Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2022, 14:09   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
Here's a video that I managed to get:
Does this happen when it's connecting to Air Play wirelessly only? Have you checked via a wired connection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
[b]
- The door beading noise has become bothersome now. The noise disappears after a car wash but it does reappear again.
Please do buy a can of Wurth Silicone spray. It will really help.

Quote:
I'm confused about the optimum tyre pressure on the car.
Please use your own pump and also have a manual gauge. Change the pump to bar from psi. Use 2.4 bar for 2 people. Check what's more comfortable for you 2.3, 2.35 or 2.4 bar. For the 1.5 TSI, 2.4 bar is excellent with 2 people. With 4 people, 0.5 bar more and with light luggage another 0.5 bar. Use a Michelin tyre pressure gauge after you fill air. Air must be filled when the car is cold which is why I suggest getting your own air pump.

Quote:
The air conditioning is adequate in Pune's 38 degree weather. I used to leave it on auto earlier but now cycle between level 2 and 3 with a temperature range between 19 and 22degrees.

- At times, the blower does some weird yoga antics. Inhale exhale kinda stuff if you know what I mean.
Use 23 degrees and fan speed 3 with internal circulation. Let me know how it works for you.

Quote:
Given the terrain and the really short drive to my favourite vada pav wala, I've been seeing pretty abysmal mileage. Combine that with highway runs between Pune - Thane and back, the mileage is around 10km/l.
Keep a light foot. Better still try and get used to using the cruise control even on non highway drives. The engine meters the fuel beautifully when cruise is engaged. Sometimes we feel we have a light foot but it actually is not.

Quote:
Since the roads where I live have a bit of an incline and a gradient, the transmission doesn't shift to D1 when I go to a full stop while going over a speed bump. The transmission acts confused at times at D1 and D2 so I manually shift to D1 at speeds under 15km/hr.
Speed bump crossings usually don't need D1. Also the times it gets confused is when the speed bumps have cracks and undulations on it. That is typically when you see it trying to pick the right software route to select the gear.

Quote:
- I used to get pretty good mileage numbers earlier...
HP normal fuel from the factory outlet is what I use.

Quote:
The car has gaps where dry leaves, fine grains of sand settle. Especially around the boot.
You need this -
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2022 at 20:30. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Newtown is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 16:01   #1307
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown View Post
Please do buy a can of Wurth Silicone spray. It will really help.
Will do. You've never replaced the door beadings have you?

Quote:
Please use your own pump and also have a manual gauge. Change the pump to bar from psi. Use 2.4 bar for 2 people. Check what's more comfortable for you 2.3, 2.35 or 2.4 bar. For the 1.5 TSI, 2.4 bar is excellent with 2 people. With 4 people, 0.5 bar more and with light luggage another 0.5 bar. Use a Michelin tyre pressure gauge after you fill air. Air must be filled when the car is cold which is why I suggest getting your own air pump.
I get the air filled at a Shell bunk which is a kilometer away from where I stay. This is usually done early in the morning.
Any suggestions for the pump? Haven't found a decent one.

Quote:
Use 23 degrees and fan speed 3 with internal circulation. Let me know how it works for you.
Will do and report.

Quote:
Keep a light foot. Better still try and get used to using the cruise control even on non highway drives. The engine meters the fuel beautifully when cruise is engaged. Sometimes we feel we have a light foot but it actually is not.
In increments of 10 km/hr, do you feel the car dart ahead? Or do you modulate the cruise control in increments of 1km/hr?

Quote:
Speed bump crossings usually don't need D1. Also the times it gets confused is when the speed bumps have cracks and undulations on it. That is typically when you see it trying to pick the right software route to select the gear.
I've been facing this on speed bumps and inclines as well. Will share a video separately.

Quote:
HP normal fuel from the factory outlet is what I use.
Sadly no factory outlets around where I live.

Quote:
Thanks, will get this.

Old 6th May 2022, 18:37   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Does this happen when it's connecting to Air Play wirelessly only? Have you checked via a wired connection?
This happens once in a hundred times. I don't usually keep a cable, and my dad doesn't really need a charger, so it's via the wireless connection only.
Old 6th May 2022, 18:45   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
You've never replaced the door beadings have you?
That is correct. I haven't replaced the door beadings.

Quote:
Any suggestions for the pump? Haven't found a decent one.
I have found that the ones that have a clamp to keep the tube firmly fixed to the valve stem are more convenient than the screw on kinds. I have both (for different cars) Also choose one with a long tube. There is pump by TUSA on Amazon. Although decent, the tube is too small and you have to awkwardly prop it up against the tyre to make it easy to fill air.

Apart from a pump, a gauge is very important.

https://www.amazon.in/MICHELIN-Digit...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Quote:
In increments of 10 km/hr, do you feel the car dart ahead? Or do you modulate the cruise control in increments of 1km/hr?
Leave space and then you can do the 10 km/hr increment. The key is keeping more space than usual ahead of you. Then modulating is a breeze just using the cruise buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
This happens once in a hundred times. I don't usually keep a cable, and my dad doesn't really need a charger, so it's via the wireless connection only.
If you will, try a cable only from the perspective of troubleshooting.
Old 8th May 2022, 20:14   #1310

We were looking for a replacement for our 2013 Ford Figo TDCI which we had sold in Feb. We needed only by around October but we started our hunt early due to the large waiting period now. Since our daily running is quite high (40 KMs for me, 80 KMs for my wife at her current posting) we had finalized on Nexon EV. Even though we had almost finalized on Nexon EV, we checked out the following cars around the same price range on the same day.

1. Astor Turbo AT/ Astor NA CVT:
The Astor appeared to be luxurious inside out. And the Turbo AT drove well as well. But we found the under thigh support was a bit poor. Also it was a bit too out of the budget considering the FE and additional running cost over the price of the car.
We also test drove the 1.5 NA CVT. It had the rubber band effect going against it in addition to the poor under thigh support.

2. Honda City AT:
We did not test drive the vehicle but the city interiors did not appeal to me or my wife. Though there is a lot more space inside in the CITY, we loved the interiors in Nexon much more than this.

Now, we had few time left with us for the Nexon EV test drive vehicle to arrive (It was out for a test drive for another customer and we thought we would rather get the test drive done in the same day as getting a time for a test drive together later would take 1-2 weeks). It was already late (around 6:15 PM) and we thought of checking out the Taigun as well. We immediately called EVM VW Cheranellur and the sales rep mentioned they are still open and we could have a test drive.
We headed to the EVM showroom, even though it was raining heavily. They were (Mr Shibu and Mr Sanoop) very courteous and offered a test drive of the car.
We were interested in 1.0 AT only due to reliability concerns of DSG. Loved the car, the overall space and comfort and was fun enough to drive.
Now we were very impressed with the attitude of the sales team and they mentioned they have a very good offer from VW for the month of April (50k discount on Ex-Showroom price) and that it is the first time VW has given such a good offer. We were not looking for an ICE vehicle and we just asked whether they could arrange a test drive on the following Sunday at my home (20 Kms away), so that my parents could check it out as well. They promptly agreed.
(We had asked the same question to the MG sales guys as well, but they said they do not work on Sundays so arranged one for the following Saturday)

On Sunday morning, I just asked my father on his opinion on changing the 2009 Dzire Zxi our parents currently drive (Both my parents still drive). He said he will think about it. Anyways, Mr Sanoop came with the car for test drive (Really appreciate this considering his wife was admitted in hospital for delivery. He mentioned this when he came, otherwise we would have not asked him to come). Both my parents liked the car and we asked the exchange price for our 2009 Dzire and he mentioned a decent price.
We discussed this within family and decided to go ahead with the Highline 1.0 AT Curcuma Yellow, considering the 50K discount and imminent price hike in May. Paid 10k advanced on the same day and completed the balance payment within 2 days. We got the car delivered on the following Saturday
The MG showroom arranged the test drive on the same day we took delivery of the Taigun (We had informed them that we booking the car would be unlikely upfront but they still came for the test drive). I casually informed the Sales rep that he could have got a sale had he arranged a test drive on the previous Sunday.

So I would say, just because of the attitude of the sales guys at EVM VW, we bought a new car out of the blue. There was no plan to replace our parents car and it just happened very spontaneously. We still have the Nexon EV booked as our Figo replacement and the booking experience is a different story altogether.

This is the price break up of what we paid:
Ex Showroom: 1439900
TCS: 14399
Insurance: 27500 (Including 50% NCB from Dzire)
Road Tax: 188202
TP & Fastag: 700
Cash Discount: -50000
Corporate Discount: -5000

Total: 16,26,201

We did not opt for the accessories package costing around 10,500. Chose to order a mat online and get the mudflaps fitted later as they did not have the mat and mudflaps in stock separately. We also took the extended warranty for 5&6 year at 29,499 and the 3rd and 4th year service package at 16,499 (The 1st and 2nd year service package was already included as part of the April offer).

This is the first VW in our family. I hope we will have a trouble free experience with this. Also such was the experience with the Sales team that we did not even cross check for better offers with other dealers. Curious to know from other members if the behavior of a sales team has influenced a car purchase when there was never a plan for one
gngdev is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 19:43   #1311
BHPian

Quick update on the mileage figures of my 1.0 MT mini-Tiguan:

Our Taigun is used by everyone at home - mostly by my mom and then dad and I use it whenever it's parked at home. My parents had gone away for a 12 day holiday, during which I parked the other two cars safely, and went ahead and made the Taigun my daily drive. According to the odometer reset, I drove 708.9 kms in 12 days. Most of the driving was in traffic hours, and little bit of it on empty roads / highways. To give some idea, I live in Gurgaon (~5 kms from Ambience Mall) and go to Delhi almost every day. During the 12 days, I also took the car to Old Delhi, North Campus, and all possible places with traffic of all types (not for fun, but for work).

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4062.jpg

While I was able to record the highest mileage of 23 kmpl when I went from Gurgaon to CP at 8:30 AM on a Monday (with AC of course, and maintaining a speed of 70-80 kmph on the highway, and then 60 kmph in Delhi roads)

Lowest of 13.5 kmpl, when I went from Gurgaon to North campus (during peak Karol Bagh traffic hours in the afternoon) and back (close to 70 kms).

While I didn't keep a track of all the trips,here's a picture of what the car showed after 390 kms of refuelling.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4311.jpg
(ignore the red-ish edge, probably something wrong with my camera)

Overall, I think if driven sedately (and of course, once in a while, let the turbo do it's job when redlining the engine) this car is very efficient. I wasn't expecting figures above 15 kmpl in any case, but this is past my expectations.

With everyone driving it on regular days, it returns 12-14 kmpl, which is fair enough.
adigup is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 18:50   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva14 View Post

Taigun Topline 2022 coded!

====
5. Driver Side window UP/DOWN with remote
Hi Atharva great work, this opens up possibilities on Kushaq Monte Carlo, Slavia and Volkswagen Virtus.
Is there a possibility to activate Driver + Passenger side UP/DOWN with remote? This will not only provide some sort of cross-ventilation when resuming after parked in sun, but also closing windows when only two windows have been operated.

Last edited by Javelin : 10th May 2022 at 18:59. Reason: Typo
Old 10th May 2022, 21:48   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Hi Atharva great work, this opens up possibilities on Kushaq Monte Carlo, Slavia and Volkswagen Virtus.
Is there a possibility to activate Driver + Passenger side UP/DOWN with remote? This will not only provide some sort of cross-ventilation when resuming after parked in sun, but also closing windows when only two windows have been operated.
Not as of now, these new VAG cars get only driver side up/down feature which in turn restricts the auto rolling of other windows. Definitely waiting for Vw to provide customers with this OEM upgrade for all windows, paying the premium!
Atharva14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 20:50   #1314

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to buy to my first car in the next few weeks. Having zeroed down on the Taigun, I am now torn between a 1.0L Manual and a 1.0L Automatic transmission.

The following considerations are to be made:
-
  • Planning this one for a 10Yr+ period (I'm currently 32 yrs old)
  • Major usage: Driven by wifey and me on trips out of Bengaluru (We have my wife's car which will be used for in-city bumper-bumper traffic)
  • Minor usage: Office commute on rainy days (since I'd any day prefer a bike for office commute on other days)
  • Budget (Highline and Highline AT, both are in consideration. 1.5L s are out)
  • Although I like spirited driving and travelling, I don't precisely indulge in pushing performance limits or getting greater speeds.

1. There's a self of me who is sad not to have owned and driven a manual car ever. Buying a manual, keeping it as a classic, maintaining the man-machine connection. It prefers the engagement required for driving a stick and the control it offers. Buying an automatic almost feels like the end of an era to this self.

2. There's the other self of me who bets in the next 5 years I will end up missing the convenience of an AT and then regret my decision.

Would be good to know if anyone can relate and had similar thoughts at the time of finalising your car, and finally, what did you decide on ?
Old 11th May 2022, 22:43   #1315

As you do not have to drive in peak bangalore traffic on most days, go for manual any day.
I am 37, and hv no problems with the manual (considering 5 yrs from now you will be 37 ).
Me and my wife had similar discussions while purchasing the car (only I drive) wrt length of ownership and usage.

I also used only my bike in bangalore, and we got ours when we recently moved back to delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenboi View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to buy to my first car in the next few weeks. Having zeroed down on the Taigun, I am now torn between a 1.0L Manual and a 1.0L Automatic transmission.
[*]Planning this one for a 10Yr+ period (I'm currently 32 yrs old)[*]Major usage: Driven by wifey and me on trips out of Bengaluru (We have my wife's car which will be used for in-city bumper-bumper traffic)[*]Minor usage: Office commute on rainy days (since I'd any day prefer a bike for office commute on other days)

Last edited by Aditya : 16th May 2022 at 05:02. Reason: Quote tag fixed
AnjanKatna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 08:54   #1316

Sold my Renault Fluence and booked TAIGUN 1.0AT Topline & XUV7OO X7L.
Got delivery of wild cherry Taigun within 5 days (Delhi).

Must say, driving pleasure is awesome as compared to Creta or Seltos. All good parts are already mentioned in the forum. What should be there and what should not be there is already highlighted.

But I want to highlight few things which are bothering me a lot personally from the perspective of a non-enthusiastic driver after 1 month of driving.

1.) No sunglass holder.

2.) Car horn (No one takes me seriously on Delhi roads when I blow horn)

3.) Plasticky door panel (should provide upholstry atleast there.)

4.) Annoying smell inside. (must be due to Delhi heat)

5.) Mileage inside the city = max 8kmpl I got. Never driven on highway yet.

6.) One touch Up/Down not working.

7.) Small potholes felt inside.

OVERALL: Driving pleasure is fantastic. Pickup is amazing.

Thanks
Dr. Sumit

—————————
Mod note:
Dear BHP’ian,
Your post is very poorly constructed and is an eyesore to read.

Please ensure that you:

- Use CAPITAL letters where required.

- Proof-read your posts to correct language & grammatical errors.

- Use the right punctuation.

- Use spaces properly (between sentences as well as paragraphs).

Thank you for the support. These steps would go a long way in making your posts pleasurable to read for all of us (members & guests included).

Last edited by Axe77 : 14th May 2022 at 03:17. Reason: Please see Mod note above.
sumitsolanki200 is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th May 2022, 11:58   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
1. There's a self of me who is sad not to have owned and driven a manual car ever. Buying a manual, keeping it as a classic, maintaining the man-machine connection. It prefers the engagement required for driving a stick and the control it offers. Buying an automatic almost feels like the end of an era to this self.
2. There's the other self of me who bets in the next 5 years I will end up missing the convenience of an AT and then regret my decision.
Honestly, I would always go for an automatic. The convenience it offers is unparalleled. If you ever feel like taking control just put it in S mode and use the paddle shifters/gear lever, I know it is not the same thing but at least it lets you take control. You will miss the AT if you are ever stuck in traffic or on days when you just want to enjoy a comfortable leisure drive.
TurbochargedT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 12:30   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manual or AT is your personal preference but practical point of view, AT makes more sense with ever increasing traffic and congestion. Unless you are die hard fan of manual and can't live without the stick shift feel, I'd suggest to go for AT anytime. Once you drive AT, the comfort and convenience it provides is unmatched. You can cover more distance /plan more trips without worrying about fatigue and believe me, your body will thank you
Plus it is future proof as well since you want to keep car for long time.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th May 2022 at 15:21. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 11:59   #1319
BHPian

Hey folks,
Since the first day of ownership, and the first 'wash', I have noticed some black residue which leaks from the front end of the car. It is usually from the tires, whenever water is poured on it. I think it's brake dust.
I just wanted to confirm here again. Is it really brake dust? or is it something I should be worried about. I have never experienced anything like this on any other car.

Attaching pictures:
Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4321.jpg
(Car was moved to click picture)

Volkswagen Taigun Review-img_4337.jpg
(This is from the driveway where we usually park the car)
Old 15th May 2022, 13:53   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Would be good to know if anyone can relate and had similar thoughts at the time of finalising your car, and finally, what did you decide on ?
Once you drive an AT in all probability you will continue to prefer AT. I have driven MT for about 16 yrs and am not missing it anymore. My driving has become more sorted and am enjoying it. Since you are not for spirited driving or pushing the car you may consider AT. For man to machine connect you can use manual mode thought it won't be same as MT. Welcome to taigun 1.0 AT club.
prabhu7944 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks