Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:46   #3901
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by udy View Post
Mine is October manufactured too, but I do have this feature. Does yours have the Auto Engine On/Off switch? Also do the newer Thars come with the Exhaust covered with a plastic cover as I see many Thars with the Exhaust part exposed while it has a black plastic cover on mine. Mine is a Diesel if that makes any difference.
Mine too is a LX AT Diesel HT manufactured in 2nd week October 2022.

Yes mine has the Auto Engine On/Off switch. However it's irritating me in heavy traffic conditions, i have to remember to turn it off everytime i start the car. Looking for a way to turn-off that feature by default. Any setting for that in the new MID software? Can you record & share a video walkthrough of the new features of software for everyone please?

I don't see any plastic cover over exhaust. Can you share a pic of that? Also if it's factory fitted there will be a part number white sticker on it, see if you can locate it and attach a picture of it as well.
trends2day is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:48   #3902
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manver786 View Post
Despite escalation to Mahindra there has been no response on this coming from the concerned quarter.
cmdoffice@mahindra.com
yuv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 18:20   #3903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trends2day View Post
Mine too is a LX AT Diesel HT manufactured in 2nd week October 2022.

Yes mine has the Auto Engine On/Off switch. However it's irritating me in heavy traffic conditions, i have to remember to turn it off everytime i start the car. Looking for a way to turn-off that feature by default. Any setting for that in the new MID software? Can you record & share a video walkthrough of the new features of software for everyone please?

I don't see any plastic cover over exhaust. Can you share a pic of that? Also if it's factory fitted there will be a part number white sticker on it, see if you can locate it and attach a picture of it as well.
What about DEF level indication, does your Thar have it?
Old 23rd December 2022, 18:50   #3904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
What about DEF level indication, does your Thar have it?
Nope doesn't have DEF level Indicator. Infact when i couldn't find it in menu, i asked the cotek at service center when he was upgrading software for camera on 2nd dec. He said my software is latest version, no new updates available and DEF level indicator is not available in Thar, when it needs regen / top-up it will give a warning signal only, no level meter.

Nor do i have any plastic cover over Exhaust. However i think they have given mounting points for the cover (see the things marked in yellow).
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221223_182817__01__01.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221223_182803.jpg  

trends2day is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 21:11   #3905
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler86 View Post
Attachment 2393176
Has anyone noticed this yet?
Yes mine does, as per the store manager. Shall confirm the same and any other updates after delivery.
Old 24th December 2022, 20:52   #3906
yuv
BHPian

Got her home today, thanks to Santa
Dec'22 manufactured so it has all the latest upgrades including DEF level indicator, more to follow soon. Now off to Midnight Mass, Merry X'mas everyone!

Cheers & thanks for all the encouragement
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20221224_205833.jpg

Last edited by yuv : 24th December 2022 at 21:00.
yuv is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 13:46   #3907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Got her home today, thanks to Santa
Congratulations!

Could you please post pictures of your MID. All the menus. Would like to know what all has been updated in the December ‘22 models. Also, is there any update you see on infotainment screen?
Old 26th December 2022, 09:22   #3908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
Hi All
I recently bought a Thar LX At Petrol, looking at upgrading tyres.. the current FE that I am getting within Gurgaon city drive is 8 KMPL.. Currently my car has MRF Wanderers.

I am planning to go for BFG 265s with fuel alloys for cosmetic plus occasional off-roading trips nearby..

Would any one be able to share his experience with FE drop in Petrol AT with BFGs.. please help I am confused like hell.. !
Thanks all for their suggestions.. I went to BK Tyres Lajpat Nagar yesterday..
I actually wanted to have a more planted ride as mostly I shall be driving in an around Gurgaon only.. FE was also a consideration..
Jitesh advised me to move to Michelin 265, I had a brilliant experience with Michelins on my Cruze also.. so didn't think twice.. also took chunky XF alloys.. actually I felt difference in ride instantly after Michelins.. with drive since yesterday there seems to be an improvement from the tachometer reading of AFE.. will update on long term feedback on FE soon.. sharing some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-3.jpg  

Accelerator is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 12:49   #3909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good choice for the shop. Even I had my alloys and tyres from them for my XUV 500.

If you dont mind can you share how much you paid for Alloys and tyres?
Old 29th December 2022, 10:45   #3910
BHPian

Absolutely Loved the look and stance of the Thar now. Can you help us with the approx. pricing you paid for the Alloys and the Tyres.

TIA!
Quote:
I actually wanted to have a more planted ride as mostly I shall be driving in an around Gurgaon only.. FE was also a consideration..
Jitesh advised me to move to Michelin 265, I had a brilliant experience with Michelins on my Cruze also.. so didn't think twice.. also took chunky XF alloys.. actually I felt difference in ride instantly after Michelins.. with drive since yesterday there seems to be an improvement from the tachometer reading of AFE.. will update on long term feedback on FE soon.. sharing some pics
Old 29th December 2022, 12:05   #3911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Good choice for the shop. Even I had my alloys and tyres from them for my XUV 500.

If you dont mind can you share how much you paid for Alloys and tyres?
Sorry for late reply

Tyres 17.5K each

Alloys 16.2 K each

My car had wanderers, bought back for 25k
The alloy wheels were bought back for 18.5k

I shelled total 1.25 L extra
Accelerator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 17:13   #3912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
Guys. Urgent. I got a call from my SA yesterday that a black Thar D AT HT is available immediately if I want it.

Now a brief info about me. I presently own a 2016 Creta D M and was looking for an upgrade as it has completed 1.2Lac Kms till now. I have a XUV 700 AX7L AWD and Scorpio N booking both due around June ‘23. I am also looking for a used Fortuner/Crysta under 20L. Scorpio Classic is also a car close to my heart.

My usage is 80% highway/expressways, majorly chauffeur driven with me on the front passenger seat. I am 28 and very much single. My usage is 20-30k kms a year. And at present I am limiting myself to under 20L budget. I agree that I will not be using this car for it’s intended usage, but heart wants what it wants. So here are a few questions -
1. How comfortable/uncomfortable am I going to be for my intended usage? Say if I go for AVO suspensions, then how will the ride quality be if compared to other cars or my existing one?
2. How reliable is it for those 600-700 kms continuous drives?
3. What points can I give to my family to justify my purchase? Sorry if this sounds too immature.
4. How is Scorpio Classic compared to Thar considering they both have the same engine?

Thanks a lot everyone in advance.
1. Very uncomfortable. Thar is best used as a weekend fun car.
2. It's pretty basic like the first gen fortuner. Nothing to go wrong in it.

Most people I know who bought thars are now selling them off because it turns out it is just not practical enough unless it's your second car. Unless you are going offroading or plan on driving yourself, going from a creta to a thar is a downgrade.
Cresterk is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 13:48   #3913
BHPian

It seems like a panic decision from Mahindra (but I may be wrong). Mahindra is going to launch the 4x2 & 1.5L Diesel/Petrol variant. This is a move to tackle the sales drop that will happen post Maruti launches 5 Door Jimny.

Old 1st January 2023, 15:35   #3914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trends2day View Post
Nor do i have any plastic cover over Exhaust. However i think they have given mounting points for the cover (see the things marked in yellow).
These are no extra mounting points, rather they are known as muffler hangers. Two metallic extensions, one from body side and one from engine/muffler side aided by one rubber damper. You can find at least 3 to 4 nos. of similar things in any IC engined car along the exhaust routing (from the exhaust manifold to the tail-pipe).
Blooming Flower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 18:29   #3915
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

@GTO
What news of your red convertible Thar?
Any pictures, upgrades and first impressions yet?
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks