Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 17:41   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

The License plate is Yellow letters over Black, and therefore, definitely not a private individual owned Thar.
Old 7th January 2021, 19:08   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaky_blinder View Post
It seems that the bonnet opening issue is getting more and more common.
This is a serious design flaw and should be addressed ASAP by Mahindra. Hope they have taken notice and are working on it.
Old 7th January 2021, 20:34   #978
BHPian

Does anyone know what is being written in the RC book of the convertible Thar. Someone here in Chandigarh told me that the Registration authorities here are writing 'soft top' even for the convertible model and that you can't drive around with the roof open here.
Old 7th January 2021, 22:58   #979

Finally got my Petrol A/T delivered last Saturday, exactly 3 months after my booking on Oct 2. Haven't driven it much since then but since there are less reviews about the Petrol A/T, sharing my initial experience comparing to my cousin's Diesel A/T I drove for a few hours.

Engine:
Though the Diesel engine is pretty silent too, the Petrol engine is extremely refined, much more silent, smooth and peppy. The power is plenty, it just takes off when I press the pedal hard, overtaking at high speeds is very convenient. As per NVH levels, it would match any other Petrol engine available in the new cars like Honda or Hyundai.

Handling:
Both Diesel and Petrol are capable and instill confidence at higher speeds. My friend riding with me who has had a Scorpio automatic for a few years says that this is light years ahead in terms of refinement, comfort and handling compared to his Scorpio.

Mileage:
I haven't yet hit the peak Bengaluru city traffic but in medium traffic in the sub-urbs with a light Pedal, it does show 9+ on the AFE meter. I get a feeling that I may be able to squeeze 12 kmpl in real world Highway driving. I am ok with this as my Petrol i10 A/T gives me 8 and 11.5 respectively in city and on highway.

More on this when I clock a few hundred more on my odo with this.
vishalbhu is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 02:15   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know what is being written in the RC book of the convertible Thar. Someone here in Chandigarh told me that the Registration authorities here are writing 'soft top' even for the convertible model and that you can't drive around with the roof open here.
Here is a pic of my RC Card - it clearly says Convertible Soft Top. While mine is registered in Coimbatore, as all registrations are done through Vaahan, should be the same everywhere too.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-thar-rc-card.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalbhu View Post
Finally got my Petrol A/T delivered last Saturday, exactly 3 months after my booking on Oct 2.
Mileage:
Congratulations on owing the elusive Petrol AT - is it a HT or a CT?

I would like to know more about your real life mileage (tankful to tankful) for both city and highway usage, do keep us updated! Also, the MID can be glaringly wrong, don't take it into account until you have a tankful-to-tankful mileage correlation for a at least 2 or 3 fill-ups. Happy Thar-ing!
ph03n!x is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 08:05   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Is it a rental Thar? I think he has bought the Thar.
It's a rental Thar, yellow numbers on black plate. It is registered on Ranjit Bros Taxi Service name.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-screenshot_20210107143514__01.jpg

Quote:
The above snap should answer your query. This Thar is registered in Punjab and mentions CT (convertible top) on its RC.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 8th January 2021 at 08:29.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 09:22   #982
BHPian

Since a couple of years, RC mentions exactly what the OEM has entered on the RTO system for their vehicles, the same is printed, no deviation can be made at all.

My 2018 Nexon Etna Orange mentions Mari_Gold colour. Even the TMSC(Tata Motors Service Connect) has the Mari_Gold colour mentioned.

Some useful gyaan from my side.

Last edited by Vinod_nair : 8th January 2021 at 09:28.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 11:19   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Here is a pic of my RC Card - *SNIP*

*SNIP*
1. The colour should be Napoli, not Nepoli.

2. The RC does not have the name of the owner and the address? Weird. All the RCs I have seen so far (not of the new Thar but of other cars including the old Thar) have these.

Cheers
Old 8th January 2021, 11:52   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

2. The RC does not have the name of the owner and the address? Weird. All the RCs I have seen so far (not of the new Thar but of other cars including the old Thar) have these.

Cheers
This is an RC card, like aadhar card, name and address will be on the other side.

As for the spelling mistakes, some bloke in M&M has not been doing his job properly.
Old 8th January 2021, 12:16   #985
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra & Mahindra announced hike in prices of its range of personal and commercial vehicles by around 1.9% with immediate effect.

In case of new Thar, the current price increase will be effective for all bookings done between December 1, 2020 and January 7, 2021.

Source
Old 8th January 2021, 12:21   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Mahindra & Mahindra announced hike in prices of its range of personal and commercial vehicles by around 1.9% with immediate effect.

In case of new Thar, the current price increase will be effective for all bookings done between December 1, 2020 and January 7, 2021.

Source

Sorry but unreliable source AGAIN. The Mahindra website still has the old numbers. In case you have the official statement from Mahindra please do attach it here.
Old 8th January 2021, 12:30   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Sorry but unreliable source AGAIN. The Mahindra website still has the old numbers. In case you have the official statement from Mahindra please do attach it here.
The price hike has been announced today itself as per the source which says (on Friday) , It may take some time to reflect the changed prices to appear on the site
Quoting what Veejay Nakra Said
Quote:
we are taking this price increase effective January 8, 2021," he added.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th January 2021 at 12:32.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 13:04   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
1. The colour should be Napoli, not Nepoli.

Cheers
The colour is a typo by M&M.

That is my RC Card, and the details on the other side - you don't think I will share my name, address, DOB, phone number, et all over the internet, do you now?!!
But then, I am surprised how many PAN cards and Aadhar cards are out there if you do a simple image search!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
This is an RC card, like aadhar card, name and address will be on the other side.

As for the spelling mistakes, some bloke in M&M has not been doing his job properly.

Last edited by ph03n!x : 8th January 2021 at 13:06.
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 13:17   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Again, the definition of "booking date" is ambiguous. In case of an online booking - is it the date when one has made the online payment and has got the Booking Reference No., OTF No. and Receipt Date (which in my case is 30th Nov)

OR

When the chosen dealer has pushed the booking onto the system (which in my case is definitely on or after 1st Dec).
Old 8th January 2021, 13:27   #990

hi,

The Price hike is confirmed by a stock exchange release Mahindra has to make to Bombay Stock exchange and National Stock exchange. The PDF release has been ported there. Not clear the extent of price hike model wise.

rgds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks