Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:10   #796
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Just wanted to get a feedback regarding the Sound system and speakers on the 4x2 Variant. I consider myself to be an audiophile and good music is a must during my drives.
The 4X2 Fortuner audio system is not for audiophiles. I would argue that the 4X4's 11 speaker system is also not that great, but yes, better than the 6 speaker set-up. If you are an audiophile, do upgrade the speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I would say there are 4-5 very crucial aspects in why people still pick a Fortuner over a Gloster:
1.) Top-most reason; Toyota's famed after-sales network and reliability. Chances of finding a Fortuner on a flatbed are very very low.
Unless of course, the color is black and the number ends in 003

Quote:
2.) A much better and more responsive engine; the 2.8L D-4D engine has absolutely no lag, the same just can't be said for the Gloster's 2.0L twin-turbo diesel even-though it produces 14PS more power, it's practically dead in the bottom RPMs.
3.) No many electronic nannies that can fail and bog you down.
4.) No gimmicky terrain modes to beat around the bush, some simple off-roading videos of a Gloster will give you an answer.
5.) Road-presence of a Fortuner out on the road is simply unbeatable with that chest-high bonnet.
While this list is quite exhaustive, i found a couple of more issues with the Gloster-

1. As compared to the Fortuner, the Gloster rolls a lot more. That i feel affects the driving confidence, and was a big factor for me not to consider it.

2. As a 4X4 machine, the Gloster is'nt as good as the Fortuner. The added weight, softer suspension are prime reasons and the not so good 4x4 hardware adds to it.

What the Gloster does provide over the Fortuner is a lot more space, a premium cabin and tons of features including the all important sunroof
achyutaghosh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 09:21   #797
BHPian

Quote:
I would say there are 4-5 very crucial aspects in why people still pick a Fortuner over a Gloster:
5.) Road-presence of a Fortuner out on the road is simply unbeatable with that chest-high bonnet.
Thank you. I think the Gloster has a good road presence as well. Perhaps if one is going to be chauffeured for the most part, the ride comfort becomes more important. I am thinking both the utes will probably toss the backseat passengers much more than crossovers. Just saw @achyutaghosh note that the Gloster actually rolls much more.

How does the waiting period compare in New Delhi for these SUVs? Even the out of date Kia Carnival seems to have a 3 to 4 month waiting period for delivery.

Last edited by THE-U- : 3rd August 2022 at 09:23.
THE-U- is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:12   #798
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I wanted to update you all on the DPF issues I'm having with my May 2022 , 4x4 AT. I got the error " DPF full , please visit the dealer" last sunday. The car had about 7800 kms on the odo when I got this error. I took it to the dealer and they cleared the error and was back on the road.
After approximately 200 kms , I got the same error again and had to visit the dealer. The service center is saying that my is having the new injectors and this is the first time they are seeing the DPF issue in a 2022 make car. They have contacted the Toyota guys and I'm yet to get an update on why this issue is happening and what would be the solution. The SA say's they will most probably replace the injectors and other components.
I will keep you guys posted on the progress.
arundeepbv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:07   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-U- View Post
Did any of you Fortuner owners seriously consider the Gloster? What made you pick the Fortuner?
To be frank, I did not even consider the Gloster as an alternate choice, let alone see it in flesh or take a test drive. In addition to all the points listed above by others, somewhere in my subconscious, its controversial pedigree had a part to play, I guess. With Ford leaving India and Isuzu least interested in selling their trucks here, one does not have a whole lot of options when it comes to BOF 4x4 SUVs.

Quote:
Just wanted to get a feedback regarding the Sound system and speakers on the 4x2 Variant
The 11-speaker setup in my 4x4 MT leaves me wanting at times, and I am not an audiophile, mind you. So, I expect the 6-speaker setup in the 4x2 to be very ordinary. Be mentally (and financially) prepared for an upgrade.

Quote:
Would have gone for the 4x4 AT but we absolutely have no use for the 4x4 capabilities
Great decision - makes absolute sense Not only do you save a few lacs but also get better ride quality with those 17-inch wheels and thicker sidewalls, not to mention A/T footwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
I wanted to update you all on the DPF issues I'm having with my May 2022 , 4x4 AT
Thanks for the update. Could you please share your usage pattern? Is the car primarily driven in city traffic? Also, have the DPF auto-regeneration cycles been regular so far? Did you get any alert to trigger manual regeneration before being prompted to visit the dealer? Apologies for as many questions but this is an important issue and it would be good to better understand the symptoms.

Also, I presume the service center folks cleared the DPF and not just the error. Right?

Last edited by cool_dube : 3rd August 2022 at 11:14.
cool_dube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:20   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks for the update. Could you please share your usage pattern? Is the car primarily driven in city traffic? Also, have the DPF auto-regeneration cycles been regular so far? Did you get any alert to trigger manual regeneration before being prompted to visit the dealer? Apologies for as many questions but this is an important issue and it would be good to better understand the symptoms.

Also, I presume the service center folks cleared the DPF and not just the error. Right?
The usage is mainly highway. The auto-regeneration used to happen regularly and did not have any issue until last Sunday. I did not get any alerts for the manual generation both the times. After the first cleaning of the DPF , it got clogged in about 200kms. No request for a manual regeneration.
arundeepbv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:24   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The usage is mainly highway. The auto-regeneration used to happen regularly and did not have any issue until last Sunday. I did not get any alerts for the manual generation both the times. After the first cleaning of the DPF , it got clogged in about 200kms. No request for a manual regeneration.
Thank you for the update. Can you be specific about the last few hundreds of kms just before the first incident ? Were the last 250 kms before the DPF clogged first time in highway or city ? What about the 200 kms after the first incident ? Was that also highway ? What was the duration of these drives ? Were all these at least half hour in duration ? Please forgive us for troubling you with a lot of questions, this is something all of us are very concerned about. If you have configured the dreaded carrot app, you will get all these information there.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 3rd August 2022 at 12:29.
Old 3rd August 2022, 14:11   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Thank you for the update. Can you be specific about the last few hundreds of kms just before the first incident ? Were the last 250 kms before the DPF clogged first time in highway or city ? What about the 200 kms after the first incident ? Was that also highway ? What was the duration of these drives ? Were all these at least half hour in duration ? Please forgive us for troubling you with a lot of questions, this is something all of us are very concerned about. If you have configured the dreaded carrot app, you will get all these information there.
Both the times the car was on a highway. The second incident happened on the way back to Bangalore from Mysore.

I understand your concern, what I think is, ideally irrespective of the city or highway, the auto regeneration should take of the DPF. After going through the forum, I understand that Toyota was able to fix this issue, not sure what is the issue with my car. It's been two days and I'm still waiting to hear from Toyota

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2022 at 16:48. Reason: Spacing, grammatical errors
arundeepbv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 14:32   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I understand your concern, what I think is, ideally irrespective of the city or highway, the auto regeneration should take of the DPF. After going through the forum, I understand that Toyota was able to fix this issue, not sure what is the issue with my car. It's been two days and I'm still waiting to hear from Toyota
True, but for auto regen to start, the car should attain the required temperature, which happens only if the car is running for more than 20-30 mins. It is not the low-speed drive that creates the problem in typical DPF problems, it is the short-duration drive. In your case, you were on highway both times, so it is unexplainable. Hope it gets fixed soon.
padmrajravi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:46   #804
BANNED

https://www.withyouhamesha.com/blogs...eneration.aspx << A good and simple article on DPF regen..re-affirms the points above (engine needs to attain a specific temperature etc)
MetalClank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:09   #805
Distinguished - BHPian

Celebrating 60 Years of existence, Toyota refreshes Fortuner in Thailand.

Quote:
Toyota Thailand launched an improved version of their fairly popular SUV, the Toyota Fortuner. This time, Toyota will adjust the new line-up under the fortuner name "Leader generation". Divided into 3 main variants, namely Leader, Legender, and GR Sport. The Leader type replaces the standard type with a similar appearance to the Legender version. That means, the type with a similar appearance like the G type or VRZ here is no longer marketed for the Thai market.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortuner860x474.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-fortunerleader.jpg

What are the Differences?

Quote:
The Toyota Fortuner Leader comes with a new front grille, new front and rear bumpers, black side steps, black rear garnish, new 18-inch alloy wheels like the Legender type, and a Leader badge. In the interior there is an auto-dimming center mirror, paddle shift, an 8-inch head-unit with Android Auto and Apple Car Play, leather seats, electric seats and dual-zone air conditioning. Its safety systems include Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Trailer Sway Control, Hill Start Assist, traction control, and Stability control.
Quote:
For the price, the 2.4 Leader G variant is flagged at 1,371,000 baht (Rp 564 Million), 2.4 Leader V price 1,490,000 baht (Rp 612 Million), and 2.4 Leader V 4WD 1,560,000 baht (Rp 641 Million).
Prices range from INR 29.9 lakhs to INR 34.1 lakhs.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 21:36   #806
Distinguished - BHPian

DPF Q&A answered by Lakozy Toyota’s service personnel.

EDIT: Realised these are quite basic questions and don’t really answer the major problems with DPF

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 3rd August 2022 at 21:44.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 08:51   #807
BANNED

https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...caa716216f8817

Under the hood, the Fortuner Leader gets a smaller 2.4L turbo-diesel that pushes out 150 PS of max power and 400 Nm of peak torque. The gearbox on duty is a 6-speed automatic transmission.

This is good news I think, a lower price point will attract more buyers for sure. Wondering when will this get launched in India?

Also, unable to find any new additions (gizmos etc) other than some facelift (new grill etc)?
Old 4th August 2022, 22:17   #808

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Hi friends
I own a 2019 Audi Q3 Petrol premium plus and now looking for a change. My plans is to stick to sub 50 lac range and hence looking up to Fortuner 4x2 AT diesel.
Do you suggest going for it or any other model?
I’d recommend you to take the test ride of Jeep Compass Trailhawk Diesel. Offers premium quality interiors, great power, compact dimensions and a PANORAMIC SUNROOF (Sorry Fortuner) Plus you can save a good amount of money. You won’t feel much of a difference coming from an Q3. But if you want the road presence and ferry 5+ people around then fortuner is the go to option.
shubham1107 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 11:34   #809
BHPian

Actually going for the 2.7 petrol engine is not a bad idea. However, if you are not getting the 4X4 option, there is not much point in getting the Fortuner. I would recommend you to go for the Innova Crystal petrol. Here are a few advantages:
  1. Significantly cheaper than the Fortuner.
  2. More comfortable, especially the captain seats in the second row.
  3. Better fuel economy.
  4. Since it weighs less than the Fortuner, you will experience higher power/weight ratio and enjoy driving it.

I hope this perspective helps. Happy driving!
mohitchalla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 11:44   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham1107 View Post
I’d recommend you to take the test ride of Jeep Compass Trailhawk Diesel. Offers premium quality interiors, great power, compact dimensions and a PANORAMIC SUNROOF (Sorry Fortuner) Plus you can save a good amount of money. You won’t feel much of a difference coming from an Q3. But if you want the road presence and ferry 5+ people around then fortuner is the go to option.
I don't think i would suggest Jeep Compass to anyone as of now. The car has been plagued with interior rattling and electronic issues. A quick search on the forum itself will show you how many people are facing such problems. The engine and the transmission while potent on power, have been criticized by everyone for being not upto the task. Just check the Fortuner's resale in the aftermarket, all the money paid upfront is easily worth it for reliability, excellent service and affordable costs, and resale value. Also, the Jeep's interior while premium, are not in the league of the german marquees.

If somebody prefers features and a sunroof (panoramic or not), there are much better options in this segment than the Jeep in my opinion.
Doonite is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks