Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2023, 16:27   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
....... ASC says, half engine would be replaced.

They're withholding information else their famed toyota reliability image would be hurt.
But this is indeed surprising. And if it is bore issue then it will be replicated on the entire batch of those engines. It can be either casting level or machining level. But I'm surprised that they didn't issue a silent recall for the same. Or maybe they didn't find it out until now. This is something unheard of in toyota level of manufacturing. Either way, some engineers and production managers are going to have sleepless nights. Including the casting vendor.

Please do keep us updated with whatever comes out.

This might be the end of the famed Toyota reliability image if it has happened to a number of fortuners. But then we do have a forgetful memory.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 16:52   #1277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
When DPF is auto regenerating, should we ideally pull the vehicle on side and slot it in neutral (with ACs on to have some load) or, continue driving normally?

What is the right behavior to be followed?
Absolutely OK to keep driving. No need to pull the vehicle on side or slot it in neutral.

In fact even if we switch off the vehicle, the DPF will auto regenerate the next time you start it, although it may take some time.

Cheers,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 17:55   #1278
BHPian

My 2018 Fortuner just got back from its 85k service inspection. I have a couple of points i'd like to know. I feel my fortuner's steering is getting really heavy and hard now. I drove a friends car that was a 2020 model and the steering felt really light in comparison. The service centre folks say that it is normal.

The other day there was a crazy freak storm with a lot of rain and some hail too. Now post the storm i could hear water inside the rear door and sure enough on removing the drain plug there was a steady stream of water that came out. Now the service centre says its normal. I really don't understand how its normal though. Water ingressing and storing inside the door is in my understanding not normal at all.

The other thing is that the advisor called me and informed me that the brake pad thickness is 6mm at the front and 5mm at the rear and is good for another 10k kms. Now when i told him that if he feels that there is a need to replace please do so now only since the pads have never been changed he had to re-check his system to believe that i'd never had the pads replaced. As per my discussion i should have been near at least the end of my second set of brake pads at my mileage. My question is that do the pads have any life wrt to time too? This is because I really am not comfortable with still being on my original pads. Will there be a possibility of the discs getting damaged?

Anyone with similar experience please advise.
Old 27th April 2023, 11:07   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
How much did the pre-owned alloy rim cost?
I too am looking to replace the stock steel rim.
I paid Rs. 15,000 + shipping from Hyderabad to Mumbai. Check with your local alloys/tyre dealer. He might keep an eye for someone looking to upgrade stock alloys. This is how I got it.
ragh_bhushan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 20:41   #1280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
BS-6 woes continue.

My friend's ~18 month Legender's oil is vanishing in ~3000 kilometers. Local Toyota people did not share the job-card and are reluctant to share any further details.
My friend's woes does not seem to end.

Now, diesel leakage is detected and the fuel tank is empty now in ~150 kilometers. While, job card is not shared, this is the screen shot, which has all details.

2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230427-19.50.15.jpeg

That is a lot of work for a Toyota which has done some ~23,xxx kms.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-whatsapp-image-20230427-20.06.00.jpeg  

Sheel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 21:24   #1281
Senior - BHPian

I'm actually quite intrigued by this. So if the bore is oversize then the DPF would have clogged quicker leading to more frequent regeneration cycles. Was that the case?

If yes then ok. If not then it means that the bore was offset. So incase the bore was offset from the straight line of cylinders, there would be a movement of the piston and the connecting rod. This movement plane wouldn't be in sync with the plane of the crankshaft movement and would then cause some damage in the connecting rod or the crankshaft itself.

I hope the pistons and connecting roads have been ordered along with the block.

Also please ask your friend to ask Toyota to check the crankshaft as well. If it's opened up better check everything to spec. They'll have a tool and measurement protocol for checking the crankshaft as well.
navpreet318 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 14:27   #1282
BHPian

A relative asked me to run an errand for them which was on my daily route, i asked what is it? The simple answer was, just have to pick up some water bottles from that place you can manage in your car. When i got there it was not some water bottles! But 30 Crates. Got them fit in the boot. At first i was cheesed of, but after they all fit in, i was like hell yes this is exactly why i bought this in the first place so i could use it like a tempo
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-a0030e9544194111a67112a8d37dde9b.jpeg  

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 28th April 2023 at 14:28.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 20:56   #1283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
But 30 Crates. Got them fit in the boot. At first i was cheesed of, but after they all fit in, i was like hell yes this is exactly why i bought this in the first place so i could use it like a tempo
Awesome! I had a similar experience recently when a relative asked me if they could use my "truck" for hauling some mattresses since the tent house guy was charging a bomb for short distance delivery.

So here's FG2 in truck mode
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-truck_mode.jpg
ragh_bhushan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 22:43   #1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
I was eagerly waiting to get the front de-chromed. It was indeed a relief after deleting all the chrome/silver parts.

Attachment 2434198

Some mild off-roading-

Attachment 2434200

Attachment 2434201

Attachment 2434202
I also wanna get this done. So basically, dechroming is painting the chrome parts or applying a vinyl on it (say, 3M)?

What’s your approach and how much did it cost?
Old 1st May 2023, 12:30   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotheanomaly View Post
I also wanna get this done. So basically, dechroming is painting the chrome parts or applying a vinyl on it (say, 3M)?

What’s your approach and how much did it cost?
It is essentially a wrap. Yes, got it done from 3M (Gloss black- for factory finish)

Costed me around 5.5K.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 20:55   #1286

After many flip flops, shifts in choices / likings, moving back to owning a Fortuner. This time a Legender. It’s ready for delivery. Was checking the car today at the dealer’s & realised the switch for disabling engine auto on-off has gone missing! Has anyone else noticed this?
Alokmj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 00:32   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alokmj View Post
After many flip flops, shifts in choices / likings, moving back to owning a Fortuner. This time a Legender. It’s ready for delivery. Was checking the car today at the dealer’s & realised the switch for disabling engine auto on-off has gone missing! Has anyone else noticed this?
Yes, this was the other feature that was deleted from all diesel Fortuners at the same time when the JBL 11 speaker system was removed from the 4X4 trims

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th May 2023 at 00:34.
Old 5th May 2023, 07:48   #1288

It doesn’t seem to have been removed as the feature is still part of the Legender’s specifications on Toyota Bharat site. Screen shot attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_0327.png  

Old 11th May 2023, 19:59   #1289

Cancelled my Jeep Meridian 4x4 booking and booked the Fortuner 4x4 MT Pearl White today. Got a good deal with Ravindu Toyota for an in-stock vehicle. Initially wanted the attitude black but settled on getting the Pearl White and maybe get a 3M black roof wrap instead. Vehicle will be delivered next week - hopefully won’t face any issues. Fingers crossed!
Old 13th May 2023, 12:27   #1290

Finally, got the delivery of my 2023 Legender 4x4 this week. This is my second Fortuner with a gap of 2 years since I had sold off the earlier one. A few impressions on what changes could be perceived viz a viz my 2019 fortune 4x4:

Seats are surely more comfy.
Shocks seems softer and the ride feels smoother.
Ambient lighting is a neat addition
The button for engine auto with-off & on has disappeared. Although, the spec sheet still says the feature still exists!

Sadly, a few irritants considering its price point:

No TPMS
Audio system is still as bad as it was earlier.
The so called Connected feature seems to be a sham! it would not give you the live view of location & travel. In case you are an Apple phone user, no Geo Fencing available!

Would appreciate comments if my points are correct of have I perceived them incorrectly.

All said and done, its still a mighty Fortuner & rides like a king!

Cheers & Smiles...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks