Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2022, 14:38   #586
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Absolutely correct,but they are de registering diesel vehicles which have completed 15 years as per the rc, whereas in delhi its automatically done in the 10th year for diesel. I sold my first gen fortuner in 2019 in the 8th year of ownership whereas a friend has kept his due to the abyssmal sale value his was a 2012 second gen, he only uses it for his trips outside , just came back from a trip to spiti in it without hassles. Makes me wonder should i have held onto my fortuner as well and used it for such trips, got peanuts for it anyway. Hence this time i am planning to keep it as long as its feasible to do so without hassles.
I am wondering if petrol does make some sense for longer ownership.
jimmyjagga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 16:57   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
I am wondering if petrol does make some sense for longer ownership.
Its boring to drive, have had the misfortune of driving a petrol fortuner, fe of 6-7.
Old 20th April 2022, 08:56   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Its boring to drive, have had the misfortune of driving a petrol fortuner, fe of 6-7.
Not true. It is great to drive and does the 100 kmph sprint in 11 secs- yes it is naturally aspirated so the engine characteristics are different, so it might not be your "misfortune" but rather your inability to adjust your driving style to suit the car. Note that my first tankful was also similar to your unfortunate fuel efficiency.

And here is my fuel efficiency over 12000 kms of usage. Average of 10.1 kmpl, with a high of 12.3 kmpl, and a low of 7.3 kmpl (which was my first tankful and i had not got a hang of the car at that point.). Most modern turbo-petrols would return lesser.

Having said that, diesels are best suited for 2000 kg cars.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-screenshot_20220420084715_fuelio.jpg  

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 20th April 2022 at 09:05.
achyutaghosh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 10:52   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Not true. It is great to drive and does the 100 kmph sprint in 11 secs- yes it is naturally aspirated so the engine characteristics are different, so it might not be your "misfortune" but rather your inability to adjust your driving style to suit the car. Note that my first tankful was also similar to your unfortunate fuel efficiency.

And here is my fuel efficiency over 12000 kms of usage. Average of 10.1 kmpl, with a high of 12.3 kmpl, and a low of 7.3 kmpl (which was my first tankful and i had not got a hang of the car at that point.). Most modern turbo-petrols would return lesser.

Having said that, diesels are best suited for 2000 kg cars.
Absolutely correct sir, did not like it for the very simple fact that it has almost half the torque available in comparison to the diesel. Also in delhi city peak office hour traffic it returns 6-7 kmpl consistently, highway runs will definitely be a diff story where it will return in excess of 10 kmpl for sure.
Old 20th April 2022, 12:06   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely correct sir, did not like it for the very simple fact that it has almost half the torque available in comparison to the diesel. Also in delhi city peak office hour traffic it returns 6-7 kmpl consistently, highway runs will definitely be a diff story where it will return in excess of 10 kmpl for sure.
1. It may have half the torque as compared to the diesel (most naturally aspirated engines are so as compared to turbo engines), but it is no slouch when it comes to acceleration, and decently capable in off-road conditions too. The reason why it does not sell as much as it should is because of comparisons that folks make on torque, and of course for the fact that in India, this engine equipped Fortuner does not get 4x4

2. I get around 8-9 kmpl in heavy city traffic (note the dips in the fuelio screenshot), which is 1-1.5 kmpl lower than what you would get in the diesel within city. I belong to a Fortuner owners group and we track this closely and believe this is very respectable fuel economy for a 2000 kg petrol SUV. Also, come 5 years, i do not have to look over my shoulder and think about selling off the car like the diesel owners in NCR do.

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 20th April 2022 at 12:09.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 18:28   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirbanjoy View Post
I own a 2021 facelift Fortuner. Let me share my pain with some of these accessories. I can confirm that the accessories not only look and feel terrible but their functionalities are also faulty.

3. And the less I speak about the DVR (camera) is better - that hanging cam will get loose within a few days and make continuous irritating sound while driving. Display quality of the CAM is horrible.

Not really expected from Toyota. Strongly recommend NOT purchasing these. I am contemplating writing a full post on this topic.
Hello Team,

I'm planning to take the delivery of my Fortuner on the 3rd of next month. I wanted your guidance on some of the accessories. Ravindhu Toyota is offering a 360 degree camera. I'm not planning to get any other accessories from them. When I aksed them for the specifications of the camera, they mentioned that the camera is from a company called "unplugged".

The specs look good. What is your views on this one ?
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220420-12.07.34-pm.jpeg  

Old 20th April 2022, 20:53   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
... of course for the fact that in India, this engine equipped Fortuner does not get 4x4
In absolute agreement! I would have seriously considered the petrol Fortuner over diesel, had it come with 4x4 as an option, given that my use case involves only highway hauls. Moreover, I would have had one less headache - AdBlue and DPF. Cherry on the cake - I'd have saved a few lac on the price.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 10:23   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Absolutely! This is one amazing mile muncher. We as a family have done numerous multi-thousand km road trips over the last decade and a half, and usually it takes us a few days to "recuperate" i.e. get back to our regular daily routine without any lingering tiredness, post completion of a long road trip.
Inspired by your travelogues, Got my 1st part of the story published

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...territory.html (Bangalore to Rajasthan - 15 Days, 5050 Kms, 5 States and 1 Union Territory)
gadadhar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 13:08   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundeepbv View Post
I'm planning to take the delivery of my Fortuner on the 3rd of next month.
Congratulations, can you share what was the timeline you had to wait for the delivery.
Old 25th April 2022, 22:07   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Congratulations, can you share what was the timeline you had to wait for the delivery.
Hi SR-71, it was almost a three month wait for me. I went with the pearl white and chamois interiors. I'm told that I had two wait an extra month due to chamois interiors. They were ready to delivery the super white with black interiors about a month ago.

I'm going for the PDI tomorrow, will keep you guys posted.
arundeepbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 22:54   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team,

I'm planning to take the delivery of my Fortuner on the 3rd of next month. I wanted your guidance on some of the accessories. Ravindhu Toyota is offering a 360 degree camera. I'm not planning to get any other accessories from them. When I aksed them for the specifications of the camera, they mentioned that the camera is from a company called "unplugged".

The specs look good. What is your views on this one ?
I think all these 360 degree cameras are some kind of dealer arrangements with some Chinese white label product suppliers where they make huge margins. I was offered the same from a company called DHC for my Innova. Most of these companies are shady with some name sake websites. No proper information of what they do and the products they offer. The features may look impressive on paper. But quality is third grade.

To me, the 360 degree camera itself is a fancy feature with no value add. I have a tight parking spot for Innova. With some practice, all I need is the rear view mirrors and reverse camera for parking this behemoth smoothly. If you are particular about the feature, please ask for a live demo on an installed vehicle.

Most of the Toyota accessories are not the worth the price they ask. They are more premium than even the Luxury car ones. There is a chrome side door molding for Crysta. It costs a whopping 19K for 4 pieces of ABS coated with Chrome. A full door may cost that much for most cars. So stay away and save some cash.

Last edited by poloman : 25th April 2022 at 22:59.
poloman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 10:10   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I think all these 360 degree cameras are some kind of dealer arrangements with some Chinese white label product suppliers where they make huge margins. I was offered the same from a company called DHC for my Innova. Most of these companies are shady with some name sake websites. No proper information of what they do and the products they offer. The features may look impressive on paper. But quality is third grade.
Hello Poloman,

I did check out the demo of the 360 camera. They have it installed on one of their demo vehicles. It was looking good and I have decided to go with it. Hopefully it will function without any hassles.

Apart from the 360 camera, I have opted for the auto folding mirror ( it should have been a standard feature, these guys are ripping us).

As you mentioned, the rest of the accessories are only chrome additions and I'm not interested in having chrome on my vehicle.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2022 at 10:16. Reason: spacing
arundeepbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 11:19   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Poloman,

I did check out the demo of the 360 camera. They have it installed on one of their demo vehicles. It was looking good and I have decided to go with it. Hopefully it will function without any hassles.
If you like the feature go for it. Make sure that the installation is neat. When I was in the showroom for delivery, came across multiple vehicles getting stripped down (bumpers, grills, seats etc.) for accessory installation. I have OCD and kind of paranoid with this happening on a new car. I did not fit any accessory, still had two scratches on the central console area which I could rub off with plastx after a 1 hour effort.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 15:52   #599
BHPian

I did a quick PDI yesterday. I was satisfied with the car and gave a go ahead for the registration of the car. I'm taking delivery on the 3rd of next month. It's going to be a long week for me.
The car had 9 kms on the odo and the surprising thing was that it was having a full tank of diesel

Attaching some photos from the pdi
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220426-12.16.55-pm.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20220426-12.16.56-pm.jpeg  

arundeepbv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 19:24   #600
BHPian

Quote:
I did a quick PDI
The car had 9 kms on the odo and the surprising thing was that it was having a full tank of diesel

Attaching some photos from the pdi
Many congratulations sir, i am
Guessing from the photo that yours is a pearl
White one? I just might be able to
Lay my hands on a super white colour one in the coming week if all goes well. The waiting for the fortuner has really gone up compared to
Earlier.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks