Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2022, 11:56   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
It's been two days and I'm still waiting to hear from Toyota
Is your car still at Toyota ASC? Did you hear back from them or TKM?
Old 5th August 2022, 12:37   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Is your car still at Toyota ASC? Did you hear back from them or TKM?
Not heard back from the Toyota still. It's been almost 5 days. I have the car with me. But not using it as I do not want to take the risk of the issue once again.
Old 6th August 2022, 16:03   #813
Senior - BHPian

Could anyone confirm if the latest Fortuner facelift has introduced 6 Speed manual gearbox in Petrol variant? Earlier it used to be 5 speed MT and 6 speed AT. Has that changed in the new facelift for the manual petrol? I am asking this because the salesman of a toyota dealer in Noida I talked is confidently confirming 6 speed MT for the petrol.
Old 6th August 2022, 19:21   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Could anyone confirm if the latest Fortuner facelift has introduced 6 Speed manual gearbox in Petrol variant? Earlier it used to be 5 speed MT and 6 speed AT. Has that changed in the new facelift for the manual petrol? I am asking this because the salesman of a toyota dealer in Noida I talked is confidently confirming 6 speed MT for the petrol.

At 2:40 you can see the 5 speed gearbox in the facelift Fortuner.
Stolidus500 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 19:44   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
not using it as I do not want to take the risk of the issue once again.
How long would you continue like this? Has the dealer got back with an action plan?

Quote:
Earlier it used to be 5 speed MT and 6 speed AT.
It's still the same with facelift as well

Last edited by cool_dube : 6th August 2022 at 19:49.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 00:24   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
At 2:40 you can see the 5 speed gearbox in the facelift Fortuner.
Quote:

It's still the same with facelift as well
Thanks for confirming. I only wish the salesman was true to his word with Toyota adding it silently in recent times! How is the 5 speed MT gearbox on the Fortuner in today's standard? I guess the mileage will also be better than the AT one.

As for waiting period, I was told by many BHPians that petrol fortuners are made to order and waiting period may be longer. Weirdly, I am told petrol fortuners are readily available in stock (Espirit Toyota, Noida), whereas diesel variants have waiting upto 3 months.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 15:56   #817
BANNED

Quote:
Not heard back from the Toyota still. It's been almost 5 days. I have the car with me. But not using it as I do not want to take the risk of the issue once again.
It is concerning that your Toyota Service center has no clue why the DPF issue is happening nor any solution. And this is making you keep your vehicle parked till you hear from them.

Are there serious issues only with the Japanese DPF technology or is this across the board for all BS6 diesel vehicles with DPF? I am not seeing the DPF issue pop out in such proportions for other vehicles (still trying to search to prove myself wrong).

Also, I am hearing stories where Fortuner repairs are taking upwards of a month citing parts sourcing from Thailand. Is this true? Fortuner's don't break down often, but what happens when they do?
MetalClank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 17:31   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As for waiting period, I was told by many BHPians that petrol fortuners are made to order and waiting period may be longer. Weirdly, I am told petrol fortuners are readily available in stock (Espirit Toyota, Noida), whereas diesel variants have waiting upto 3 months.
Petrol Innova Crystas and Fortuners are made-to-order with 6-9 months waiting periods for outside the Delhi-NCR region. In Delhi-NCR they always have stock of both models in petrol, because this market is the largest, in terms of number of customers wanting petrols because of the 10-year Diesel Rule.

With diesel the 3-month waiting period is standard across the country, unless ofcourse one is ready to pay 1 - 1.25 Lakh over the OTR price to get faster delivery and an accessorized vehicle.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 7th August 2022 at 17:33.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 19:53   #819
BANNED

What Insurance packages and Maintenance packages from Toyota offer the most piece of mind & longest assurance for the Fortuner? Any suggestions?
Old 8th August 2022, 12:39   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
What Insurance packages and Maintenance packages from Toyota offer the most piece of mind & longest assurance for the Fortuner? Any suggestions?
Take insurance from outside with same coverage (Cashless + Zero Depp+ Retun to Invoice + Consumables) at half the cost. They quoted me 1.73 Lakhs, which I got it for 0.90. Extended warranty is 0.41 L but here you have no options. Also take Smile package costing 11,000/- which covers all consumables for 3 services.

———-

On the personal front, booked Fortuner 4x2 Automatic during 15th May 2022. Delivery was promised by Aug-Sep. Managed to get some influence and got it despatched from TKM on 20th July. Though the dealer, Galaxy Toyota, Dwarka, New Delhi offered delivery on 28th July, due to outstation trips from office, month end sales pressure and lack of auspicious day, took delivery on 04th August only. Faced various issues which made me to realise why Toyota is not able to do numbers despite being in India for more than 20+ years. They lack the human touch and customer-centric approach. Will explain few of them. In the meanwhile see the pic during the delivery. It was a heavy rainy day at Delhi, the 04th August 2022.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortuner-delivery.jpg

I have faced a few issues buying a car first time from Toyota stable which made me realise why such a good company/product in India plays a third of fourth fiddle always, and has to go behind Suzuki to help them do the numbers to stay relevant in our country even after 20+ years.

I have bought in the past many Suzukis, Ford, GM, Renault, Honda that too for a lesser value car, but never experienced this type of behaviour from company. Despite being a customer that spends 45+ Lakhs to buy a Toyota, the way Toyota or its dealers treat you leaves a lot to be desired, to be polite in making that statement.

1. They take you for granted that you come to their showroom which sells the best car in the country and therefore, there is no brochure, display car or a trained sales person required to attend to a customer. You walk into an empty showroom with 1-2 staff sitting and checking their respective mobile phones and an Urban cruiser and Hylex on display.

You want a Fortuner, no display car. Reason - It is selling on waiting period and therefore it is not possible to keep one.
Test Drive? Leave your mobile no. We will let you know when we can arrange it, entire Delhi has only one vehicle for a test drive.
Your variant? You must be joking to insist that you want to see your variant. It is not possible. You may go to the workshop and if you are lucky, an old car that came for service can be seen. Here too, the showroom in Dwarka, New Delhi doesn't have a service set-up. I have to go to Moti Nagar.
Brochure? No Chance. Go to the website.

All that you get is a price list where every possible additions are added, totaled and no discussion or negotiation is possible on what to take and what not to take.
You want to book one? 14-16 weeks waiting period. Pay 1 Lakh and go. Don't waste their precious time since you are a lesser mortal who has no option but Fortuner in their mind.

2. No help or assistance about any possible date of delivery. I was lucky that I could get a source who could help me pushing the delivery a bit and gott mine despatched by 20th July. The day they got the news that my ordered car is allotted, frantic calls from Dealership started for making full payment immediately. I had to say not to bother me so many times and I would make the payment before the car arrives. But got a threatening SMS saying that if you don't pay within 3 days, the car will be re-allotted to someone else. I got furious and went to the showroom and dared them to re-allocate to whomsoever they want. That is when they checked and realised that car was allotted to my order by TKM themselves and they can't do anything about it.

3. One more issue when I went to the showroom to know the exact amount of payment to be made. I told them that I didn't want the insurance from them at 1.73 Lakhs premium as I could easily get at 0.90 Lakhs from outside market matching all the benefits including "Return to Invoice" which they keep projecting as an exclusive benefit. The SA told me that he has to check whether they are interested in selling the car to me or not if Insurance is not taken from them. Only when they realised that the car is allotted by TKM and not by them their behavior changed and they agreed to whatever I demanded. Very sad how they treat the hapless customers and fleecing them.

4. I made the full payment on 28th but told them that I would take delivery on 04th August only. In the meantime thought of deciding on accessories. TEAM-BHPians in this thread mentioned the costs outside. Therefore, decided to take only electrical accessories from the showroom and the rest from outside. Searched the website links and realised Galio and GFX are the best ones. Called them up and they suggested me to come directly to their shops at Kashmere Gate to get the best prices. It is indeed so. For example, the Door cladding which is 18K to 22K at the showroom and 5.5K with online sites, I could get for 4K at Kashmere Gate. Will share a separate list showing the price differences of various accessories.

5. Among the accessories selected for showroom fitting, half of them are not available in stock with them. I am still waiting for Auto-closing ORVM and Rear and Front Underrun ordered.

6. Took delivery on 04th Aug. There was no knowledgeable person available in the showroom who could give me a demo of all functions and to explain the features of the car. Apple Car play didn't connect. One guy came to help. But he said he knew only Android Auto. But even that didn't connect. Miracast didn't work. Since it was raining heavily, I decided to come some other day to get these things resolved. But repeated visits till today did not resolve Apple Car Play and Miracast issues.

7. As if the above woes are not sufficient, I couldn't download the user manual as there was a mismatch of mobile no. They claim that the system picks up some random no. first and after updation by dealer, it takes 10 days for the correct mobile no. to appear. How do Toyota expect one to use the car without a manual for initial 10 days? User Manual should be the first thing to be given along with a new product. How come they get everything wrong at Toyota?

8. Now after waiting for 3 days for the issues to be resolved, I wrote to Toyota customer care at voc@toyota-kirloskar.co.in. I got a call back today and the CS executive is asking me whether I have given a customer feedback or if is it to be taken as a request or complaint? . Now I am holding my head and sitting. I am attaching the copy of mail sent.

Now I realised something my brother advised me. He suggested me to go for Audi or BMW at this price level. He said that Fortuners don't project a suaveness. Fortuner is nothing but arrogance. I didn't realise when he said this initially. Now I am realising that entire supply chain of Toyota is nothing but arrogance. Now I started thinking maybe they serve mostly to such customers and have become one of them.

Mail copy attached. I leave it to your judgment whether it is a feedback or complaint.

Name:  TOYOTA.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  104.1 KB

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th August 2022 at 16:29. Reason: Merging numerous back to back posts. Deleted some duplicate text. Minor language, spacing and paragraphing edits for readability.
srameshdelhi is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 14:59   #821
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srameshdelhi View Post
I have faced a few issues buying a car first time from Toyota stable which made me to realize why such a good company/product in India plays a third of fourth fiddle always, and has to go behind Suzuki to help them do the numbers to stay relevant in our country even after 20+ years..
This is extremely sad. It was a master stroke from you to get your allotment from TKM directly. BTW, the customer care number has NO help to offer on bookings, they keep deflecting it to the dealers.

I am seeing exact same behavior in Hyderabad Toyota showrooms also. They seem to have gotten into a mode of extreme over confidence and arrogance. To some extent, they are also bullied and pampered by the top brass for earlier deliveries, via influence and willingness to splurge.

To make matters worse, there was only just one showroom in entire Hyderabad until about 2 weeks ago.

Once booking amount is given, I have heard from many friends, they just don't call and update for those who booked on their own (those who booked with no influence and are not top brass). I am not sure what they would do if one decides to cancel and get the refund of 1L?

Plus the insurance scam is really concerning.
MetalClank is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 15:12   #822
BHPian

List of accessories fitted from Showroom and outside attached. Strongly advise not to go for Door Edge Light. I wasted 12500/- and learned that it is just 4 strips fitted in door giving a weak blue colour light which will get switched on only when you open the door. There is a fitment issue also and a complaint is raised to TKM for resolution. Since it off when the door is closed, it does not even improve the aesthetics in the night.

Hood emblem is available at 580/- outside but I preferred to go for Original as it is fitted on the bonnet that gets hot.

Door cladding is 2713.00 and not 4000/- as I mentioned in earlier post.

Going to Kashmere Gate is not so difficult like earlier days. Just a left from Ring Road after Nigambodh ghat and the road is smooth. Sufficient paid parking space is available. Just a 100/200-meter walk from parking, you can finish all your shopping of genuine auto parts and accessories at prices that you can't imagine. For such a saving, it is worth.

EDIT: Missed Attachment
Attached Files
File Type: docx Fortuner Accessories.docx (14.7 KB, 310 views)

Last edited by Axe77 : 8th August 2022 at 16:15. Reason: Back to back posts for missed attachment. Added text from previous post here.
srameshdelhi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:17   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
took delivery of 04th August
First things first - many congratulations on your Fortuner. Wishing you lacs of happy and safe km on it

Quote:
I have faced a few issues buying a car first time from Toyota stable
Sorry about your sub-par experience with Galaxy Toyota. From what I could gather, these seem to be more of dealership-specific issues than anything else. I say this based on my experience with a Toyota dealership here in Bangalore, from where I bought my Fortuner last year. That being said, sales guys from Toyota dealerships are not the most forthcoming and suave folks in the business, especially when it comes to Fortuner and Innova. The dominance that these two vehicles have managed to command in their respective segments has led to a certain degree of complacency, which is understandable but absolutely uncalled for. I too faced issues with availability of display/test-drive vehicles, as these were not readily available due to high demand and long waiting periods. I did get in touch with Toyota customer care on this and I was told that given the high demand and limited supply, they are prioritizing customer deliveries over dealership display/test-drive inventory, which is actually a customer-centric approach if you look at it. On the insurance front, I was able to wrestle a quote very close to the one from a third-party provider and hence went with the dealership itself.

I would sincerely suggest to put this not-so-great buying experience behind you and enjoy the Fortuner for what it is - a reliable and tough machine that will give you decades of motoring pleasure if maintained well. More importantly, your interaction with sales folks is over and now it is all about after-sales service, which should not disappoint you, based on my experience so far.

Congratulations once again, and welcome to the Fortuner family.

Last edited by cool_dube : 8th August 2022 at 16:24.
cool_dube is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:24   #824
BANNED

Quote:
I did get in touch with Toyota customer care on this and I was told that given the high demand and limited supply, they are prioritizing customer deliveries over dealership display/test-drive inventory, which is actually a customer-centric approach if you look at it.
Real Estate agents, Insurance agents and Car SAs have the best explanations for anything and everything. Why doesn't Toyota vehicles have panoramic roof? Answer : "Because glass can lower safety (as told to me)". Well then why does it even have windows if glass reduces safety? "Because its a structural weakness" How come other cars with solid safety rating have panoramic roofs?

Why don't dealerships have test drive/display vehicles? "Because we are prioritizing delivery over everything else!" Wow! With 3K Fortuner's sold per month, Toyota cannot figure out a rotating model for TDs in a city !!?

Last edited by MetalClank : 8th August 2022 at 16:26.
MetalClank is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:44   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
With 3K Fortuner's sold per month, Toyota cannot figure out a rotating model for TDs in a city !!?
Please understand that I am not trying to defend any brand or dealership here. It is solely up to the manufacturer and dealerships to arrive upon an optimal number of display and test-drive vehicles across branches/cities, and call is taken based on the demand vs. supply equation. If their order books are already overflowing with existing (read low) number of display/TD cars, why would they not prioritize customer deliveries and make money?

Anyways, my experience is from last year when TKM was just recuperating from Covid-19 inflicted lockdowns as well as labor trouble at their Bidadi plant, leading to further reduction in production capacities. The issues being faced by OP are certainly not justified. All that said, one has to admit that not every manufacturer is able to get away with blistering sales without provisioning for enough display/TD cars
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks