Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2018, 17:52   #1546
BHPian

Guys, need some info on the average mileage shown in Innova 2.8Z AT.

The average mileage is shown against column After Reset. This never goes to zero when the trip meter is reset to zero. How to reset the avg mileage to zero when we reset the trip meter or is it that there is no link between these two.

Also, from the settings, there are 2 more options like After Start (Does the avg mileage start at zero at each and every start of the vehicle) and After Refuelling(Does this reset the avg mileage to zero after refuelling).

Any inputs in this regard are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd June 2018, 20:35   #1547
BHPian

Re: DTE Power Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Some of you many know that I was running a Unichip tuning kit in my Crysta, and in my final tune it was pushing 567NM and 214HP at the wheels. It was good.......... And so DTE Power Control happened and Unichip is for sale!

DTE is a German company and they are good. The quality of the connectors, the conduit etc is first class! The box for the 2.8D4D comes with a dyno test report done on a MAHA dyno at Germany with before and after figures. I will be getting the dyno run done at ARKA on the dynapack dyno sometime in future.

DTE i bought is an Injector duration and boost control box. It is not a rail pressure box.
Sorry Sankar, I am completely new/dumb to this "Chiptuning" having heard about it first time. But I felt interested in knowing more about this. But the fact I would like to know more about this - is on 2 things. I hope it is ok for you to share the info.

1. What is the primary aim of this equipment - Is it higher power output or for Fuel efficiency.
2. What is the Return Of Investment on this equipment.

I am looking at the practical level - since you have used this product for some time and had done the analysis.
pradeepnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 14:05   #1548
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Guys, need some info on the average mileage shown in Innova 2.8Z AT.

The average mileage is shown against column After Reset. This never goes to zero when the trip meter is reset to zero. How to reset the avg mileage to zero when we reset the trip meter or is it that there is no link between these two.

Also, from the settings, there are 2 more options like After Start (Does the avg mileage start at zero at each and every start of the vehicle) and After Refuelling(Does this reset the avg mileage to zero after refuelling).

Any inputs in this regard are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Click on 'Home' button on the OEM HU.
Tap on 'ECO'
Tap on 'Past Record'
Tap on 'Update'

Alternatively,

If the Average is showing on your MID, scroll to that screen(Or enable it from settings) and push the middle button(the one with a big fat Dot) in the cluster on the right side of the steering control. keep pressing it till the average mileage resets.

Last edited by Lego28 : 4th June 2018 at 14:06. Reason: removing extra spaces and new lines
Lego28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 16:01   #1549
BHPian

In my office parking lot today i saw a yellow board Crysta with AVIS markings on it. It had no variant badging at the rear i.e. 2.4 G, 2.8Z etc. And had steel wheels. This is the first time i have seen a Crysta with steel wheels. I guess this is the base G variant. I looked up the Toyota website but there is no mention of G variant.
Old 4th June 2018, 16:47   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Any idea regarding wheel size of those steelies, were they 16 inchers?
Though I like alloys I believe black steelies with no wheel cap has a charm to it in certain applications. Wish there were 17inch steelies.
Old 4th June 2018, 17:12   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
In my office parking lot today i saw a yellow board Crysta with AVIS markings on it. It had no variant badging at the rear i.e. 2.4 G, 2.8Z etc. And had steel wheels. This is the first time i have seen a Crysta with steel wheels. I guess this is the base G variant. I looked up the Toyota website but there is no mention of G variant.
I have seen this variant and should be one of those customized version for bulk orders. Back then Toyota supplied base E version Innova to Police officials, with rear AC and power windows.
Old 4th June 2018, 21:10   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the windshield washer nozzles of the Crysta today. The stock ones were spraying a little high for my liking and out of the wiper area including part of roof. These nozzles are non adjustable and the only proper way to change the spray angle is to replace with a higher or lower shooting nozzles. Replaced the stock nozzles with Denso OE lower shooting nozzles and it is now perfect.

Last edited by Sankar : 4th June 2018 at 21:12.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 14:23   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Any idea regarding wheel size of those steelies, were they 16 inchers?
Though I like alloys I believe black steelies with no wheel cap has a charm to it in certain applications. Wish there were 17inch steelies.
They were 16 inch. The wheel cap design was good. Overall the car did not look cheap at all. It had body colored bumpers, door handles and outside rear view mirrors.
Old 5th June 2018, 15:44   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
GTO

Where are you seeing 40-50k insurance quotes for the Crysta?

When I enquired at ICICI & Bajaj, when I add zero dep & bumper-bumper, it comes to about 65-72; some were even over 80k

(See attachment)Attachment 1521590

For the benefit of other members, I have attached the PDI checklist I had made for the Duster.

Attachment 1521594
Hi, I am planning to buy a crysta soon.The dealer is offering a Toyota protect insurance for 62 k approx which has unlimited no of claims zero dep and total loss claim according to ex show room price at the time of accident etc.
If we take insurance from outside, will we get the same benefits at a lesser price?
Old 5th June 2018, 18:02   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caraholic View Post
Hi, I am planning to buy a crysta soon.The dealer is offering a Toyota protect insurance for 62 k approx which has unlimited no of claims zero dep and total loss claim according to ex show room price at the time of accident etc.
If we take insurance from outside, will we get the same benefits at a lesser price?
I took insurance from Nandi Toyota and yes you get unlimited claims, Zero dep, cashless facility and if you opt for RTI even the road tax amount can be claimed in case of total loss. While you can get almost all these outside at slightly cheaper price, what you might not get is cashless. When I claimed last time, I was told, cashless is available for policy bought through Toyota only. Also you can bargain on the premium and should manage to get some discount.
Old 5th June 2018, 22:30   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Saw this while on Ford Ranger Raptor Australia webpage. Thought I'd share it here.

Name:  inconel.png
Views: 5797
Size:  34.3 KB

Toyota doesn't advertise it, but Crysta's turbine is also high-tech rocket alloy Inconel and its water cooled too
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 00:04   #1557
Distinguished - BHPian

What would be a good price for a 2016 Crysta Z / AT that has done 42k ? Color - White. Condition looks good, and vehicle is clean. KA registration.

Last edited by condor : 6th June 2018 at 00:10.
Old 6th June 2018, 00:49   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What would be a good price for a 2016 Crysta Z / AT that has done 42k ? Color - White. Condition looks good, and vehicle is clean. KA registration.
I would say 18-20 Lakhs. Considering KA registration though it depends on the condition and whether the car has been maintain at the Toyota ASS. There's an argument that you may get new GX AT for 1-2 lakh more but the features on the ZX can be enticing if you can get a good pre worshipped car.
Old 6th June 2018, 10:41   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Single owner, clean body, new set of tires and anything below 21 would be a great price to buy. Majority of the used one's retail for about 21-22 but most are sold by dealers.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 11:01   #1560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by essrags View Post
Update: We were on our way to Mysore for a holiday and we suffered a tyre burst! :banghead: It happened very close to Srirangapatnam.
Called 24/7 assistance for replacing the spare - just to ensure there is record of this incident. Waiting for them to come.
Very sad to hear this. Happy to see that everyone is safe. Did anything happen to car ?

What was the KM run on these tires? Was there any recent puncture on the burst tire?

What was the ambient temperature approximately?

Had you checked the air pressure prior to start of journey? What was the air pressure kept Vs what was prescribed ?

Please share this information. This will help others to take early precautionary measures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks