Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2017, 14:43   #2626
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
My car will be due for the 2nd service in sometime (currently 8.5k).
I would recommend Pahwa Ford or Noida Ford. They are better than the others on a few technical issues. Else, send me a PM and I will have someone from Ford get in touch with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
My endy is apr or may 2016.
Should be applicable since there is no change in the engine and transmission since launch in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Do the SA's use a different terminology other than PCM update?
They ideally should not, however, if you are stuck, send me a PM and things will go smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I got it done today at Metro Ford. And there is a difference in the pickup between gears. Overall feels smoother.
Indeed does, there is a significant difference.

Quote:
Did you have to pay for this update or was it done free of cost?
All such updates released by the OEM are FOC.

***Latest Version***

BTW, there is a new version of the PCM released by Ford, which needs to updated on the Endy.

The version # is: EB3G-12A650ANL.
n.devdath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 16:21   #2627
BHPian

Tried inquiring with another service center - Eureka Ford (previously MPL Ford), Chennai.

Their service advisor Mr Rahim sounded receptive to my query initially and asked for my vehicle registration number, build year/month and VIN. After an hour of sending him these info, he called back to say that my VIN no is not applicable since there is a cutoff given my Ford for PCM updates. (Mine is a May 2016 build / July 2016 registered truck.)

I insisted that he double check again and he will get back to me by Monday after checking in with Ford technical team.

Since only a few dealers/service centers are aware of these updates, I wonder whether Ford provides dealerships with these updates/information on an on-demand basis only!

Quote:
They ideally should not, however, if you are stuck, send me a PM and things will go smooth.
-Will PM you, thx!
Old 3rd December 2017, 07:04   #2628
BHPian

Quote:
Tried inquiring with another service center - Eureka Ford (previously MPL Ford), Chennai.

Since only a few dealers/service centers are aware of these updates, I wonder whether Ford provides dealerships with these updates/information on an on-demand basis only!

-Will PM you, thx!
I am quite surprised at this level of knowledge in Chennai dealers given Ford Factory is there. Just ask them to connect their shop floor computer to OBD post and run the diagnostics for updates. If that computer is connected to Ford Network, it will automatically throw a report out and then each of the packages are downloaded and installed after erase procedure.

Almost like updating Firmware of laptops and phones.

I am also surprised for the fact that they do not even seem to understand the query. In fact, all the service centers are supposed to run the diagnostics each time the car comes to showroom. Not just for Endeavour but for all models. I have seen them do it for Ecosport, Mustang and New Figo. Many other brands also have this as a mandatory step/check in service procedures as this diagnosis also helps to identify any issues that are otherwise not evident. Installing updates are just one option of that entire procedure.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 3rd December 2017 at 07:05.
Old 3rd December 2017, 08:26   #2629
BHPian

Hi friends ,

Has any one bought the roof top carrier/ accessories. If yes , can you guide me the best options. I am based out of mumbai but can buy them from Bangalore as well.
Need them Urgent
Old 3rd December 2017, 10:11   #2630
BHPian

Is there any setting that enables AC start in internal circulation mode by default? Right now, I observe that the default is not set to internal circulation. However if I am starting the car within a short period of switching off ( with internal circulation on ), internal circulation will be enabled. I would like to make his default behaviour

-tortoise
Old 3rd December 2017, 11:08   #2631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Is there any setting that enables AC start in internal circulation mode by default? Right now, I observe that the default is not set to internal circulation. However if I am starting the car within a short period of switching off ( with internal circulation on ), internal circulation will be enabled. I would like to make his default behaviour

-tortoise

All you need to do is start the AC by pressing recirculation switch. I could not find any other option to enable it and this was the easiest hack.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:35   #2632
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Has any one bought the roof top carrier/ accessories. If yes, can you guide me the best options.
Thule makes the best top boxes for such vehicles and they also insulate the belongings nicely against the elements, but they are pretty expensive. I would not recommend the typical "Grille" type racks because they look gaudy, need bungy cords to tie up luggage and also tend to scratch the roof rails a lot of times during loading/unloading of luggage.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:39   #2633
BHPian

First hand experience of PCM update done today.

The service advisers may not be aware about latest PCM update as they do not receive any specific instruction to update all car. Moreover PCM updates are online and you will only know the version while updating.

Either you report a problem or just ask him to update without any reason. PCM will always update to latest version. Also once started it takes 10 minutes only.

As pointed above latest version is
EB3G-12A650-ANL released on 13- march-17.

My car is 15- Mar-17 manufactured and showed PCM version as something ending with -ANE( Could not go back during installation to recheck)

Also I had to update the Sync 3 as earlier I had tried the same by login in ford owners website but it did not download. For download I did received an email and link was available but download did not commence.

Unfortunely the website related to sync update was down for some maintenance and the update software asked to connect after 2 hours. I chose not to wait.

PCM update experience

It indeed looks like major update. I recommend everyone to update for following.

1. Faster transitions in between gears, so gear change is much smoother.

2. While the intial turbolag remains but it has now come down till some lower rpm than before.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:58   #2634
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
First hand experience of PCM update done today.
Which dealership did you go to get it done? How was the experience? How long did the Sync update take?
Old 3rd December 2017, 13:53   #2635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thule makes the best top boxes for such vehicles and they also insulate the belongings nicely against the elements, but they are pretty expensive. I would not recommend the typical "Grille" type racks because they look gaudy, need bungy cords to tie up luggage and also tend to scratch the roof rails a lot of times during loading/unloading of luggage.
Thanks a lot.

Since they are costly and every one doesn’t use it all the time.

Are there avenues / options for renting these kits ?

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2017 at 19:03. Reason: Wrong quote fixed
Old 3rd December 2017, 15:56   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Which dealership did you go to get it done? How was the experience? How long did the Sync update take?
I got it done from Gautam Budh Ford Noida. They have couple of SA with good knowledge, good internet and a dell laptop. While they were not aware about latest PCM version but immediately agreed to update it.

Sync update could not be done as the update software connects to another website, which was down. As per the message displayed in software, the site had a planned maintenance shutdown today (being sunday)

PCM was 10 minutes job but sync update takes little more time as firstly the system reads the current sync ( all the files) and then checks for update, if any.
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 18:09   #2637
BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends ,

Has any one bought the roof top carrier/ accessories. If yes , can you guide me the best options. I am based out of mumbai but can buy them from Bangalore as well.
Need them Urgent
I had done some bit of check on this before ending up with Thule. Expensive but you wont regret it. I found that some of the other brands had issues with the box lip opening at highway speeds, letting it rain and dust. Also some are pretty noisy. I have shared some pics of it in this thread. Mine is Dynamic M.
Thule has an authorised dealer on St. Marks road, Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
The oil used is either MINERAL or SEMI SYNTHETIC as per the HSN Code in Bill. 27101980.

With GST and HSN Code, one can understand the sham ongoing.

As per post shared by bhpian AJ-got-BHP, link
Update on Synthetic oil

I had posted earlier that Ford now uses Shell Ultra Helix Full synthetic fro Endy. But later I was told full synthetic has HSN 3403 and since my oil service bill had HSN 2710, I did not get full synthetic. So I did a study on this issue. Guess what, Shell Ultra Helix has HSN 2710 ! which is a true Synthetic oil. See my reply to the Synthetic Oil HSN code discussion in another thread to clarify the point.
Link

Now did Ford use Shell Ultra in my Endy ? Everyone I talked to, on the shop floor that day, said yes. But HSN is not helpful here. Can others check with their SA. My oil change was done at Metro Ford, Bangalore

Trunk Mats

Bought some trunk floor mats for my Endy. Very useful and recommended. I had been abusing the trunk floor with everything from heavy luggages, thorny jack fruits, muddy potted plants, wet water plants etc. This mat is very easy to clean and gives a good appeal.
Purchased the product from Aliexpress.
Link

Pictures
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_6828.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_6377-2.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_6378-2.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_6645.jpg

Fitment wise I am happy but there is some room to improve. Since it has adhesive tapes on the backside, it is a bit tricky to install. If you don’t get it right, the mat position will appear distorted. So you may want to use a local auto gadget store for installation. Once stuck, it will remain solid and will not move around. Very easy to clean either by vacuum or with a wet cloth.

Blind Spot Mirror

Blind Spot Mirror
I also added a Blind Spot Mirror (BSM). After installation I find that I may not have chosen the right spot. The Endy has a large lip on the Outside Rear View Mirror (OSRVM) which is interfering with the BSM field of view. Seems like roughy 20% of the BSM field of view is covered by this lip.
I believe the farthest location on the OSRVM is the best sport for BSM, giving the max blind spot coverage. But since the Endy has this large lip, I recommend placing the BSM a bit inward

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20171203-5.30.50-pm.png
Czarcarsm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 19:42   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I am also surprised for the fact that they do not even seem to understand the query. In fact, all the service centers are supposed to run the diagnostics each time the car comes to showroom. .
Yeah, this is frustrating. Everytime I ask for a Senior service engineer, they seem to connect me to only their Service advisor/coordinator. From my past 4 service incidents, unless I speak to multiple people in their service department things do not seem to fall in place. What is the need for a service coordinator unless he/she is not well versed and knowledgable in possible customer questions?
Old 5th December 2017, 11:40   #2639
BANNED

Quote:
Hi friends ,

Need them Urgent
I have bought last week Thule roofbars 9595 (Wingbar Edge) from Germany for Euro 187.
That is around Rs.5000 cheaper than what is available in India.
So, if you plan to visit europe or any friend/family member is visiting, you can get it cheaper there. I bought from amazon which was a bit expensive, but there are other sellers too, who sell at even cheaper prices (150-160 euro).
The thule roof box i intend to purchase later. The good thing about thule 9595 is that wind noise at speeds is very less and it looks good on the vehicle too, almost like a factory fit. I had VW Tuareg in my mind when i chose thule 9595. I liked that cross bar on the VW very much.
By the way 'carpowergrid.com' is the official channel for purchasing thule products in India.

Last edited by chaudh2s : 5th December 2017 at 11:48. Reason: additional information
chaudh2s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 20:27   #2640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends ,

Need them Urgent
Thule bangalore has good options for the Endeavour
(Crossbars,carriers and cargo boxes)
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks