Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2021, 15:59   #1816
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Congrats! Keep us updated with your experience.
Btw, which one? 1.0 or 1.5 MT/AT?
Ah an obvious miss! This is a 1.0 AT Style in White. With the 6 airbags update.
Old 26th November 2021, 11:50   #1817
BHPian

My Škoda Kushaq ownership is going to begin soon.. hopefully by mid next week.. the car is in stockyard and I did the PDI yesterday.

Here is a click… 1.5 TSI MT STYLE

Full details on experience and ownership to come soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-ed9fcdff0e62423e93eb47c2273209b3.jpeg  

KapilD is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:12   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
My Škoda Kushaq ownership is going to begin soon.. hopefully by mid next week.. the car is in stockyard and I did the PDI yesterday.

Here is a click… 1.5 TSI MT STYLE

Full details on experience and ownership to come soon.
Congratulations on your new car! Can you confirm if you see a different roofliner in your car? We've been hearing rumours of a silent update to the Kushaq roofliner.
Old 26th November 2021, 12:34   #1819
BHPian

Surprised to see people still buying the Kushaq after reading/listening about the fuel pump fiasco. Personally, I would stay far away from this product and put my hard earned money elsewhere. IMO VW and Skoda have botched up the two 'most anticipated' products of 2021 and have only themselves to blame. The cost cutting is immediately apparent to not only to a discerning customer but also to the "regular Joe".
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:51   #1820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Surprised to see people still buying the Kushaq after reading/listening about the fuel pump fiasco. Personally, I would stay far away from this product and put my hard earned money elsewhere. IMO VW and Skoda have botched up the two 'most anticipated' products of 2021 and have only themselves to blame. The cost cutting is immediately apparent to not only to a discerning customer but also to the "regular Joe".
Depends on priority what each have. If I am in the market I will definitely buy Kushaq over others and keep getting surprised over others decision to buy other cars in the segment

Last edited by sunikkat : 26th November 2021 at 12:58.
sunikkat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:56   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
To each his own mate. You may stay away from these products, whereas there might be scores of others who will buy only these products. Can't make sweeping statements, buddy, as everyone will have their own set of choices.
K.grg is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:03   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Come on man! Not this topic again!! We've had scores of threads derailed because of similar statements. But like the others said, to each his own.
Shome is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:11   #1823
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Similarly it is surprising to see people buying Seltos with barely a 3 star safety rating for more than 20L.

This argument has gone on long enough as others mentioned. Everyone has different choices.
Vid6639 is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:18   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
Congratulations on your new car! Can you confirm if you see a different roofliner in your car? We've been hearing rumours of a silent update to the Kushaq roofliner.
I’ve not noticed any difference in the roof liner. However, the disclaimer here is that the stocking godown had very poor lighting.

Will recheck and update next week. I’ve been told that it’s a Sept mfg car.

Quote:
Surprised to see people still buying the Kushaq after reading/listening about the fuel pump fiasco. Personally, …
The cost cutting is immediately apparent to not only to a discerning customer but also to the "regular Joe".
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Depends on priority what each have. If I am in the market I will definitely buy Kushaq over others and keep getting surprised over others decision to buy other cars in the segment
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.grg View Post
… Can't make sweeping statements, buddy, as everyone will have their own set of choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Come on man! Not this topic again!! We've had scores of threads derailed because of similar statements. But like the others said, to each his own.
Cost cutting is there and I don’t deny that. I don’t see a problem with the roof liner as it’s hardly ever touched or seen (as far as i’m a concerned). I’ve hardly ever noticed the roof liner on my polo in the last 7 years. Now when Kushaq liner was shown, I squeezed my 2014 GT TSI to check and it seemed to be as squishy as the demo Kushaq car.

The problem I see are with the the aircon vent on the sides; flimsy controls for airflow! Second, the motors on the power windows. They are noisier and slower than Polo window motors.

Rest of cost cutting are not apparent for daily usage.

All the daily/regular touch points are as per VAG Global car standards and there is no perceptible change in quality.

Hence, I have decided to go on with the booking as these don’t hamper my daily usage (I am mostly with auto ac on due to dust and outside pollution - so windows closed for 90% of drives in last 7 years).

As for the fuel pump, this is a production batch problem which is easily solvable by product recall. Tell me one OEM who hasn’t done recall/repair on global basis. So, this decision was as easy.
KapilD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:36   #1825
Team-BHP Support

Visited the Skoda showroom with a friend two days back and checked a couple of display cars and one getting ready for delivery - didn't find any improvement in the roof liner.

Interestingly - the showroom displayed ONLY Kushaq (Used to have Octavia, Superb and Rapid on display earlier - now just one TD Rapid seen outside) and had every single colour on display.

Slavia definitely has a better liner material - so it wont be long before the updates are carried over to the Kushaq as well, along with digital instrumentation (and hopefully 8 speakers too!)

As per the SA - Waiting period is 2 months on an average and depends on the variant and colour.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th November 2021 at 14:37.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:52   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
.. Interestingly - the showroom displayed ONLY Kushaq (Used to have Octavia, Superb and Rapid on onedisplay earlier - now just one TD Rapid seen outside) and had every single colour on display.
As per the SA - Waiting period is 2 months on an average and depends on the variant and colour.
It seems the dealer wants to play the volume game.

However, the Global Motocorp showroom (I visited) in Kolkata had Rapid Matte, Superp, Octavia and Kushaq in display.

As for the waiting period, I guess not many people opting for 1.5 MT. So, for me, booked/dealer placed order on 18 Nov, started transit update received and the car arrived in stockyard on 25 Nov.

Others waiting for 1.0
KapilD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:05   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post

The problem I see are with the the aircon vent on the sides; flimsy controls for airflow! Second, the motors on the power windows. They are noisier and slower than Polo window motors.

Rest of cost cutting are not apparent for daily usage.

All the daily/regular touch points are as per VAG Global car standards and there is no perceptible change in quality.

As for the fuel pump, this is a production batch problem which is easily solvable by product recall. Tell me one OEM who hasn’t done recall/repair on global basis. So, this decision was as easy.
I agree, I also own VAG cars and now Taigun. Apparently on daily usage you will not notice cost cutting done in some areas. I feel the whole cost cutting thing has been blown out of proportion on social media. There are some additional goodies offered in 2.0 cars that are going unnoticed like rear seating space, more usable boot, better storage spaces inside the cabin, sound system, engine etc. None of these were offered in Polo, Vento or Rapid. Look at the positives as well. No car will ever be perfect. Like it has been said to each his own.
TJ02 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:16   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Slavia definitely has a better liner material - so it wont be long before the updates are carried over to the Kushaq as well, along with digital instrumentation (and hopefully 8 speakers too!)
This line makes me reconsider booking a Kushaq right now. Though I like analog clusters and I'm not a fan of the half baked digital cluster in Taigun, I would have a lot of heartburn if an update is released in Feb/Mar with 8 speakers and better interiors.
Old 26th November 2021, 15:35   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBeeR View Post
This line makes me reconsider booking a Kushaq right now. Though I like analog clusters and I'm not a fan of the half baked digital cluster in Taigun, I would have a lot of heartburn if an update is released in Feb/Mar with 8 speakers and better interiors.
I would have also gone for Slavia but it’s length would have been a problem in congested city driving condition and lanes in Kolkata. The only perk was the boot space, leg space being the same.

So you may consider your living (city) and driving conditions and the pros and cons of having 30 cm of extra car length, rest of features being shared.
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:39   #1830
BHPian

Thanks KapilD. I, perhaps, didn't state my predicament correctly.
I will only book the Kushaq. It's a question of booking it now and getting a Jan 2022 manufactured model without any potential updates or wait till end of Q1 2022 and hopefully get a better interior and sound system.
I liked Slavia, but the Kushaq has my heart. I work in B'lore so just like you, I also prefer a slightly more compact vehical.
CeeBeeR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks