Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2023, 20:13   #3946
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Here you go, please let me know if you need anything specific additionally.
Thank you sir, you missed one tab. Music one. Would be great if you could post that too - with Android Auto/Carplay music and one with simple Bluetooth connection.
Old 14th January 2023, 02:47   #3947
BHPian

I can confirm that OS 2.xxxxx does not remove the GPS navigation on older units (both HW v.1 and v.2)
Someone posted about morotola A1 ...

Motorola is HISTORY.
At least carsifi WORKS FINE in other cars and offers options to try to fix the Thar (many options!).

however, net result = Z E R O

We have been sold a BROKEN android auto feature.
It doesn't work. Nippon (the OEM) has NO SOLUTION.
The complaints have been open for a year.
The net result is a BETA PRODUCT with a BROKEN FEATURE :"|

Last edited by wooka : 14th January 2023 at 03:01.
wooka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 07:16   #3948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
however, net result = Z E R O

We have been sold a BROKEN android auto feature.
It doesn't work. Nippon (the OEM) has NO SOLUTION.
The complaints have been open for a year.
The net result is a BETA PRODUCT with a BROKEN FEATURE :"|
Amazing part is they are still selling this without fixing it. Usually, when new models come out they some issues but here niggles are evergreen without any fix in sight. Hopeless Mahindra.

I guess there are very minuscule people who use this in Thar and more tiny who know that this fault is not with their phone or wire.

Mahindra, I know somebody must be reading this from your team so please get an update to fix this and one to bring updated MID Menus for earlier manufactured ones.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 10:05   #3949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can confirm that OS 2.xxxxx does not remove the GPS navigation on older units (both HW v.1 and v.2)
Thanks, this helps!

My update to 2.00 was much before it was released (and had issues at least with enabling reversing camera), so looks like I'll have to visit my MASS for a re-update!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 20:21   #3950
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
That someone is me.. coincidently another MA1 unit arrived today, which was specifically ordered for the Thar and guess what, it works like a breeze. A quick spin on bumpy roads confirmed that the occasional disconnections have also been eliminated so I have no idea what you're talking about.

But of course going by the plethora of issues unfortunately being faced by you, it seems their android auto implementation is anything but consistent and maybe I just got lucky!
Considering AA has been around since almost a decade now (Android 6 onwards), high time Mahindra got it's act together.
yuv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 20:34   #3951
BHPian

The Motorola is afterall a Chinese brand with an MNC legacy brand whitewash.
AA wireless is well established in the market with three dongles of which carsifi is one of the better ones. It gives you a lot of tweaking options as well via the companion app. If the wired and wireless configs are both borked, one an only imagine it's a shoddy job. Further, escalating to the regional service manager, one Mr. Sonam Khanna, has yeiled zero results. Emails go without any response for months. I'm really having second thoughts about my scorpio N delivery in March.
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot_20230114_203521_gmail.jpg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot_20230114_203503_gmail-mod.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 15th January 2023 at 07:48. Reason: As requested
wooka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 05:55   #3952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
That someone is me.. coincidently another MA1 unit arrived today, which was specifically ordered for the Thar and guess what, it works like a breeze. A quick spin on bumpy roads confirmed that the occasional disconnections have also been eliminated so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Can you update your findings after a long drive, between 1 to 3 hours of continuous usage please?

Bumpy rides where never a problem for me. In fact all the disconnection videos I submitted to M&M where all on smooth tarmac. The issue occurs mostly after around 45 min to 1.5 hours of driving - but there are instances where it has occurred within 5 minutes, and not occurred over 5 hours as well

If anyone's got a disconnection issue with bumpy roads, please try a different cable/ phone.
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 21:06   #3953

Had an amazing drive with my "Trail Hunter"(Mahindra Thar).

Drove to "Hosahalli Gudda/Betta" at sakaleshpur. As it was my first off road with Thar, I doubted if I should even be attempting this on the first off road trip, But trust me Thar did it all for me. I Just had to sit and experience the pleasure of driving .

Driving jeep to peak of the mountain is bliss.
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-hosahalli_tbhp.jpg

Our camping setup
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221211_064341.jpg

Where he belongs
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221211_094017.jpg

Offroad experience is captured in this vlog
innov8eve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 01:14   #3954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8eve View Post
Our camping setup
The video was enjoyable and quite an adventure.

Based on a word of caution from police on similar camping trips, there is a high risk of leopard and bear attacks at night and those sleeping in tents are especially vulnerable.
Its safer to sleep within the vehicle in such locations.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 16th January 2023 at 01:20.
for_cars1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 12:18   #3955

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8eve View Post
Had an amazing drive with my "Trail Hunter"(Mahindra Thar). Drove to "Hosahalli Gudda/Betta" at sakaleshpur.
Amazing place, during my last trip to Sakleshpur have planned to go here but could not make it.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th January 2023 at 12:33. Reason: Broken quote tags
TheRainmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 14:29   #3956

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainmaster View Post
Amazing place, during my last trip to Sakleshpur have planned to go here but could not make it.
Yes, it is. During monsoon, villagers will close the way to the peak as there might be minor landslides along the way as shown in the video.

But post-monsoon it's a wonderful experience.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2023 at 17:32. Reason: Typos, spacing
innov8eve is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2023, 15:38   #3957
BHPian

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-picsart_230116_150713473.jpg

Happy to announce that I've joined the ever growing list of BHPian-Thar owner's. Received my Petrol AT Aquamarine beauty on the auspicious day of Makar Sankranti from NBS Mahindra at Andheri.

The first 100 kilometres have been rather interesting, getting accustomed to the width and height of this thing definitely needs some practise. However, the sense of occasion one gets with the Thar is truly unmatched. Keeping aside the two AWD vehicles (2007 Honda CRV & 2018 VW Arteon) previously owned by me/my family, this will be the first proper 4x4 vehicle that we have owned. I really look forward to beginning my off-roading journey with the Thar.

I would love to be a part of any Thar owners / Off-roaders group in Mumbai. Would be grateful if anyone could share details regarding the same. Regards.
Nair.V8 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 16:03   #3958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
Attachment 2406902

Happy to announce that I've joined the ever growing list of BHPian-Thar owner's. Received my Petrol AT Aquamarine beauty on the auspicious day of Makar Sankranti from NBS Mahindra at Andheri.
Congratulations! The Aquamarine is almost Blue in this photograph!
AbhiJ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 17:35   #3959
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nair.V8 View Post
Attachment 2406902

A beautiful colour. And welcome to the Thar owner fraternity. Its a very good vehicle for our Indian conditions, civilisation or wilderness.
A great all rounder.
Do take a view of some of the functional upgrades and modifications earlier suggested along the way on this and other Thar threads.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 12:24   #3960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Guys my Thar is almost here. The dealer insists that the Petrol Auto has a diff lock, but, after perusing some posts here, it appears to have been removed from the Petrol variants altogether. Is this true? If so I’m not going ahead with my booking. I might change to a diesel with diff lock or turn my attention to the Jimny if I don’t want to live with Diesel. If this is true, it’s really a head scratching dirty move on Mahindra’s part.
This question has been lingering on this forum and elsewhere for quite sometime now with no concrete information.

Here is the 100% confirmed info for this issue. I figured it out myself and verified all these info while buying my Thar in november. Mahindra Customer Care & dealer guys had no confirmed info for the same, not even the trainer at Mahindra whose main job is to impart such knowledge to dealership.

MLD has been removed from all petrol variants manufactured post mid September. Cut off VIN number for this change is N2J11222.

MLD is now available only with top end Diesel LX models by default (both AT & MT). Verified that by checking underbody of all thars available at dealer stockyard personally.

For a more manual look to verify if your Thar has a MLD irrespective its petrol or diesel, look for a part number sticker on rear tyre axle housing. It will have something like "W501 4.3R MLD ABS" and below that there will be a manufactured date printed, this is the date your car got assembled most probably. Doesn't matter if the manufactured date is after the VIN cutoff or before the VIN cutoff, date If the part sticker mentions MLD then it has MLD otherwise no MLD in your vehicle.

See the attached pics for reference.

MLD for thar is manufactured by Eaton, if my memory serves me correct, Eaton has also started offering after market MLD upgrade for vehicles in india and costs around Rs. 70,000 - 80,000.

Hope this helps you and everyone else struggling to find the same info.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221128_121959__01.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221125_125454__02.jpg  

trends2day is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks