Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 18:46   #4951
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Interesting! what is the basis of expectancy here? When I upgraded to the Zero Depriciation policy in March this year, I never expected to claim the insurance.

In short, these things doesnt happen because of expectancy. This will happen when you would least expect it. Who would expect his car to be totalled or stolen?
Well, Vento is almost impossible to steal if you take proper care, I just think that with the way most of us drive the probability of totaling (cost of repair more than 85% of IDV) are is almost negligent. Even if either of those happen one would just end up getting 6L instead of 8L. I would be willing to take that chance.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 18:59   #4952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Those vents are built in Germany hence the cost. Why would something built in Germany be so flimsy? Why can't vw start localising basic stuff?
They already have. The AT box on my Vento is imported from Germany. Later versions have a locally manufactured box. So I was told by a guy who works for VW.
But yes- point taken. AC vents should not cost that much!
Considering the VW logos cost nearly 4000 to replace (front + back), are you really surprised, though?
Old 21st August 2012, 19:56   #4953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Hi @Ayson,
This seems to be the first reporting of such a problem, although I remember a few posts in the past on the MID display having issues in somebody's Vento/Polo. However, get it shown to the VW workshop, if this is not a minor software glitch, it would definitely be repaired/replaced under warranty.

Don't worry if the entire unit needs to be changed or only the display - that's the problem of the workshop.
I too don't see how a simple LCD display would fail abruptly after a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
....If its a manufacturing defect ( which it sounds like) its covered under the 2 year comprehensive warranty - raise it through your authorised workshop. Sometimes displays get conked off if one tries to clean it using solutions / water - hope thats not the case....
Manufacturing defect would have show up earlier right? I thought it was 1 year warranty. Phew.

I haven't used any water to clean inside the car, i use a moist cloth. But there hasn't been any cleaning for atleast 3-4 weeks. I hope the driver/random passengers haven't spilt anything on it. It is rainy season too. There seems to be no spill/ water dried marks/stains or any physical damage on or around the unit.

Any way i'll get in touch with the workshop and update. Thank you for your help.
Old 21st August 2012, 20:34   #4954
Senior - BHPian

An update on the AC vents. The prices have come down from 2000 to 792 (including tax and installation). Its good news. They feel a little harder than the centre ones. The problem is the hardness along with the chrome strip doesnt enable it to be adjusted correctly. The centre ones were actually 9000 which is now down to 3000.

There was also a part, connecting hose between the airfilter and manifold (SA was not that good with his knowledge or explanation) which was replaced under warrantly. Its cost was 3057.

They had asked me if I need a car wash which would cost 350. I had declined and but still found that it was washed and interior was also cleaned
srishiva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 01:39   #4955
BHPian

Re: *Rumour* : Volkswagen Discontinues 1.6 MPI Petrol Polo

Update on Vento
VW has removed the steering mounted audio controls and the leatherette seats from the highline Vento and they have reduced the price to under 10L. This is the pre facelift version.
Old 22nd August 2012, 08:20   #4956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
An update on the AC vents. The prices have come down from 2000 to 792 (including tax and installation). Its good news. They feel a little harder than the centre ones. The problem is the hardness along with the chrome strip doesnt enable it to be adjusted correctly. The centre ones were actually 9000 which is now down to 3000.
Awesome. Can you post the part number so that other owners are not duped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv007 View Post
Update on Vento
VW has removed the steering mounted audio controls and the leatherette seats from the highline Vento and they have reduced the price to under 10L. This is the pre facelift version.
Ummm...do you have a source for that?
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:10   #4957
BHPian

Quote:
Update on Vento
Is this the petrol or diesel? and what is your source for this info?
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:32   #4958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Not sure if this is the front suspension rattle that is the trademark of all VW AG cars. Unbelievably we found it on the Q3 as well! Imagine you pay 45 lac for a car and they haven't got this basic problem right!
Frankly, have got used to it and don't even notice this anymore. In general the Vento is pretty rattle-free.
Posting an old link from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die,

Video Credit :

Watch Volkswagen's CEO complain about Hyundai's superior interior

Apparently the VW bosses are not happy as to how Hyundai manages it and VW cant. (i think this video was also posted here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ankfurt-3.html)

And yes my Vento is largely rattle free but definitely not squeak free.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:58   #4959
BHPian

Ummm...do you have a source for that?[/quote]

Yup the dealer in coimbatore informed me about this....
Old 22nd August 2012, 16:51   #4960
BHPian

Quote:
Update on Vento
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Ummm...do you have a source for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Is this the petrol or diesel? and what is your source for this info?
I just checked this with B.U.Bhandari VW West at Pune. It is confirmed that new Highline models will not have leatherette seats and steering mounted controls. This has brought the price down to about 11.2L at Pune. They have free insurance offer and some corporate discount, which will further bring down the price by atleast 30-40K.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:18   #4961
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
I just checked this with B.U.Bhandari VW West at Pune. It is confirmed that new Highline models will not have leatherette seats and steering mounted controls. This has brought the price down to about 11.2L at Pune. They have free insurance offer and some corporate discount, which will further bring down the price by atleast 30-40K.

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Wow - So technically we belong to a very small group that own a Vento with steering controls!

Wonder how the resale market is going to value the different "groups" of Vento Tdi (highline version i.e.) in the future
  1. 2011 (Pre-refreshed) models without steering controls that had a ex-showroom price of 9.23 lakhs
  2. 2011 (Refreshed) models with steering controls that had a ex-showroom price of 9.7 lakhs
  3. 2012 (Re-Refreshed) models with steering controls & leatherette seats that had a ex-showroom price of 10+(?) lakhs
  4. 2012 (Re-Re-Refreshed) models without the above and with a (reduced) price tag!
What next, I wonder. And to think back in early 2011, the only "refreshment" I could think was a AT box for the tdi!

Edit: Had some free time, here's the output - guess this is one way of tabulating the information!

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-tp.jpg

Last edited by ninjatalli : 22nd August 2012 at 17:31.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:21   #4962
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Had some free time, here's the output - guess this is one way of tabulating the information!
Thanks for the table. Those who managed to get the cars with steering mounted conrtols and leatherette seats are indeed the privileged minority

So technically this is not a face-lift. Actually what is the antonym for face-lift?
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:54   #4963
BHPian

Quote:
Wow - So technically we belong to a very small group that own a Vento with steering controls!

Wonder how the resale market is going to value the different "groups" of Vento Tdi (highline version i.e.) in the future
  1. 2011 (Pre-refreshed) models without steering controls that had a ex-showroom price of 9.23 lakhs
  2. 2011 (Refreshed) models with steering controls that had a ex-showroom price of 9.7 lakhs
  3. 2012 (Re-Refreshed) models with steering controls & leatherette seats that had a ex-showroom price of 10+(?) lakhs
  4. 2012 (Re-Re-Refreshed) models without the above and with a (reduced) price tag!
What next, I wonder. And to think back in early 2011, the only "refreshment" I could think was a AT box for the tdi!

Edit: Had some free time, here's the output - guess this is one way of tabulating the information!

Attachment 973536
I just got the updates at Hyderabad, 2012 ( Re-Re-Refreshed) model is being launched with Price of 9.8 Lakhs ( Ex Showroom) for Diesel Model but without the below features as against the Highline Diesel model.

--> Without Steering audio controls
--> Without Leather seats
--> Without Parking sensors
--> Without USB port
Old 22nd August 2012, 18:58   #4964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli

Wonder how the resale market is going to value the different "groups" of Vento Tdi (highline version i.e.) in the future[*]2011 (Pre-refreshed) models without steering controls that had a ex-showroom price of 9.23 lakhs[*]2011 (Refreshed) models with steering controls that had a ex-showroom price of 9.7 lakhs[*]2012 (Re-Refreshed) models with steering controls & leatherette seats that had a ex-showroom price of 10+(?) lakhs[*]2012 (Re-Re-Refreshed) models without the above and with a (reduced) price tag!What next, I wonder. And to think back in early 2011, the only "refreshment" I could think was a AT box for the tdi!

Well just spoke to my sales guy at Downtown VW , apparently there is a lot of Tdi HL Vento's ( around 80-100) that have been dispatched from the factory without steering controls and leatherette seats. He also says this may be a stop gap scenario due to rising costs. Also petrol Vento's may be getting the darkened headlamps but not the diesels.

Cheers
Sid
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:47   #4965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Thanks for the table. Those who managed to get the cars with steering mounted conrtols and leatherette seats are indeed the privileged minority

So technically this is not a face-lift. Actually what is the antonym for face-lift?
This is quite strange and weird from Volkswagen. At this rate VW Vento will become like Google's Android with so much fragmentation. Hope they Restrict their experiments to music system, seats and not play around with the engine or chassis components.
prabhuferrari is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks