Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2023, 19:19   #991

Re: Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review

I took delivery of W6 MT Diesel Xuv300 last Sunday replacing my dad’s 10 year old Swift. We wanted a not too big car for the city, although a bit heighted for my 73yr old dad to comfortably get in and out of and i found that Xuv300 was perfect for my requirements. Regardless of the fact that it will be chaffeur driven 90% of the time i wanted a car that has solid mechanicals instead of lots of gizmos and the 300 fits the bill!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-1c178f5a736341a28b615da2de75b3f3.jpeg  

T-REX84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 22:33   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Hey, is the 3OO still coming with 7 airbags? I don't think so. It has been cut to 6 on the high end too. I own the W8(O) Oct 2020 model and it has 7 airbags bags.
Yes sir! You are on point. I apologize that I did not mention my year of purchase. Mine was a 2021 August manufactured XUV300-W8 variant. I vividly remember, during my purchase, the XUV still had 7 airbags in the W8(O) variant. 3 point seat belts for the middle occupants and heated ORVM were deleted. It's only in the current update that these (7 airbags) were reduced to 6 and the Rim size is now 16 inches whereas the previous Gen had 17 inches in the W8 and W8(O) variants.

Thanks for pointing it out!
PetroHeado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 22:38   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-REX84 View Post
I took delivery of W6 MT Diesel Xuv300 last Sunday
Congratulations mate on your new ride. The sorted ride, and the sweet engine makes it a pleasant ride for the passengers as well as a delight for the drivers. This is one dependable car for sure.

Cheers to the million miles ahead.

Happy driving.
PetroHeado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 23:35   #994

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroHeado View Post
Congratulations mate on your new ride. The sorted ride, and the sweet engine makes it a pleasant ride for the passengers as well as a delight for the drivers. This is one dependable car for sure.

Cheers to the million miles ahead.

Happy driving.
Thank you so much! I found it extremely well built and extremely vfm for my requirements. It has run 300 kms and the MID shows 17.8kmpl in 100% city driving! Fingers Crossed about the dpf issues tho!
T-REX84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 10:16   #995
Bit
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hey Wonderful People,

Is there any affirmative news about the Facelift XUV 300 in the coming months?

I'm all set to buy one but since I'm not in an immediate hurry, I can wait for a few months if any new model is around the corner. Though if there isn't any, no point in unnecessary delay in buying.

There are a lot many articles on the internet about a 2023 Facelift but all of them look kind of shady without any concrete source which makes things even more confusing.
Old 13th February 2023, 16:49   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
Hey Wonderful People,

Is there any affirmative news about the Facelift XUV 300 in the coming months?

I'm all set to buy one but since I'm not in an immediate hurry, I can wait for a few months if any new model is around the corner. Though if there isn't any, no point in unnecessary delay in buying.

There are a lot many articles on the internet about a 2023 Facelift but all of them look kind of shady without any concrete source which makes things even more confusing.
My gut tells me - if a face lift was coming - the Electric version would have already followed the new design rather than the current one. I - as an owner of this car - wish a facelift doesn't come.

Reason - once there a face lift - owners of older models sometimes face issues procuring head lamps and windshields in case of damage after accident. I've heard cars staying in garages for months on end till the dealer get the headlamp and the windscreen from another dealer or the manufacturer.

That way i like M&M not bringing in facelifts too early (Unlike Nexon) Am happy the with the EV following the same design - we're assured of availability of these parts for a very long time. It obviously brings economies of scale for M&M and I like their design principles.
Old 13th February 2023, 17:14   #997
Bit
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
My gut tells me - if a face lift was coming - the Electric version would have already followed the new design rather than the current one. I - as an owner of this car - wish a facelift doesn't come.

Reason - once there a face lift - owners of older models sometimes face issues procuring head lamps and windshields in case of damage after accident. I've heard cars staying in garages for months on end till the dealer get the headlamp and the windscreen from another dealer or the manufacturer.

That way i like M&M not bringing in facelifts too early (Unlike Nexon) Am happy the with the EV following the same design - we're assured of availability of these parts for a very long time. It obviously brings economies of scale for M&M and I like their design principles.
I feel ya. Though a Facelift doesn't necessarily need to change windshields or even headlamps. This car is almost perfect just the way. The only things one can expect from the Facelift are the infotainment upgrade and the inclusion of the rear air-con. The design is pretty perfect already.

Being a current owner I totally do get you and would wish the same. However, this car hasn't been upgraded since its launch - probably it's the only car in modern times that has gone without seeing any upgrade for 4 years. So M&M must be onto something...
Bit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 08:49   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited_Bibhu View Post
After having driven the Wagon R (vxi 2014) for around 9 years, I convinced myself to have earned a second car. For almost a years’ time I have been browsing through innumerable auto magazines, websites, blogs etc. My screen time in YouTube increased drastically; most of which is due to binge watching car reviews.

I am looking for to go for a long drive very soon and hopefully will come up with a detailed blog.
Congratulations Bibhu on your new car.
Hope to get a TD soon.
Wishing you many lakhs of happy miles with the XUV300.
Drive Safe
Old 18th February 2023, 15:53   #999
BHPian

So went to the service center to get the horn thing fixed. Had to wait a bit considering it was a weekend, but no charges, simple fix, and the horn is back online.

However I noticed while returning that my MID was displaying temperature at 21C. However, considering it was 1PM on a summer-inclining day, I have reason to believe that reading was inaccurate.

Let us see what happens the next time I fire up the car, and see if it shows a more accurate reading. This is the first I am seeing the temperature reading bugging out.
Old 20th February 2023, 08:53   #1000
BHPian

Update on my own update:

The horn seems to have stopped working again. Hardly a day after I got it fixed.

Also my AC temperature seems to be swinging between only two values. I started off the car at about 5pm yesterday and it showed 30C and kept showing 30C throughout. Later I parked, turned the car off, and when I turned it on, it shows 21C again. Same as the day before. And I'm pretty sure it was neither 30C nor 21C in either of those instances.

I am planning on taking my car to service center again, and get both these things fixed.
Old 21st February 2023, 13:18   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Not sure how many others have experienced this, but I have this issue where one of the dual tone horns falls silent. It then magically resumes working on the next start.

I had never had this issue in the first place over the last year, but I have seen it happen 7-8 times over the past few months. Not sure what the trigger is.

Anyone else has gotten this checked out? Any suggestions/observations?
Hi Ashish,

I've faced the same when starting the car from cold start, the sound is like a single tone and after sometime it will regain its original dual tone like sound. I did reported this to Service center once but they didn't took it seriously as during test ride it didn't cropped up so I've ignored & living with it. I don't want unnecessory experiment on the car to solve a minor issuer that is not hampering my driving experience.

Initially even I had faced the same observation on the Temp reading which was constant on 30 deg however later on it got fixed automatically so not bothered again to look into it

Let me know what fix was done after the check up. Hopefully you are aware there is a Mega checkup camp going on till 26th Feb so good time to show the car for any issues facing now as there are discounts on labor & parts.

Cheers~

Last edited by rudrah : 21st February 2023 at 13:29.
rudrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 16:15   #1002
BHPian

Mahindra's ongoing Mega Service Check up Camp till 26th Feb 2023. For those who has any prevailing issues or needs to take their car for service, this is a good time to do to avail discounts on labor & spare parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-fb_img_1676478615308.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-fb_img_1676478623678.jpg  

Mahindra XUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20230215122039.png  

rudrah is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:17   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi Ashish,

I've faced the same when starting the car from cold start, the sound is like a single tone and after sometime it will regain its original dual tone like sound. I did reported this to Service center once but they didn't took it seriously as during test ride it didn't cropped up so I've ignored & living with it. I don't want unnecessory experiment on the car to solve a minor issuer that is not hampering my driving experience.

Initially even I had faced the same observation on the Temp reading which was constant on 30 deg however later on it got fixed automatically so not bothered again to look into it

Let me know what fix was done after the check up. Hopefully you are aware there is a Mega checkup camp going on till 26th Feb so good time to show the car for any issues facing now as there are discounts on labor & parts.

Cheers~
So my horn seems to be working again somehow.
But the temperature reading is definitely bugged. From my observation, it will keep displaying the same reading as it was when the vehicle was started. So if my parking is at 25C, and I start the car there, it will keep showing 25C throughout even if I park it in 12-o-clock sunlight afterwards.
Old 22nd February 2023, 07:39   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hi the sound is like a single tone and after sometime it will regain its original dual tone like sound. I did reported this to Service center once but they didn't took it seriously as during test
Yes this issue happens to me too on occasion. But this is in my Thar. So is it a Mahindra Horn issue?

So far I have encountered it 7-8 times in these 2 years of ownership.
I have sprayed some of that Electronics Connector Spray on the connections. It goes off for a while and then suddenly recurs. Sometimes on the highways. Sometimes even when using the vehicle locally nearby.
And you’re right. The service centre doesnt take this seriously. And one never seems able to replicate the issue when one visits the service centre.
Im thinking now whether it may be a good idea to just buy and install an aftermarket Hella horn.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 09:34   #1005
BANNED

Team,

How is the AC of Mahindra XUV 3.0 1.2 Turbo Petrol(the normal variant) ?

I am quoted 13 lakh for 2022 manufactured W8(O) 1.2 Petrol on road, and may get little more discount.
  • Will the AC effective for temperatures as far as 45'-46' C ? This is a must, considering the scorching summer.
  • If I replace only speakers, will it void warranty ? I hated the audio quality, sounds crackle on high volume, and not at all clear on low volume. Great Speakers is a must, I'm okay without amplifier or subwoofer, cannot sacrifice the remaining bootspace.
  • Any way to increase FE ? If I cruise at 95-100, will it give me any better FE on highways?

Things I liked:
  • Rugged looks, cabin space, light color interiors, I know Dashboards's a miss, but that's okay for me
  • Drivability, power and pickup,
  • Solid build, even though fit and finish is okay, not great, but overall it feels super solid fortress!

Against this, I'm considering Breeza, Or I can increase the budget to 15 and buy Skoda Kushaq.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks