Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2020, 12:36   #706
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Did you contact M&M directly?
Yes, I had to. I was posed with a similar threat. Delay is from Mahindra’s end, so they need to compensate either by providing a discount (equivalent to 1 year depreciation-15%) on Vin 20 model or prioritise a Vin 21 vehicle against the booking. I would suggest you provide an opportunity to the ASM to fix this for you, if not, escalate.

It seems Vin 21 vehicles will only go into production from last week of December with a realistic dispatch timeline of mid Jan.
Old 9th December 2020, 12:41   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Thar isn’t a mile muncher hence not too worried about the fuel economy. At 50k kms with 3 kmpl kind of mileage difference between petrol / diesel and 10₹ Rate difference between diesel and petrol, outgo is 21k. Petrol is cheaper by 30k already
Correcting the calculations, 1.92L towards fuel expenses so a net difference of 1.6L over 4-5 years
Old 9th December 2020, 12:46   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
This is strange because I categorically checked with the customer service rep at Mahindra to say that if I am to book before midnight 30th, then the booking is going to be as on 30th, period.

My order form (pdf) generated post payment had the status "order in process" on 30th. The status changed to "order confirmed" on the website on 1st Dec after the verification call from Mahindra.

I tried getting in touch with Mahindra again just now to check this confusion however no response, possibly given the bandh.
Hi SS11, did you get any update on where the price hike will be applicable on the booking date or order date?
Old 9th December 2020, 13:25   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi SS11, did you get any update on where the price hike will be applicable on the booking date or order date?
None, not at least from Mahindra.
However, I am going by the booking date - because as a customer that's what is most relevant to me and not some date when the dealer wishes to punch my order in his system.
Old 9th December 2020, 13:32   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
None, not at least from Mahindra.
However, I am going by the booking date - because as a customer that's what is most relevant to me and not some date when the dealer wishes to punch my order in his system.
Yes, but if we don't get the clarity now along with written confirmation it will be a mess during delivery. Also, since delivery is after 6-7 months, dealer/M&M may have the tendency to forget. I am trying to get some info on my end as well. Will update.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 16:22   #711
BHPian

Finally went to the gurgaon dealership to checkout the vehicle in it's flesh. Looks totally badass. They only had a diesel manual for the TD. Took my dad along just to get a feel of his reaction to the vehicle since he'd been cribbing that back in his days the gypsy was the preferred option if one wanted a lifestyle jeep. He seemed convinced at the end of the ride since this is just an impulsive purchase. Noticed some air leakage in the cabin from the driver side window pane. The screen is nice and responsive , the steering as pointed out earlier is lazy. The gear lever was weird, would get into the slot in a very tractor-ish fashion. I was happy I went for an AT just because of that, the gear felt very flimsy. Overall, still convinced despite never having sat or driven a jeep before.
Booking was done on 30th November , delivery date is 8th August. I'm not in a hurry, gives me time to see if I need to park my funds elsewhere as well as expecting the niggles to wriggle out by then.

Last edited by GTO : 10th December 2020 at 06:39. Reason: Let's avoid hard-to-understand acronyms on the forum. Thanks
Karan_n8 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 06:42   #712
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please avoid using hard-to-understand acronyms on the forum, or those that are specific to any manufacturer (e.g. CPD). Other BHPians won't be able to follow your post.

E.g. instead of CPD, simply just say "expected delivery date"!

Thank you for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 10:21   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Good walk through!

How is the bug deflector - did you try highway speeds after affixing it, and does it reduce bugs from being splattered on the wind shield?

Also, it calls out in the manual to not pressure wash the underbody (and the engine bay), I hope the service center considered that - I am point this out as you've mentioned that they tried to lift the Thar up for wash but could not - and the video shows your Thar being pressure washed from the rear bottom. I have attached a photo of the user manual in this post.

Happy jeeping!
Yep, drove around 400 kms on the highway after fixing it. There were not many bugs around here during the drive but the major difference was a cleaner bonnet area, since most of the fog and dust was accumulated on the deflector. But after washing the vehicle / after rains, water accumulates in between the gap of the deflector. The hood needs to be put up to drain it.
Yep, will avoid pressure washing it. I read it later.

But, what an awesome review you wrote! I was glued to it.
OneLivingLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 10:35   #714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, please avoid using hard-to-understand acronyms on the forum, or those that are specific to any manufacturer (e.g. CPD). Other BHPians won't be able to follow your post.
I also occasionally get caught out by phrases like Endy instead of Endeavour when I fire out a post without reviewing. I recalled reading it ages ago and was searching for the rules on this recently to refresh myself - dont mean to go off topic on the Thar thread but just FYI some may find this post / link on acronyms handy.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (Commonly used Acronyms & Abbreviations on Team-BHP)
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 11:02   #715
BHPian

Radiator Protection Guard Kit available on the m2all for 4970/-.
Source: - https://www.m2all.com/mahindra-genui...guard-kit.html

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th December 2020 at 11:21. Reason: Replacing broken URL
Slipstream11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 11:09   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Radiator Protection Guard Kit available on the m2all for 4970/-.
Source: - shorturl.at/mrH47
Mahindra should have supplied this as an OE item on an off-road oriented vehicle like the Thar, and not as an "accessory".
Old 10th December 2020, 12:43   #717
BHPian

This confusion over the lack of correlation between the booking date and the expected delivery date takes me back to the 90s. I remember the Esteem and Maruti 1000 launch days. The common question among potential buyers would be " kitna on chal raha hai?". Basically the question meant "How much is the additional amount the buyer has to pay to get the car ahead of the delivery schedule. In most cases the dealer would pocket the extra ~10-20k and allot a car to a buyer out of turn. Cutting the line in simple terms.

As much as I would like to believe we have moved on from those methods, I am pretty sure the practice remains especially in the case of high demand vehicles like the Thar. The concept that an online booking needs to be punched in by a dealer to be valid and the lack of transparency around it is bound to misused.
yd_gli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 12:56   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I also occasionally get caught out by phrases like Endy instead of Endeavour when I fire out a post without reviewing. I recalled reading it ages ago and was searching for the rules on this recently to refresh myself - dont mean to go off topic on the Thar thread but just FYI some may find this post / link on acronyms handy.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (Commonly used Acronyms & Abbreviations on Team-BHP)
Off topic but thanks for this! I have always wondered what FNG meant all this time. Makes sense now.
Old 11th December 2020, 09:07   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
E.g. instead of CPD, simply just say "expected delivery date"!
Thank you for addressing that Complex Parlance of Dystopia.

Over in this part of the world, I am getting to see a new Thar on road each day. All Hard Top though. Kochi was anyway a happy hunting ground for the old Thar, so this isn't a surprise at all. Besides, Thar AT is the follow-up act to the GT TSi.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 18:09   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thank you for addressing that Complex Parlance of Dystopia.

Over in this part of the world, I am getting to see a new Thar on road each day. All Hard Top though. Kochi was anyway a happy hunting ground for the old Thar, so this isn't a surprise at all. Besides, Thar AT is the follow-up act to the GT TSi.
Have you seen a mystic copper yet? How does it look on the road? I have booked this color and apprehensive how it will look in real life, although it looks good on paper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks