Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2022, 22:01   #3886
yuv
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
Maybe yyou should look at grill, headlamp upgrade, and grab handles on the A Pillar. These will add lot more to the style and comfort than Dark Lord accessory imo.
Great inputs, thanks. For the headlamps, i'm planning to do a simple swap with Philips extremes and removed everything else except the Shoulder Appliques & Wheel Arch's from the Dark Lord. Will skip the grab handles due to safety concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Those after market metal Grab handles on the A Pillar are an absolutely dangerous accessory in my opinion.
Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs, planning to do the soft handle hack and thanks again for highlighting this important issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler86 View Post
For arm rests, I would suggest you go for some after market ones. The ones offered by Showrooms are of very poor quality and they charge a lot more too.
Many thanks, Yes a trip to Opera house or Milan is due. Not sure about the utility of the rear one's but the Front Arm rest is definitely a must-have. From what I've seen thus far in pics & videos, look's like it might be a task finding a really good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjitSen6333 View Post
If possible get the door cladding from Azad, being said that please do not order the grill from them as the quality is extremely poor and is prone to cracks within 6 months.

About the arm rest, The complete set cost me around 11,000 and i guess he said its by Bimbra the quality is pretty decent, looks good and much better than the stock one.
I looked up and also liked the Azad cladding, however Family still prefers the stock so stock it is. Thanks a lot for the tip on Bimbra, will surely check it out.

Here is the final list: 1. Reverse camera 4390/- 2. Front parking sensors 3500/- 3. Mud flap 1001/- 4. Seat Cover 9500/- 5. Steering cover 836/- 6. Magnetic sunshade (Front) 970/- 7. Dark Lord (Only Shoulder Applique & Wheel Arch) 15500/- 8. Side body Cladding 9000/- 9. Rain Visors 1355/- 10. Camo Body Cover 2265/- 11. Anti rust 3499/- 12. Bug Deflector 1720/- 13. Scuff plates 748/- 14. Fuel tank protector 2700/-.

Thanks everyone for helping me decide, as you can tell I haven't replaced anything, just added more. I want to drive the vehicle stock for some time and then start replacing stuff as need be.
Old 21st December 2022, 06:09   #3887
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Will skip the grab handles due to safety concerns.

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs, planning to do the soft handle hack and thanks again for highlighting this important issue.

Many thanks, Yes a trip to Opera house or Milan is dued be.
This is what I have put on my Thar. They are handy and useful and are incapable of causing any harm.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-feb52367d4d14fbfb94dc0c26c778d41.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-edf026accd7a45b0842a2533d463e8cc.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1c317d35b24a4f1eadf88adf90704c6f.jpeg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-2b8e975c8ec249bd8a6a640a12959e34.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 16:16   #3888
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
This is what I have put on my Thar. They are handy and useful and are incapable of causing any harm.
Thanks a lot Sir, this is exactly what I had in mind. Didn't realize that you were the originator of this wonderful and safe idea.
Old 22nd December 2022, 09:54   #3889
BHPian

Quote:
How is your grab bar handle so flush with the plastic trim? Can you share more close up pics of where it is screwed to trim?

I had ordered the same part number grab handle but it doesn't sit flush without any gaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221221_155958.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221221_160002.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_20221221_160224__01.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2022, 12:05   #3890
BHPian

Mahindra Thar may get a price cut in India, not an 'SUV' as per GST council

Quote:
Mahindra Thar is one of the most popular 4X4 SUVs in the country. The offroader from the Indian automaker has an immense following and buyers have to face long waiting periods just to receive delivery of their Thar. The Mahindra Thar received a major facelift in 2020 and currently the price of the car in India starts at Rs 13.58 lakh (ex-showroom). Following a recent GST council meet, Mahindra Thar may get a price cut in India soon. The GST council has changed the definition of SUVs in the recent meeting. Which means that few of the popular SUVs that are sold in India are not ‘SUV’ anymore, resulting in less tax.
Source

Now that's something. If it holds true, we can expect some respite from the recent price hikes.

Don't know whether if this would be passed to the end consumer at all.

Last edited by Vasuki : 22nd December 2022 at 12:08.
Vasuki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 19:23   #3891
yuv
BHPian

Hi All, considering the convertible will always be in somewhat harms way due to the soft top, has anyone figured out an elegant anti-theft system.

Till I figure this one out, thinking of going in for the good old Tyre Clamp for 1k from Amazon and maybe some Lock Nuts for the Spare Tyre however at 5k each, not fully convinced about their value add.

Should I throw in a steering lock as well, or would that be an overkill.
Old 22nd December 2022, 21:42   #3892

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img_4045.jpg

Has anyone noticed this yet? The new Thars are coming with this software upgrade. The DEF level indicator. I think it was not there with the previous versions. This one is a November 22 manufactured..
Growler86 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 01:57   #3893
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2393176

Has anyone noticed this yet? The new Thars are coming with this software upgrade. The DEF level indicator. I think it was not there with the previous versions. This one is a November 22 manufactured..
Finally, I'm glad they are reading and acting on feedback from this thread. Please Mahindra, get this in previous versions too. Won't be that complicated. Mine is 2022 January version, in 10 months itself there has been so many changes.

Btw I also see music sign on MID, earlier ones didn't have that either. Since there is no hardware update, please for customer retention sake provide this as an update to existing customers too.

Since you're reading this please ask your dealers to reply to my request about what exactly is "tow Hitch protection"?

One last thing, please add temperature display in MID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
This could also be the 5 door version. Regardless, I wish they never made a 4x2 version.
I wish the same. 4x2 just dilutes the brand further. About this one considering it has two front power switches, this is likely the 3 door version.

Last edited by batish : 23rd December 2022 at 01:59.
batish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 10:45   #3894
BHPian

Hi All,

I had previously posted that I have booked Thar (P) CT AT with a dealer based in Delhi. So far as I know till date the dealer has not placed the order with the Mahindra. Now I have been informed by the dealer that the Thar CT has been discontinued and as such it will not be available. Despite escalation to Mahindra there has been no response on this coming from the concerned quarter. It seems that Mahindra and its dealer wants the customer to keep guessing. If that is so they are losing a customer and the reputation. Any how I am keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for a response from them. If in the meantime Maruti brings something will definitely buy and ditch our own Mahindra. Its quite frustrating for the end customer.
manver786 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 11:27   #3895
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2393176

Mine is an October manufactured and i don't have this. What's the software version your car is running on?
Old 23rd December 2022, 11:55   #3896
BHPian

Hi folks,

Has anyone considered getting the stage 1 remaps for their diesel Thars ? I've seen alot of tuners offering remaps like T8, Harmonixx and GT Tunerz bumping power to 165hp and 396Nm . Just wanted to get other peoples feedback on this.
Turbolove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 12:56   #3897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
.... One more thing I found was they have removed provision to add towing - from the chassis itself. Newer models (including mine) doesn't have it. It's a bummer Mahindra.
A lot of features seem to be getting dropped one by one as time goes by such as:
- Second Type A USB port
- Lumbar support adjusters on front seat
- Towing provision
- Brushed silver finish on bumper (OK to remove this as this is not a feature)
- Lower capacity battery
- Reduction in the colours offered (No more Rocky Beige which is a great shade for an offroader, and Mystic copper)

Since the Thar is a lifestyle vehicle and bought by customers with niche requirements, it already commands a premium price and customers are fine with it as the buying decision is 'more from the heart and less from the head'
Pricing is not the issue as the Thar is not as practical as a regular vehicle anyway (for most folks) and is purpose built for off-roading.

In case M&M faces any real issues such as lower profitability or suppy chain issues, they should still not go with dropping features in a lifestyle vehicle, but rather offer the dropped features as paid add-ons in the accessories list or in a factory fitted higher priced new variant.
Most of the the customer base of Thar would have no issues paying a higher premium to get a feature-rich lifestyle vehicle.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 23rd December 2022 at 13:06.
for_cars1 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:21   #3898
udy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trends2day View Post
Mine is an October manufactured and i don't have this. What's the software version your car is running on?
Mine is October manufactured too, but I do have this feature. Does yours have the Auto Engine On/Off switch? Also do the newer Thars come with the Exhaust covered with a plastic cover as I see many Thars with the Exhaust part exposed while it has a black plastic cover on mine. Mine is a Diesel if that makes any difference.

Last edited by udy : 23rd December 2022 at 13:41. Reason: Corrected
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:40   #3899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
- Lower capacity battery
A quick correction - this is other way around. Thar launched with a 65Ah battery, and is now getting 72Ah.

A few changes from launch - the dummy switches in the center console below the AC are now functional, moving some of the buttons from the driver (MID) controls.

And looks like DEF level in MID is coming up in newer vehicles, I hope this trickles down to existing vehicles too - this has been one of the most wanted features for Diesel Thars, the peace of mind it would offer is priceless.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th December 2022 at 11:23. Reason: Post split
ph03n!x is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 16:15   #3900
yuv
BHPian

Beauty arrives at the showroom, counting hours now

Name:  20221223_155519.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  201.7 KB

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-20221223_161235.jpg
yuv is offline   (9) Thanks