Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2018, 11:17   #451
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Hey,

Has anyone taken delivery of Titanium+ AT in the last one month or so? What was the waiting time?

I had booked a copy in March at PPS Ford, Bangalore. I have constantly been in touch with my SA since. All these days there haven't been any responses from them other than the standard "May end delivery" promises. From what I gathered the delivery time for AT is 2 months and for the manuals(both petrol and diesel) it is 1 month. Is that the case everywhere?

I learnt from my SA now that the delivery has now been pushed to mid-June citing slow production. I refused to believe it and even threatened to pull out of the deal. After which the SA asked me if my colour choice is flexible. I then added Canyon Ridge as the only alternative to the booked Lightning Blue. He requested time to speak to his manager about it.

Now, I know allotment of cars doesn't exactly happen on first-come-first-serve basis. Family, friends, influence etc. is given preference. Persistence also pays in such cases. I probably should have been more active and behind the dealers tail and kept them on their toes. They also know I am a member of Team-BHP. Just don't know how seriously they are taking it. Any suggestions as to how I approach this situation?
I had the same issue where my EcoSport booked in March-end with a promised delivery date of 21 April seemed nowhere in sight. After following up for a week, I had to call the branch manager and give him a earful for the highhandedness of my sales PoC and highlighted how poorly they were following up with me, without informing me about the delay. This shook things up a bit and I started getting regular calls informing me about the date the car was to be dispatched from the factory and the date it reached the workshop. You should try it.

On a different note, I will be going to the workshop for a PDI of my T+ AT today. Should I be looking for anything apart from the things listed in the team-bhp PDI checklist? I'm aware of the disappointing exclusion of the TPMS and the passenger under-seat storage bin; anything else that I should be checking that may have been removed from the AT T+ and I'm not aware of? New top-end owners please help!
Old 10th May 2018, 07:44   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Has anyone taken delivery of Titanium+ AT in the last one month or so? What was the waiting time?

I had booked a copy in March at PPS Ford, Bangalore. I have constantly been in touch with my SA since. All these days there haven't been any responses from them other than the standard "May end delivery" promises. From what I gathered the delivery time for AT is 2 months and for the manuals(both petrol and diesel) it is 1 month. Is that the case everywhere?

I learnt from my SA now that the delivery has now been pushed to mid-June citing slow production. I refused to believe it and even threatened to pull out of the deal. After which the SA asked me if my colour choice is flexible. I then added Canyon Ridge as the only alternative to the booked Lightning Blue. He requested time to speak to his manager about it.

Now, I know allotment of cars doesn't exactly happen on first-come-first-serve basis. Family, friends, influence etc. is given preference. Persistence also pays in such cases. I probably should have been more active and behind the dealers tail and kept them on their toes. They also know I am a member of Team-BHP. Just don't know how seriously they are taking it. Any suggestions as to how I approach this situation?

Hi, in Kochi 2 titanium AT are readily available. I have booked moon dust silver yesterday. Can take delivery after the loan process and formalities are over. But will need to inspect the car. I have a vento tsi, hope I get the same driving pleasure from this car too.
Old 10th May 2018, 20:16   #453
BHPian

Ecosport brochure has been updated again -

1) Titanium+ to get 16" alloy wheels
2) Trend, Trend+ and Titanium variants with 9" FLY AUDIO infotainment system to get Android Auto and Apple Carplay
3) Speed sensing auto door lock has been removed from the brochure
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_2018051020062802.png  

Last edited by FrodoOfTheShire : 10th May 2018 at 20:17. Reason: Fixing typos
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 20:40   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Does this mean the feature has been omitted? Hope it has only been removed from the brochure and not the car. Would be a really mind boggling decision otherwise.

While at it why don't they offer ISOFIX mounts on all trims? This is now becoming a basic safety necessity. Cars costing half as much are coming with it.

@FrodoOfTheShire
Did you get delivery of your car? Which variant have you opted for?

Last edited by strawhat : 10th May 2018 at 20:51.
Old 10th May 2018, 21:25   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean the feature has been omitted? Hope it has only been removed from the brochure and not the car. Would be a really mind boggling decision otherwise.
One member from Facebook EcoSquads group called up Ford customer care to enquire about this. As per customer care executive, speed sensing autolock was not available in the facelift earlier. To highlight its inclusion in April they had put it in the brochure. Its still available in the car but removed from the brochure now as its a standard feature across variants.

I don't have any faith on the customer care executives as they're usually clueless about these things. We'll get more clarity once people start taking deliveries.

Quote:
@FrodoOfTheShire
Did you get delivery of your car? Which variant have you opted for?
I have booked Trend+ AT in Canyon Ridge on 31st March. Dealer had promised delivery in May, but today SA told me I'll get in June 1st week.
I am planning to meet the GM this weekend about it.
Old 11th May 2018, 12:30   #456
BHPian

Quote:

2) Trend, Trend+ and Titanium variants with 9" FLY AUDIO infotainment system to get Android Auto and Apple Carplay
New twist to this drama! Had a chat with Ford customer care. As per the executive, the webite is under maintenance and Android Auto Apple Carplay is not officially confirmed for lower variants. Speed sensing auto door lock is still present across variants.

So not only is Ford playing the monthly-feature-reshuffle game but now we can't trust the brochure also!!
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20180511121228.png  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20180511121405.png  

Last edited by FrodoOfTheShire : 11th May 2018 at 12:33. Reason: Adding more points
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 23:39   #457
BHPian

Got the delivery of an April manufactured Titanium petrol on 2nd of May. Speed sensing door lock is present in the vehicle. It activates in unison with the driver and passenger seat belt reminder, as the vehicle picks up speed. Android auto and apple car play is not present. Probably an error in the brochure. Bluetooth connection is fast, but in the absence of voice command, one has to take the eyes off the road and search in the contact list to make a call. The 9 inch touch screen unit doesn't feel as sturdy as the 8 inch sync 3 unit. Currently I am in desparate search for a 9 inch tempered glass screen guard. As mentioned earlier in this thread, back of the touch screen unit heats up after prolonged use. I am also planning to wrap the windshield with a 3M CR70 film, hoping it will help.
Old 14th May 2018, 12:21   #458
BHPian

Quote:

1) Titanium+ to get 16" alloy wheels
Looks like the brochure has been updated yet again.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-ecosport-brochure-screen.jpg
  • Speed sensing audo door lock is back in the brochure.
  • Apple Car Play and Android Auto is still limited to the top variant.

Last edited by strawhat : 14th May 2018 at 12:23.
Old 14th May 2018, 12:50   #459
BHPian

Hey guys,

Recently I was browsing through my Facebook when I came upon this:

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180514wa0000.jpg

While what happened to him was unfortunate, while browsing through the comments I've noticed that more people have faced this issue than I anticipated.

Given that traffic isn't a recent issue, I'm a little skeptical of the reason offered by Ford. Haven't car manufacturers thought of a way around this already?

But if it is true, then how is one expected to drive in bumper to bumper traffic?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 14th May 2018, 13:41   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theapollohelios View Post
Hey guys,

Recently I was browsing through my Facebook when I came upon this:

Attachment 1760720

While what happened to him was unfortunate, while browsing through the comments I've noticed that more people have faced this issue than I anticipated.

Given that traffic isn't a recent issue, I'm a little skeptical of the reason offered by Ford. Haven't car manufacturers thought of a way around this already?

But if it is true, then how is one expected to drive in bumper to bumper traffic?

Thanks a lot for your help.
On FB there has been a trend of people finding so many myriad reasons and excuses to crib, and also try to hold manufacturers and service providers to the sword, for sometimes the Right reasons, but mostly for the Wrong reasons or whims.
Unfortunately, to me, this looks to be an example of the latter, where someone has tried to palm off their own incompetence in driving, to the manufacturer, holding social media negative publicity as a sword. It is actually extraordinary that despite this, the manufacturer has offered to bear 50% expenses!
Recently, another similarly competent acquaintance of mine, took his brand new Figo Diesel to Shimla and complained of a hard clutch and 50% dead clutch on his return. He raised a case with the Ford Customer Care, escalated the same, complained to the Dealer and eventually it was found that the 4D (sic) mats he had purchased aftermarket were fouling with the clutch travel. No wonder he also burnt some of the clutch of his brand new car. I wonder, if similar reasons, or sheer incompetence is also involved in this case.
roy_libran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 13:52   #461
BHPian

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-32332163_1811097998942141_5291559352606392320_n.jpg

Source

Last edited by strawhat : 14th May 2018 at 13:54.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 19:56   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Recently, another similarly competent acquaintance of mine, took his brand new Figo Diesel to Shimla and complained of a hard clutch and 50% dead clutch on his return. He raised a case with the Ford Customer Care, escalated the same, complained to the Dealer and eventually it was found that the 4D (sic) mats he had purchased aftermarket were fouling with the clutch travel. No wonder he also burnt some of the clutch of his brand new car. I wonder, if similar reasons, or sheer incompetence is also involved in this case.
I also heard about such incidents in other cars where the culprit for clutch were several layers of mats. Some people are fond of multiple layers which hinders the normal clutch travel leading to burnt clutch.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 11:11   #463
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
I also heard about such incidents in other cars where the culprit for clutch were several layers of mats. Some people are fond of multiple layers which hinders the normal clutch travel leading to burnt clutch.
Faced a similar problem, when my Ritz VXI was brand new. Had placed an additional mat on top of the mat already provided, but fortunately removed it immediately. Subsequently replaced the clutch assembly after driving 80,000 KMS. It's all because of bad driving habits or as mentioned in the earlier posts, " own incompetence in driving ".
VR4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 15:15   #464
BHPian

Update: 1) got the underseat subwoofer installed below the passenger seat. Fills up the missing bass in the sound system, satisfied with the sound, for now that is
2)Got the dash cam fitted too, the Garmin 45 procured from the USA
There is no RCA out from the system, so the connection has to be taken from the rear speakers for the subwoofer (Kenwood KSC SW11)
For the dash cam took the connection from the cigarette lighter in the centre console and routed the wire through the left A pillar
Installation done at the FASS
A few pics during the installation process
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180515_102525.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20180515_100409.jpg
Dramitn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 20:35   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
2)Got the dash cam fitted too, the Garmin 45 procured from the USA
Can u post more pics of dash cam, details and expenses incurred.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks