Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 21:32   #1006
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus Review

What is the running-in required for the Virtus GT as per the manual? Can anyone post a snapshot of the manual specifying the running-in criteria and distances?

Thanks a lot!
Old 20th March 2023, 22:01   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
What is the running-in required for the Virtus GT as per the manual? Can anyone post a snapshot of the manual specifying the running-in criteria and distances?

Thanks a lot!
I don’t recall verbatim, but it’s recommended that the Virtus be not driven above 75% of its rev limit for the first 1000 kms. This translates to roughly 4500 RPM. At least that’s what I followed for mine. Strangely, the service crew says it’s perfectly safe to give it the full horses right out of the showroom, and there are various opposing views of the correct way to run in a brand new modern car.

I’ve had no bad effects from a controlled throttle for the first 2000 kms, a good mix of city and highway drives to get all moving parts evenly bedded and frequently topping up with 95 RON.
SUVolens is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 11:55   #1008
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a lot!
Don't exceed 2/3rd the max RPM limit for 1000 kms.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:13   #1009
BHPian

While the Verna thread is all gaga over the new Verna (as compared to the VAG twins), I don't like it as much - be it the interiors as well. The digital speedo is just so inferior. It has a few extra features but nothing really notable I'd say. No 360 cam!

However, really good pricing for 1.5 Turbo variant undercutting the VAG twins by atleast ₹1 Lakh which will translate to more than 1 lakh on road price difference!
Whereas, not that good pricing for the 1.5 NA as compared to the 1.0 TSI. Almost same or difference of just 20k with 1.0 TSI having substantially more torque due to turbo.
Interesting trends to be seen in the future.

I think for 1.0 TSI or 1.5 NA engine buyers, the VAG twins should still make a lot of sense. I'm not sure if that can be said about the 1.5 Turbo buyers with the difference of more than ₹1 lakh in price.
RaiAnish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:48   #1010
BHPian

While reviews will reveal if Hyundai managed to erase its unexciting road manners for at least their GT competitor version, I feel they’ve overcooked the looks true to their DNA. It’s much too much with all that ‘connected light bar’ gimmick front and back, overpronounced haunch, silly strakes below the tail lamps that may still pass off in a CSUV.. and I don’t even want to meander into the interiors.
But, it will still outsell the VAG sedans combined. Hyundai have figured out Indian tastes way better than the Americans and the Europeans. In a way, I’m glad. The Virtus GT will still be a standout once the Vernas hit the road in droves.
SUVolens is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 15:02   #1011
BHPian

Got my car updated today for the software campaign. It was both AC update and a specific to my car another update.

Post AC update, performance of AC on Auto mode has definitely improved. Earlier AC performance on Auto versus manual at same temperature was very different but now it is improved on Auto mode as w

Last edited by steadfast : 21st March 2023 at 15:04.
steadfast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 16:14   #1012
BHPian

@vividhavasthi
This makes the car look 5x better, I always felt that the virtus looks too high up for a sedan. You've made yours look so much better.

Also, are you planning on doing some ECU upgrades in the future too?
LBWKjesko is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 18:02   #1013

Looks great! I also own a virtus 1.5 dsg and sure would love to do the springs update as well. Can you tell me approx how much did it cost you?
Old 21st March 2023, 20:41   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Virtus GT Updates - Part 7

Delivery Date: 27th September 2022
ODO: 6100KM

I will let the pictures do the talking for this major update to the car

Before & After
Attachment 2429188

Setup
Attachment 2429189

Stance
Attachment 2429190

There were two options, a 25/35 drop, and a more aggressive 35/45 drop. I opted for the milder 25/35 drop and I think the car looks great with this setup.

Next? Exhaust modification, after that Wheels and Tyres, thinking of 225/45/R17 wrapped in PS4. Color? I’m thinking Matte Bronze (TSW or MoMo)
Looks fabulous! This is what the car should have looked like stock. Virtus and Slavia ride way too high with very ugly wheel gaps due to the car's height being overly increased for Indian spec. I was waiting for someone here to finally put some lowering springs on it and you did not disappoint. Do you know what the effective ride height is now? I think around 150-160mm should be enough for most of our roads rather than the SUV esque 180mm.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 20:53   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Looks fabulous! This is what the car should have looked like stock. Virtus and Slavia ride way too high with very ugly wheel gaps due to the car's height being overly increased for Indian spec. I was waiting for someone here to finally put some lowering springs on it and you did not disappoint. Do you know what the effective ride height is now? I think around 150-160mm should be enough for most of our roads rather than the SUV esque 180mm.
Indeed it looks much better now. I am happy to take measurements of the vehicle but need some advise on where exactly to take them from.
Old 21st March 2023, 20:57   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreep View Post
Looks great! I also own a virtus 1.5 dsg and sure would love to do the springs update as well. Can you tell me approx how much did it cost you?
~30K after the install cost from mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBWKjesko View Post
@vividhavasthi
This makes the car look 5x better, I always felt that the virtus looks too high up for a sedan. You've made yours look so much better.

Also, are you planning on doing some ECU upgrades in the future too?
A bit worried about this one as the DQ200 is already at its max torque level of 250NM, anymore will put the reliability of the gearbox in questionable territory. Unless some reputed tuners can balance this out somehow.

Quote:

The manual said 1,000KM at 75% max RPM if I remember correctly

Thanks a lot!
Old 21st March 2023, 23:02   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
A bit worried about this one as the DQ200 is already at its max torque level of 250NM, anymore will put the reliability of the gearbox in questionable territory. Unless some reputed tuners can balance this out somehow.
I saw recently on youtube that some lads had done these upgrades on a T-Roc (same engine and gearbox specs).

Last edited by bblost : 21st March 2023 at 23:28. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 21st March 2023, 23:24   #1018
BHPian

Quote:

Ever since I got the car, the car felt a bit uptight and not well balanced in terms of rear and font ride height, the rear felt too high with the front not matching the same height. I Learned about COBRA springs that were being specially designed for the Virtus via an Instragram post and after having a chat with their representative in India (Owner of the Thain Thain Ignis, Achintya) I was convinced that this would be a good upgrade. The test car looked fabulous.

[/url]
Hey,

Car looks amazing!

However, not to rain on your party but coming from an experience of tracking my cars and having daily driven 4 lowered cars, I would like to bring some information for you and the rest of the team members:

1. Lowering springs are of 0 use unless you are tracking on a regular basis. Don't let any one else fool you.

2. Where do you think the shocks from the tyres (which otherwise would have been taken by the springs) are transferred to?
Let me tell you, your engine mounts, your shocks, your steering rack, front bulkhead and radiator, intercooler.

Effect - Considerably high rate of damage to these parts.

3. Endless amount of rattle would develop in your brand new car.

4. You actually end up averaging a lower speed over distances cause you need to protect your car from these shocks and road undulations.

5. Your shocks will leak. No doubt. It's just a matter of time and you won't be able to claim warranty if you go the right way.

What these insta boys won't tell you that like me they have a different setup for tracking the car and a completely different setup for daily driving.

Let me also tell you, without proper coilover, these are just a gimmick.

However, car looks great.

Just drive over the rumble strips on the Cyberhub road to know what I'm talking about. Average 60km/hr.

Last edited by bhphog : 21st March 2023 at 23:34.
bhphog is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 23:45   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Hey,

Car looks amazing!

However, not to rain on your party but coming from an experience of tracking my cars and having daily driven 4 lowered cars, I would like to bring some information for you and the rest of the team members:

1. Lowering springs are of 0 use unless you are tracking on a regular basis. Don't let any one else fool you.

2. Where do you think the shocks from the tyres (which otherwise would have been taken by the springs) are transferred to?
Let me tell you, your engine mounts, your shocks, your steering rack, front bulkhead and radiator, intercooler.

4. You actually end up averaging a lower speed over distances cause you need to protect your car from these shocks and road undulations.

5. Your shocks will leak. No doubt. It's just a matter of time and you won't be able to claim warranty if you go the right way.

What these insta boys won't tell you that like me they have a different setup for tracking the car and a completely different setup for daily driving.

Thanks for the information. I'm not too concerned because my daily drive (and this is my use case alone) is over smooth roads with relatively few bumps - this will not end up damaging the mentioned components. This was a calculated decision, if I had to navigate over rough roads, this would never have been done.

However, anyone else doing such a modification can learn from your experience.

Apart from 0 use unless tracked, there is one use - the car looks better. Dont have to go to the track if you just want the car to look better. Which is all I wanted to do here.
vividhavasthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:19   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Hey,

Car looks amazing!

Just drive over the rumble strips on the Cyberhub road to know what I'm talking about. Average 60km/hr.
Thanks! You just saved me some heartburn. I was wondering about this exactly, all the while trying to look up Cobra springs But had this niggling doubt about second guessing VW R&D. Vehicle engineering is much more than a collection of swappable parts. Sure, cosmetic gains can be achieved at the drop of a hat and a somewhat heavy purse, but oftentimes to the detriment of the final product, especially when it’s a mass-market sedan, tuned to environments of operation with a carefully worked over cost-benefit analysis.
I don’t mind the raised stance of the VAG sedans so much even when they do look like a crocodile on its haunches rather than a basking one Having put my GT to the test at speed, over rough patches and around fast bends, I believe it’s more than adequate for the thrills minus the chills of a broken bank.
But yes, for looks alone, lowered springs do enhance the overall flavour - like MSG to a great Chinese dish.
SUVolens is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks