Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2021, 14:01   #991

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

hi,

Seems a new case of the Thar hard top roof leaking water post the unseasonal rains. The video was shared and I don't know them personally.

The way the hard top has been glued together was always gong to the biggest achilles heel for Mahindra Thar.

Just wonder how the service stations take care of this since this is going to be recurring issues especially as the 'tank' ages.

rgds
Jacko is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 17:50   #992
BANNED

Prices go up, AX optional from 11.9 to 12.10 and LX from 12.49 to 12.79.

Updated on the website.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 20:33   #993
BHPian

This is the updated price on the Mahindra site. The updated prices have been reflected.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20210108wa0052.jpg  

pariyadav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 23:57   #994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Prices go up, AX optional from 11.9 to 12.10 and LX from 12.49 to 12.79.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pariyadav View Post
This is the updated price on the Mahindra site. The updated prices have been reflected.
Here are the details -
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-thar-new-prices.png

In addition to increasing the prices, M&M has also jacked up the difference between AT and MT by another 10,000 bucks - it was 80,000 earlier and 90,000 now. Which is why all AT models have close to 3% hike in prices.

Will this have an impact on the booking spree? Let's wait and see...
ph03n!x is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 07:58   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Further caveat they have added is that “for the Thar alone, these new prices will apply for bookings made between December 1 and January 7. For bookings made after January 7th, prices prevailing at the time of delivery will be applicable”.

This clearly signals the intention they have for multiple future price hikes. I expect they will continue to honor the strategy of prices prevailing at the time of booking being valid, offering some price protection to committed buyers, while continuing to step up prices for customers who book down the line.
Old 9th January 2021, 08:38   #996
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Won't lie, I am disappointed with the hike since I am buying. Still trying to figure out if this hike will apply to me since I booked late on Nov 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
For bookings made after January 7th, prices prevailing at the time of delivery will be applicable".

This clearly signals the intention they have for multiple future price hikes. I expect they will continue to honor the strategy of prices prevailing at the time of booking being valid, offering some price protection to committed buyers, while continuing to step up prices for customers who book down the line.

This is what every car manufacturer does so doesn't really say much about future hikes. They want to keep their options open. No?

Last edited by Pancham : 9th January 2021 at 08:54.
Old 9th January 2021, 12:04   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The colour is a typo by M&M.

That is my RC Card, and the details on the other side - you don't think I will share my name, address, DOB, phone number, et all over the internet, do you now?!!
But then, I am surprised how many PAN cards and Aadhar cards are out there if you do a simple image search!

Heheheheh absolutely not of course. I guess this must be a Tamil Nadu thing. In Karnataka, there is only the card for RC, no other document; and that card has a picture of a KA famous building and other generic KA-related text; and the other side has all the details including the name and address of the owner.

Here's a picture of both sides (from some TBHP member):
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-1397207vehicletransferrednewstateregistrationnumberstilloldstatenowwhatrc2.jpg  

Old 9th January 2021, 17:13   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

My Thar arrived at the dealer yard about a week ago, but due to lease documentation delays at my company's leasing vendor, the delivery will probably happen only next week. So went to have a look at the car today - To my relief, the Mystic Copper looks good from most angles! I had not seen the color in person prior to purchase and have not seen one in real life yet, so that was a relief Also relieved to find that although the car has been in the open yard through a week where there have been very intense rains in Chennai, there was absolutely no sign of any water inside, so the Hard Top roof seems to hold up well against the rain gods! Also 72 kms on the ODO at this point seems similar to other owners' reports here, probably will get close to about 90 kms on delivery, given the drive to the dealership in the middle of the city on delivery day.

There were two other Thars' ready for delivery - A black and a red, both with MT. The black looks classic as always but I did not quite like the shade of red. It looks a little washed out.

Now for the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pic-9.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pic-1.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pic-7.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pic-4.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pic-5.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pic-2.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pic-3.jpg  

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-pic-6.jpg  

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 9th January 2021 at 17:23.
84.monsoon is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 17:19   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
My Thar arrived at the dealer yard about a week ago, but due to lease documentation delays at my company's leasing vendor, the delivery will probably happen only next week. So went to have a look at the car today - To my relief, the Mystic Copper looks good from most angles! I had not seen the color in person prior to purchase and have not seen one in real life yet, so that was a relief

Now for the pictures.
Congrats, beautiful colour, enjoy the beast.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 23:10   #1000
Senior - BHPian

New arrivals seem to have MRF tires.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210110-11.05.54-pm-4.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210110-11.05.54-pm-5.jpeg

Test Drive (TD) today - AGAIN! Last few I have been really rethinking my decision to buy the Thar so I decided to do a proper TD today to get a feel of the bumpy ride and adjudge if I can handle it. Verdict: Yes, I felt it too.

Not sure if I should cry or laugh but the bumpy-ness was very much felt. But I decided to still go ahead with the purchase. I think I can get used to it. We will see.

Some random pics.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210110-11.05.54-pm.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210110-11.05.54-pm-1.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210110-11.05.54-pm-2.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210110-11.05.54-pm-3.jpeg

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210110-11.05.54-pm-6.jpeg

Definitely getting these.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210110-11.05.54-pm-7.jpeg
Pancham is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 23:27   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
New arrivals seem to have MRF tires.
Wanderers are rather lame tires, typical low cost OEM type. Something like Geolander will both look and work a lot better.

Quote:
Not sure if I should cry or laugh but the bumpy-ness was very much felt. But I decided to still go ahead with the purchase. I think I can get used to it. We will see.
Nothing an aftermarket suspension can’t solve. Ironman kits for the short wheelbase Pajero are supposed to be a direct fit. They solve the bounciness problem to a large extent.
Old 11th January 2021, 09:09   #1002
Senior - BHPian

A question to those who have taken delivery.

The CPD for me is 21st Jan. At what point can I expect some communication on a tentative delivery date? The dealer is clueless and says that there were changes done to the CPD (and if so, I was kept in the dark) and all efforts to reach the designated and named ASM has been unsuccessful.
Old 11th January 2021, 09:43   #1003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
A question to those who have taken delivery.

The CPD for me is 21st Jan. At what point can I expect some communication on a tentative delivery date? The dealer is clueless and says that there were changes done to the CPD (and if so, I was kept in the dark) and all efforts to reach the designated and named ASM has been unsuccessful.
In my case, the vehicle arrived before the CPD by a couple of days. The dealer had no idea that the vehicle was in transit. Only after it arrived at Chennai did the dealer call me.

If you have trouble reaching the ASM from Mahindra, the best thing to do would be to tweet to the Mahindra_Thar handle. I did that and I got a response within 24 hours.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 10:52   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for this. Yes, idea of a tweet is in my head for a while now.

The problem is that I’ve saved myself from Twitter and Facebook’s thus far and I’m not inclined to join either of those.

I’ll probably be patient for a couple more weeks. Have waited since 4th Oct anyways.
Old 11th January 2021, 13:20   #1005
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to mention this. When I visited the showroom yesterday one of the senior showroom folks said I might get the car by February. My CPD is late August btw. Reason? Mass cancellations. I saw the stack of bookings they had and if that was all they had I would be getting the car well before the scheduled time.

Almost every showroom is facing cancellations now and they are quite miffed with Mahindra given the lack of supply and large number of cancellations. They are losing out on actual sale.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks