Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2022, 12:44   #7156
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Faced two unusual issues with my 7OO yesterday! Video attached for reference.

1. In the first issue - I had connected the iPhone to the data port of the car before starting the car. This generally causes the CarPlay to come up on its own but yesterday the screen just blanked out which forced me to disconnect the phone and the result was Issue 1 in the video.
  2. I am not sure what manifested the second issue, but when I turned the car off, the radio refused to turn off. A quick reset by disconnecting the battery restored sanity.
Old 12th October 2022, 13:13   #7157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I have PM-ed their CS Head's mail id. When I had an issue with then fuel system, he was prompt to respond and get a resolution.
Could you please DM me the email address.
Old 12th October 2022, 13:29   #7158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
CAFE norms would be mentioned along with the variant; but this one is the colour code of M&M for the Midnight Black colour. I had the same code right from the first day of booking and is also mentioned in the RC.
Not entirely sure what the code means but I have booked Midnight Black color and I have C2 mentioned in my booking.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-image.jpg  

Old 12th October 2022, 14:06   #7159

Hello fellow BHPians,

Though XUV7OO is in scarcity, especially the diesel variants, I got a call from a dealer in Bengaluru that they have AX5 P Automatic and AX5 D Manual readily available.

I'm looking for AX5 D Automatic, so did not proceed with the offer.

Just checking how is this so readily available. Could these be units rejected by the original allottee due to issues during PDI?

Best,
Old 12th October 2022, 14:54   #7160
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Finally, my long wait is nearing to an end. SA called me and informed that the vehicle has been allocated to me and it is in transit. I got the Chassis number as well. Just have couple of questions and I was looking if anyone can help me with it.

1) As per the Chassis number, the vehicle is manufactured this month, given that it's just 12 days, how can a vehicle of this size be manufactured so quickly?

2) SA sent me few terms and conditions. The first one says final payment should be made within 10 working days from the date allotted. Is this common practice? The vehicle is still in transit, and I haven't done my PDI. How can I complete the payment without PDI?

3) Insurance quoted is very high, so I am planning to look for quotes myself. What are some of the major things which needs to be covered as part of the insurance?
Old 12th October 2022, 15:52   #7161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssBee View Post

Just checking how is this so readily available. Could these be units rejected by the original allottee due to issues during PDI?

Best,
The L variants are in scarcity. Lower variants (AX3 and AX5) have been available readily with some dealers since a while now.
Old 12th October 2022, 18:17   #7162
BHPian

Just completed 10k kms on my XUV7OO D AT and also got the car serviced, Very good and prompt service provided by service station viz. Shiv autowings in Pimpri Chinchwad, Pune.

Besides the regular service procedure which includes engine oil change, DEF, suspension torquing, air filter change etc. the car had three software updates pending including Apple car play, the second key pairing and I also asked for wheel alignment. I left the vehicle at the service station at 1030 hours in the morning and got it by 1945 hours in the evening same day. The staff was surely according some priority to xuv7oo customers. 12 Liters of DEF was refilled which took the level to 89 %, suspension torquing has had a positive effect on the ride quality, not much has changed as far as the driving experience is concerned. The mileage display on the infotainment has become more dynamic after the service, may be due to software update, any change in driving style increases or decreases the mileage more readily now.
The service cost was 5830 including wheel alignment, very happy with the service experience.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 09:42   #7163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post
Not entirely sure what the code means but I have booked Midnight Black color and I have C2 mentioned in my booking.
C2 is related to BS-6 norms.
If you check your colour code you'll notice that it starts with C1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
Hi everyone,

Finally, my long wait is nearing to an end. SA called me and informed that the vehicle has been allocated to me and it is in transit. I got the Chassis number as well. Just have couple of questions and I was looking if anyone can help me with it.

1) As per the Chassis number, the vehicle is manufactured this month, given that it's just 12 days, how can a vehicle of this size be manufactured so quickly?

2) SA sent me few terms and conditions. The first one says final payment should be made within 10 working days from the date allotted. Is this common practice? The vehicle is still in transit, and I haven't done my PDI. How can I complete the payment without PDI?

3) Insurance quoted is very high, so I am planning to look for quotes myself. What are some of the major things which needs to be covered as part of the insurance?
Please do not make any payment before doing the PDI. Make it very clear to the SA. If they still insist then ask for a mail from the dealer stating the conditions and tell them that you'll reply through mail. That should be enough for the SA to back-off, but if they still insist then reply through mail stating that payment would be done after satisfactory PDI and keep customer care in the loop in all mail correspondence.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 15:26   #7164
BHPian

My relative just bought a silver XUV700 AX7L automatic quite recently. Not sure if these are documented issues, but am posting it here in case it helps prospects:

1) The hood was clearly misaligned on the left-hand side and the right-hand side.
2) The tread patterns on the left-hand side of the tires are different from that of the right-hand side. That is, if the treads on the LHS are facing forwards for the front and rear tires, the treads on the RHS are facing backwards for the front and rear tires.

Something else that we found in the service yard and the workshop- almost all the XUV700s there had misaligned hoods. I used to make fun of the misaligned keyhole shrouds in the Punto and Linea and how they were never able to line them up throughout the production run of those cars. Well, at least those misalignments were uniform. In the XUV700, it varied wildly from car to car. If the hood shutlines lined up perfectly around the headlights, the shutlines near the hinge and the A-pillar would be off. I've never seen this sort of variance even in a Gurkha.

To the person(s) who was/were responsible for the QC at the Mahindra plant: Please consult an optometrist and get a pair of new glasses. If your glasses are new, then the optometrist is pulling a fast one. If that's not the case, it's probably time to retire. Please let someone else do this job better.

The staff at the dealer's service center had one thing to say: Sir, this is how it came from the factory.

That's it. No one was listening to what we had to say or bothered to use any logic in even thinking of how can tread patterns on both sides of the vehicle be different. No one was interested in checking out and identifying an issue. God help the customers in case something complex comes up (especially with regard to electronics- there seem to be a lot of that going on in this car).

I happened to be the one who did the PDI and ended up looking like a chump (the PDI team at the dealer missed these as well, so that makes us a gang of chumps) when my relative went to the showroom with his family and discovered that the misaligned hood and later on, the differing tread patterns. The poor guy had to return home and ask that the issue be rectified, and the car given to him the next day. I had gone with him to the service yard and witnessed the debacle mentioned above.

I know that I sound harsh, but it's appalling to see this kind of flaws in a vehicle that costs 30 large ones on the road. What this whole exercise has taught me is how sorted the Innova is (even though it is ancient at this point). Sad- can't be vocal for local if this is the case at this price point.
evilmessiah is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 16:48   #7165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post
2) The tread patterns on the left-hand side of the tires are different from that of the right-hand side. That is, if the treads on the LHS are facing forwards for the front and rear tires, the treads on the RHS are facing backwards for the front and rear tires.
This is normal. I'm not sure I understand the concern here. Tyres are not manufactured for left side or right side installation. How can the tread pattern be facing same direction for left and right side installed tyres?

Last edited by neel911 : 13th October 2022 at 16:50.
neel911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 17:05   #7166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
This is normal. I'm not sure I understand the concern here. Tyres are not manufactured for left side or right side installation. How can the tread pattern be facing same direction for left and right side installed tyres?
My bad- what I had meant was that the tires on one side were installed wrong. Unless I'm mistaken, I think tires do have inside and outside orientations. So, on one side, the part of the tires that should be facing inside was facing outside and that's why the tread patterns were different on either sides.

Another giveaway was that the manufacturing date codes for the tires if installed correctly should be on the outside of the tire (Do correct me if I'm wrong here as well- the service personnel had said that this would be mixed up, but I don't buy that). In this case, it was outside of the tires on one side and on the inside facing part of the tires on the other side. That was not the case in another XUV700 in the workshop where the manufacturing date codes were on the outside part of all the tires.

Last edited by evilmessiah : 13th October 2022 at 17:07.
evilmessiah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 17:30   #7167
BHPian

Quote:
May be i am wrong, but feel free to correct me. The tires are not manufactured as right or left side one, and if tread marks are in opposite direction, that can be corrected by rotating the tire inside out and that should be pretty much easily be done. That way one problem of tread direction is solved for you.

Regarding the misaligned body panel, this probably is a concern with almost every 1st gen cars, as production issues can only be found over time and will be corrected in batch manner to keep the outputs consistent. Generally an year or two is needed to sort niggles initially. Thats why buying a new product when launched is like being guinea pig, you are the ones who pays to get experimented on.

Thanks
Sid
Old 13th October 2022, 18:18   #7168

Looking at number of issues (mostly minor as in they can be ignored ) and being an owner of an AX7 petrol Manual since January 2022 , I wanted to give my 2 cents about the niggles / observation so, here it is-

1. I idle my engine before setting off anywhere and I have seen this issue with rpm control after clutch dump either when starting on a slight hill or after a fresh start after days. After slowly taking my foot off clutch the rpms goes till 3-4k on their own and keeps fast revving on 2k-4k range for 5-6 seconds. I have always kept the clutch pressed after any intimation of this auto rev and it takes time to settle down. It's like pulling on choke to keep the revs high but in this case the revs are quite high to say that it's vehicle's auto choke. AIso, did I mention earlier that I idle my engine first it's only after letting go of the clutch that revs go out of control. So far this has happened 2-3 times in my 3600 odo mileage.
2. Another weird niggle I faced is when I pushed the car hard one day and after slowing down the throttle inputs were barely making it move on 3rd gear 40 kmph , I shifted to 2nd on 30 but it is was still the same, so I did what a normal person would do and revved it in neutral to clear any possible choke on the air filter or unburnt fuel (I assumed ) and the issue was sorted after that.
3. Creaking noises from steering or brakes when on a downslope/ turning in a slow speed (mostly on tires turned toward left side).
4. This is more of a qualm than an issue , the petrol engine gets very hot from outside, even if you are standing near the wheels you can feel the heat. Engine temp and coolant levels are what they should be. Maybe XUV needs a bigger radiator.
5. Engine idling returns lower mileage than driving.
6. Suspensions can handle deep ruts but the small ones make tak-tak noise.
7. I feel I am too lazy and unmotivated to go to service center to get Silverbox flashed. Where are the OTA updates? Oh wait ! Vodafone network won't help with that anyways so I will see during the 10k service period.
8. My front passenger(s) kept bumping their head until one day I became the passanger and noticed that welcome function didn't let me notice high seat height and forward enough position to bump the head.
9. I am using a hardwired Viofo T130 3ch dashcam and haven't faced any battery draining issue. Though I have set it to shutdown at 12 hours after car is parked. And hardworking kit comes with a low voltage cutoff system.
10. The break pads get rusty , I live in dehradun ,it rains a lot and I have gotten rust protection from my dealer but I guess it is only meant for underbody/ chasis.
11. Steering interferes with legs if you increase the seat height. P.S. My legs are short but I have a long torso, so everyone might not face this issue.
12. Anyone knows how to do a rolling start with the push start stop button , haven't figured that out in case battery ever dies on me .
BladeRunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 18:36   #7169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) The hood was clearly misaligned on the left-hand side and the right-hand side.
May be the post from abirnale can help you here to get the hood aligned properly.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5358883

Hope this helps!
fusionbang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 13:37   #7170

Hi All, just bringing back the point on dilemma of petrol vs Diesel. I am looking for company lease, and evaluating AX5 Manual Petrol and Diesel.

- Lease term 3 years
- Monthly lease cost for diesel is Rs 1100 more than petrol and non buyout and buyout scenario.
- For buyout scenario cost of petrol is Rs 60 K less than diesel.
- I plan to keep the car for another 4-5 years post lease. So total of 7-8 years.
- My monthly running is 600-700 km. 70 % city 30% highway.
- I stay in Delhi NCR so 10 year diesel ad 15 year petrol rule applies.
- I own 2015 XUV 500 W8 FWD, which gives me 12 in City and 15-17 on Highways.

What i am trying to understand is :
1. Which of the variant (D vs P) will retain more resale value post 8 years in NCR and by how much ?
2. Which variant will have lower cost of ownership through 8 years (running cost + maintenance)?

Thanks in advance.
gauravkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks