Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2017, 13:17   #931
BHPian

Re: 25000KM Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post

Thanks. Very useful and I was looking for something like this! Does it leave any space under the tray once installed, if so how much?
Hi Sankar,
There is ample space under the tray. It cost me approx. Rs.600 and took around 3 weeks to get delivered.
Old 1st September 2017, 16:29   #932
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Where did you source the gear knob from? It looks like a genuine Toyota accessory. How much does it cost?
Old 1st September 2017, 17:33   #933
BHPian

Quote:
25000KM service was done last week. Cost was Rs.1871 which included checkup, wheel alignment and washing. Mid 5000KM service is only a checkup mostly. I prefer to get the wheel alignment done at Toyota dealer and this 5000km service helps me keep the schedule.

Thanks. Very useful and I was looking for something like this! Does it leave any space under the tray once installed, if so how much?

Hello again Sankar,

Being a little repetitive, but wanted to check if the GX model has a trip meter in the MID?

If yes, how is it accessed as I can't find it mine.

Thank you!!
Old 1st September 2017, 18:14   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Hello again Sankar,

Being a little repetitive, but wanted to check if the GX model has a trip meter in the MID?

If yes, how is it accessed as I can't find it mine.

Thank you!!
Yes its there. You can access it by using Disp button on the steering wheel.
Old 1st September 2017, 19:31   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes its there. You can access it by using Disp button on the steering wheel.
I was mistaken i thought i saw it in MID. But now when i looked for it I couldnt find it. So i guess its not there in GX.

If you need trip details there are two options. One is using OBD bluetooth dongle and a phone app or you can buy a dedicated OBD gauge like scangauge. I have one in my GX and it is one of the best well documented and supported gauges. If you set it up properly it will work just as well.

I have a habit of not using the trip function so never really noticed till now. Its weird though almost all modern vehicles have this.

Last edited by Sankar : 1st September 2017 at 19:59.
Old 1st September 2017, 19:52   #936
BHPian

Quote:
I was mistaken i thought i saw it in MID. But now when i looked for it I couldnt find it. So i guess its not there in GX.
Weird. A pricey car with the unique distinction of omitting the trip meter!!
Old 1st September 2017, 22:28   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
Weird. A pricey car with the unique distinction of omitting the trip meter!!
Not sure, but, it might not be in MID, but there might be a knob on the odo cum speedo meter which when pressed will show TripA and second time TripB and 3rd time display brightness and 4th back to original.
Old 2nd September 2017, 08:41   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Not sure, but, it might not be in MID, but there might be a knob on the odo cum speedo meter which when pressed will show TripA and second time TripB and 3rd time display brightness and 4th back to original.
You are right. Hahaha how i could i.miss this
Its there in the console itself. There is a knob which is pressed to access the trip meter and there are two A and B. Same knob is used to control instrument panel light.
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:33   #939
Team-BHP Support

Picked a Petrol ZX for Airport and Local runs. Although I am not going to drive the steering feels different from the one I test drove ( Petrol only). Can this be due to the size of wheels? What are options to move to 17 inches, I don't think it will be wise to buy OEM rates at full rates? Or perhaps I should take another test drive again to identify correctly. Another irritant is Yellow bulbs in interiors. Seriously, how much difference would have it made to put everything in white or LED?

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd September 2017 at 09:36.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:15   #940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Although I am not going to drive the steering feels different from the one I test drove ( Petrol only). Can this be due to the size of wheels?
What exactly is the difference that you feel? Could you make it more clear?

Quote:
What are options to move to 17 inches, I don't think it will be wise to buy OEM rates at full rates?
I would recommend not going for the 17". Due to frequent puncture and tyre burst issues, Toyota was forced to change the tyre size of top end variant to 16" from 17". If you check the team-bhp official review of Innova crysta, GTO had mentioned even before all this issue happened that the 17" low profile option was a very bad design decision for such a heavy MPV on Indian roads.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 20:40   #941
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Could you make it more clear?
I am not clear myself, just that while test driving car felt little differently but since this post I got the tyres changed and now it's better. Besides it was a short drive and my regular drive is X5 or 730, so perhaps I will have to get used to, in case I want to drive

Quote:
I would recommend not going for the 17
Agree, just got the tyres changed. Thanks. Tyre shop has recommended 35 psi, I will mostly travel alone, driver + 1 so what should be ideal pressure if you can suggest considering the different profile.

And any way to get rid of those Yellow bulbs inside? Plus some suggestions to upgrade sound quality on the stock unit. I don't want to change head unit but it sounds really bad for a 2 million car, they could have spent a couple of thousands more on some better speakers surely.
Looks the only test they do for audio is to measure & ensure the level of Noise it makes after running continuously 24 hours x 365 Days No person with correct hearing capabilities can pass such product on high priced variants. Glad that they don't offer this as an option on lower variants.

Here are more details about the change.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4262627

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd September 2017 at 21:03.
Old 4th September 2017, 08:20   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Where did you source the gear knob from? It looks like a genuine Toyota accessory. How much does it cost?
Yes it is a genuine Toyota accessory. It costs something around 2200.
Old 5th September 2017, 10:35   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plus some suggestions to upgrade sound quality on the stock unit. I don't want to change head unit but it sounds really bad for a 2 million car, they could have spent a couple of thousands more on some better speakers surely.
Looks the only test they do for audio is to measure & ensure the level of Noise it makes after running continuously 24 hours x 365 Days No person with correct hearing capabilities can pass such product on high priced variants. Glad that they don't offer this as an option on lower variants.
Lower variants also come with same speaker set but without head unit. I changed the speakers to Rockford Fosgate prime series. They sound a lot better than the stock speakers. Probably a 4 channel amp and Subwoofer would make the setup perfect but I am surprised and more than happy by the output from Fosgate.

I put the Innova speakers for sale on OLX and got a buyer within 30 minutes of posting. I had another set of Pioneer speakers also for sale but the buyer insisted he wanted Innova speakers.
I managed to get 2.3K for Innova speakers where as only 2K for Pioneer speakers(both are set of 4). That's brand Innova for you .
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 13:39   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I changed the speakers to Rockford Fosgate prime series. They sound a lot better than the stock speakers. Probably a 4 channel amp and Subwoofer would make the setup perfect but I am surprised and more than happy by the output from Fosgate.
  • Did you use component on front and coaxial on rear?
  • Also, could you please share the exact model number of the speakers you are using now?
  • Did you face any challenges in fitting these speakers? I heard that the stock Innova speakers are not standard size which is popular in the market.
  • And last but not the least, did you get this fitted using Toyota dealership? And if so, which dealer?
Old 5th September 2017, 14:24   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
  • Did you use component on front and coaxial on rear?
  • Also, could you please share the exact model number of the speakers you are using now?
  • Did you face any challenges in fitting these speakers? I heard that the stock Innova speakers are not standard size which is popular in the market.
  • And last but not the least, did you get this fitted using Toyota dealership? And if so, which dealer?
Yes, I have got component at front and coaxial at rear.
Model-R675 and R1675-S from prime range. The R1675's comes with a pair of tweeters which I have got installed along with ZX variant grille.
I was not there during the time of installation, hence not sure if there were any issues. I know of couple of people who have got aftermarket speakers installed without any issues.
These were installed at Nandi Toyota(Museum Road) and doesnot void any warranty. They have given me warranty card of speakers and head unit.

You can find more details for Innova ICE here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-crysta-5.html
Highly recommend you to upgrade speakers in Innova.

Last edited by PrideRed : 5th September 2017 at 14:25.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks