Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2023, 12:32   #1366
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

I've noticed that while projector headlights are great for forward visibility, they seem to fall short when it comes to illuminating the road around bends, particularly hairpin turns. In my experience, the fog lamps on the fortuner are also not of much help in this aspect either. Has anyone explored upgrading their fog lamps or found other solutions to improve side-to-side visibility during turns? I'm eager to hear your suggestions

Thanks,
arundeepbv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 12:41   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've noticed that while projector headlights are great for forward visibility, they seem to fall short when it comes to illuminating the road around bends, particularly hairpin turns. In my experience, the fog lamps on the fortuner are also not of much help in this aspect either. Has anyone explored upgrading their fog lamps or found other solutions to improve side-to-side visibility during turns? I'm eager to hear your suggestions

Thanks,
Around bends, no matter how powerful headlights you throw, there will always be illumination problem in the far side regions. That is what adaptive headlights are for, that is, headlights actually move side to side as the steering wheel turns. Unfortunately, this feature is not available even in the top GR spec.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 13:38   #1368
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A friend of mine in Coimbatore is converting the regular Fortuner to the Legender with a high quality imported kit. This kit is molded ABS, not fibre.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-legenderconversion1.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-legenderconversion2.jpeg  

4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 23:01   #1369
BHPian

FG2 completes one year and 40,000+ kms on road!

Furteela Ghonga 2.0 turned one on 9/11. The ownership experience has been absolutely delightful with no niggles or issues whatsoever. The 200+ horses under the hood plasters a smile on my face every time I take it for a spin. It has taken me, my family including one year old kid and a ton of luggage to places across the length and breadth of the country and brought us back safe, sound and wanting for more!

ODO currently reads about 41,000+ kms. Some noticeable points:
  • No DPF issues, whether it is cruising on highways all day long or on any of the high mountain passes in Ladakh
  • On one of the occasions the auto regeneration started during the ascent to Khardungla and completed in about 20 minutes instead of 5-10 minutes on highways
  • I have got the manual DPF regen mode enabled but haven't felt the need to use it so far. Perhaps the litmus test would be during a harsh cold snow drive.
  • All the high mountain climbs have been effortless even with heavily loaded car (4 adults + trunk full of luggage). My previous 3.0L D4-D also did these climbs but with some huffing and puffing at the top.
  • Fog lamps are completely useless in rain and fog. Will need an upgrade for sure.
  • Only change that I have made so far are the horns and tyres. Horns upgraded to Roots Vibrosonic and tyres swapped for Geolandar G015 on day 1.
  • Typical tankful range on highway is about 800kms and in the mountains is about 600.
  • I am not an audiophile so I find the JBL system adequate for my drives.
  • Have installed internal TPMS from Sensairy and DDPAI dashcam
  • Stuck to Toyota Protect insurance for second year with all the bells and whistles included. I think the premium is much more competitive than what was 5 years ago.
  • Haven't taken extended warranty yet. Will get this closer to 1L kms based on annual usage
  • Planning to upgrade the suspensions and fog lamps this year.
Leaving you with some pics of this beauty. Cheers!

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_4680.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_4691.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_2999.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_3020.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_4536.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_4575.jpg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_4589.jpg

Last edited by ragh_bhushan : 18th September 2023 at 23:02. Reason: Typo fix
ragh_bhushan is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 00:06   #1370
BHPian

Hi everyone,

How does the ride quality of 2023 Fortuner 4x4 with 18 inch tyres compare with the 2021 Thar fitted with Avo UK suspension? My wife still finds the Thar with Avo UK suspension to be bumpy and refuses to do long trips. Hence, contemplating if it's worth upgrading?

Also considering the Kodiaq but not sure if it can handle tough off-road environment such as Winter Spiti and Zanskar Valley
Old 21st September 2023, 17:01   #1371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
How does the ride quality of 2023 Fortuner 4x4 with 18 inch tyres compare with the 2021 Thar fitted with Avo UK suspension?
Certainly not an apple-to-apple comparison in my opinion. To get a first-hand idea, please take an extended test-drive of the Fortuner with (very importantly) correct tire pressure over varied terrain.

Quote:
Also considering the Kodiaq but not sure if it can handle tough off-road environment such as Winter Spiti and Zanskar Valley
Again, not an apple-to-apple comparison Well, locals traverse these terrains in their Altos and Omnis but then, they are locals. For lesser mortals like us city folks, the more adept a vehicle is at handling such terrain, the easier (and less stressful) it becomes for us as drivers/passengers. Hope you get the drift
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 20:40   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

How does the ride quality of 2023 Fortuner 4x4 with 18 inch tyres compare with the 2021 Thar fitted with Avo UK suspension? My wife still finds the Thar with Avo UK suspension to be bumpy and refuses to do long trips. Hence, contemplating if it's worth upgrading?

A long wheel base will inherently be more comfortable than a short one.
I find the Hilux with leafsprings and BFGoodrich tires to be more comfy than my Thar with AVO.
Try it out. It will definitely be more comfy. And once you get a upgraded suspension it'll be supremely more comfortable.

Last edited by navpreet318 : 21st September 2023 at 20:48.
navpreet318 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 21:55   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Fortuner will be more comfortable, it's a closed body car plus the suspension and wheelbase etc are made as such to be a 7 seater.

Thar is a Jeep with removable top , but it's also a fun to drive road machine, certainly not a family car but as far as I know most women love it, perhaps swap places and put her in the driver's seat?

My wife loves to drive the CRDe and she absolutely had a fun time with new Thar, keeps telling me to buy it as if I needed any further motivation than just to see it.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 05:49   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Having both in my garage, so with confidence I can tell you that stock Fortuner is definitely stable and pliant with the right rubber and tyre pressure than AVO kitted Thar, for sure. I'm a fan of aftermarket suspensions, have ARB OME nitrochargers on my Fortuner, though!
getsurya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 20:50   #1375
BHPian

All, need some guidance on getting a 360 degree camera installed.

1. Showroom has quoted 40K for the Moco unit. However, they state it is only front and rear and not 360 degree. Is what the showroom stating accurate?

2. Already have a stock head unit, with a 360 degree view. Do we need to replace the head unit?

3. What other vendors are there in Bangalore who do a good job? We are willing to pay more, as long as the installation is done professionally.

4. Based on the comments, Moco is a brand that few have recommended. What other brands?

Thank you!

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd September 2023 at 23:27. Reason: Grammatical errors
Old 23rd September 2023, 16:20   #1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
All, need some guidance on getting a 360 degree camera installed.

1. Showroom has quoted 40K for the Moco unit. However, they state it is only front and rear and not 360 degree. Is what the showroom stating accurate?

2. Already have a stock head unit, with a 360 degree view. Do we need to replace the head unit?

3. What other vendors are there in Bangalore who do a good job? We are willing to pay more, as long as the installation is done professionally.

4. Based on the comments, Moco is a brand that few have recommended. What other brands?

Thank you!
Hi , i have got Moco 360 installed outside before 1.5 yrs back in Chennai and happy with it. If i remember correctly, i paid ~38K for it and it feeds to the OEM head unit.
It automatically switches left view , right view and rear view. You can use a small remote to switch to other views or on demand.
It is quite useful on tight maneuvers & parking and have come very handy to see if dogs / cattle moved out of the way in rural areas.
I have seen few other 360 cameras and i feel Moco gives relatively better clarity.
Couple of issues that i have faced till now
- Rear camera was broken , may be someone knocked it, got it fixed with adhesive.
- Calibration has gone bad , which i need to get it fixed again, not sure about the reason.
- Media info in MID has gone after 360 camera installation, i was told its using the same port, not a big deal.
Chennai14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 19:41   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Changed my car's battery today at 2 years and 27K KMs. It was taking slightly longer to start for the last few weeks. The auto start-stop was also not working. Not that I care about the auto start-stop, but I felt something was wrong with the battery. I had a few long drives coming and hence checked the battery at the neighbourhood battery shop. It failed the crank voltage drop test. The voltage was dropping well below 8V under crank load. Changed the battery to an Exide 80DIN with 60-month warranty. The cost was 9K after exchanging the old battery. The old battery was 'GS' brand, something I had never heard about before. Anyway, at just above 2 years, this is the shortest life span I have had with a car battery.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 23rd September 2023 at 19:44.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 12:34   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chennai14 View Post
Hi , i have got Moco 360 installed outside before 1.5 yrs back in Chennai and happy with it. If i remember correctly, i paid ~38K for it and it feeds to the OEM head unit.
I am unable to find this on Amazon, Moco site has option to buy online, but was not sure if that is dependable. It will be good to know from where you picked it
Old 25th September 2023, 14:47   #1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I am unable to find this on Amazon, Moco site has option to buy online, but was not sure if that is dependable. It will be good to know from where you picked it
I have got it installed in VV Cars Chennai. You can get in touch with any of the reliable guys in Banglore, they will have it handy or source it for you. Bangalore guys can suggest a good place.
Chennai14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 16:00   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

A Fortuner will always be overall more comfortable than a Thar, even if the latter is equipped with aftermarket suspension. I have experienced a 2019 Fortuner with Dr. Nano suspension and the ride quality was amazing (by Fortuner standards), almost like an Endeavor. They also have an "extra comfort" option IIRC, which makes the ride sofa-like but compromises on handling and stability. It was also very reasonably priced compared to the likes of Ironman and OME kits. Recently, went on a ~600kms ride on a friend's ScorpioN 4x4 and the ride quality was impressive on broken Uttarakhand roads or no roads at some points. You should definitely take a test ride considering your usage pattern.
Amrit@wheels is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks