Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2018, 21:11   #3361
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Hi Devdath,
Is your vehicle up sized to Yokohama Geolandars A/T G015 - 275/60 R18 ?
Does it bulge out of the wheel well? also what is the cost per tire?
If possible please share some pics as well.
Also assuming that the up size hasn't affected any driving mechanics?
The size is 275/60/18 but the pattern is G012.

Nope, it doesnt, have put up a few pictures below for reference. Also, drove in very slushy roads for long distances recently and there was no undue splashing on the fenders/doors from the front/rear tires at all.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-nandi-tire1.jpeg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-nandi-tire.jpeg

I paid INR 4500 per tire including GST for the exchange of brand new MRF Wanderers from the showroom.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 22:10   #3362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Nope, it doesnt, have put up a few pictures below for reference. Also, drove in very slushy roads for long distances recently and there was no undue splashing on the fenders/doors from the front/rear tires at all.
Awesome, I was worried if the tire would bulge out. Thanks sir.

Last edited by ampere : 11th September 2018 at 07:29. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 10th September 2018, 22:24   #3363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I've driven and sat in Endys with stock and better tires with different odo readings and I must say that the Wanderers definitely don't do justice to the Endy at all, especially after the 30k km mark.
I saw an Endeavor on display in a Ford dealership last Sunday and (though the purpose of my visit was EcoSport), I checked it out along with all other cars on display. Surprised to see the flagship model of Ford (let's discount the premium Mustang) comes with MRF tyres when the top end variants of their ALL other models wore Bridgestone.

IMHO, this is enough for those fence-sitters who cannot finalize between Fortuner and the Endy to swing towards Toyota.
Old 11th September 2018, 01:36   #3364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
IMHO, this is enough for those fence-sitters who cannot finalize between Fortuner and the Endy to swing towards Toyota.
Pull up the comparative feature list between both and you will gladly ignore the tires fitted, let alone performance.

I won't let 20 thousand rupees sway a 35lac rupee decision, period.
n.devdath is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 07:24   #3365

Quote:
Pull up the comparative feature list between both and you will gladly ignore the tires fitted, let alone performance.
I totally concur.

After an extensive evaluation and deliberations, I chose Endeavour over Toyota Fortuner.
The joy of driving is leagues above Fortuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
The TPMS in the Endeavour is just an alarm which sounds when the tyre pressure goes below 20 psi.
Many Thanks.

I browsed through their product catalogue and they do seem to have some cool accessories. I liked the simplicity of the TPMS and will order one.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 11th September 2018 at 16:56. Reason: back to back posts merged; see mod note
VeeEight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 08:10   #3366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeEight View Post

I browsed through their product catalogue and they do seem to have some cool accessories. I liked the simplicity of the TPMS and will order one.

There is one more thing to the Roger Tpms. They have a special joint which you can use and so you don't have to remove the Tpms to fill air. Just open the valve, fill air and move. This additionally (4 pieces) cost around 450 rupees.

Total: 9600 + 450 = 10050.

You can buy the set from Amazon also.

Most likely they will call you after purchase to buy the additional accessory. If they don't, you can them.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th September 2018 at 10:25. Reason: Math.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 11:13   #3367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is one more thing to the Roger Tpms. They have a special joint which you can use and so you don't have to remove the Tpms to fill air. Just open the valve, fill air and move. This additionally (4 pieces) cost around 450 rupees.

Total: 9600 + 450 = 10050.

You can buy the set from Amazon also.

Most likely they will call you after purchase to buy the additional accessory. If they don't, you can them.
Thanks for the link. Very responsive pre-sales team as well - Pictures of censors fitted with Value.

Below video explaining the features

Why not manufacturers bring all these part of OEM features..will it costs them 4-5k?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-21.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-22.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-23.jpg  

Surprise is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 17:31   #3368
BHPian

An update to the lug nuts issue :

I had sent a strong worded mail to Ford, detailing how i was almost stuck in the middle of nowhere, and they reverted that they are in the knowledge of the issue with the nut and are in the process of getting better quality ones. The customer care guy who called me up said that once the nuts arrive at the Chennai plant, they will be shipped to the dealer and i would be notified and that they will be changed free of cost.

When i asked him whether Ford will issue a recall for the nuts, he said he did not have any confirmation on that yet. Hope they do. I would not want anyone to be stuck, the way i was. In case Ford does not issue a recall, it will be wise to change to simple steel nuts on our own.
Hellzboy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 19:41   #3369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I saw an Endeavor on display in a Ford dealership last Sunday and (though the purpose of my visit was EcoSport), I checked it out along with all other cars on display. Surprised to see the flagship model of Ford (let's discount the premium Mustang) comes with MRF tyres when the top end variants of their ALL other models wore Bridgestone.

Just by tyres, the Endeavour cannot be degraded against the Fortuner. The Fortuner is a wonderful SUV with excellent service from Toyota but when compared to Endeavour, the Endeavour is the winner. Please see various online videos on YouTube (Indian, Australian etc) and the Endeavour is the winner and also more priced abroad.

Coming to the MRF tyres, they are not all that bad and are made for Indian conditions. Agreed that they are not suitable for off-roading.

The Ford service which was notorious during the Ford icon days, has now drastically improved where Ford takes personal interest and monitors all service centres. This is from personal experience. So for me and all Endeavour owners in this forum, the Ford Endeavour is a true winner and value for money car.

Quote:

Absolutely correct. Agree 100%.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 09:57   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzboy View Post
An update to the lug nuts issue :In case Ford does not issue a recall, it will be wise to change to simple steel nuts on our own.
Can someone share what are the best available aftermarket lug nuts to get? If its few thousands only I'd rather buy them myself rather than wait for an advisory or recall from Ford.
Old 12th September 2018, 11:15   #3371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just by tyres, the Endeavour cannot be degraded against the Fortuner...
Absolutely correct. Agree 100%.
Quote:

An active TBHPian here since 2005, and I know the traits of Ford very, very much. That's why I was there at a Ford showroom . Booked an Ecosport Petrol T+ automatic variant.

Now, let's come to the point. If I need a big SUV, I too would have gone for the Endy (41+ L, not 35) over Fortuner. But what I had said is 100% true, the folks in the Ford showroom have confirmed it that almost every customer has expressed displeasure towards Ford choosing MRF for such a high-profile vehicle. In fact, what angered them most is other ford models that cost 1/4 of the Endeavor come with Bridgestone.

It's really not the of quality of MRF wanderers, but the overall image that mattes here. MRF surely doesn't have the image of a premium tyre brand in Kerala, I am not sure about other parts of the country.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 12th September 2018 at 11:18.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 11:42   #3372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An active TBHPian here since 2005, and I know the traits of Ford very, very much. That's why I was there at a Ford showroom . Booked an Ecosport Petrol T+ automatic variant.

Now, let's come to the point. If I need a big SUV, I too would have gone for the Endy (41+ L, not 35) over Fortuner. But what I had said is 100% true, the folks in the Ford showroom have confirmed it that almost every customer has expressed displeasure towards Ford choosing MRF for such a high-profile vehicle. In fact, what angered them most is other ford models that cost 1/4 of the Endeavor come with Bridgestone.

It's really not the of quality of MRF wanderers, but the overall image that mattes here. MRF surely doesn't have the image of a premium tyre brand in Kerala, I am not sure about other parts of the country.

Congrats on being an active Team bhpian since 2005

Well you yourself have admitted that if you need a large SUV, you will choose the Endeavour.

Your earlier post was talking about others being displeased about MRF tyres and going for the Fortuner. And my response was that the Endeavour is a far more superior vehicle.

If I am spending 2 lakhs or 40 lakhs on my vehicle, I really don't care about what others think even if the tyres are MRF.

As said earlier, MRF tyres are not that good for off-roading but I am quite happy with them on road and will change to better tyres after about 25k kilometres.

To everything, there is a reason. Why had Ford cut short here, because the Endeavour is an expensive affair for them and they had to match the price of the Fortuner or else the sales will be very very poor. Had there been no Fortuner in India, the Endeavour would have easily been priced around 45 lakhs. Please compare the prices of both vehicles abroad.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 12th September 2018 at 11:44.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 12:24   #3373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on being an active Team bhpian since 2005

Well you yourself have admitted that if you need a large SUV, you will choose the Endeavour.

To everything, there is a reason. Why had Ford cut short here, because the Endeavour is an expensive affair for them and they had to match the price of the Fortuner or else the sales will be very very poor. Had there been no Fortuner in India, the Endeavour would have easily been priced around 45 lakhs. Please compare the prices of both vehicles abroad.
Thanks, for a moment I thought you're thanking me for replacing my second Fiat with another driver-centric marque.

Ref. Endy as my choice for a big SUV, I said I would consider, not will.

The superiority of the Endy has no relevance here. Just look at the way Tata is showcasing Harman audio system in Nexon. Is it better than Nippon? Subjective. Does it have great reputation and brand visibility? Definitely.

Ref. price-cutting, Rs. 13,700 would be the added up amount, retail incl. GST. That's the difference between Wanderer and Dueler for a set of four. Roughly 0.28% of the OTR price of the vehicle. As GTO put it in the other thread started by TBHPian AG regarding the missing chassis member of the Indian version, "Ford must learn where to save their pennies and where to spend them."
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 12:34   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, for a moment I thought you're thanking me for replacing my second Fiat with another driver-centric marque.

The superiority of the Endy has no relevance here. Just look at the way Tata is showcasing Harman audio system in Nexon. Is it better than Nippon? Subjective. Does it have great reputation and brand visibility? Definitely.

Ref. price-cutting, Rs. 13,700 would be the added up amount, retail incl. GST. That's the difference between Wanderer and Dueler for a set of four. Roughly 0.28% of the OTR price of the vehicle. As GTO put it in the other thread started by TBHPian AG regarding the missing chassis member of the Indian version, "Ford must learn where to save their pennies and where to spend them."
I totally agree with you. For the price that the Endeavour comes, Ford should definitely provide a better set of tyres, and it would be smart of them, even if it is just for the name or image.

On the other hand, I did not have a major issue with the MRFs and replaced them at 52k with the same set. It was mainly because i just had one day to do it all and was not able to research it properly. Geolanders would have been my choice. I guess, i will change them after another 25-30k now.
Hellzboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 12:54   #3375
BANNED

Quote:
Nope, you said that you would have bought the Endeavour, NOT merely considered it. Here's your post for easy reference.

Quote:
Now, let's come to the point. If I need a big SUV, I too would have gone for the Endy (41+ L, not 35) over Fortuner.
Coming back to the tires (now this is getting boring and kinda lame), any product is considered by its buyers as a combination of what it offers and what it doesn't and the monetary value/relevance/importance/perception thereof.

If your dealer told you or you believe that tires alone are putting off people from buying the Endeavour over the Fortuner, then the dealer doesn't know how to answer the questions related to them and you too have formed your opinion based on something which is less than 0.28% of the vehicle cost.
n.devdath is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks