Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 15:38   #331
BHPian

Re: 2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review

Legender 4X4 will be closed to 52L OTR Bangalore as per Viva Toyota SA.
They are expecting full details by 1st Oct.

Furthermore, SA shared the following circular they received, which I am not 100% sure is to be believed but is something Toyota would do.

Dear Team, Good Morning...This is to Inform there will be Price hike on Innova and Fortuner from 1st October ( 30k to 1lakh approx ). Inform to all the customers and maximize this month retail..
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:19   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Legender 4X4 will be closed to 52L OTR Bangalore as per Viva Toyota SA.
They are expecting full details by 1st Oct.

Furthermore, SA shared the following circular they received, which I am not 100% sure is to be believed but is something Toyota would do.

Dear Team, Good Morning...This is to Inform there will be Price hike on Innova and Fortuner from 1st October ( 30k to 1lakh approx ). Inform to all the customers and maximize this month retail..
Your sales advisor was right. Price increase from 01 October. Crazy has been the last 1 year the way prices have shot up.

Credits: CNBC-TV18
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-dc3133e5c600404dbc39264c6ea9c947.jpeg  

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 28th September 2021 at 12:22.
Old 28th September 2021, 12:34   #333
BHPian

In addition to a price bump up of upto 1 lakh, there maybe some feature changes in the cars October onwards as per a Toyota dealer. Two main changes-

1. Addition of dual zone climate control
2. Spare alloy wheel replaced with steel
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:40   #334
Senior - BHPian

If it comes with some feature additions, I guess there will not be much of complaining. Anyway, who are we to complain. Beggars can't be choosers. This is the only 4x4 AT BOF left. Gloster and Alturas are huge risks. Hoping that wireless charging becomes part of this facelift for the non-legender variants.
Old 28th September 2021, 12:52   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
In addition to a price bump up of upto 1 lakh, there maybe some feature changes in the cars October onwards as per a Toyota dealer. Two main changes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
If it comes with some feature additions, I guess there will not be much of complaining. Anyway, who are we to complain. Beggars can't be choosers. This is the only 4x4 AT BOF left. Gloster and Alturas are huge risks. Hoping that wireless charging becomes part of this facelift for the non-legender variants.
These are nice additions, but ain't a product at the price point is expected to have these?

What is the premium that Toyota will charge for MY22 model?

Rightly put through. There just no competition left in the market. Only 1 mighty king left. Take it or leave it

Most of the folks in this price bracket are not that price sensitive either, but for someone who is an aspirational buyer and trying to get into this segment might find it tad bit more expensive.

BH registration is the only savior here. Pinch to the pocket will be palatable.
Old 28th September 2021, 17:51   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Gloster and Alturas are huge risks. Hoping that wireless charging becomes part of this facelift for the non-legender variants.
With the mega launch that is XUV700 coming up, not sure if Mahindra is interested in selling the Alturas anymore. Did call up the Noida/Greater Noida dealerships for the Alturas but none of them got back. Sent messages on Mahindra website which elicited a call from the customer service, with a promise of a call back from local dealers, but nothing happened there too. So Fortuner it is for 4x4 diesel, and certainly, Fortuner it is for 7 seater petrol SUVs.

Speaking of wireless charging, Toyota dealers are offering that as an accessory for a nominal 5k. Note that in this case, the charging pad is fitted on the door, not in the console area. Fitting time apparently is 1 hr.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:26   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Actually, Toyota has realised they can’t increase the prices of the Fortuner just like that now. It’s already a bit overpriced and few lakhs more expensive than competitors with lesser features, so till the time a competitor doesn’t reach to Fortuner’s price level, Toyota can’t afford to increase the prices. It will backfire big time on them! Compared to Innova which has no competition so they can do anything they want with it because people buy it for it’s name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post

Quote:
Toyota has always had a unique marketing strategy.

a) they are not afraid of charging what they want (and beyond) - take it or leave it as someone said. When Kia Carnival was discounted (still is, the older model) by 3.75 lacs, Innova's prices increased twice, and now a third time today.

b) had a gut feeling that Fortuner would see a price increase before festival season deliveries commenced since it was spared a 2nd price increase (unlike Innova) in August; and then Ford exit happened - I believe it was a foregone conclusion that they would increase prices for Fortuner - didn't see it happening for all Toyota cars

c) Toyota in India primarily survive on Innova and Fortuner and the way they can and do milk these two cows should be a case study for b-schools, if it isn't already

d) it's fascinating that no manufacturer has been able to break into the Innova & Fortuner territory (Ford did with Endeavour) - it's just sitting there, this segment, but no one wants to disrupt it? Or, is the prejudice so strong that it doesn't matter how many Alturas come along, it isn't going to cut it?
Old 1st October 2021, 11:35   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post

c) Toyota in India primarily survive on Innova and Fortuner and the way they can and do milk these two cows should be a case study for b-schools, if it isn't already
Case study should be as to why one of the largest car manufacturers in the world failed in India and having to abandon products just years from launch. Now Toyota has to buy vehicles from Maruti Suzuki.

Toyota could have very well closed down Mahindra and become the #3 volume seller long ago , had they built on the success of Qualis.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:11   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2k4 View Post
d) it's fascinating that no manufacturer has been able to break into the Innova & Fortuner territory (Ford did with Endeavour) - it's just sitting there, this segment, but no one wants to disrupt it? Or, is the prejudice so strong that it doesn't matter how many Alturas come along, it isn't going to cut it?
I think the relative success of the Endeavour showed that if a respected brand had a competent product, it could go toe to toe with the Fortuner, provided you invest in building the sub-brand. Imagine, with all the speculations around Ford's exit that were on since 2019 i guess, the frequent feature changes, the weaker engine, and smaller dealer network- still the Endeavour did very well right up to August 2021, a month before Ford's exit. The Endeavour offered a credible alternative to the Fortuner on the basis of its own strengths- space, interiors, comfort, features, and the aura around the Endeavour brand.

The Alturas, good product that it was, failed as the Mahindra brand could not attract the 30 lakh+ customer- hence they are going all guns blazing on the XUV700. Also, it did not have any standout strengths i guess. Gloster may have a lot of features, but again 30+ lakh buyer will have concerns on both the brand and product.

We have to keep in mind that Fortuner's success was not built in a day. Point is- are they any brands who can invest to take on the Fortuner? The segment (BOF, big thirsty diesel) may not be around for long in its present avatar. What does the future hold for this segment? That is a pressing question for any new entrant.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st October 2021 at 13:48. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. Please do not use acronyms / short forms even when referring to car's make / model. Thanks.
Old 2nd October 2021, 10:02   #340
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner & Legender prices hiked

Toyota India's website has been updated with the new (hiked) prices for the Fortuner. Here are the numbers:
Attached Images

cool_dube is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 10:24   #341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner & Legender prices hiked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Toyota India's website has been updated with the new (hiked) prices for the Fortuner. Here are the numbers:
I guess Toyota folks have an extrapolated file with price hikes handy all the time. All they need to do is just get up from the bed, sip the hot coffee and just upload the file and make the announcement .

Now they've received a shot in the arm too with Ford's disappearance, not that they needed it before. Some of the Toyota marketing guys can easily fit in the OMC' s too where hikes are an everyday affair.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 2nd October 2021 at 10:25.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:04   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi abhi1881, please use anything that can seal the chip off area, of the paint. That will help in the long run.

For this reason only, I have got Supergaurd pro PPF done on the bonnet earlier.
Agree. Got the basic sealing done from detailing devil's, as per your suggestion, very minimum to be noticed. Detailing devil owner also bought new fortuner, and was like Toyota metal doesn't get rust that often, as there is aluminum mixed. Cannot agree more as had same observation with my 11 year old Innova.
On paint protection films. Somehow, I am still old school
Toyota + Formula 1 carnauba wax polish - combination made in heaven, with lifetime shine. Experience still going strong since years, initially with Innova and now with big brother fortuner.
Also the satisfaction, using my own elbow grease, as a warm up just before my heavy gym session
. One of the reason I don't go for any paint protection or ceramic coating.
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_20211002_114944.jpg
2021 Toyota Fortuner Legender & Facelift Review-img_20211002_114938.jpg
Photos might not be doing justice to the real time look.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th October 2021 at 09:51. Reason: 2 smilies per post. Please space out after a punctuation mark. Thanks.
abhi1881 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 13:09   #343
Senior - BHPian

FYI, existing Fortuner BS6 owners - there is an interesting discussion underway on DPF issues being faced by an owner: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...pf-issues.html (2021 Toyota Fortuner DPF Issues)
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 16:13   #344
Senior - BHPian

Does the 2021 Fortuner has a free service at first 5000 Kms? I remember the sales guys mentioning it is there at first 5k and then onwards at every 10K, but I don't see a 5K service mentioned in the booklet
Old 4th October 2021, 22:33   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Does the 2021 Fortuner has a free service at first 5000 Kms? I remember the sales guys mentioning it is there at first 5k and then onwards at every 10K, but I don't see a 5K service mentioned in the booklet
First free service is at 1K(or 2K don't recall) then every 10K thereafter.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks