Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2017, 09:01   #916
Senior - BHPian

6 speed MT IMHO is really what was needed for a car of this size and price. Makes the manual a lot more desirable now with better efficiency over the AT. Hope they also fix the dancing gear lever as well which was a disappointment for car that costs to much .
Old 26th August 2017, 10:58   #917
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Another friend booked the Innova Crysta GX-MT 8 seater yesterday. Delivery in 1.5 months. Colour White is his primary choice but he is confused because he heard White tuns to Yellow over time. Is there anything to be worried about regarding White turning Yellow-ish with the current generation of paints?

Almost all the Fortuners I have seen on the roads are White. Assuming Toyota uses same painting technology I see no reason to be worried because I have not yet seen a Yellow-ish Fortuner so far.

Last edited by Sankar : 26th August 2017 at 11:00.
Old 26th August 2017, 11:48   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Another friend booked the Innova Crysta GX-MT 8 seater yesterday. Delivery in 1.5 months. Colour White is his primary choice but he is confused because he heard White tuns to Yellow over time. Is there anything to be worried about regarding White turning Yellow-ish with the current generation of paints?

Almost all the Fortuners I have seen on the roads are White. Assuming Toyota uses same painting technology I see no reason to be worried because I have not yet seen a Yellow-ish Fortuner so far.

White turning into yellowish is a myth. White is the most preferred color for Innova/Fortuner (thanks to Political and realestate gang) and provides good resale value.
Old 26th August 2017, 13:14   #919
BHPian

Quote:

Shouldn't your friend wait for the 6 Speed manual instead, when it is launched? I bet that would be a better buy.

Last edited by samabhi : 26th August 2017 at 13:15. Reason: Typo
Old 26th August 2017, 15:04   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
White turning into yellowish is a myth. White is the most preferred color for Innova/Fortuner (thanks to Political and realestate gang) and provides good resale value.
Mine is a white too, just an year old, its easier to maintain with regard to colour matching touch ups etc. Certain myths are passed off as facts amongst uninformed. This was one such instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Shouldn't your friend wait for the 6 Speed manual instead, when it is launched? I bet that would be a better buy.
Are idea regarding when the features are being launched? 6 speed MT would definitely be the better option to purchase.
Old 26th August 2017, 16:13   #921
BHPian

Few pics of my touring sport.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170826_160811.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20170826_160714.jpg  

Vulken Auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 10:08   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Are idea regarding when the features are being launched? 6 speed MT would definitely be the better option to purchase.
No concrete news Sankar. Quoting the post Ravenavi shared, it seems to be next month. But then I have not come across this update anywhere else. Also do note that as per the same article, the 6 Speed MT is for the VX variant.
Old 30th August 2017, 12:21   #923
BHPian

With the imminent 10% hike in the Cess, entire Bangalore had run out of stock of the Crysta Z AT variant. My neighbor is ready to take immediate delivery with full payment, but none of the dealers have it in stock. Looks like everything is blocked.
Old 30th August 2017, 19:54   #924
BHPian

Dear friends, this maybe a little off-topic. I thought it would be useful. I just purchased a Armrest Storage Box Center Console Container Bin Tray from Aliexpress. It very handy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Armr...311.0.0.LJw9Lp

Though it says it is for Toyota Fortuner, it perfectly fits the Innova Crysta. Please refer the attached picture taken in my Crysta.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-innova-crysta-armrest-storage.jpeg  

obed5579 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 20:33   #925
BHPian

Friends, here is how my Crysta GX dashboard looks, after all the decoration done. Got the dashboard panels painted at a local car painting workshop, to match the car color (Garnet Red) . May be after enjoying this color for some time, I may purchase ZX panels from the showroom.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-db-2.jpg

Got the seat covers custom made, after selecting the color and the design.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-sc-2.jpg
Old 30th August 2017, 22:14   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Friends, here is how my Crysta GX dashboard looks, after all the decoration done. ........
Hello,

Congratulations on your new car!

Can you pls share how / from where did you source the silver trim around the air vents and what did it cost you ?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 15:39. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 30th August 2017, 22:19   #927
Senior - BHPian

Finally managed to capture some pictures. The car has now covered 2.5K and first free checkup is done.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6841.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6834.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6855.jpg
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6832.jpg
The camera which is fit above the number plate. While the fit is great the picture clarity is about 3.5/5.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6833.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 07:32   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Hello,

Congratulations on your new car!

Can you pls share how / from where did you source the silver trim around the air vents and what did it cost you ?

Thanks in advance !
Thank you sanchit.j. The silver trim is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) part for VX / ZX varints. You can get it from accessories store at Toyota dealership. Did not remember exact price. Its something around 5400 or so.
Old 31st August 2017, 07:43   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Thank you sanchit.j. The silver trim is Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) part for VX / ZX varints. You can get it from accessories store at Toyota dealership. Did not remember exact price. Its something around 5400 or so.

Thank you!

Another quick one : does the GX miss out on a trip meter? I can't happen to find it in my car's MID options.

If it's indeed there how is it accessed?
Old 31st August 2017, 09:28   #930
Senior - BHPian

25000KM Service

25000KM service was done last week. Cost was Rs.1871 which included checkup, wheel alignment and washing. Mid 5000KM service is only a checkup mostly. I prefer to get the wheel alignment done at Toyota dealer and this 5000km service helps me keep the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed5579 View Post
Dear friends, this maybe a little off-topic. I thought it would be useful. I just purchased a Armrest Storage Box Center Console Container Bin Tray from Aliexpress. It very handy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Armr...311.0.0.LJw9Lp

Though it says it is for Toyota Fortuner, it perfectly fits the Innova Crysta. Please refer the attached picture taken in my Crysta.
Thanks. Very useful and I was looking for something like this! Does it leave any space under the tray once installed, if so how much?

Last edited by Sankar : 31st August 2017 at 09:33.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks