Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2022, 13:12   #3076
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBagheera View Post
I have a question on extended warranty:

During purchase i was quoted 14,174/- for extended warranty, which I accepted assuming it is for 3+2 Yrs, but when I received the ext warranty letter found that it is only for 3+1 Years. Not sure what is the cost for 3+2 and given that I already have 3+1, do I need to pay only for the difference or more if now I want to take it for the 5th year.
You should install With You Hamesha app and check the extended warranty and road side assistance status, and cost for extending them to max.

I remember 5yr extended warranty being about 19-odd thousand, but I doubt if 4 to 5 yr warranty will be just the difference between the amounts.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 4th April 2022 at 13:14.
ph03n!x is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:29   #3077
BHPian

Any recommendation from where to buy and get following add-ons installed in Bangalore:

1. Wild Boar grab handle
2. Comfortable dead pedal
Old 6th April 2022, 14:30   #3078
BHPian

The toggle for fog lamp goes one step ahead post switiching on the front fog lamps and shows an orange light on the information cluster. In my other cars, this is the toggle for rear fog lamp, but I didn't see any additional light coming up in the rear lamps. Any idea what purpose it serves?
Old 6th April 2022, 14:36   #3079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
The toggle for fog lamp goes one step ahead post switiching on the front fog lamps and shows an orange light on the information cluster. In my other cars, this is the toggle for rear fog lamp, but I didn't see any additional light coming up in the rear lamps. Any idea what purpose it serves?
Nothing yet. Probably shares the same part with other vehicles which are equipped with rear fog lamps.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 22:28   #3080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a question on extended warranty:
It's a nation-wide scam! No dealership will give you a 4&5th year combined EW, whereas it is an option from Mahindra. I specifically asked for it at the time of purchase and i l was told that it is not available. So, I ended up buying the 4th year EW for 14.x k. Now I'm getting calls to purchase 5th year EW for 11k. The best part is - combined 4th & 5th year EW costs about 20.x k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I had the same query to my service advisor and was told that it is the same with all Thars. Apparently there is no provision to even install your own lights
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 22:45   #3081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
You should install With You Hamesha app and check the extended warranty and road side assistance status, and cost for extending them to max.

I remember 5yr extended warranty being about 19-odd thousand, but I doubt if 4 to 5 yr warranty will be just the difference between the amounts.
Thanks @Ph03n!x! Installed "With you Hamesha" app and found it to be quite useful. Looks like I will be able to schedule service visits, view service history and many other things through this app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It's a nation-wide scam! No dealership will give you a 4&5th year combined EW, whereas it is an option from Mahindra. I specifically asked for it at the time of purchase and i l was told that it is not available. So, I ended up buying the 4th year EW for 14.x k. Now I'm getting calls to purchase 5th year EW for 11k. The best part is - combined 4th & 5th year EW costs about 20.x k
Thanks @cool_dube! I would have taken 3+2 at the time of purchase if they would have offered me. Btw, they unnecessarily combined 2nd year RSA along with 4th year EW. So your 14.x k includes 2nd year RSA as well.
BlackBagheera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 23:30   #3082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It's a nation-wide scam! No dealership will give you a 4&5th year combined EW, whereas it is an option from Mahindra.........
Well some do. I have the proper 5 year warranty.
19.XXX was the cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot_20220406232750_with-you-hamesha.jpg  

navpreet318 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 07:08   #3083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
19.XXX was the cost.
Agree, Navpreet!! Even my Thar has the +2 years extended warranty, which my dealer VVC Mahindra has offered me.
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 11:54   #3084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
19.XXX was the cost.
Even I got extended warranty for 4th and 5th year.

Infact my XUV 5oo too have 4th and 5th year warranty from day one.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 13:20   #3085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendation from where to buy and get following add-ons installed in Bangalore:

1. Wild Boar grab handle
2. Comfortable dead pedal
You may look at the Bimbra 4x4 options for these. I personally didn't like their dead pedal though. The build quality was fine but the ergonomics were not right for me.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 13:47   #3086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
You may look at the Bimbra 4x4 options for these. I personally didn't like their dead pedal though. The build quality was fine but the ergonomics were not right for me.
Do they have an operations in Bangalore? Few months back when I contacted them, they asked me to reach out to Auto Style but the contact number was unresponsive.

Any other renowned thar specialized shop in Bangalore?
Old 7th April 2022, 23:11   #3087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do they have an operations in Bangalore? Few months back when I contacted them, they asked me to reach out to Auto Style but the contact number was unresponsive.

Any other renowned thar specialized shop in Bangalore?
Auto style, in Koramangala is their dealer and I went there only. 9845004858 is the number I have got.
Jaguar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 12:01   #3088

Does anyone have recommendations for what's the best insurance company and plan for Diesel AT hard top ?
Dealer has quoted me 66,000 but on policy bazaar it's shown as low as 38,000 (united india and national insurance )

Is it too good to be true ? I had done a lot of research when buying health insurance does car insurance also have so many catches ?
Old 8th April 2022, 12:47   #3089
BHPian

Quote:
19.XXX was the cost.
My SA is charging me 24446 for 4th & 5th year + RSA unto 5 years, Can anyone confirm me if they are charging me right or keeping extra margins on warranty as well ?
Old 8th April 2022, 13:08   #3090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
My SA is charging me 24446 for 4th & 5th year + RSA unto 5 years, Can anyone confirm me if they are charging me right or keeping extra margins on warranty as well ?
Very reasonable. I think he is either charging you less or at max standard Mahindra rates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks