Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 17:05   #661
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
Thanks Bhupesh! I forgot tor mention that I am not keeping the Thar. Parking for a 3rd car is a problem. I will need 4X4 or at least an AWD to reach all the way up my estate in chikamangalur. In rainy season 2 wheel drive vehicles won’t make it.
Well in that case, look no further than the Fortuner 4x4. A very capable vehicle off road as well as on it. And yes, the stock highway tyres aren't that great. Swap them with a good set of All Terrains preferably something like the BF Goodrich KO2s to further enhance the off road capabilities of the vehicle. And since it's a Toyota, the ownership experience should be hassle free. Don't forget to buy extended warranty as well for added peace of mind.
yatesh.92 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 17:13   #662
BHPian

Any feedback on how the
- 11 Speaker setup in 4x4s compare against the 6 speaker setup in 4x2
- The quad lamp setup in Legender compare against the bi-beam setup in regular variant, specially for highway night drives.
Old 6th June 2022, 17:26   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Any feedback on how the
- The quad lamp setup in Legender compare against the bi-beam setup in regular variant, specially for highway night drives.
The 6 speaker setup is bang average and i would get an infraction if i were to express my true feelings.
I kid you not, music system on a tiago will outclass this.

Replied to your PM on the second query.
Doonite is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 19:16   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to my question- how comfortable do you guys think fortuner is? Will my family keep cursing me for another 5-7 years until my next change? Any other alternatives to Fortuner, or should I stick with XUV 700 and save some money? Appreciate your thoughts!
My suggestion is to stick with the XUV700. It works very well for your use case. I'm guessing you would have gone for the 7 seater auto AWD with luxury pack. It has much better features than Fortuner.

Another option to consider is the Tata Safari where the 2nd row captain seats with ventilation will be very useful practically for your use case.

The Fortuner is going to be redesigned soon and while very reliable, the features (or the lack of them) simply does not justify the price tag. The ride quality is not good as a highway cruiser and an Innova would be a more comfortable and reliable package along with the XUV or a Safari that all meet your use case.

I know money is not a consideration for you but if you want to buy a product that's better then Fortuner, the Alturas is still a very good option to consider. If it keeps getting sold, there would not be a reason for Mahindra to cancel it anytime soon. It's a catch 22 situation. It is L. O. A. D. E. D. with features.

One thing that well to do folks should also think about is support to Indian companies. This has become a factor to consider in the current geopolitical space as well. If not Indians, who else would think about India... Just my 2 cents.

Happy hunting.
PowerSpike is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 01:17   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to my question- how comfortable do you guys think Fortuner is?
Looking at your prospective usage and requirements, the Fortuner 4x4 makes the best case for itself as it's a beast to drive, solid on the highway and with Toyota's no-fuss after sales and reliability, it's a package hard to ignore. Unfortunately, there are no real alternatives to the car per se, and the only fly-in-the-ointment is the ride quality which can be subjective. However, since you'll be graduating from a Thar experience, if you keep the tyre pressures to 29 PSI as a lot of fellow members have been suggesting, I think you and your family will be quite fine. Still, it'll be a good idea to have a longish test drive on all surfaces with the tyre pressure set right and you'll know all you need to know. All the best!

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th June 2022 at 03:08. Reason: fixed the quote.
Revvman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 11:20   #666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Any feedback on how the
11 speaker unit is certainly better than 6 speaker setup which is below average. The 11 speaker unit has good clarity but not punchy bass. Also speaker at rear are not very loud. I like the setup as this doesnot cause headache and can listen at higher volumes for longer duration.

Quad lamp from Legender has better spread and intensity too, checked while car was stationery. Haven't checked while driving hence cannot comment how much better it is when driving.
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 23:20   #667
BHPian

Quote:
I am in a serious dilemma! Looking for a 7 seater. Booked XUV 700 and delivery is scheduled for next month. Due to the “great resignation” I extended my budget to 70L. Now the real problem starts. Took a test drive of GLA AMG35. Loved the vehicle, but wife rejected due to cramped seating and low or no trunk space with the spare wheel in the trunk. Gloster- Dint like the looks and the MG branding, features are impressive. Jeep meridian - Looks good, but 168BHP, feel it’s underpowered for a huge SUV - a stretched compass. Alturas - Looks again and not sure when Mahindra will stop this model. Skoda kodaiq: Sold out till 2023, was actually an option considering the features and comfort(monocoque). Volvo XC 40 also out due to less trunk space. Next was XC60 (little ove the budget)and wife came with a new suggestion to get a 7 seater so that we can take the canine companion along. Now I am back to square one, my first love - Fortuner. I feel there is absolutely no other 7 seater in the market.

I use my 2016 thar as a daily commuter and highway use. Prefer thar over my polo due to the seating position and driving polo gives me knee pain. Even though I enjoy long drives on thar, it’s not the case with my wife and son. It’s too bumpy and wife curses the thar (and me) the whole 8-10 hours(even in sleep :P).

Coming to my question- how comfortable do you guys think fortuner is? Will my family keep cursing me for another 5-7 years until my next change? I took a test drive and I m really happy with the beast. Both front and middle row seems ok for me considering my thar experience. Wife had an ok impression about fortuner, ride quality is better than Thar, interior is ok, no sunroof. S”The only time I take family on fortuner is going to be family visits to Wayanad, Chikmagalur, mangalore and vacations(mostly highways). And I can enjoy the bad roads in bangalore without caring about the potholes like the way I do in my thar. Any other alternatives to Fortuner, or should I stick with XUV 700 and save some money? Appreciate your thoughts!
The XUV700 will be fine for the highway driving you talked about. it is also comfortable. Its limitations show up when you get into difficult terrain and when petrol stations are few and far between due to the small tank. You won't regret riding the XUV with all its bells and whistles. The only thing is it is not an off-roader, although it wants to claim otherwise
Old 9th June 2022, 00:59   #668
BHPian

Hi all! I am in a dilemma here. I own 2020 pre-facelift 4x2 AT model. I recently got a offer for it which is bit more than OTR price I paid. Does it make sense to sell it and get a new one?

For new 4x2 AT, I will have to shell out around 4 lakh and for that I will get newer model+dual zone climate control+ ventilated seats+different coloured interior. I will miss the 11 speaker system that's available in 4x4 model only, which is further 4 lakh away. Car will never see a dirt road let alone off-road trails.

Should I get a newer one and if so which one? Or should I continue with my existing one?
Stolidus500 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 04:40   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Hi all! I am in a dilemma here. I own 2020 pre-facelift 4x2 AT model. I recently got a offer for it which is bit more than OTR price I paid. Does it make sense to sell it and get a new one?
SELL IT!!!

Point 1: Sell it! And get a new one.

Point 2: About the 4x4, well that depends if you value the additional features for the 4L. Just look at your usage say a couple of years down the line. Would you regret not getting it for the better sound system and a capability of 4x4 in case you ever plan to go somewhere off your normal track?
navpreet318 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 06:29   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all! I am in a dilemma here. I own 2020 pre-facelift 4x2 AT model. I recently got a offer for it which is bit more than OTR price I paid. Does it make sense to sell it and get a new one

Should I get a newer one and if so which one? Or should I continue with my existing one?
If affordability is not a constraint, please go for 4x4 AT, and then you will enjoy for the time to come! It is loaded and is a good improvement over your current one.
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 10:12   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Point 1: Sell it! And get a new one.
Point 2: About the 4x4, well that depends if you value the additional features for the 4L. Just look at your usage say a couple of years down the line. Would you regret not getting it for the better sound system and a capability of 4x4 in case you ever plan to go somewhere off your normal track?
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
If affordability is not a constraint, please go for 4x4 AT, and then you will enjoy for the time to come! It is loaded and is a good improvement over your current one.
Thanks for the advice!
Buyer is now backtracking on his quote by 50k. Let's see where it goes. I had a booking for Crysta with dealership which I was going to cancel, now will upgrade to Fortuner. They have quoted a waiting period of 3 months. I have informally asked them for both automatic variants, whichever arrives first.

Will update on how this unfolds.
Stolidus500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 12:25   #672
BHPian

Quote:

For new 4x2 AT, I will have to shell out around 4 lakh and for that I will get newer model+dual zone climate control+ ventilated seats+different coloured interior. I will miss the 11 speaker system that's available in 4x4 model only, which is further 4 lakh away. Car will never see a dirt road let alone off-road trails.

As per your usage you wont need a 4x4 hence no point in shelling out an extra 4 lakhs for a better sound system, you can always get a good system installed within the 50k- 1 lakh range depending on your requirement and budget.

You should definitey go for the 4x2 A/T , makes absolute sense if you are getting a good price for your present 2020 fortuner. I am waiting for mine,booked in last week march hopefully should get it in july.

The way toyota increases prices,i am sure by the time i replace it in the 3rd year of ownership,i will get what i paid for it
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 12:32   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Finally after a lot of deliberation, bookings and cancellations, I decided on the 4x4 AT in the guise of Super White. My XUV700 booking needs to be canceled and not surprisingly, the dealer wouldn’t even respond to my cancellation requests. I guess I’ll have to pay a personal visit to get this done.
A short update from my story. I was expecting a call around E'Jun as the committed lead time was 60 days, but to my surprise, my 4x4 AT in Super-white has reached the stockyard and is ready for registration/delivery

I guess, Toyota has this habit of under committing and over delivering, which is not a bad thing. I am figuring out my finances in this week and should be able to complete all the formalities by next week. I have decided to take the delivery on 20-Jun. With no clear instructions on BH Registration in the state of KA, I have to bite the bullet of ₹ 700,000 as road taxes .

On the discounts, there's pretty much nothing that the dealer is offering and is asking me to consider some accessories which can be offered with some discounts. Regarding the insurance, I have asked the dealer to either match the quote from ACKO or allow me to choose. ACKO is 54k for regular one and 70k for Bumper-Bumper. Any suggestions by the members here?

On the accessories,
  • Toyota-approved dash-cam from the dealer
  • Pharaoh 3D mats from 3DMatsIndia. I was assured by them that they are exactly the same as Kagu 3D mats. I just hope, I am not disappointed by the quality. The mats cost me ₹ 10,400 (3 rows) plus ₹ 5,700 (boot liner).
  • I decided against the dealer-fitted 360 deg camera

I am planning to do a PDI on 13-Jun after which I plan to handover the money to the dealer. I have the PDI checklist from T-BHP handy and plan to put it to use.

I need some suggestions on where I can get my tires swapped from HT to say Yokohama ATs or BF Goodrich ATs. Is there a store in Bangalore that someone can recommend, who can offer a good deal?

After a very long time, I have this excitement as a small kid getting his hands on his favorite game/toy that he dreamt of. I guess, this is not bad. I will be posting the pictures once I get my hands on it.
hellraizer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 13:56   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
ACKO is 54k for regular one and 70k for Bumper-Bumper. Any suggestions by the members here?
On the accessories,
  • Toyota-approved dash-cam from the dealer
I need some suggestions on where I can get my tires swapped from HT to say Yokohama ATs or BF Goodrich ATs. Is there a store in Bangalore that someone can recommend, who can offer a good deal?
Congratulations. Better to pick a dash cam outside. Most of the accessories from Toyota are over priced and quality isn't great barring few. For BFG you can check 6th mile customs, Madhu's and Tire Empire. If you don't upgrade suspension or don't plan frequent OTR's get a Pirelli Scorpion ATR. When it comes to looks, nothing beats BFG though.

Last edited by PrideRed : 9th June 2022 at 14:09.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 19:03   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
As per your usage you wont need a 4x4 hence no point in shelling out an extra 4 lakhs for a better sound system, you can always get a good system installed within the 50k- 1 lakh range depending on your requirement and budget.
Hello! Thanks for your reply. Here's the thing, I won't be upgrading the music system ever unless it conks off. Even if the installer is super careful, a single plastic gets scratched or improper fitment will do my head in. Secondly, in my area I don't know if anybody meets my need. Therefore the 4x4 dilemma. So, I have left it on Toyota gods, I will accept whatever they bestow upon me the quickest provided my existing car gets sold.

Today I spoke to a used car dealer, he told me about a 4x4 pearl white ready for delivery at some dealership in Punjab. I was sure he would charge something extra, So I didn't press him for further details. I can pass his details to you if want to have a discussion with him.
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks