Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 16:04   #181
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Only if Aspire launches a Titanium AT variant in diesel and price it a 20-30k premium amount over Titanium+, that would definitely see a lot of potential buyers.
Maybe, but IMHO even though Ameo is bashed a lot in tbhp, I will admit that it is extremely impressive in multiple ways:

1. Amazing build quality - simply does not compare with the Aspires, Balenos and Amazes.
2. Very clean understated looks, impressive interiors (the boot does not put me off - and I've seen several on roads)
3. Loaded with features!

I unfortunately am facing a bit of left knee pain due to excessive clutch usage in Hyderabad traffic. So going for a harder clutch is a big problem for me. Also the less space is an issue - yes, but not a deal breaker for me. How I wish there was a TSI Ameo Highline at 10L OTR

Coming to the Aspire, I find it's interiors pretty weird. Personal taste, but the angled out central console is just too awkward looking. And that's the same reason for ruling out the EcoSport.
Old 11th January 2017, 17:24   #182
Senior - BHPian

I went for a test drive of Ameo Diesel DSG as I was looking for a fun to drive auto geared car inside city. The car though loaded with features for the pricing there is a major let down. The turbo lag is terrible in D mode. Terrible to the core. The refuses to even move like tortoise until it auto shifts to D3 in D mode. It should be a terrible pain to drive this car in bumper to bumper traffic in D mode. I really don't know why the D1 to 3 gear ratios are fixed like that. And the auto shifting to D3 in D mode doesn't even happen quickly as people rave about in DSG.....Is the car only meant to be driven in S mode everywhere?
geeash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 17:06   #183
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I am glad to announce that we are taking the delivery of AMEO Highline Diesel DSG on this Friday.

Any suggestions on tyre upgrade ? The stock tyres are MRF ZVTV. We are planning to retain the stock size[185/60/R15] and to go for Michelin XM2.
Old 19th January 2017, 11:45   #184
BHPian

My brother in law was looking for a automatic car and only the Polo GT (baleno has a huge waiting list) was immediately available. however on closer scrutiny I can see that for 50k more than Polo GT TSI we get the diesel automatic AMEO with more features, colors and boot space. however my BIL says the AMEO is more cramped than POLO which i find surprising (definitely more ugly i agree) since both are of same platform. Anyone else who has experienced the same?
Old 19th January 2017, 12:08   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
My brother in law was looking for a automatic car and only the Polo GT (baleno has a huge waiting list) was immediately available. however on closer scrutiny I can see that for 50k more than Polo GT TSI we get the diesel automatic AMEO with more features, colors and boot space. however my BIL says the AMEO is more cramped than POLO which i find surprising (definitely more ugly i agree) since both are of same platform. Anyone else who has experienced the same?
Actually, your BIL is partly correct. Many of my known one's have complained that Ameo is cramped compared to Polo. That's because the Boot, gives the person an impression that cabin will be bigger. But the Polo & Ameo have same Width & Wheelbase, which results in same cabin space.

Coming to Polo & Ameo. Despite the low cost difference, the Polo makes sense if one is looking for a Petrol Automatic. Since Polo is Turbocharged, high price is justifiable. While, one looking for Diesel, Ameo is better due to the Higher Torque Output & Obvious Fuel Efficiency.

Not sure about Diesel Automatic, but the Manual has some offers. So, you can bargain the same for Diesel Automatic.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 12:19   #186
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Will we be getting the official review of the Diesel variant? It has been quite some time since it was launched.
Old 20th January 2017, 10:31   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hi All,

I am glad to announce that we are taking the delivery of AMEO Highline Diesel DSG on this Friday.

Any suggestions on tyre upgrade ? The stock tyres are MRF ZVTV. We are planning to retain the stock size[185/60/R15] and to go for Michelin XM2.
Congrats on the booking of Ameo diesel brother. DO update group on the delivery and driveability in bumper to bumper traffic. Are you getting 2016 or 2017 model? Also for 2016 what did dealer offer?

I have to take test ride of Ameo this Sat 21 Jan and then decide whether to book this one or not.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 20th January 2017, 10:34   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Your BIL is right. Ameo has slightly lesser width than Polo. Also, the boot is there which we all know adds to the space issue. Somehow I like VW AMeo, the look and feel is good. Need to drive and see how it performs in bumper to bumper traffic.

thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 21st January 2017, 13:19   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Congrats on the booking of Ameo diesel brother. DO update group on the delivery and driveability in bumper to bumper traffic. Are you getting 2016 or 2017 model? Also for 2016 what did dealer offer?

I have to take test ride of Ameo this Sat 21 Jan and then decide whether to book this one or not.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Hi,
We took the delivery on Thursday. we got an discount of 42K on November 2016 Highline DSG model. Driveability is OK, if not better than manual transmissions in traffic, and I already own a Skoda Rapid TDi DSG.
Old 22nd January 2017, 09:22   #190
BHPian

Congrats once again. I did take TD for Ameo, Ford Aspire and Xcent. Need to do a little thinking and then take a call on which AT to pick. Also will wait for Ignis test ride just for fun and to see if I can take hatchback and drop idea of compact 4 m sedan. Thanks, Sanjeev
Old 26th January 2017, 10:16   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I went for a test drive of Ameo Diesel DSG as I was looking for a fun to drive auto geared car inside city. The car though loaded with features for the pricing there is a major let down. The turbo lag is terrible in D mode. Terrible to the core. The refuses to even move like tortoise until it auto shifts to D3 in D mode. It should be a terrible pain to drive this car in bumper to bumper traffic in D mode. I really don't know why the D1 to 3 gear ratios are fixed like that. And the auto shifting to D3 in D mode doesn't even happen quickly as people rave about in DSG.....Is the car only meant to be driven in S mode everywhere?

I also tried the high line dsg and felt huge lag at slow speed traffic driving. Not sure why they have done this to ameo. Also interiors don't deserve the prices which they are selling at.
Old 26th January 2017, 10:59   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
I also tried the high line dsg and felt huge lag at slow speed traffic driving. Not sure why they have done this to ameo. Also interiors don't deserve the prices which they are selling at.
The biggest advantage of an AT gear box is in stop and go traffic. If dsg does not fare well in that situation, its not a good news. Can somebody confirm if it is the situation even with Vento and Polo with dsg gear boxes?
Old 26th January 2017, 12:20   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Can somebody confirm if it is the situation even with Vento and Polo with dsg gear boxes?
I've done test drive of Vento diesel DSG. It has same massive turbo lag. While driving, it is either massive turbo lag or maximum torque. No way to drive decently with a normal torque amount. Made it a pain to drive all the time and not just in traffic.
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 17:25   #194
BHPian

I read in some thread that DSG adapts to certain kind of driving , may be after being driven by same person for couple of months the DSG might adapt for better response at lower speeds . Please check the answers in thread by long time owners to get right feedback on DSG
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 14:04   #195
BHPian

I am observing a weird issue in the DTE display of my Ameo Highline DSG. On filling up fuel, the DTE display shows only a maximum of 340 km as the range for a full tank. It seems to be limited to this while on actual running, the distance I was able to cover in one full tank of fuel was closer to 490km for 36 litres of diesel.

So, is the range display limited to 340 km?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks