Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2022, 17:45   #511
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
This is the same guy CEF_Beast had shared. I had pinged him on Insta and he quoted 45k. The cost seemed on the higher side, no?

The Toyota OE camera is around 30k i guess.
Yes, the same guy as shared by CEF! The cost does seem to be higher. However, this also comes with a DVR. Does the Toyota OE camera come with a DVR?!
A certain premium for DVR is justified, I think.

Regards,
Powertrain
Old 6th February 2022, 10:09   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Is dual zone climate control a part of the MY22 offering, if so which models get it. The SA mentioned that all MY22 models get dual zone climate control.
Yes, all variants irrespective of petrol or diesel, manual or automatic and 4x2 or 4x4 get dual zone AC as standard.

Quote:
Also is the auto off a part of the MY22, I remember someone mentioning in the forum that its been removed.
4x2 variants lose out on the auto start-stop function, only 4x4 AT variants get it now.
Old 8th February 2022, 14:39   #513
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has revealed a new limited-run special edition of the Fortuner for the Thailand market.

Based on the standard Fortuner, the new Fortuner Commander is limited to 1,000 units.

The silver and chrome insets on the bumpers and skid plate are finished in black.

Name:  20220208123546_Fortuner_Commander_front.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  91.5 KB

The Fortuner Commander sits on the same alloys as the Legender with the roof also finished in a contrasting shade of black.

Name:  20220208123546_Fortuner_Commander_rear.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  69.4 KB

Inside, the Fortuner Commander gets a dual-tone dark red and black leather upholstery, similar to the India-spec Fortuner Legender.

Name:  20220208123546_Fortuner_Commander_interior.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  65.6 KB

The Fortuner Commander also gets some additional features over the standard SUV including a 360-degree camera, blind spot monitor and a rear cross-traffic alert.

Toyota has tweaked the suspension on the special edition model and claims that it offers improved ride quality as compared to the regular Fortuner.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th February 2022 at 14:43.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 19:58   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota has revealed a new limited-run special edition of the Fortuner for the Thailand market.
Based on the standard Fortuner, the new Fortuner Commander is limited to 1,000 units.
Here comes the 50 lakh ex-showroom Fortuner
And given how the market is, it will be lapped up in record time i guess.
Old 16th February 2022, 06:42   #515
Senior - BHPian

This thread has been silent for too long, let me post couple of recent pictures of Don to revive it
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-photo_1644934255369.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-photo_1644973901700.jpg  

getsurya is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 13:05   #516
Senior - BHPian

Here is my dusty Fortuner in a morning beach drive. The top half is fully covered in dust because the owner is too lazy to even take it for a wash. No PPF or Ceramic coating. I don't expect this shine to last much anyway. My way of dealing with dusty cars will be considered borderline abusive in this forum.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-photo1644986735.jpeg

Completed 3500 kms now. I have gotten used to the gearbox and can now make it shift down using accelerator modulation. MID always shows more than 11 KMPL in my mix of highway and city driving. If what is shown is correct, then the mileage is higher than my Hexa which used to hover around 10 KMPL in the same scenario. Ride quality remains a concern. I realized the bounciness varies a lot between just 1-2 PSI of tire pressure. So I strictly maintain 29 PSI and it is acceptable.
padmrajravi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 13:14   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
This thread has been silent for too long, let me post couple of recent pictures of Don to revive it
Looks great with the lift and the fatter tyres do help in that muscular stance. Still waiting for that ownership thread with all the modifications done!

And with the chrome bits blacked out, you can say your’s is the first Fortuner Commander (that was launched in Thailand) in India

Noticed the changed Toyota logos, are they available in India or do they have to be imported from Thailand/Indonesia?
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 06:22   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Looks great with the lift and the fatter tyres do help in that muscular stance. Still waiting for that ownership thread with all the modifications done!

And with the chrome bits blacked out, you can say your’s is the first Fortuner Commander (that was launched in Thailand) in India

Noticed the changed Toyota logos, are they available in India or do they have to be imported from Thailand/Indonesia?
Hi CEF Beasts, thank you for your kind words! I have to do some edits to my ownership thread before I resubmit it to mods.

The Toyota logos were purchased from an earlier friend and the rear one is a tad smaller than desired. I was told that they are from Thailand.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 14:51   #519
BHPian

Quote:
This is the same guy CEF_Beast had shared. I had pinged him on Insta and he quoted 45k. The cost seemed on the higher side, no?

The Toyota OE camera is around 30k i guess.
Cost quoted by dealer for Toyota branded camera was 29500/- but it was out of stock due to incompatibility or some overheating issues as quoted by dealer. Dealer offered Modiber make camera costing around Rs. 45k. It functions pretty well and has recording option with USB pen drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainik View Post
Legender 4 x 4 AT

I have been told that in January, 2022, no Legender 4x4 AT stand dispatched to any dealer in India.

Is it so? Also is there any method to keep track of one booking except following up with dealer i.e. to say whether toyota provides any order tracking service.
Hope youhave received some updates on your car. My car reached dealer's warehouse on 22nd Jan. Dealer continuously provided updates from dispatch till arrival at warehouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMo View Post
Did a 970 KM trip. Due to the speed alarm drove below 120. Returned an overall fuel efficiency of 12.5 KM/L by tank to tank method while MID was showing 12.6 KM/L. I was expecting around 11 and happy to get more
Currently overall in office commute I am getting 9.1kmpl as showing on MID.

Quote:
The current OE Toyota 360 camera is incompatible with 2021 onward Fortuners that received the Android Auto enabled head unit. Bummer
You may have to consider non OE options.
One may consider Modiber which is costlier than OEM but has some added functionalities and works pretty well with default head unit provided on the car.

Has anyone tried 'Toyota Smart Link' app and 'Carot' app? Please, share feedback.
Old 19th February 2022, 14:57   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
C

Has anyone tried 'Toyota Smart Link' app and 'Carot' app? Please, share feedback.
Both are useless apps. Smart link does not have any compatible apps. Carot app can track trips and give you real-time locations. It can also help set up geo fencing. I haven't been able to make geofencing work, but other functionalities do work. Carot's user interface is from the 80s and difficult to understand.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 12:12   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Both are useless apps. Carot's user interface is from the 80s and difficult to understand.
I couldn't agree more, the features and usability aspect of Carot is pathetic. I recollect it used to show the max speed info, but unable to find it anymore.
gadadhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 16:59   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I couldn't agree more, the features and usability aspect of Carot is pathetic. I recollect it used to show the max speed info, but unable to find it anymore.
I can't add expletives for Minda owned Carot product and app as it is against our forum rules. This one, Toyota did favor their vendor without much diligence on the product, in India. I was very happy reading about Toyota Connected app in the pre-launch rumors, as in other countries it has remote start feature which I really like! That was not to be and to top it all, this Carot product which is third rated and can't even get the simple vehicle parameters correctly.
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 22:31   #523
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to purchase a traction board that I can keep in my car's boot. Came across a few links in Amazon

https://www.amazon.in/Green-Colour-T...dp/B071R84LQT/

Does anybody here have any experience using these? Most amazon links have reviews where people state the board broke on their first use. For something as simple as hard plastic, it seems expensive and unreliable. Please provide any pointers to reliable ones if anybody has used them.

I had a scare at the drive in beach near my home today. It is a beach that I had explored countless times in 2 wheel drive cars. Today, my car got stuck and it kept spinning even after slotting to 4H. It was 6 o clock in the morning and I had my 2 year old daughter with me. She had sensed something was wrong and was about to cry. Just when I thought I will have to request local fishermen to help me, it came out when I floored out of desperation. May be not the best thing to do. The whole ordeal was over in under 1-2 minutes.

I then tried to reach home soon and forgot about the fact that 4H was still on. Realized it only after reaching home driving about 7 kms in the state highway at about 40-50 kmph. I remember forum posts mentioning not to drive the Fortuner on the hard roads in 4H. Hopefully, nothing has happened. Now that I have lost trust in the hard surface of that beach, I need to have a back up plan. Hence the search for sand ladders.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 27th February 2022 at 22:35.
Old 27th February 2022, 22:42   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I am trying to purchase a traction board that I can keep in my car's boot. Came across a few links in Amazon

I had a scare at the drive in beach near my home today. It is a beach that I had explored countless times in 2 wheel drive cars. Today, my car got stuck and it kept spinning even after slotting to 4H.
Any idea why did the car get stuck if 2 wheel drives had no issues? Was it due to the huge weight of Fortuner?
Old 27th February 2022, 23:39   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Any idea why did the car get stuck if 2 wheel drives had no issues? Was it due to the huge weight of Fortuner?
Nope, I go there every week in my Fortuner ever since I got it six months ago. It has never got stuck or even needed accelerator input let alone 4H there till now.

I think it is because the beach's texture changed with the outset of summer. The days are hot now and sand has gotten very loose in some parts unlike the slightly wet hard texture it ussually had. After I came out, a Crysta that spent the night at the beach camping also got stuck. It had to be rescued using coconut leaves as make shift traction board. A local told me a bolero pickup that came to take fish also got stuck at the same place the other day. I think my car came out on its own only because of 4x4.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 27th February 2022 at 23:43.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks