Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2018, 00:00   #376
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

In my opinion, the previous iteration with 6.5 inch screen and AA/Carplay wins over the current 9 inch one hands down.
  1. Real time traffic information from Google
  2. Auto updating Google maps to cater to ever changing Indian roads.
  3. Google Assistant is much better than voice commands on Sync
  4. Online music services like Gaana, Play music, etc. Who keeps mp3's now a days (except for the long drives)?

I am really happy that I have the Sync3. It was one of the primary reasons for choosing the facelift over the previous generation car.

The only feature I miss is "Speed sensing door locks". A print email has been shot to Ford customer care to understand their stand on the matter. I hope it's added as an update.

So what do we call this now? All New Updated Facelifted Ecosport?
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 06:53   #377
BHPian

New ecosport pricing yet again with minor additional features like rear sensors, speed auto door lock and the infotainment system on all but base models.

Ford may have lost count of the number of refreshes in past so many years.

Last edited by hondacity : 13th April 2018 at 06:55.
Old 13th April 2018, 13:25   #378
Senior - BHPian

Ford got bashed earlier when they skimped features and many said Ford doesn't heed to customers/prospective buyers input. Now they are updating the feature list based on customer requirement and they get bashed again! Sync3 unavailable on Trend/Titanium models is only the downside I see, rest all are welcome move! A classic case where in you do good or bad there will be someone somewhere complaining.

Last edited by PrideRed : 13th April 2018 at 13:50.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 16:26   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Ford got bashed earlier when they skimped features and many said Ford doesn't heed to customers/prospective buyers input. Now they are updating the feature list based on customer requirement and they get bashed again! Sync3 unavailable on Trend/Titanium models is only the downside I see, rest all are welcome move! A classic case where in you do good or bad there will be someone somewhere complaining.
This is not right. They added small features but hiked the price as well. There is no use of having offline navigation these days.
1) Navigation requires live traffic to route to your destination via the fastest route. This is true especially in cities.
2) They have a new 9" screen in lower variants and the 8" screen in higher variant. Internationally the Ecosport comes with 8" screen. Most reviewers have given good review about the 8" screen. Keeping this in mind, we definitely cannot call the 9" screen as an upgrade.

I agree that reverse camera is an upgrade though. Other additions like 'Speed sensing auto lock' were glaring omissions pre-update.

I had booked the Trend+ AT because I wanted Android Auto. It is kind of future proofing what your infotainment system can do, given that the number of apps supported by Android Auto is now on the rise. The future is also about music streaming given Google Play music costs Rs.99/month for unlimited streaming and Amazon Prime Music is bundled along with Amazon Prime (which in itself is bundled along with Airtel Postpaid connection free of cost). I had to grudgingly take the decision to upgrade to Titanium+, even though it is out of my budget.

The only reason why I had to stay with Ecosport booking is because of TCS, ESP, HLA, EBA offered on the automatic. Else I would have cancelled my booking.
blue_pulsar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 18:44   #380
Senior - BHPian

^^ Completely agree that removing Sync 3 with AA & Carplay is a bad move. This is something I definitely want in my next car and the Ecosport Titanium was the lead contender in my list. With this move, I will have to shell out an additional 1L + which changes things suddenly. The Sync 3 system was rated the best in the segment and Ford has gone and removed it from all but the top model

Came across this interesting article as well today.
Survey finds customers increasingly reliant on CarPlay & Android Auto, big factor in future car purchases

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 13th April 2018 at 18:47.
Old 13th April 2018, 18:50   #381
BHPian

i was disappointed with new ecosport due to following reasons.
1. unimpressive engine
2. extremely bad ride quality, even my 9 years old son could figure that out
3. meter console looks like a cheap toy car, with no borders around meters, extremely tiny display unit between meters.
Old 13th April 2018, 19:53   #382
Team-BHP Support

Ford seems to be rationalizing Sync 3 to top variants across the board. The upcoming Freestyle also has it only on T+, safe to presume it will be the case with Figo/Aspire facelift too.
Old 14th April 2018, 22:28   #383
Senior - BHPian

The low profile tyres in EcoSport top variant are surely a problem. I saw a test ride vehicle today with side wall bulge. Apparently tyre maker aren't able to provide good quality for OEM cost.
IMO change to better brand is a must.
Old 14th April 2018, 23:07   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IMO change to better brand is a must.
Guess what! The tire size is so odd that I'm not able to find the tire in any other brand apart from Nankang! Well done Ford!
Old 15th April 2018, 12:25   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

2018 Ford Ecosport to get 6-speed manual transmission and sunroof?

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 5192
Size:  250.5 KB

Name:  untitle1.png
Views: 5206
Size:  388.1 KB

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-untitle2.png

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th April 2018 at 12:43.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 12:54   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2018 Ford Ecosport to 6-speed manual transmission and sunroof?
I have noticed Larger MID in the image, even the inner door handles are not silver finished. Or could this be a Brazilian model and not Indian spec? Or Signature Edition which Ford might pitch above T+ variant?

Sunroof, 6-speed MT and Larger MID are too good to be true. But if that's the case then it really is a welcome move by Ford. This will surely pull some more customers from may be WR-V.

Please see the highlighted part in this image for Large MID and Chrome rims on speedometer.
Name:  FordEcosport.png
Views: 5167
Size:  369.4 KB

Silver finished door handles in current Ecosport taken from Tbhp review.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-2017fordecosport24.jpg
Old 15th April 2018, 12:58   #387
BHPian

Quote:

This seems to be the ecosport Sports version though it's still not clear whether it's been manufactured only for exports or India too.
Before the Ecosport was launched there were some spy pics showing an Ecosport with black inserts everywhere and no chrome and it was touted as Ecosport S.

Last edited by ampere : 18th April 2018 at 07:54. Reason: Removed dead link from quoted post
Old 15th April 2018, 13:25   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Or Signature Edition which Ford might pitch above T+ variant?
Please see below post for better resolution pics posted by tbhpian, it also includes exterior images.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4386206

Last edited by varunswnt : 15th April 2018 at 13:29.
Old 15th April 2018, 14:24   #389
BHPian

This seems to be the signature edition which is apparently due for a launch. A sun roof and a sixth cog for highway cruising are great, but if you ask me, that instrument pod looks miles ahead of the present iteration and frankly something which the new ES deserves. Hope it becomes possible to swap this for the boring old one.
Old 15th April 2018, 15:07   #390
Senior - BHPian

This is the Titanium S version, which will be even beyond the costly Titanium. Barring the 17 inch tyres, all the upgrades are droolworthy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks