Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2019, 13:04   #3961
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
My Endeavour "Thor" has done 38000 kms till date on the stock MRF Wanderers. I think I should be able to get at least about 45000 kms before I have to change.

I do take it offroad quite a bit on my work and so far, I have not felt the tyres searching for grip so badly that I would need to change them. I am making this statement from a practical perspective of daily use.
Exactly my point, its just the TREND we made here, there is no issue with the OE Tyres. You can always upgrade to better quality, but that doesn't means that OE Tyres are bad. Its true few of initial buyer faced issue with sidewall cuts and all. But then, few buyers did face issue with Endy stalling and other major malfunction too. Doesn't mean that ENDY as complete OE Package is bad, and we are going to start replacing its parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kams7ue View Post
Hey guys, I can confirm this car actually exists and is 2019 manufactured.
I am not sure why this is not formally announced or promoted.

I have checked out the car in person. Liked it hence booked it (white color). Will be delivered to me day after tomorrow.
So you are going to be the first one to get the TRULY LIMITED EDITION of the beast.
Congrats!

Will be waiting for pics and all

Last edited by GKG4 : 18th June 2019 at 13:06.
GKG4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 13:27   #3962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have checked out the car in person. Liked it hence booked it (white color). Will be delivered to me day after tomorrow.

Very interesting. What is the price at which it is being offered? Any other differences with respect to features or mechanicals?
Old 18th June 2019, 15:53   #3963
BHPian

Quote:

AFAIK it should be the 3.2L Titanium which was the Trend trim in the pre-facelift.

I believe, at the launch, two models were there - one Titanium and the other Titanium+.

The Limited edition that you are talking about should be having the older design alloy wheels if I am correct.

BTW, Congrats on the booking. Do share some pictures
daf23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 15:54   #3964
BHPian

Replacing tyres is a purely personal choice.

Just a cursory read of the specifications of the OE MRF tyres will reveal that their treadwear rating, and speed rating is below that of the Falken tyres that replaced them.

The MRF's will usually last about 45,000 kms to 50,000 kms depending on driving styles as the tread wear rating is in the 300's (i cannot recollect the exact number at this time).

The Falkens have a tread wear rating of 600 which was the same as my two sets of Yokohamas Geolandars on my Fortuner.
These are good for close to 100,000 kms which is what i used my Yokohamas 1st set for.

The Falkens also have a higher speed rating than the MRF's.

Moreover the Falkens have the snowflake symbol as well which means they are truly all weather tyres.

Just a glance at the tread depth will reveal that have deeper tread as well.

I never said there was a problem with the MRF's but just that id rather use a superior product on my point of contact with the road surface.

So all in all looking at all the advantages of replacing the MRF's (for which i would get a decent price as long as i dont use them much) with superior rubber like Falken or Yokohama Geolandar G015 it was a no brainer as for a mere Rs. 14,000 i got a brand new set of much superior tyres that would cost me close to Rs. 50,000 in the future. Thus it made sense financially as well.

I certainly did not do so due to any "trend" on Team Bhp and on the contrary it was a rather informed decision.

Here is a pic of the Falken and MRF side by side for comparasion. I personally also like how the Falkens look on the rim when compared to the MRF's.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20190613174913_gallery.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20190613174818_gallery.jpg  

Manuuj is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 22:41   #3965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Replacing tyres is a purely personal choice.

Here is a pic of the Falken and MRF side by side for comparasion. I personally also like how the Falkens look on the rim when compared to the MRF's.
Finally, the correct post about the tyre upgrade.

There is nothing wrong with OE Tyres, the upgrade is just well.. UPGRADE

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th June 2019 at 05:05. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
GKG4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 16:00   #3966
BHPian

I am considering to buy an Endy 3.2L and I am not in a hurry. Kodiaq is another (or may be the only other option) that is in consideration.

Question: Should I wait till April 2019 for BS6 to be in?. What are the pros and cons (aspects like potential engine spec changes, price etc) for buying before or after BS6 is in?
Old 21st June 2019, 16:44   #3967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
I am considering to buy an Endy 3.2L and I am not in a hurry. Kodiaq is another ...

Question: Should I wait till April 2019 for BS6 to be in?.
I'm also in the same situation and my shortlist reads exactly like yours. IMHO i have three options: A. Wait for the Apr 2020 deadline and buy the BS6 model. B. Wait and get the current model on the eve of BS6 deadline and avail maximum discount and C. Buy it now.

My decision is B, I know I am playing a game of dice. Reason? A golden opportunity to get the Time-tested and proven BS4 variant with a whopping discount.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 17:31   #3968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
My decision is B, I know I am playing a game of dice. Reason? A golden opportunity to get the Time-tested and proven BS4 variant with a whopping discount.
While you may get a discount, like you're planning to. But keep in mind this risk factor - Ford is well aware of this kind of consumer behavior and will most likely plan their volumes around the April 2020 event. If there are many people who are similarly waiting for a big discount, then demand might outstrip supply close to d-day and maybe the discounts will not pan out.

If Ford underestimates demand around this event and under manufactures, maybe enough number of cars will not even be available to sell to all willing buyers.

Noone can predict the future (if you don't get the 3.2L will the BS VI bi-turbo cost substantially more post Apr 2020?) , however, since I did not want to take the above risk, I went ahead and bought now.

This link may give you some hints about Ford's plans - https://www.outlookindia.com/website...ntation/329755

Last edited by rovingeye : 21st June 2019 at 17:57.
rovingeye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 17:43   #3969
BHPian

So from April, would it be the bi-turbo version? Or would the current 3.2L have a BS6 variant? If its going to be the bi-turbo, would it be much more expensive?

On the Discount part, I may also not take the chance of waiting till March/April hoping just for additional discount. May be Nov/Dec could be an opportunity to close. If I wait till March/April, I might as well go for the new BS6 compliant models.

Wondering what the situation be for Kodiaq on similar lines. Are they BS6 compliant already or can we expect changes by April?
Old 21st June 2019, 18:54   #3970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Wondering what the situation be for Kodiaq on similar lines. Are they BS6 compliant already or can we expect changes by April?
The Kodiaq is BS4 compliant. But overseas versions of this engine meet Euro6.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 10:15   #3971
Senior - BHPian

An Endeavor overturns after being hit by a Santro, displaying the inherent deficiency of SUVs with their commanding street presence.

The laws of physics cannot be altered.

sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 16:32   #3972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
............. Liked it hence booked it (white color). Will be delivered to me day after tomorrow.
Any pics and details of this car? Would be interesting to know if a manufacturer is indeed supplying SKUs not listed on the website.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 24th June 2019 at 16:32. Reason: Spacing. Mods need to look into this. It's becoming a hassle!
Old 6th July 2019, 18:38   #3973
GTO
Team-BHP Support

We'll all agree that as appealing as the Endeavour's styling is, the rear end lacks punch. It looks too tame compared to the aggressive front.

Just found a solution = wider tyres . Man, it really, really improves the stance of the car. I couldn't take my eyes off this one, despite the sad number-plate. Notice how the tyre slightly protrudes out of the body line:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20190706-10.55.31.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20190706-10.55.25.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-20190706-10.54.24.jpg
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th July 2019, 19:22   #3974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We'll all agree that as appealing as the Endeavour's styling is, the rear end lacks punch. It looks too tame compared to the aggressive front.

Just found a solution = wider tyres . Man, it really, really improves the stance of the car.
This surely looks amazing. Endeavour has always been my favourite SUV and I just love its macho stance. However the rear design is too simple. Some subtle changes can make a huge difference and this can be seen in the images shared by GTO. This surely will be a desired upgrade for the Endy owners.
Old 11th July 2019, 09:30   #3975
BHPian

Upgrade of PCM version is available for 2.2 AT. Did my upgrade from AMM to AMN 2 weeks back. The previous update was around Oct 2018. On March 2019 there was no update available. So AMN seems to be relatively new. TCM update was not available but the software showed that next update in 77 days(or "no updates in next 77 days").

Changes after upgrade - As is the usual pattern after every PCM update(or autolearn memory flush)the car is very lively for first two days with gear changes as fast as Sports mode. Now after 2 weeks, the gear changes are smoother than before. Still uphill acceleration from 0kmph is noisy, but rest of the time the drive is smoother. If in the past 30% of the driving time was irritating due to gearbox delay/rpm noise, this has now reduced to 10% of the total driving time. Maybe more improvements can be expected if a TCM update is available later
raj84 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks