Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2022, 11:14   #211

Re: Hyundai i20 N Line Review

Booked a N8 DCT in Polar White with a black roof two weeks back. Have been told it will be 3 months to delivery in Hyderabad, but he will get back if it is available early.
ascension is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 08:09   #212
BHPian

Hey guys, quick question about the paddle shifters , is the only way to disengage them to switch to sports mode and back. I cannot seem to find a different way to directly go back to auto from paddle.
Old 28th April 2022, 08:11   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension View Post
Booked a N8 DCT in Polar White with a black roof two weeks back. Have been told it will be 3 months to delivery in Hyderabad, but he will get back if it is available early.
Big congrats on the purchase, 3 months seem so long. I’m guessing the dual tone was high in demand.
Old 28th April 2022, 21:58   #214
BHPian

My N line N8 starry night has just reached stockyard. Delivery on Tuesday .
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-92909130f87e49caa0bf7e7291c241d8.jpeg  

a_bharadwaj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 22:01   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Have been told it will be 3 months to delivery in Hyderabad, but he will get back if it is available early.
Hmmm. that’s too long a wait. I was assured delivery in 4 weeks for all colour options - got it in 3 weeks finally.
Old 29th April 2022, 11:41   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
Hmmm. that’s too long a wait. I was assured delivery in 4 weeks for all colour options - got it in 3 weeks finally.
Yes I was surprised as well but then KUN Hyundai did not even have tentative timelines for N-line and Creta deliveries, just scribbled 'based on availability' on the board at the showroom. They are following up and keeping me updated and have created a whatsapp group with GM, CSM, etc. I have been told that the one I want is in production right now but not yet billed. I am in no rush either so it is ok but hoping that I can get it in May which will still be 2 months from booking date. Congratulations on your car as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestrok View Post
Big congrats on the purchase, 3 months seem so long. I’m guessing the dual tone was high in demand.
Thank you. Have been following your posts on this thread. Loved seeing all the changes/additions you have done. I only wanted White Dual tone so it's taking longer. They had a Starry Night, a single tone Polar White and a Red en-route two weeks back but did not want them. White DT and Titan Grey are the only two on my list.
ascension is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 08:06   #217
BHPian

Quote:
My N line N8 starry night has just reached stockyard. Delivery on Tuesday .
That Color is maginificent if I say so myself.
Is this a shade of blue ? I looked online for starry night and what I do see is a beautiful shade of blue. Congrats on the purchase !

Quote:
Thank you. Have been following your posts on this thread. Loved seeing all the changes/additions you have done. I only wanted White Dual tone so it's taking longer. They had a Starry Night, a single tone Polar White and a Red en-route two weeks back but did not want them. White DT and Titan Grey are the only two on my list.
Stellar choices ! Always best to have your favourite Color. I myself got really lucky with the titan grey, they had told me the next delivery date for titan grey would take a while but thankfully, got this one.

As for the changes n additions, thank you 🙏. I don’t envision any big visual changes in the coming future, performance wise, once I cross 10k there should be some changes coming in.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th April 2022 at 11:06. Reason: Consecutive posts merged
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 08:45   #218
BHPian

Quote:
That Color is maginificent if I say so myself.
Is this a shade of blue ?
It looks like a dual shade — bluish black shade ( What the SA told me was “Granite like colour Saar “)

Adding a day time indoor picture for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-ca13139282a7415a9910544125187ce0.jpeg  

Old 30th April 2022, 09:33   #219
BHPian

Quote:
It looks like a dual shade — bluish black shade ( What the SA told me was “Granite like colour Saar “)

Adding a day time indoor picture for reference.
That's pictures doesn't seem to the N-Line. The colour is awesome. I liked the Grey too. It too blends the accents of the plastics and the lighting beautifully.
Old 30th April 2022, 09:40   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla1979 View Post
That's pictures doesn't seem to the N-Line. The colour is awesome. I liked the Grey too. It too blends the accents of the plastics and the lighting beautifully.
This is the regular i20 . I took this just to show actual colour.
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:02   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, quick question about the paddle shifters, is the only way to disengage them to switch to sports mode and back. I cannot seem to find a different way to directly go back to auto from paddle.
I had the same question. The paddle shifters move the car into manual mode temporarily which moves back to automatic after a while (holding the accelerator for 6 seconds or lowering your speed), but it wasn't clear how to immediately shift back to automatic using a driver input. Some cars allow this by holding both paddle shifters +/- at once, but not i20 N line.

After trying a few things and spending some time on the owner's manual for i20 N Line (Page 280 or 7-27), I was able to find just one way to shift back from manual to automatic immediately.

1. If you are in D mode when you used your paddle shifters, shift to S and then back to D.
2. If you are in S mode when you used your paddle shifters, just shift back to D.

Hyundai i20 N Line Review-screenshot-20220502-2.52.18-pm.png

Hope this helps!

- Akshay

--------

i20 N Line ownership review coming soon!

Last edited by akshaysehgal : 2nd May 2022 at 15:13.
akshaysehgal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 14:09   #222

After too much deliberation and reading a lot of very informative posts in this forum / thread, decided to go ahead with the i20 N Line DCT. We went ahead and made the booking Fusion Hyundai Tirumalgiri on Monday and were quoted about 3 to 4 weeks for delivery of the Starry Night color. I wanted to check out the Titan Grey as well, but unforunately none was available for the NLine to check out how it looks and also was quoted a much longer waiting period for the Grey. So, we made the booking for the Starry Night as that colour did look quite good in the regular i20, without any accents though.

As I was reading around this forum, I see that many were recommending an immediate tyre change / upgrade. For the initial year or so, this car will most likely be used more in the city and not as much on longer drives. That said, whenever that happens, having the confidence in the tires is very important and so this question.

1. Is the tire upgrade definitely recommended?
2. Is Ashoka Tires the best place for this in Hyderabad?
3. Should I approach them first and get a quote in place and drive the car straight to get the tires changed? What cost am I looking at?
4. The dealer quoted insurance sounded very expensive and I told him that I would probably get it outside. The sales rep however went on about how getting it directly from them is beneficial etc and finally said that you get a quote and we will try to match it. With that said, should I go online to get a quote or is there any other recommended way?
5. I also came across posts in the forum that said NO to any kind of Teflon coating. Is that true for this car as well? The dealer's 'Basic Kit' apparently has that and not sure if that's a good idea or if I should just leave it stock.
6. Can someone recommend a good place to get under body coating / protection done for the car as well?
7. Finally, is there anything else I need to think about / plan for before the car reaches the stock yard?

I will present a much more detailed story / experience once we get our hands on this thing with the various decision choices etc.

Greatly appreciate insights and helpful tips provided by the co-petrolheads here.
sridiculous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 14:31   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridiculous View Post
Yes, absolutely recommended. Especially if it is equipped with CEAT or something like that.

Quote:
2. Is Ashoka Tires the best place for this in Hyderabad?
I have heard good things about Ashoka Tires. Maybe Hyderabad members can pitch in with their views.

Quote:
3. Should I approach them first and get a quote in place and drive the car straight to get the tires changed? What cost am I looking at?
Speak to both your dealership and Ashoka and see if you can swap the tyres before the stock tyres touch the road surface, in order to maximize your savings by exchanging the stock set for a better set.

Quote:
4. The dealer quoted insurance sounded very expensive and I told him that I would probably get it outside. The sales rep however went on about how getting it directly from them is beneficial etc and finally said that you get a quote and we will try to match it. With that said, should I go online to get a quote or is there any other recommended way?
Get a quote from a nationalised Insurance Co. for comprehensive insurance and get the dealership to match their quote.

Quote:
5. I also came across posts in the forum that said NO to any kind of Teflon coating. Is that true for this car as well? The dealer's 'Basic Kit' apparently has that and not sure if that's a good idea or if I should just leave it stock.
Please avoid teflon coating. You are better off getting it detailed and glass-coated from a reputed detailer. Post detail maintenance is extremely crucial or you will risk wearing out your glass coating far sooner than you may expect.

Quote:
6. Can someone recommend a good place to get under body coating / protection done for the car as well?
Please speak to a reputed detailer in your city. he may have something for you or may suggest something that suits your requirements.

Quote:
7. Finally, is there anything else I need to think about / plan for before the car reaches the stock yard?
Not really. Just keep the PDI checklist ready and ensure you follow it to the T.

All the best!
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 20:20   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As I was reading around this forum, I see that many were recommending an immediate tyre change / upgrade. For the initial year or so, this car will most likely be used more in the city and not as much on longer drives. That said, whenever that happens, having the confidence in the tires is very important and so this question.

I have a different take on this. I stuck to the stock tyres and I feel that a tyre swap after delivery is recommended, but not something you cant live without. I have mentioned the same in my review (Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review). It will serve you well for most of your driving. I would say that you can stick to it for now if its only driven in the city. I've taken the stock tyres on highways and winding roads.

Also, more on this has been discussed here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/hyunda...ng-stock-tyres

Last edited by ChiragM : 6th May 2022 at 20:41.
ChiragM is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 07:40   #225
BHPian

She’s mine!!

Got her on Tuesday.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 N Line Review-5e5e92b6b6ce45f3a7544aee1d68c561.jpeg  

a_bharadwaj is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed