Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2022, 13:56   #3061
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

This is my first post in this forum, but I have been reading through various posts in this thread from the time I had booked my Thar. It was a huge learning experience - Thanks! Finally took the delivery of my Black mHawk last week.

I have few basic questions where I would like to take the inputs from you all:

1. Rattling noise from rear left side: Whenever Thar goes through speed breakers or through potholes, I hear some kind of vibrating rattle noise coming from rear left. It feels like Tail Gate with a spare wheel is kind of vibrating after the vehicle goes through rough patch. Is this normal?

2. Toolkit - Currently toolkit is lying loose in the boot space and makes a noise when Thar goes through rough patch. Is there any particular way to tie the toolkit firmly somewhere so that rattle due to toolkit reduces.

3. Floor mats - Based on the recommendation from fellow TBHPians, I bought GFX lifelong mats from a vendor in Bangalore. But the mats are super slippery when placed on top of factory fitted base sheet. Floor mat comes with double tape, but glue doesn't stick to the base sheet. Anyone has solved this issue?

4. Fast tag - Any recommendation for the fast tag positioning? Generally we place it on the top center, but Thar windshield being not that slanted is there any particular recommended placement?
Old 2nd April 2022, 14:31   #3062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBagheera View Post
1. Rattling noise from rear left side: Whenever Thar goes through speed breakers or through potholes, I hear some kind of vibrating rattle noise coming from rear left. It feels like Tail Gate with a spare wheel is kind of vibrating after the vehicle goes through rough patch. Is this normal?

2. Toolkit - Currently toolkit is lying loose in the boot space and makes a noise when Thar goes through rough patch. Is there any particular way to tie the toolkit firmly somewhere so that rattle due to toolkit reduces.

3. Floor mats - Based on the recommendation from fellow TBHPians, I bought GFX lifelong mats from a vendor in Bangalore. But the mats are super slippery when placed on top of factory fitted base sheet. Floor mat comes with double tape, but glue doesn't stick to the base sheet. Anyone has solved this issue?

4. Fast tag - Any recommendation for the fast tag positioning? Generally we place it on the top center, but Thar windshield being not that slanted is there any particular recommended placement?
1. Rattling noise might be from the rear tailgate lock or most probably the Air Extractor. I too hear such rattles from the rear sometimes. No permanent fix.

2. Toolkit has velcro straps, tie the toolkit bag to the roll bar at the back. Easy fix

3. I am using 7D Floor mats

4. I have placed my fastag sticker bang on the center just below the notch. To its left, I have placed my dash camera.
dr_TJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 14:45   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
1. Rattling noise might be from the rear tailgate lock or most probably the Air Extractor. I too hear such rattles from the rear sometimes. No permanent fix.

4. I have placed my fastag sticker bang on the center just below the notch. To its left, I have placed my dash camera.
Thanks for the toolkit-rollbar tip, will try it out today.

Good to know that top center position for the fast tag works good.
BlackBagheera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 14:48   #3064
Senior - BHPian

Since we're talking about mats, I bought the GFX mats. They're completely useless! Slipping and sliding around. Seems Luke someone just make a thin sheet of mounded plastic. Waste of money.

This is when I got an update from 3D mats india. The original 3D maxspider mats company. They've changed their name to Pharaoh mats now.
They informed that they just launched the Thar 3D mats.
Excellent mats. They don't move around. The feet don't slip on them. Perfect fit! And look amazing as well.

Would recommend it to everyone.
navpreet318 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 18:44   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Since we're talking about mats, I bought the GFX mats. They're completely useless! Slipping and sliding around. Seems Luke someone just make a thin sheet of mounded plastic. Waste of money.

This is when I got an update from 3D mats india. The original 3D maxspider mats company. They've changed their name to Pharaoh mats now.
They informed that they just launched the Thar 3D mats.
Excellent mats. They don't move around. The feet don't slip on them. Perfect fit! And look amazing as well.

Would recommend it to everyone.
Any pictures please!?
Old 2nd April 2022, 19:12   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Any pictures please!?
Haven't taken any pictures yet of my own car.
Here is a website of the same.

https://3dmatsindia.com/

Same stuff. 3d kagu mats

Paid 7900 including shipping for the set.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 2nd April 2022 at 19:14.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 09:50   #3067

Hey guys, does anyone has any contacts or tips on how to expedite shipping from Nashik plant to dealer ?

My dealer gave the receipt of plant billing, which had a date of 25th march.
Chassis: MA1UJ4YF7N2C36920
Engine:YFN4C50300

As per the VIN decoding thread it's March 22, manufactured vehicle right ?

On 25th the manager of showroom said the truck from plant only moves when 6 cars are billed. 2 days later I was informed six cars have been billed but since then the update has been same.

"Truck hasn't left" , they have to talked to ASM too doesn't seem to help.
Is anyone aware of the process of shipping from plant to dealer ? I have also offered them to take delivery directly from Nashik plant but the declined.

Today is my birthday and I was hoping for gifting myself Thar, seems like a lost opportunity now.
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:32   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie_thar View Post
My dealer gave the receipt of plant billing, which had a date of 25th march.
Chassis: MA1UJ4YF7N2C36920
Engine:YFN4C50300

As per the VIN decoding thread it's March 22, manufactured vehicle right ?

Today is my birthday and I was hoping for gifting myself Thar, seems like a lost opportunity now.
Happy Birthday!!

Yes, as per the VIN its March 2022.

It usually takes a week to ten days for the vehicle to arrive at the yard once its leaves the factory. Of course, the location has a bearing on this period.

I don't think there is any way by which you can track it unless your SA or ASM can give you the confirmation. You can possibly visit the dealer yard and check with the personnel there - they usually get a list of VINs that are headed for the yard (in advance); against which they cross-check the deliveries when they actually come through.

In my case, I managed to get hold of the container driver's phone number and kept checking with him on his location.
Slipstream11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 13:06   #3069

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
Happy Birthday!!

Yes, as per the VIN its March 2022.

It usually takes a week to ten days for the vehicle to arrive at the yard once its leaves the factory. Of course, the location has a bearing on this period.

In my case, I managed to get hold of the container driver's phone number and kept checking with him on his location.
Thank you for the wishes.

I've been calling the manager and ASM almost daily now, the too aren't clear why the container hasn't left from factory.

To cope with it this has became my mantra good things come to those who wait.
Old 3rd April 2022, 16:51   #3070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am using GFX mats and don't find any slipping issues. At half the cost of 3d mats, I find these to be very good.

I had original 3d mats in my Polo. While the mats are good, don't slide around, and are firm in place, my feet used to slip a lot, especially after the car came back from any wash or service. Sometimes getting in and out of the car became scary due to the feet slipping.
Old 3rd April 2022, 21:50   #3071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I am using GFX mats and don't find any slipping issues. At half the cost of 3d mats, I find these to be very good.

Great. Maybe you got a good piece.

I find them horrible and not even worth a 1000 bucks. The mats slips around. The adhesive of the velcro strips has come off. They are made of hard plastic. The material is similar to those cheap quality packaging which is found in some home appliance packaging.
The shoes slip over the mat. Absolutely horrible. And even to look at they're horrible. Bought them at full price. Absolute waste.

If anyone's interested they can just pick them off me for free.

The 3D or Pharaoh mats as they're called now are washed daily at my dealership by my staff who're not exactly kind to it in any manner. Haven't had any slipping issues etc. on them.
Old 3rd April 2022, 22:29   #3072
BHPian

In my case GFX mat came with a velcro based double tape that doesn't stick to the base of Thar. I am not sure is it because of glue quality of the tape or the plastic base of the thar. Will try out 3m tape and if it still doesn't stick, then will replace them with genuine floor mat from Mahindra.
Old 4th April 2022, 01:18   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The adhesive of the velcro strips has come off. They are made of hard plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBagheera View Post
In my case GFX mat came with a velcro based double tape that doesn't stick to the base of Thar. I am not sure is it because of glue quality of the tape or the plastic base of the thar.
What velcro are you guys talking about? Mine doesn't have any velcro or tape and is just placed on top of the existing rubber mat kind of stuff on the floor. It stays in place just because of the 3d shape. I hope we are talking about the same mats or if the design has changed. Mine is a couple of weeks old vehicle.
Old 4th April 2022, 09:07   #3074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What velcro are you guys talking about? Mine doesn't have any velcro or tape and is just placed on top of the existing rubber mat kind of stuff on the floor. It stays in place just because of the 3d shape. I hope we are talking about the same mats or if the design has changed. Mine is a couple of weeks old vehicle.

https://galioindia.com/car-floor-mat...ar-accessories

Yes it has the 3D shape. But it isn't a complete fit. There is a leeway for it to move around by about half an inch.
The pack had a few adhesive velcro strips to be attached to the bottom to keep it in place. But the adhesive is weaker than the velcro so the strips come off. And now the adhesive it gone.
So every time I used to get it our out of the vehicle when the feet are at an incline and weight is applied, the mat used to slip forward by an inch. A very uncomfortable feeling.
I usually understand design limitations or material limitation due to my educational and work background but this is just ripping people off!!

The whole production cost wouldn't have been more than a few hundred bucks. They had a great idea but screwed it with being a miser in material selection!
Had they offered 3D kagu mats type material in thr same shape they offer, I would have been ready to pay even 10 k or more for it. But this was just robbery!
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 12:17   #3075
BHPian

I have a question on extended warranty:

During purchase i was quoted 14,174/- for extended warranty, which I accepted assuming it is for 3+2 Yrs, but when I received the ext warranty letter found that it is only for 3+1 Years. Not sure what is the cost for 3+2 and given that I already have 3+1, do I need to pay only for the difference or more if now I want to take it for the 5th year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks