention that you took your car out with a not-so-regular use and it started well. Apart from that, you also mention that you cranked it 10-11 times and the car refused to start which generally cannot happen if the battery is weak. It will lose juice in just 2-3 short cranks itself.

Or, is there some issue that I have missed reading in your earlier posts?

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd July 2020 at 18:00.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 11:01   #2816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
This means, despite of less usage, you could start the car and then drive to the Airport from your home. This drive, even if the battery being would have charged it back due to driving certain Kms (and minutes).
Typically, if it is the case of a weak battery, you should not be able to crank more than twice/thrice and the battery would go completely dead the next time you twist that key to crank.
Being able to crank 10-12 times hints that the battery was perhaps in good condition only.
What was the earlier issue? Was it related to the battery type or the charging system. If lockdown had to increase this, then you shouldn't have been able to crank 10-11 times at the Airport, that too after driving for few kms (and minutes) which is enough to charge even a dead battery to certain extent.
So, this at least isolated any electrical issues apart from staring the car that wasn't happening via battery.
I have been doing the routine starting exercise every 10 days and also took her on some work drives, every drive was not more than 30 kms.

The problem was that the entire car would shake/shudder on cranking, at any time. It was not restricted to cold or hot starts, sometimes even violently. However after initial hiccups, she would start & then behave normal.
Once at FNG for wash, she did that & the mechanic there said that probably my car is developing air-lock in fuel pipe.

I had pointed this out in my Nov-2019 service. However car behaved completely normal at service station, even after we tried almost 15-20 cranks. It didn't happen at all till last week after that.

The car went from my house to airport (exactly 15.8 kms) without a hitch, she even cold started normal at my house in morning but then failed me completely at T2.

Quote:
How did they arrive at this?
- Did they perform a battery test (Or at least check voltage drop at crank?)
- Did they verify by swapping it with a working battery if the charging system (alternator) itself was fine and the voltage at terminal with the engine running was above 13.5/14 Volts?
- Did they put your battery into another TUV to replicate the issue in that car?
To be frank, I was quite disoriented because I hadn't had my breakfast, I was hungry, irritated, angry and above all drenched wet. I didn't bother to check that minutely.
I had a company fitted Amaron & now they have plonked an Exide.

Quote:
Reason I am curious is because you mention that you took your car out with a not-so-regular use and it started well. Apart from that, you also mention that you cranked it 10-11 times and the car refused to start which generally cannot happen if the battery is weak. It will lose juice in just 2-3 short cranks itself.
Or, is there some issue that I have missed reading in your earlier posts?
As I said that the shuddering & non-starting issue was not new. It had happened earlier too, but car would always started after few initial hiccups (I had started calling it hiccups).
Now that I read your statements, it does make sense. I am yet to revert on my visit & service experience about NBS. Let me take it up with that guy, when he calls.
Thanks for head-up & deeply appreciate the pointers.

Regards.
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 12:04   #2817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
OT: Hi Kosfactor, I tried to find the equivalent part for my Scorpio SLE on boodmo, but the closest I could find was this. Please do let me know too, if your search is more accurate
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 12:15   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
TOPIC: 0 marks to Mahindra RSA & 3000 marks to Mr. Anand Mahindra (My respect has increased millions of times for this AMAZING man)

I came back to my TUV and as I cranked the key, it shuddered but didn't start. I had faced this issue earlier too so I gave her about 10-12 cranks with same result. Knowing that the problem may have increased due to lock down & TUV being parked most of the time, I called Mahindra RSA at 08AM.

Regards.
Hi,

I had an identical experience a couple of days back with my TUV 300 ( Nov 2018 model ). However after several tries and after a 5 minute break (and almost panicking) it started and has behaved normally ever since. Must confess that I am also running on my original battery still. However the battery did crank sufficiently for several tries.

I am extremely keen to know what explananation the Mahindra service engineers give for your experience .

Kindly do keep us posted ,

Thanks & Regards
Old 24th July 2020, 12:19   #2819
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a decent dash cam for my TUV 300. Any suggestions and advice Please .
Old 24th July 2020, 12:33   #2820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganapathy View Post
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a decent dash cam for my TUV 300. Any suggestions and advice Please .
There is a large crop of very good dash-cams available now. Generally 70mai PRO or 70mai Lite seem to do the job well enough & are very compact. Easily hide behind the IRVM.

You can look them up in Amazon.in. I use a 70 Mai LITE + GPS module. More than happy with it.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks