Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2014, 02:03   #3361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
Hmm.. Yeah I was unconvinced with the 'no one has got them' argument.. Did you get your car in Bangalore?
No, in Delhi. Try and pressurize them that what kind of a dealer can't get even mud flaps on time, is this the way he manages the requirement of spare parts ?
Old 17th August 2014, 10:17   #3362

Thanks Rdevian and vishalchaudhary. I wrote to the customer relations manager of my showroom copying customer care of Volkswagen India on the email bringing this to their notice and requesting them to resolve it at the earliest. The customer relations manager replied saying it is a supply issue from their manufacturer which they are regularly following up. They said they will be getting the mudflaps by 1 sept and will come install it at my doorstep.. My only concern is the monsoon is here and I need to drive in the rain till then..

@rdevian- I've got my floor mats but not the mudflaps.. But surprisingly saw a new polo on the road in Bangalore with mudflaps also yesterday.
Old 20th August 2014, 21:21   #3363
DWC
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review

@mods - Are we getting a review of the new polo? Looking forward to a comprehensive review, especially about the 1.5 TDI.
Old 21st August 2014, 11:01   #3364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Polo now has dual bulbs, one for high and low beam, so the spare is already in the headlight. In my Altis, they have given spare but only for high beam. So if the low beam blows I am still left without a low beam bulb but still have lights.

Pretty sure nobody will give you 4 bulbs spare but actually they could have done something clever and given one low beam and one high beam bulb. Might have made sense.
I believe that with the advancement in technology, the quality and life of bulbs has also improved. I myself had to change the headlight bulb only once in my Indigo - in the fourth year at I believe around 50,000 kms mark. Though the spare bulb that came with the car was useful, but I had kept it at home only - so once I reached home I changed it. I just asked my father as well, and to his knowledge, in his Sumo Grande also, the headlight bulbs hasn't been changed in 4 + years and 85,000 + kms! My Punto's headlights are fine and it has been almost 3.5 years, though it has done just about 20,000 kms. I don't think many people keep cars for more than 5 years and the bulbs seem durable enough to endure that period, unless someone is into flashing/giving dipper a lot.

People who drive on highways a lot, can buy and keep spare bulbs if they want - shouldn't be a big deal as bulbs are easily available and don't cost so much.
Old 21st August 2014, 14:31   #3365
Senior - BHPian

Is there a TBHP official review that's happening/going to happen for the revised VW Polo cars?
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:26   #3366
BHPian

I have been advised that the extended warranty has gone up for the new polo to 12k+. I checked their matrix in their website and it appears like the warranty would have additional cost implications if it is bought after 1yr, 1.5 yrs, etc.

http://volkswagenlive.in/volkswagenf...d_warranty.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjax View Post
@rdevian- I've got my floor mats but not the mudflaps.. But surprisingly saw a new polo on the road in Bangalore with mudflaps also yesterday.
TJax, I have got my floor mats & mud-flaps today. I received a call from my salesperson few days back and he said I could come over to collect them.

On a separate note, is it safe to remove the cigarette lighter and insert a phone charger?
rdeivan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 21:13   #3367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeivan View Post

On a separate note, is it safe to remove the cigarette lighter and insert a phone charger?
What do you mean by that? Are you planning to remove the existing setup and putting in a permanent phone charger?

I use a Samsung phone charger with the power port (after removing the top part and inserting the charger) and have faced no problem till date. No overheating. I have also used a power port to usb thingy to use photon WiFi, and it works fine too.

Hope this helps! :-)
cr4nkshaft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:41   #3368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
I use a Samsung phone charger with the power port (after removing the top part and inserting the charger) and have faced no problem till date. No overheating. Hope this helps! :-)
Thanks cr4nkshaft, that was helpful
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:27   #3369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Is there a TBHP official review that's happening/going to happen for the revised VW Polo cars?

I guess they are waiting for the launch of the cross polo, GT twins and the refreshed vento.
BTW do we need an official review, we know plenty about the refresh already. I am getting interested in the Cross Polo with the new engine under its hood. How I wish that VW also launched the Tsi manual at least on the Vento!
Old 24th August 2014, 05:27   #3370
blr
BHPian

Hi Rana,

Any luck with your search? I am also looking to do the same, but I will get hold of my ride (TSi) only later this year. So, eagerly waiting to see the new exterior/interior colour choices for the TSi. My original booking was for the black exterior colour, but it appears it may be replaced by the new "Carbon Steel". Not sure what the interior combination would be for this. Most likely it is going to be the same black/beige combination even for the TSi. Having a beige interior on the so called "Carbon Steel" probably wouldn't make any sense, unless the exterior color is closer to black than to grey. I would prefer a black/grey interior colour scheme for this.

I am looking at the option of replacing at least the console/dash and the pillar trim beige pieces with the black ones from the non-TSi Polos. Hoping to source them through the local dealer. Would like to change the seats to leather; so, probably would clad the door trims in leather too. Not sure about the headliner though.

Please let me know if we can share our thoughts on this.

BTW, have to seen the new "Carbon Steel" on the Polo? How is it? trying to get hold of a high resolution pic without any external reflections, but no luck yet (I am not in India now).

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hey fellow polo brothers,

i'm very keen to change the beige interior parts on the door and below front dash of my polo from beige to red/black.

what is the best way to go about this ? Can anyone suggest a good place in Delhi NCR where this can be done ?

Attaching a few pictures for reference to what i have in mind....

Thanks.
Old 24th August 2014, 07:23   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Hi Rana,

Any luck with your search? I am also looking to do the same, but I will get hold of my ride (TSi) only later this year. So, eagerly waiting to see the new exterior/interior colour choices for the TSi. My original booking was for the black exterior colour, but it appears it may be replaced by the new "Carbon Steel". Not sure what the interior combination would be for this. Most likely it is going to be the same black/beige combination even for the TSi. Having a beige interior on the so called "Carbon Steel" probably wouldn't make any sense, unless the exterior color is closer to black than to grey. I would prefer a black/grey interior colour scheme for this.

I am looking at the option of replacing at least the console/dash and the pillar trim beige pieces with the black ones from the non-TSi Polos. Hoping to source them through the local dealer. Would like to change the seats to leather; so, probably would clad the door trims in leather too. Not sure about the headliner though.

Please let me know if we can share our thoughts on this.

BTW, have to seen the new "Carbon Steel" on the Polo? How is it? trying to get hold of a high resolution pic without any external reflections, but no luck yet (I am not in India now).

Thanks!
Hi blr, there is some information about the GT TSI on its official review thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3251802
according to people there, the new TSI should come with all black interiors
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 07:54   #3372
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Hi blr, there is some information about the GT TSI on its official review thread
Thanks lalittalwar!

Haven't been to that thread for a few days now. Great news to know the new TSi will most likely have all black interiors. The black/beige scheme is more apt for a passenger friendly car than a drivers' car (IMHO).
Old 24th August 2014, 13:00   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blr View Post
Thanks lalittalwar!

Haven't been to that thread for a few days now. Great news to know the new TSi will most likely have all black interiors. The black/beige scheme is more apt for a passenger friendly car than a drivers' car (IMHO).
I am curious, why you say SO?
Old 24th August 2014, 18:34   #3374
blr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
I am curious, why you say SO?
Just my personal opinion. I have always felt the dual tone interiors with more beige than black as is the case with the old TSI was more oriented towards the luxury oriented person who would be driven around by a chauffer.

My taste on these things have probably not moved ahead with the times.
Old 29th August 2014, 17:54   #3375
BHPian

Anyone put have an unobtrusive navigation solution in their polo?

The audio unit location is ideal for a large screen replacement - but not seen many reliable navigation options out there.

Anyone who has done care to share with us?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks