Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 23:18   #721
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
7500km service done. They needed to top up the oil (300ml) and that's it.

Bodywork went well enough. I had a scratch across the two drivers' side doors from when the mirror got damaged. I think the repair looks well done, but I also feel like I can still see where the scratch was. No one else who I showed it to can see it so its prob just scarred into my brain

The mirror was replaced without any issues. The total cost for the bodywork and side-view mirror was 48k. The mirror was only 25k not 35k. But they did charge 2.5k for sanitization, which included smoke fumigation of the car and wiping it down. Just be aware of these costs upfront and do discuss it with the SA. It was price specific to the model, so the polo would be cheaper. Part of dealing with our COVID world.

Total time took 5 days, but mainly due to lower number of employees at the dealership and with the insurance company. HDFC Ergo did a fully virtual/remote claim process. All via video and photos. Pretty interesting.
Thanks for the update showboat. Interesting to note the COVID-19 specific charge .
Body work is a pain and a scar as well. You can't hide it nor hide from it. I have been struggling with it for a long time when a moron scratched the hood of my parked car with a key or some metal just a month after I bought my car. I got the body work done in Elite motors and was not happy with the work and got it done outside with GoMechanic again after 26 K KMs (just before lockdown). GoMechanic work was much better than the authorised service centre though. However, the scar still remains
Old 13th June 2020, 20:11   #722
BHPian

I have a battery failure in Tiguan again. It was replaced in Aug 2018 under warranty. Second one also failed in less than 2 years.

Anyone know what is the compatible replacement from Amaron. Battery shop guy says Amaron DIN 66, but not sure as he has never replaced in a Tiguan.
Mine is still under warranty, but do not want to replace Exide from VW as it guaranteed to fail again.

If I ask VW, they will tell me to get it from them even if it is a free warranty replacement.
Old 13th June 2020, 20:38   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I have a battery failure in Tiguan again. It was replaced in Aug 2018 under warranty. Second one also failed in less than 2 years.
What is it withVW and battery. My previous polo tsi left me stranded twice due to a failed battery. And there was absolutely no warning. I am upset to hear that even the Tiguan has the same problem.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th June 2020 at 20:51. Reason: Quote box fixed
Old 16th June 2020, 09:29   #724
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone know what is the compatible replacement from Amaron. Battery shop guy says Amaron DIN 66, but not sure as he has never replaced in a Tiguan.
Mine is still under warranty, but do not want to replace Exide from VW as it guaranteed to fail again.

If I ask VW, they will tell me to get it from them even if it is a free warranty replacement.
VW group and batteries have a very love-hate relationship!

First two batteries in my Octavia lasted exactly 1 year. First one was Verta and came with car and second one was imported Exide replaced under warranty.

When imported Exide stopped working I replaced it with local Amaron. This one showed signs of weakening in about 20 months time. Thankfully it was still under warranty and it was replaced without any cost to me. It has lasted me 18 months and working fine till now.

I have had good experience with Amaron in other cars also. Amaron definitely is a good bet for VW.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th June 2020 at 09:35. Reason: Typos. Please proof read your posts before submitting.
Old 16th June 2020, 10:46   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is something seriously wrong with the alternator designs in VW cars. My Superb has 3 battery replacements in 7 years. My Vento has had about 5 replacements so far in a little over 7 years and the battery has failed again despite using the car for 4-5 km every weekend, and driving for 15 km after jump starting the car.

Will wait for my driver to come back before calling VW Downtown to replace the battery again - no point doing it right now
Old 16th June 2020, 10:51   #726
BHPian

I replaced with Amaron DIN66.
Did not want to get it from VW even though the battery was under warranty. VW guys will be unhappy and may cause problem for extended warranty. But the risk of running with the Exide is too high I thought.
From your message, I am wondering now if it is the Exide battery or alternator that is causing the problem.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 10:51   #727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
There is something seriously wrong with the alternator designs in VW cars. My Superb has 3 battery replacements in 7 years. My Vento has had about 5 replacements so far in a little over 7 years and the battery has failed again despite using the car for 4-5 km every weekend, and driving for 15 km after jump starting the car.

Will wait for my driver to come back before calling VW Downtown to replace the battery again - no point doing it right now
The issue is not the alternator. It's the OEM battery and the ones used by the ASC. Most of these are imported pathetic quality VARTAs or Exides which cannot withstand Indian conditions and fail prematurely. Going to the ASC and getting the battery replaced will cause the same issue over and over again.

If your car is out of warranty, simply get an Amaron Flo. It's one of the more reliable batteries with a reasonable warranty period.

The issue with faulty batteries started somewhere in June 2014. My Jetta had an OEM VARTA battery that lasted exactly 3 years. So the alternator is definitely not to blame. It's the faulty batteries VW ASC stock up.

Last edited by vishy76 : 16th June 2020 at 10:54.
Old 1st July 2020, 01:22   #728
BHPian

Somebody here had said that this car slowly grows on you. Back then I wondered if it really could be true.

But having joined the bandwagon, I can only say that I fall for her everytime I just take the cover off. Get inside and you know she is all you ever wished for! Drive out and it's pleasure unparalleled.

She not just grows on you. She possesses you.
torque18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 08:34   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Somebody here had said that this car slowly grows on you. Back then I wondered if it really could be true.

But having joined the bandwagon, I can only say that I fall for her everytime I just take the cover off. Get inside and you know she is all you ever wished for! Drive out and it's pleasure unparalleled.

Haha very true. It's hard not to turn around and get one more look after walking away. How many kms have you been able to drive?

Also, Alex on Autos has a video out on the 2022 Tiguan. Looks good for a facelift. Probably wont make it to India til H2 2022 or H1 2023.

showboat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 10:05   #730
BHPian

Quote:

Hahaha.. Absolutely true. Have been missing driving a lot due to the current situation. Taking her out even on the slightest possible scenario like going to buy essentials in the super marker which is few hundred meters away.
Meanwhile completed the 2nd service and it is even more butter smooth now.
Ak007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 11:58   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
Haha very true. It's hard not to turn around and get one more look after walking away. How many kms have you been able to drive?
Haven't had a chance to drive much... Just 3.5k on the odo. I got her in Jan last week so just had a month and a half before the pandemic happened.

Still I take her out every few days just to ensure she stays healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
Hahaha.. Absolutely true. Have been missing driving a lot due to the current situation. Taking her out even on the slightest possible scenario like going to buy essentials in the super marker which is few hundred meters away.
Meanwhile completed the 2nd service and it is even more butter smooth now.
I think we are all in the same boat these days clocking only a few kms every month.

Please share your second service experience and post the invoice if possible for the benefit of everybody
Old 1st July 2020, 15:20   #732
BHPian

Quote:
I think we are all in the same boat these days clocking only a few kms every month.

Please share your second service experience and post the invoice if possible for the benefit of everybody

Service experience has been good for the past many years for me. No issues till now. Have good understanding with the team at ASS from quite some time as I had a vento also previously .
The 2nd service came to 21k+ without WB , WA and AC disinfection. It was higher than the 1st service which was 18K+ the only difference being increase in labour component for the 2nd service and 500+ for covid disinfection spray.
Did not bother to check in depth on the increase as it was time for the service, they were working with less staff and wanted to get it done before any further lock down in case

Last edited by Sheel : 1st July 2020 at 20:26. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Ak007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 16:37   #733
BHPian

Quote:

Service experience has been good for the past many years for me. No issues till now. Have good understanding with the team at ASS from quite some time as I had a vento also previously .
The 2nd service came to 21k+ without WB , WA and AC disinfection. It was higher than the 1st service which was 18K+ the only difference being increase in labour component for the 2nd service and 500+ for covid disinfection spray.
We have had similar progression. I swapped it with my Rapid.

Not exactly swapped because I am still to let it go. That 1.6 TDi has a sense of raw power. Punches well above its weight.

I somehow feel 21k is on the higher side. Oil is standard across the range so that would at max be 5k. That leaves 13k between the four filters.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying the car
Old 1st July 2020, 20:19   #734
BHPian

Quote:

I somehow feel 21k is on the higher side. Oil is standard across the range so that would at max be 5k. That leaves 13k between the four filters.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying the car
Out of 21k , 11k + was labour for service and covid disinfectant . The remaining 9-10k was oil, 3 filters , coolant top up and other miscellaneous items.
The change between first and second service was the increase in labour component . All the above includes 18% GST..
Old 1st July 2020, 20:27   #735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Out of 21k , 11k + was labour for service and covid disinfectant .
Was there any specific amount mentioned in lieu of covid disinfectant? Could you please share it with us?

Thank You.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks