Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 08:04   #766
BHPian

Re: Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadiaksh View Post
Does anyone feel the lumbar support is lacking or absent in the front seats of the car? I've been driving and seating in the co passenger front seats and I have not found a comfortable position at all in the last 7 days. Back has started to pain a bit.

Looking at lumber support pillows now. So much for a new car!!
Various options are available for the lumbar support. I had this issue in my Yaris and this was fixed easily by ordering the lumbar support cushion from Amazon. Issue is with ventilated seats, you need to analyse which is the best lumbar support cushion.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 12:34   #767
BHPian

Still waiting on my vehicle but wanted to check on something with the owners.

Since the vehicle will also be driven by few other members in my household, some of who are quite forgetful (including myself), do you get a notification if the sunroof is left open?

Also, has anyone installed a darker/reflective tint on the sunroof? If yes, does it make a difference with the temperature in the cabin?
Old 26th December 2022, 20:14   #768
BHPian

Finally!! 10 months since we decided that our 12 year old i20 has had a decent run, we got our hands on the HyRyder today. From Slavia to Seltos to HyRyder, it has been one hell of a car finding journey.

We had almost got our hands on the Slavia in May, downpayment was done already only for Skoda to **** it somehow. When HyRyder got launched, we were already taking test drives and finalising Seltos but this launch made us sit back and wanting to know more of the Hybrid technology that Toyota was finally bringing to India.

The day of the price announcement, which in itself was such a long and drawn out process, ended up with us booking the V Hybrid with the ₹25,000 payment. 6 month waiting period was quoted to us by the people at Toyota so the family had conceded the fact that we will enter 2023 with our i20.

However, the stars aligned and got the call in early December that the car delivery is possible if the payment for the car - loan amount and downpayment both can be arranged before 15th. Things went into overdrive since the call and here we are with the first ever purchase made by me and I couldn't be more happier that it is the HyRyder. In the coming weeks and months, will keep sharing more pictures and updates
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_20221226_195603.jpg  

Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder Review-img_20221226_195545.jpg  

rahil_29 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 20:20   #769
BHPian

Congratulations. Hope you have an enjoyable ride. Getting mine on Wednesday.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 12:10   #770
BHPian

At worst the waiting period is 3 months and at best around 1.5 months. Yet some dealerships are still quoting upwards of 3 months.
Old 27th December 2022, 13:50   #771
BHPian

Quote:
At worst the waiting period is 3 months and at best around 1.5 months. Yet some dealerships are still quoting upwards of 3 months.
I've been waiting 4 months as of now. Was offered a G variant a few weeks ago which I refused as I am looking at the V variant only. Maybe the G variants have lower waiting periods?
Old 27th December 2022, 21:16   #772
BHPian

Quote:
It has been been over 3 months since I made the booking for the V variant strong hybrid. My SA has no clue as to when they'll be able to deliver the car. He said their dealership has not received even a single vehicle this month. I contacted Toyota (via their whatsapp customer care) and the below is what their customer service agent responded with.

Due to unexpected circumstances and additional quality checks, we are not able to deliver the vehicle on the date promised to you by us. We regret the inconvenience this delay might cause you. In line with our, Customer First Philosophy, it is our endeavor to deliver Quality products to our Customers. We will shortly intimate to you, the revised date of delivery of the vehicle.

Also, I have been reading on multiple social media platforms about some customers getting delivery in much shorter time periods. Raises a lot of questions about how Toyota is allocating vehicles to customers.
over.drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 21:32   #773
BHPian

I had booked at a Mumbai dealership in mid Oct and had a car being dispatched in Dec. White V hybrid. Had got confirmation of allocation around 1st week of December.

Tier 2 cities take a month more it seems. Had booked in September at a dealership in Vapi and got delivery mid Dec. The delivery would have been in Nov. end or Dec 1st week if not for recall.
Old 28th December 2022, 07:57   #774

Booked my Hyryder V Hybrid Online in October .Yesterday got a call from Sales advisor that my choice of color is available would have to pay full amount ASAP . He has given me a date of 30th Dec to sort out my finances otherwise would have to wait for next batch of deliveries. I am shocked that there is no protocol followed by Toyota dealer . Customers are being exploited here by the sales guys .
Old 28th December 2022, 09:13   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandish77 View Post
He has given me a date of 30th Dec to sort out my finances otherwise would have to wait for next batch of deliveries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
It has been been over 3 months since I made the booking for the V variant strong hybrid.

Toyota SAs are using really dirty tricks to get the payments out of the customers. They clearly have their delivery goals to meet by the end of the year.

I'd advise you all going through this to pay them a token amount to shut them up for a while and to reserve your booking in old prices.
It doesn't make sense to buy a 2022 registered vehicle in end of December.

Don't fall for their FOMO tactics. They all have stock available from November and December, they're just waiting for the price increase.

Also you can get up to ₹10k discount on the insurance just ask them.
tjsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 11:00   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandish77 View Post
Booked my Hyryder V Hybrid Online in October .Yesterday got a call from Sales advisor that my choice of color is available would have to pay full amount ASAP . He has given me a date of 30th Dec to sort out my finances otherwise would have to wait for next batch of deliveries. I am shocked that there is no protocol followed by Toyota dealer . Customers are being exploited here by the sales guys .
Hi. If they confirm invoicing by 31st, just go ahead with it. The prices are set to increase by at least a lakh from January 1st. Don’t bother about the year end registration. I have always registered year ehicles in the last month as I am able to squeeze out the best deals. If the car is manufactured in 2022, no matter the year of registration the right buyer wont mind. Of course this is my take on this. I suspect some customer may have cancelled (that’s how I got allotted a car).
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 11:48   #777
Distinguished - BHPian

I don’t understand why people are struggling to get deliveries of the Hyryder. It’s not as if the car is in hot demand and is flying off the shelves.

1. Hyryder sells mainly in the hybrid powertrain. Normal petrol engine buyers tend to prefer the Maruti Grand Vitara.

2. Everyone and their neighbour knows it is overpriced.

Fact is that the car has been launched for months now, and I have barely seen a couple of Hyryders on the road. Grand Vitaras, however, are a dime a dozen. There are many videos circulating online which have already proclaimed the car to be a flop. All this talk of shortages and delayed deliveries etc may very well be a deliberate ploy to keep up appearances.

Ultimately, if you can’t see a mass market car on the road, that means it is not selling.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 28th December 2022 at 11:55.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 12:18   #778
BHPian

No idea what's going on, the dealership informed me that they received only 4 cars this month. So I am still waiting for delivery.

Is the price hike confirmed?
Old 28th December 2022, 14:22   #779
BHPian

@Shreyansjain - give it time buddy. Soon there will be cars on the road. I think the pricing is justified as it is a price I am paying for technology and some fuel savings which are good for the environment.
I am informed that under the co sharing arrangements MS get 60 pct and TI gets 40 pct of the vehicles. My dealer told me that he has booking only for Hybrids. Neo drive available only in a month. Anyways time will tell whether the car is a hit or a flop. I had a Yaris which inspite of being an amazing car didn’t do too well. Maybe Hyryder is one.

BTW do you have facts which say that MS V is sold mainly in Petrol only version

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 28th December 2022 at 14:23. Reason: Added content
Old 28th December 2022, 15:22   #780
BHPian

Can you please share the links for the videos which say the hyryder is a flop? Would be helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I don’t understand why people are struggling to get deliveries of the Hyryder. It’s not as if the car is in hot demand and is flying off the shelves.

1. Hyryder sells mainly in the hybrid powertrain. Normal petrol engine buyers tend to prefer the Maruti Grand Vitara.

2. Everyone and their neighbour knows it is overpriced.

Fact is that the car has been launched for months now, and I have barely seen a couple of Hyryders on the road. Grand Vitaras, however, are a dime a dozen. There are many videos circulating online which have already proclaimed the car to be a flop. All this talk of shortages and delayed deliveries etc may very well be a deliberate ploy to keep up appearances.

Ultimately, if you can’t see a mass market car on the road, that means it is not selling.
sparks4077 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks