Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 13:09   #871
BHPian

Well I am also in market for cruze or elantra and would now definitely wait till Diwali. Will try to confirm from my friends in Chevrolet about this news. If nothing gets confirmed then would go instead for elantra which will at least guarantee me the peace of owning a latest model for 3-4 years at least and would hold resale value better.
Old 10th August 2012, 17:37   #872
IRS

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 2.0 Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Just an update for Cruze owners.

I faced the the similar brake noise while reversing right from the beginning (Oct 2011).
Our Cruze has done 8500 till date.

After writing several letters to the dealership, we at last got the brake dampers installed, of course free of cost. The problem is gone now.
Old 11th August 2012, 14:51   #873
BHPian

Well any news of the newer cruze being launched around Diwali?also can we have a comparison of cruze with elantra? Now days you can only rely on team-bhp for some true reviews. Some are saying that with its new gadgetry Elantra has covered every car in handling department except Jetta n Laura-Is that true?
Old 12th August 2012, 10:03   #874
BANNED

Re: Chevrolet Cruze - Another Skoda A.S.S in the making ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
Hi Guys,

I've done about 24,000kms in the last 1 year of ownership and haven't had any such complaints. I got the brakepads changed at 15,000kms, both front and rear, but other than that no complaints at all. In my brother's cruze, the brake pads lasted about 22,000kms and we got them changed to oem ones from another shop. They costed about 4500 for a set of front and rear and after driving the car with them for another 12,000 kms, there is no difference. GM is clearly ripping us off on some part costs but some of them are even cheaper than Figo parts. My rear right window glass costed me Rs. 578 while the Figo's costed me Rs. 1,100.

My brother's cruze has done about 34,000kms with no problems in the clutch and mine has done 24,000 with no issues. I would recommend you going to another Chevy A.S.S and getting it checked. Maybe your dealer is trying to rip you off.

Cheers
Hey Guys have clocked 23K Kms in my cruze in 9 months and the breakpads are good to go for another 10K kms . have checked the pads myself and also confirmed by the service center .
Old 13th August 2012, 16:47   #875
Distinguished - BHPian

Brakes in my Cruze LT (manufactured March 2011) have just been confirmed ok at 17,500 km (15k service). Brake calliper/damper kit replaced free of cost.
Old 19th August 2012, 13:19   #876
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Brakes in my Cruze LT (manufactured March 2011) have just been confirmed ok at 17,500 km (15k service). Brake calliper/damper kit replaced free of cost.
Hi, can you please confirm the reason given by the service center guys for changing the break caliper / damper kit .
Old 19th August 2012, 13:30   #877
BHPian

What are the service intervals for cruze and their expected costs? Heard that with the new engine they are increasing intervals between services...
Old 19th August 2012, 21:06   #878
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
What are the service intervals for cruze and their expected costs? Heard that with the new engine they are increasing intervals between services...
The service interval of all Chevrolet vehicles has been increased from 5000km to 7500 km, not just the new Cruze. Expected cost: 11-13K for 15K km intervals. Other services b/w 2K to 7K, excluding the brakes pads.
Old 19th August 2012, 21:41   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb

The service interval of all Chevrolet vehicles has been increased from 5000km to 7500 km, not just the new Cruze. Expected cost: 11-13K for 15K km intervals. Other services b/w 2K to 7K, excluding the brakes pads.
That way a cruze works out to be more expensive than European brands because Laura is 10000 rs approx for each 15 k service
Old 10th September 2012, 20:58   #880
BHPian

Could somebody tell me how to activate automatic headlamps,entry and exit lighting in the Cruze?I have a 2011 LTZ model.Thanks in advance
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:27   #881
BHPian

Guys, I just want to ask a question. Has the older Cruze (150 BHP version) not been discontinued? Is it still selling side by side with the new Cruze? I am asking this because Chevy's site is listing both Cruze(s) in its prices section. New Cruze is listed as Fam Z.

Link:http://www.chevrolet.co.in/tools/prices.html
Old 22nd September 2012, 20:23   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI
Could somebody tell me how to activate automatic headlamps,entry and exit lighting in the Cruze?I have a 2011 LTZ model.Thanks in advance
It should be switched on from vehicle setting option in the MID, then when you shut down your car and switch of the lights open your door and give a tug to the flash pass lever on the right side. The lights will come on , you get out and shut the door and lock the car. The lights will remain on and shut down in 30 seconds by default. If you want more time you can change in settings.
And replying to Sarthak - yes the older car is also available at 1 lac discount. I was offered one when I was buying my Black pearl.

Last edited by drchernish : 22nd September 2012 at 20:25.
drchernish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 21:48   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
It should be switched on from vehicle setting option in the MID, then when you shut down your car and switch of the lights open your door and give a tug to the flash pass lever on the right side. The lights will come on , you get out and shut the door and lock the car. The lights will remain on and shut down in 30 seconds by default. If you want more time you can change in settings.
And replying to Sarthak - yes the older car is also available at 1 lac discount. I was offered one when I was buying my Black pearl.
And sir,entry lighting and auto lighting??Are these features available in the Cruze?

Last edited by KINI : 22nd September 2012 at 21:50.
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:05   #884
BHPian

Does it still make sense to buy the old car. I feel it has become vfm considering the discount and the price difference between the old and the new car. Paying approximately two lakhs extra for twenty BHP doesn't make economic sense. Or am I missing something.
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:38   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Does it still make sense to buy the old car. I feel it has become vfm considering the discount and the price difference between the old and the new car. Paying approximately two lakhs extra for twenty BHP doesn't make economic sense. Or am I missing something.
The new Cruze has a much superior engine with reduced turbo-lag and better FE from what I hear.Reduced turbo-lag will be a boon in bumper to bumper traffic.Also,resale value will be relatively better.

I suggest you wait till Diwali/year end if you can,discounts will start pouring in for the new Cruze too!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks