Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 09:23   #541
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
A question for the latest 200 bhp Fortuner Diesel guys. Is the clutch heavy? Like can I use it in traffic in day to day life?

I am not getting an idea of the same as no one in my friend circle has the latest Fortuner and the test drive one's just cannot trust as they might be abused.
Clutch is fine for city traffic. I would not call it heavy. But if you are getting a Manual (mine is), make sure you are comfortable slotting it into reverse. The reverse gear is a real pain. I broke my left collar bone long back and because of that I cannot slot the Fortuner into reverse with one hand, I have to use both hands.
raghukodali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 11:41   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghukodali View Post
Clutch is fine for city traffic. I would not call it heavy. But if you are getting a Manual (mine is), make sure you are comfortable slotting it into reverse. The reverse gear is a real pain. I broke my left collar bone long back and because of that I cannot slot the Fortuner into reverse with one hand, I have to use both hands.
I have a 2021 Manual as well but slotting reverse is smooth for me. Yes for first timers to know how to slot reverse is tricky ( for me too initially)
Old 11th March 2022, 23:50   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I did TD of same last week. It's heavy to use but with imt button pressed jerks are less and gearbox works smoothly. So maybe it should be ok but not completely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Certainly an issue with the test-drive car. Please try another vehicle/dealer.

The clutch is not super heavy. As a matter of fact, it is quite light for a 2.5 ton mammoth that the Fortuner is. That said, if intended usage is primarily city driving, AT is certainly the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMo View Post
Clutch is neither light nor heavy, it's heavier than Ertiga and lighter than MG Hector. Hope you get what I am saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghukodali View Post
Quote:
I have a 2021 Manual as well but slotting reverse is smooth for me. Yes for first timers to know how to slot reverse is tricky ( for me too initially)
Thank you guys for the insights. The question was because I am very finicky about my clutches. I find the Swift Diesel's heavy too in traffic, so if its heavier than that, then it would be a problem for me, anyway, I will test drive.

I had one more question for the one's owning automatic fortuners, the latest one's mainly.

When in D, if you start using the paddle shifters, does it behave like how it does in S. By this I mean, does it start increasing the numbers without any corresponding increase in gears. I know in S, its the maximum allowable gear that is changing when you pull the paddles and than actually the gears that are shifting, but how is it in D when you start shifting?

Say for example, I am at 20 kmph in 1st gear in D, I pulled the + one, it will change to 2nd and then I pulled the + one again but the computer thinks you can't shift to 3rd at 20, will it show D3 without shifting or will it not do anything?
Old 12th March 2022, 00:23   #544
BHPian

Quote:
I had one more question for the one's owning automatic fortuners, the latest one's mainly.

When in D, if you start using the paddle shifters, does it behave like how it does in S. By this I mean, does it start increasing the numbers without any corresponding increase in gears. I know in S, its the maximum allowable gear that is changing when you pull the paddles and than actually the gears that are shifting, but how is it in D when you start shifting?

Say for example, I am at 20 kmph in 1st gear in D, I pulled the + one, it will change to 2nd and then I pulled the + one again but the computer thinks you can't shift to 3rd at 20, will it show D3 without shifting or will it not do anything?
In upshift it will not do anything i.e not change the gear however number changes. Very confusing.

However on downshift both gear change and display changes accurately i.e at 60 if you use paddle shifter to downshift then both gear and number changes in sync.
Old 12th March 2022, 09:25   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The paddles are only to limit gears. However once you understand the engine and gear shifting pattern, paddles can be used to change gears. For example if you are at D3 with higher RPM or redlining, click the upshift paddle to D4 and you will see gear change. While upshift is not guaranteed everytime as that will depend on you speed and engine RPM, downshift will happen always instantaneously.
In your example, MID will show D3 and gear will change when possible but won't go beyond 3rd until you click + paddle again.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 10:16   #546
BHPian

Are the headlight setup in the Legender more powerful than in the regular Fortuner or do they have pretty much the same illumination and throw ? Also how is the music system in the legender 2WD compared to the 11 speaker setup in the 4WD
Old 13th March 2022, 11:43   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Are the headlight setup in the Legender more powerful than in the regular Fortuner?
Yes, absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Also how is the music system in the legender 2WD compared to the 11 speaker setup in the 4WD
Quite mediocre, in comparison. It is a very basic 6-speaker system, sub-par to the ones found in cars costing less than one-fourth the price of the Legender! Not sure what made Toyota do this
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 09:59   #548
BHPian

Found the horn in Fortuner to be mediocre. Has anyone upgraded to something else, say European horns?
Old 15th March 2022, 11:14   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Found the horn in Fortuner to be mediocre. Has anyone upgraded to something else, say European horns?
There are folks who have swapped with Hella and Denso. You can try some of these.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:17   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have upgraded my Fortuner's horns to Denso with a relay. Very happy with the outcome!! I try not to use it much, though
getsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 08:04   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
The sales person is feeding you nonsense, there has to be some problem in the steering assembly with the test drive vehicle. Forget Fortuner, there should be no kat kat or any sound from the steering while going over bad roads or otherwise in the steering of any car unless there is some issue with the specific unit.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Certainly an issue with the test-drive car. Please try another vehicle/dealer.
So an update test drove another vehicle from competition dealer. The noise isn’t there. However I was made aware that there could be mfg defect possibly in the steering shaft which is leading to the noise.

Lately learned from my friend who knows a person who had bought a new 4*4 fortuner and it developed noise in steering system on day 2 within 200 kms. After a few weeks the dealer replaced the entire steering shaft and rod under UWC.
Imagine the plight of new owner, spending this amount of money and getting a bad quality part that too a critical element steering. Quality indeed seems to be going down of Toyota and cost cutting is very well evidently. The lesser said the better. That person is very disappointed with Toyota’s legendary QC going out of window.

Now eagerly awaiting to see in flesh the Hilux. Appeals more than fortuner.

Last edited by roadjourno : 28th March 2022 at 08:13.
Old 3rd April 2022, 10:10   #552
Senior - BHPian

Fortuner and Legender sells a combined 3000 units in March 2022.

Quote:

The Fortuner and the Legender too, both have faired phenomenally well and especially with the Legender having carved a niche for itself in such a short time. Both models put together, we have clocked close to 3000 units.
In all such press releases, the Toyota top leadership mentions Fortuner and Legender separately. I guess, when the next version comes, Legender will lose its Fortuner prefix and will end up being a separate model line.
padmrajravi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 14:41   #553
BHPian

The price has gone up by around 50k for the fortuner, also the waiting time is 2-3 months here in delhi! Still better then a lot of other cars where waiting in astounding,will probably get mine in june, the wait continues.
Old 5th April 2022, 14:58   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
The price has gone up by around 50k for the fortuner, also the waiting time is 2-3 months here in delhi! Still better then a lot of other cars where waiting in astounding,will probably get mine in june, the wait continues.
Attached is the latest price list for Bangalore.

I have booked a super white 4x4 AT and hoping to get the delivery this month.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fortuner Pricelist - 01.04.2022.pdf (514.0 KB, 378 views)
Old 7th April 2022, 22:36   #555
BHPian

Hi,

Has any member used Toyota Smiles Plus package for Fortuner.
Will like to learn more on the pricing, how to avail, difference between the packages, etc.

I tried looking through the website and web searches, but was unable gather anything specific for Fortuner.

Plan to get my beast serviced next week for 10K kms.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks