Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 14:44   #1291

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

can anyone share the latest price of Sunshade for Toyota Fortuner Genuine Accessories ? I asked at the showroom they are now quoting 7,000/- but in march when i bought the vehicle, it's price was 4,500/-.
Old 19th May 2023, 16:46   #1292
BHPian

So I experienced this peculiar behavior of AT which I found little off-putting.

I am surprised that this behavior of this AT isn't mentioned anywhere on internet.

Whenever we accelerate, the rpm jumps to 2k or 3k depending upon the throttle input. Whereas, in other torque converters (E.g.. Volkswagen TC or a Scorpio N TC) the rpm sticks to the gear ratio and doesn't rev excessively when throttled.

It feels like a hybrid between being a CVT and a TC. A TC shouldn't really be revving so much when given throttle input. It will help in keeping the cabin more silent during accelerating. Rubber band effect anyone?
Old 20th May 2023, 13:53   #1293
BHPian

Hi, does anyone have any information on a new fortuner launch around sep 2023? I am really tempted to swap my 4x2 A/T Fortuner with the Legender 4x4 which is in ready stock with the dealer, its all the more tempting as the quote for my fortuner is only around 6% less then what i paid for it last year, how thats possible is completely baffling, but the value this holds in reasale is crazy. However if there is a new launch around the corner i would rather wait a few months.
Old 20th May 2023, 22:25   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Whenever we accelerate, the rpm jumps to 2k or 3k depending upon the throttle input.
I feel it is quite well tuned, just that it will take some time getting used to. Try easing your foot off the throttle when you want it to downshift, and it will I have never seen the RPM touch 3K even during aggressive overtakes. Do remember that this is a 2.5 ton SUV, TC or not! It needs to be driven like one, and not like a sports car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi, does anyone have any information on a new fortuner launch around sep 2023? I am really tempted to swap my 4x2 A/T Fortuner with the Legender 4x4 which is in ready stock with the dealer
Why would you want to trade your Fortuner for a Legender? If you need a 4x4, go for the regular Fortuner, it is much better VFM unless you want that "exclusivity". BTW, if it is a MY 2023, it would not have the 11-speaker JBL system, which is a big miss.

On another note, my Fortuner continues to munch miles - here are a few snaps from a trip to hills of South India. I am really happy with the paddle shifters - very very useful, especially in the hills.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-tf1.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-tf2.jpg  

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-tf3.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 21st May 2023 at 07:49. Reason: Typo.
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 08:52   #1295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
On another note, my Fortuner continues to munch miles - here are a few snaps from a trip to hills of South India. I am really happy with the paddle shifters - very very useful, especially in the hills.
Wish you more miles of fun.

Is this Valparai?
Old 21st May 2023, 15:26   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My friend's woes does not seem to end.

That is a lot of work for a Toyota which has done some ~23,xxx kms.
Hi Sheel,

Something seems to be amiss on this one. It has to be either a true lemon or suspect some sabotage of the car of sorts!!
Old 21st May 2023, 15:27   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Wish you more miles of fun. Is this Valparai?
Thanks, buddy The pics are from Masinagudi, Kotagiri, and Nelliyampathy respectively.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 18:45   #1298

Happy to share that I got my 4x4 MT Pearl white delivered today! 😄 Did a quick drive to Nandi Hills (just the entrance & back). Rained cats & dogs resulting in lot of water logging in Bangalore so got to test out the wading capacity as well - totally in love with the beast! Some quick observations -

- The dealer seemed to mention Android Auto & Apple Carplay is no longer supported but I very much saw the option & was able to enable it (didn’t actually connect) - might be some confusion from their end but can anybody else confirm?
- Noticed the bluetooth mic does not seem to be working - is there some setting that needs to be enabled? Or is it a defect that I need to ask the dealership/service center?
- Always used to find it difficult to park in my garage in my previous XUV500 since my garage is slightly elevated and in rains, there’s a lot of wheelspin. Enabled H4 and parked with absolute ease!
- Don’t know if it was because of ECO mode but in bumper to bumper traffic, the car seemed to stall sometimes in uphills, seemed to be fine in NORMAL & SPORT mode. Is this common? Does it change after first service?
- Was a little nervous about the sound system since JBL was removed but as average audiophiles, the wife & I felt it was perfectly fine. Wife mentioned mid-row speakers seemed to be louder than front row - yet to check it myself.

Looking forward to hitting the highway on traffic-free roads soon and maybe some offroading too! Lastly, thanks to this thread for all the useful info that helped me make this decision- cheers!
sharathv6793 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 12:00   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathv6793 View Post
Happy to share that I got my 4x4 MT Pearl white delivered today!
May congratulations. Wishing you a lots of happy and safe miles.

Quote:
The dealer seemed to mention Android Auto & Apple Carplay is no longer supported but I very much saw the option & was able to enable it (didn’t actually connect) - might be some confusion from their end but can anybody else confirm?
AA and AC should be available. I have not heard of any news stating that these have been dropped. The only 2 changes for MY 2023 Fortuners are removal of JBL system (11 to 6 speakers now) and removal of "Auto Start/Stop" (for ATs)

Quote:
Noticed the bluetooth mic does not seem to be working - is there some setting that needs to be enabled? Or is it a defect that I need to ask the dealership/service center?
I am not aware of any settings for the same. It should work by default. Try again and if still does not work, get it addressed under warranty during your 1 month checkup.

Quote:
Always used to find it difficult to park in my garage in my previous XUV500 since my garage is slightly elevated and in rains, there’s a lot of wheelspin. Enabled H4 and parked with absolute ease!
Fortuner is a part time 4wd and hence, you should not engage 4H on hard surfaces. If the surface leading to your garage allows wheel slippage, it should still be okay but even then, it should be done with the steering absolutely centered.

Quote:
Don’t know if it was because of ECO mode but in bumper to bumper traffic, the car seemed to stall sometimes in uphills, seemed to be fine in NORMAL & SPORT mode. Is this common? Does it change after first service?
Could be, but also note that this is a BS6 engine and the low-end torque won't be as meaty as BS4 and prior engines.

Quote:
Looking forward to hitting the highway on traffic-free roads soon and maybe some offroading too!
Looking forward to pictures of your beast
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 12:08   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happy to share that I got my 4x4 MT Pearl white delivered today!

- Noticed the bluetooth mic does not seem to be working - is there some setting that needs to be enabled? Or is it a defect that I need to ask the dealership/service center?

- Was a little nervous about the sound system since JBL was removed but as average audiophiles, the wife & I felt it was perfectly fine. Wife mentioned mid-row speakers seemed to be louder than front row - yet to check it myself.
Congrats and welcome to the club...

- I have never come across an enable/disable option for the bluetooth mic. Though a defect is unlikely, you may want to check this with the SA

- Mine is with 11 speaker JBL with more speakers added in the front, and my folks always complain about the poor audio output in mid and back rows. BTW you can change the balancing if you wish to, I am running with both front and back speakers equally balanced

Last edited by gadadhar : 22nd May 2023 at 12:17.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:44   #1301

Quote:
May congratulations. Wishing you a lots of happy and safe miles.

AA and AC should be available. I have not heard of any news stating that these have been dropped. The only 2 changes for MY 2023 Fortuners are removal of JBL system (11 to 6 speakers now) and removal of "Auto Start/Stop" (for ATs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club...
Thank you for the wishes! Just verified today with Apple Carplay. Works like a charm. SA was probably not aware of the features much.

Quote:
I am not aware of any settings for the same. It should work by default. Try again and if still does not work, get it addressed under warranty during your 1 month checkup.
Quote:
I have never come across an enable/disable option for the bluetooth mic. Though a defect is unlikely, you may want to check this with the SA
Yes, I asked the SA. He said he will verify but if he doesn’t come up with anything (which is very likely given his track record), will ask during the first month service and claim under warranty.

Quote:
Fortuner is a part time 4wd and hence, you should not engage 4H on hard surfaces. If the surface leading to your garage allows wheel slippage, it should still be okay but even then, it should be done with the steering absolutely centered.
Oh I see! There was definitely wheel slippage because of the wet tires but will keep this in mind - thank you!

Quote:
Mine is with 11 speaker JBL with more speakers added in the front, and my folks always complain about the poor audio output in mid and back rows. BTW you can change the balancing if you wish to, I am running with both front and back speakers equally balanced
Haha yes I did try out the JBL ones in the vehicle I test drove. Can imagine how it might not be to everyone’s taste! This one clearly is a step lower but for now, maybe because of the new car excitement, the stock ones seem to be fine for us! Maybe will eventually start seeing the need to upgrade.

Have given the car to 3M for wash and a matte black roof wrap. Will definitely share pictures soon. Cheers!
sharathv6793 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:04   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I asked the SA. He said he will verify but if he doesn’t come up with anything (which is very likely given his track record), will ask during the first month service and claim under warranty.
Agree that Fortuner sales advisors are among the worst in the trade. SA's hardly know about the advanced features (lucky that Toyota doesn't believe in too many ), and they don't care since they don't need any talking to sell a Fortuner
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 13:12   #1303

Finally got my ride back from 3M. Had a matte black roof wrap, anti-rust coating & the controversial rodent repellant treatment. Planning to get lower body PPF & front dechroming soon.

Here are some pics. I’m in love!

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_7028.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_7029.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_7027.jpeg

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_7022.jpeg
sharathv6793 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 16:37   #1304

Quote:
Update on this:

So the SA called me two days ago and asked to bring the vehicle for inspection. Had it checked from the service center folks and turns out the issue was because of “incorrect socket” being used for the 360 degree camera that was installed. (It was not aftermarket as I had opted for it as an accessory from the showroom; although can definitely say its not OEM, just a third party camera that he mentioned would be tested and verified by Toyota, and is covered under warranty)

They called in a technician from the camera vendor’s side who had a look and fixed it in 5 minutes. Mic is working perfectly now.

In hindsight, I know opting for a third party camera was probably not the best idea but parking near my place is on a super narrow road with some tricky turns and I needed the peace of mind that I have done everything possible to not dent my boy every time I park. Maybe will get rid of it once I get comfortable. Something to keep in mind for anyone else who’re looking to get this accessory!
sharathv6793 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 18:05   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my ride back from 3M. Had a matte black roof wrap, anti-rust coating & the controversial rodent repellant treatment. Planning to get lower body PPF & front dechroming soon.
Congratulations on the Fortuner. The new metallic white looks great to me. The earlier shade was dull and did not feel like paying extra, where as the new one looks worth the premium.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks