Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2023, 13:19   #1336

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Dear Friends

I have the 2023 Fortune 4x2 and have driven it 8500kms. The maintenance manual / service guys say that the first service is at 10K kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
I have observed the following and would like your inputs on if i should/can give it before 10k as well and get the first service done.

1. I feel the vehicle is more smooth and power delivery is better in ECO mode compared to Sport/Normal.
2. When i switch to Sport mode, there is a lot of engine noise as compared to Eco/Normal, but there is no significant or apparent surge in power. Is this my imagination or am i missing something ?
3. I miss TPMS and if i want that to be fitted by Nandi Toyota , will it include the spare tyre also ?
4. I have been filling only Indian Oil Diesel and have also filled Xtra Green Diesel a few times. There is a perceptible difference in the engine noise levels but i am not sure if it is preferable, as the vehicle is anyway just 6 months old. Should i continue with Xtra Green Diesel (is it recommended/advisable)only or can switch between normal and Xtra Green depending on availability ?
5. I have so far refilled it with 10 litres of ADBlue and DPF regeneration keeps happening from time to time. Any impact on this with the Xtra Green diesel ?
5. Is there an option to get window shades that are not magnetic or clip-on types, but the pull-up type ?
6. The high beam is definitely not great and am yet to experience driving it with the rains as well. Any suggestions if it needs to be replaced with something that has better illumination and range ?

Thanks in advance !!!
WheelWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 13:47   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWizard View Post
Dear Friends

I have the 2023 Fortune 4x2 and have driven it 8500kms. The maintenance manual / service guys say that the first service is at 10K kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.
I have observed the following and would like your inputs on if i should/can give it before 10k as well and get the first service done.
I drive a 2022 Diesel MT 4X4 Fortuner and recently got my 1st servicing done at 9600 Kms as I was taking it for a long trip to Zanskar Valley so wanted to get an overall check up. I have given comments against your respective points below based on my experience for your consideration.

If you have not reached 1 year, you can wait till 10,000 Kms before going for your 1st service. There is no reason to pre-pone unless you have a long trip planned denying you access to service center.

1. While ECO mode may be preferred for city driving, I find it sluggish as compared to Normal/ Sport mode. I use Normal mode for all kinds of usage, city, highway, hills and also for off-roading during my recent trip to Zanskar Valley. Absolutely no problem at all as power and economy is balanced. I have used Sport mode just to try and it becomes a different beast all together with substantial increase in pick up and power delivery and most cars get decimated and reaching three digit figures becomes too easy.

2. Yes, in Sport mode the grunt of the engine increases and it is addictive as it adds more character. There is also significant difference in pick up and power delivery as compared to ECO and Normal mode. You should get this checked during your 1st servicing.

3. I have no idea about TPMS so unable to comment.

4. I have been using Xtra Green Diesel from Indian Oil regularly unless I am in a place where that is not available and I find the engine to be smoother and increased mileage. I get around 14.5 kmpl in my regular usage from Gurgaon to Delhi/ Noida and return with speeds between 50-70 kmph. The difference is noticeable if you use Xtra Green regularly say, atleast 3-4 consecutive tank fulls. Intermittent usage may not show any noticeable difference. The same applies for XP95 Petrol that I use in my Abarth Punto.

5. AdBlue consumption and DPF Regeneration significantly varies depending on driving conditions, traffic, mileage, etc. Not sure if Xtra Green Diesel has any impact on it's consumption. I have done about 13,000 Kms and have had to refill AdBlue at 3500 Kms, 7500 Kms and 11,500 Kms.

6. Not sure about window shades so unable to comment.

7. High beam is not great generally and worse with rains/ fog. I want to keep it stock for now but have seen some travel bloggers upgrading to Legender light set which according to them is much better. Not sure if that is a commercially viable alternative.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 09:55   #1338
BHPian

Greetings Fellow Bhpians,

After canceling my Hycross booking due to the lack of 8-seaters and hard plastics, I finally gathered the courage to check out the Fortuner 4x2 AT diesel. However, there's some concerning news that's been bothering me: there are talks about a potential diesel car ban in India starting from 2027. I came across this article: https://www.cartoq.com/2027-full-die...indian-cities/

I'm unsure if this is true or just a proposal at this stage. If it is indeed true, what implications will it have for current diesel car owners? Will they be prohibited from driving their cars, similar to what happened in NCT? Or does it mean that new diesel car registrations won't be allowed?

On another note, the SA (sales advisor) informed me that a hybrid version of the Fortuner is expected in 2025, but some news sources suggest it might arrive in 2024. As I don't urgently need a new car, since I already own a Honda City 2016, my primary goal is to find a safe highway car for occasional family use.

Now, I'm faced with a decision: should I wait for the Fortuner hybrid, go for the Fortuner diesel now, or consider the Invicto as an alternative option? Is anyone else in the same situation as me?

Best regards,
Dev
Old 28th July 2023, 10:40   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Greetings Fellow Bhpians,
Now, I'm faced with a decision: should I wait for the Fortuner hybrid, go for the Fortuner diesel now, or consider the Invicto as an alternative option? Is anyone else in the same situation as me?

Best regards,
Dev
Please note that Toyota Fortuner Hybrid will come at extra premium looking at the way Toyota marks fortuner pricing. If you are willing to shell that much ( I am guessing 55-60 lakh at least ), by all means wait.
I had similar dilemma but I went for petrol, I do not want to start a battle of powers between two variants, but I do not find any lack of power for day to day need in petrol variant. Yes Diesel gives that extra grunt, torque and is sure juicy option, but the current trend of banning diesel is causing a lot of pain on an already expensive option.

Regards
jimmyjagga is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 12:32   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Dev
For occasional highway needs, do consider the Petrol Fortuner. It doesn't drive like the diesel for sure, but to an everyday Joe, power delivery and pickup is very sufficient. Mileage for Petrol is definitely on the lower side (6-8 depending on how you drive), but on highways you can get better.
Revvman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 20:54   #1341

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
5. AdBlue consumption and DPF Regeneration significantly varies depending on driving conditions, traffic, mileage, etc. Not sure if Xtra Green Diesel has any impact on it's consumption. I have done about 13,000 Kms and have had to refill AdBlue at 3500 Kms, 7500 Kms and 11,500 Kms.
Hi , i am seeing the same pattern of AdBlue consumption in my 2021 Fortuner MT and i am not sure if its normal as 5L of AdBlue comes for only 1500 to 2000 KMs. I have given more detail about my problem in DPF issues thread.
I am hearing from other owners that they top up AbBlue only during 10K service. I am sure the range varies due to lot of parameters, but is it normal to see this much variance?
Chennai14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2023, 15:23   #1342

I think Toyota should offer a chamois interior for petrol AT. In my personal opinion, as compared to black interior chamois-coloured interiors make the cabin look both elegant and spacious. And as now sales of Petrol variates are increasing, Toyota should consider offering chamois interior for petrol Fortuner. I hope Toyota will listen and thinks about it.

Mod Note : Request you to please go through Posting Etiquette before making any new post.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th August 2023 at 20:37. Reason: Mod note attached.
Dinno73 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th August 2023, 19:30   #1343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chennai14 View Post
I am hearing from other owners that they top up AbBlue only during 10K service. I am sure the range varies due to lot of parameters, but is it normal to see this much variance?
I doubt if the top up pattern is consistent for those owners during the 10K service only with no need to refill earlier. Keeping the 2400 Kms range aside, for me since the date of purchase the gap between refills has been 3500 Kms to 4000 Kms. I top it up when there is still a range of 1500-2000 Kms as per the car's display. So even if one adds that its about 5000-6000 Kms between refills. I have checked with service advisors and technicians at workshops and they have confirmed on multiple occasions that the consumption of AdBlue varies significantly depending on the various parameters and there is nothing to be worried about its consumption. So best to keep two 5L cans at home to deal with any emergency and enjoy the car without getting worried.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 21:40   #1344
Senior - BHPian

When driving in city traffic condition, I am hearing this irritating rattling noise from the dashboard JBL speakers occasionally. If I pressed the speaker hard, the noise disappears only to appear again after few seconds. This is not noticeable though on highway drive. If anyone experienced it and if so, how do you solve it?
Old 14th August 2023, 10:57   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
When driving in city traffic condition, I am hearing this irritating rattling noise from the dashboard JBL speakers occasionally.
I too get this irritating noise on sudden accelerations, but unable to pin down the source till now. Let me check if the JBL's are the culprit.

BTW I had the same issue in my earlier 2013 model Fortuner as well
Old 17th August 2023, 12:39   #1346

Hey guys - got PPF done for my Fortuner a few days back. Noticed an error around Parking Assist Malfunction post installation. The PPF guy said it is because the sensors are covered and once he removes it after 15 days, it will function normally. Picture of the error below.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_7683.jpeg

Cut to 15 days later, he removes the cover around the sensors and the error is still there. He said no other Fortuner had this issue and that he will call a local mechanic to look into it today. Any ideas why? If it helps, he also did a ceramic coating on the fromt black grill which had the sensor but the error seems to be showing for all sensors. Any inputs appreciated!
Old 18th August 2023, 06:31   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathv6793 View Post
If it helps, he also did a ceramic coating on the fromt black grill which had the sensor but the error seems to be showing for all sensors. Any inputs appreciated!
This seems strange, my Fortuner has PPF even on the sensors and never had any issues. What PPF type did you get installed?
Old 19th August 2023, 10:37   #1348

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
This seems strange, my Fortuner has PPF even on the sensors and never had any issues. What PPF type did you get installed?
Not really sure what type it was but it was from DuPont. I had taken it to their shop today and they had their mechanic take a look. Turns out water had seeped into one of the front sensors which messed up the whole system. They have ordered a new sensor to replace this and they say this will fix it. Once they get the sensor they are sending over their mechanic to install it. Regretting going to them in the first place now.
Old 26th August 2023, 16:19   #1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathv6793 View Post
Not really sure what type it was but it was from DuPont. I had taken it to their shop today and they had their mechanic take a look. Turns out water had seeped into one of the front sensors which messed up the whole system. They have ordered a new sensor to replace this and they say this will fix it. Once they get the sensor they are sending over their mechanic to install it. Regretting going to them in the first place now.
Update on this: The mechanic replaced the sensor and now everything is working as expected. Was hardly a 10 minute job. To their credit, they did it free of cost (not that they had any justification to ask but some still would) and they came to my home even though it was pretty late at night to ensure it is fixed before a drive I had the next day. All’s well that ends well I guess!
sharathv6793 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 13:50   #1350
BHPian

Hi,

One of my neighbours is looking at purchasing a petrol Fortuner however he is worried that it might not be E20 compatible. Does anyone know if the 2.7L engine is compatible with E20?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks