Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 20:36   #1306

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congratulations on the Fortuner. The new metallic white looks great to me. The earlier shade was dull and did not feel like paying extra, where as the new one looks worth the premium.
Thank you!

Funnily enough, I didn’t pay anything extra for the Pearl White as opposed to the normal super white. They had both in stock and were willing to let them go at the same price. Personally never would have paid extra just for the sparkle - but was nice to get it at no extra cost!
sharathv6793 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 12:50   #1307

GPS tracking system in Legender

hi, I had taken delivery of my Legender during Sep-2022, and was then told that there is a problem with enabling GPS tracking system and the same will be done by intimating me once the software is updated and GPS tracking system is made available.
I have not heard from Toyota about the same nor has it been done during regular service visits.
Can I request forum members to share any info about this and/or the status of their GPS tracking system please?

Last edited by graaja : 26th May 2023 at 12:53. Reason: Minor edits - typo
Old 26th May 2023, 17:12   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiFan View Post
GPS tracking system in Legender

hi,
Can I request forum members to share any info about this and/or the status of their GPS tracking system please?
Hi, the onus of activating the Carot car tracking system is totally on the dealer! Insist on them and they will do it. They just ignore it as it is additional work for them.
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 17:40   #1309

Thanks getsurya, i shall take it up with Nandi Toyota, Bangalore.
AudiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 19:18   #1310

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiFan View Post
Thanks getsurya, i shall take it up with Nandi Toyota, Bangalore.
Please let me know what they say. Will probably check with Ravindu Toyota as well. Remember my dealer saying there is some paid membership for it.
Old 27th May 2023, 06:22   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathv6793 View Post
Please let me know what they say. Will probably check with Ravindu Toyota as well. Remember my dealer saying there is some paid membership for it.
Hey, no paid membership et all. It is free for 3 years with the purchase of the car.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 07:29   #1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hey, no paid membership et all. It is free for 3 years with the purchase of the car.
Thanks, getsurya! Strange that they never mentioned this. I asked my SA and he said it should appear on my Toyota i-Connect app and if it doesn’t, that means this feature doesn’t exist. I asked him to verify with the service team though so let’s see what he says.

Is there an app called Carot that does this? I ask because I wasn’t able to find it on the App Store. And could you also let me know what else it does - just so I know what to ask for when the SA gets back to me.
Old 27th May 2023, 09:47   #1313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, getsurya! Strange that they never mentioned this. I asked my SA and he said it should appear on my Toyota i-Connect app and if it doesn’t, that means this feature doesn’t exist. I asked him to verify with the service team though so let’s see what he says.

Is there an app called Carot that does this? I ask because I wasn’t able to find it on the App Store. And could you also let me know what else it does - just so I know what to ask for when the SA gets back to me.
Yes, there is an app called Carot. It will only work when your ASC submits your KYC docs to Carot Uno Minda. Try calling Carot Customer care number 9773961111 and check with them too.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 20:10   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to share that I got my 4x4 MT Pearl white delivered today!
Congratulations on your white elephant and more importantly welcome to the rare 4X4 MT club! Your car looks elegant and drool worthy. It is indeed a pleasure to drive it and nothing else comes close. I have done about 9300 km on my 4x4 MT Attitude Black and planning a 8 day Zanskar guided drive end of June 2023. Wishing you lakhs of happy miles with your beast!
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 23:12   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

Why would you want to trade your Fortuner for a Legender? If you need a 4x4, go for the regular Fortuner, it is much better VFM unless you want that "exclusivity". BTW, if it is a MY 2023, it would not have the 11-speaker JBL system, which is a big
Very true, this is what i realised later, the legender does not offer much more in terms of value for money. I have already upgraded the sound system with ground zero vibranium component speakers, mosconi amplifier on the truck and the sound is fabulous, it was an itch, rather an impulsive itch which as you pointed out not worth it. Do not need the 4x4 as i do have a isuzu mux 4x4, hence decided to get Bfg ko2 tyres for this as well as i have them on the isuzu, and honestly they truly bring out the butch look on an suv. Am contemplating the Trd flat bottom steering wheel but i am not sure of airbag deployment as its aftermarket, would appreciate if anyone here has upgraded the same. Have booked the bfg tyres 265/70/17. Still not decided on the trd steering, any inputs will be appreciated on the steering upgrade sharing the picture for refrence.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-f252d1176cdc445bb02eda5a41716019.jpeg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-88983c9ef1f941ae9162aa78976d44d6.jpeg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 23:39   #1316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Very true, this is what i realised later, the legender does not offer much more in terms of value for money..
Wait another year and get the all new, next gen fortuner. Or get something different like a land rover defender if the itch to throw away money is getting too much
Old 28th May 2023, 00:02   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Wait another year and get the all new, next gen fortuner. Or get something different like a land rover defender if the itch to throw away money is getting too much
The new fortuner will not come till 2025 thats confirmed. Hence decided to stick with this, with a tyre change and maybe a steering change. Later on might get the legender kit. The defender is not in the budget, sadly the gods have not bestowed immense wealth upon my hands

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 28th May 2023 at 00:05.
Old 28th May 2023, 17:06   #1318

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Yes, there is an app called Carot. It will only work when your ASC submits your KYC docs to Carot Uno Minda. Try calling Carot Customer care number 9773961111 and check with them too.
Thanks for sharing this but no luck! Checked with the SA who confirmed with the ASC. The feature has apparently been “discontinued” and if I still want it, they can provide a Mapmyindia module for 11k. Said no thanks and returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Congratulations on your white elephant and more importantly welcome to the rare 4X4 MT club! Your car looks elegant and drool worthy. It is indeed a pleasure to drive it and nothing else comes close. I have done about 9300 km on my 4x4 MT Attitude Black and planning a 8 day Zanskar guided drive end of June 2023. Wishing you lakhs of happy miles with your beast!
Thanks a lot, jbpanda! Was definitely following your posts here closely while I awaited the delivery of mine. Has been super helpful!

Quick question - I just returned from a 300km journey; I encountered my first DPF regeneration when I started the journey (outside temperatures around 35 degrees). The vehicle is now super hot - as in much hotter than my XUV used to be at the same or even higher distance travelled - and my garage has that heated smell. Also think there was a weak fuel smell but thought it was from the drilling/construction work nearby as the smell wasn’t anywhere near my car and didn’t see any fuel leaks either. Anything to be concerned about?
Old 29th May 2023, 09:47   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on this:

So the SA called me two days ago and asked to bring the vehicle for inspection. Had it checked from the service center folks and turns out the issue was because of “incorrect socket” being used for the 360 degree camera that was installed. (It was not aftermarket as I had opted for it as an accessory from the showroom; although can definitely say its not OEM, just a third party camera that he mentioned would be tested and verified by Toyota, and is covered under warranty)
Could you please share details and your initial feedbacks of the camera, it is long pending item for my vehicle
Old 29th May 2023, 14:00   #1320
BANNED

Till date i was under the impression that Fortuner & Legender difference is only in cosmetics and not structural,but when i tried to fit GFX 7D mats of Fortuner to my Legender it was not going thru Plush.
Please find the manufacturer reply for the same
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-screenshot-20230529-1.52.05-pm-1.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks