Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2012, 07:54   #4891
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
OT: Any of you guys visiting your workshop(s) in the near future, do flaunt your tbhp stickers. A few days back, the SA(s) at BU Bhandari were quite interested in knowing what is "Team BHP"

Even earlier I have raised (& shown) the TBHP website and Vento thread in particular to the sales team at the main showroom during the delivery stage. Not that it helped in any manner, however it might have an improved service in the coming days if they keep track of the number of cars having these stickers. Clearly the SA(s) at BUB understands that Gautam and I both have Vento Tdi with tbhp stickers and we know each other and share information with each other
Its a good idea but unfortunately here none of the SAs have ever heard of TBHP. They however have a morbid fear of VW India's FB page and request me to post something nice about them every time I visit them. It was my FB posts which forced them to learn about the autolock and honking feature for the first time in 8/9 months . Otherwise they were living in happy denial about those features. My 1st service is due on Saturday. Will post a detailed service feedback on my ownership thread once its done.
Old 9th August 2012, 14:38   #4892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
First heartbreak,
Attachment 939166

Attachment 939167

Attachment 939168

I hope, the bumper took all the beating and nothing was damaged inside.

Regards,
Aniket
Quote:
In continuation to the above post and picture of the damage posted, I noticed another crack in a plastic part near the radiator. It is some kind of a bracket to hold radiator because a similar structure is seen on the RHS as well.

In the picture 1, I have circled that cracked plastic part in red and the second picture has the close up of the same.

Unable to guess what is the another plastic part hanging - circled with green in picture one.

Attachment 957321

Attachment 957322

These brackets can be clearly seen in the first two pictures from @Black Diesel's post below. This is just to give you guys a clear picture of how it looks when intact :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2839763
Quote:
When I first start my Vento TDI in the morning, I get a burning smell. This is always in the morning and happens 7/10 times. It goes off in a minute or so. When I park my car at office at about 10am and then again start it in the evening at about 6pm, ie., after a gap of say 8 hours, I do not get this smell. 8 hours is enough to cool the engine but still in the evening start I do not experience this.
Finally decided to get the car repaired. Dropped it at the service center (B.U.Bhandari) on 19 July 2012 as I was travelling to my hometown on Friday for a week. So, thought this would be the best time as I would not need the car and by the time I return it would be ready.

I was given an estimated cost of about 15K after a superficial inspection which included the new bumper and the bracket. They said, any interior damage will be checked only during the insurance inspection as they will open the bumper in the presence of insurance surveyor only. Then, filled up claim form, registered the claim at TATA AIG toll free number and returned home. To my surprise, same day at about 12pm received a call from TATA AIG mentioning the survey would be completed either today or max tomorrow. Friday left for home.

On Tuesday morning 24 July 2012, just after 4 working days received a call from the service center that my car is ready. I was surprised and happy at the prompt service as initially I was given an estimate of 7 days as they did not have the bumper in stock. The bill amount told to me was ~27000

The reason is they replaced the intercooler also as it had some damage which was visible only after the bumper was opened. Good part is all of it got covered in insurance and my share came out to be INR 1800 (1000 for Policy Excess charges and remaining 800 for some consumables etc).

By this time I had extended my vacation by a week and my return date got postponed to 6th August. So, the question was where would car be for next 12-13days. Thought of contacting ninjatalli and request him to keep it with him but then I spoke at the service center and managed to have it parked with them till the time I return. Generally they charge some amount if a car is parked with them after sometime but luckily, I did not have to pay any charges as I was an old customer and had certain contacts (my previous Vista was also from B.U.Bhandari so knew a couple of people there).

Back to Pune on 5th night. Decided to go for the car pickup.
(OT : Auto says Rs.600 and for the same distance, the Wings AC Radio cab charged INR 480 :-) )

Happy with the service and support received from the dealership but all troubles and issues began after I reached there. Though I had informed an hour before that I was coming for the delivery, the car was not washed. I expected it to be washed an kept ready. After I reached it was sent for washing. After the car was washed I went for the inspection and noticed :

- Grease marks on the seat covers.
- The new Bumper surface too rough to touch
- Bumper alignment with the headlamp cluster improper with more gap than usual
- The lower plastic chrome grill (between the two fog lamps) was not fit properly and the alignment was not accurate either.

I was fuming with anger. They called me in 4days that my car was ready and it was with them for additional 12 days still these loose ends!! After some noise making, my car was attended immediately.

-3M guy was called to remove all stains.
-Bumper opened again and re-fit properly with correct alignment.
-The grill's plastic fog lamp cladding was changed
-The biggest issue : Bumper was rough as it was not polished. After all this exercise the car was sent for polish. I mean how could you not polish the bumper?? It was clearly a miss at the end of Body Shop manager. How could he approve a car to be ready for delivery without properly checking whether all tasks have been properly or not?
-Finally wash again.

This entire duration I was standing right next to the car observing how the work is being done. This is the reason I never leave my car at the Service station. Even during regular services, I wait the entire duration at the service and leave with the car after all work is done. It is the first time I left my car and had to face this. I had planned to pick the car and go straight to work. Due to this delay I had to take an additional leave

All said and done, now my Vento is restored to its original beauty and the burning smell issue seems to be resolved. It could be due to that damage in the intercooler which resulted in some gas/smell leakage.

Overall - Thumbs Up to TATA AIG. BU Bhandari service was good till the time I had not reached there. But it happens sometimes. They realised their mistake and corrected it immediately. They did not ask me fill the feedback form before I left. Guess they knew the feedback already ;-)

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 9th August 2012 at 14:41. Reason: Typo correction
aniket.tiwari27 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 15:22   #4893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
OT: Any of you guys visiting your workshop(s) in the near future, do flaunt your tbhp stickers. A few days back, the SA(s) at BU Bhandari were quite interested in knowing what is "Team BHP"

Even earlier I have raised (& shown) the TBHP website and Vento thread in particular to the sales team at the main showroom during the delivery stage. Not that it helped in any manner, however it might have an improved service in the coming days if they keep track of the number of cars having these stickers. Clearly the SA(s) at BUB understands that Gautam and I both have Vento Tdi with tbhp stickers and we know each other and share information with each other
Completely second that, the SA at VW downtown were quite interested in the sticker and one of the workshop managers, actually took the link down to this thread. In one of my subsequent visits he actually thanked me for hooking him up to the thread because they feel it was really helpful for them.
Old 9th August 2012, 20:05   #4894
BHPian

Quote:
Overall - Thumbs Up to TATA AIG. BU Bhandari service was good till the time I had not reached there. But it happens sometimes. They realised their mistake and corrected it immediately. They did not ask me fill the feedback form before I left. Guess they knew the feedback already ;-)

Regards,
Aniket Tiwari
Mubarak! hope the Blue beauty is looking ravishing again

My car is now still in the service center, some parts needs to be procured from the factory location as a result of that the service center guys are saying that it would take approximately 20 days from today to get the repairs done, as the parts only will take 10 days to come....
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 00:04   #4895
BHPian

I did 1275 KM trip . I got a mileage of 19.5 Kmpl. I scraped the underbody only once. Overall a very good car. Feels solid on the highways. Steering needs to feel a bit heavier at higher speeds. Headlights are pathetic.

Love the car, and I even worked out how the MID works

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th August 2012 at 07:59. Reason: Please refrain from mentioning high speeds on the forum.
Old 11th August 2012, 20:28   #4896
BHPian

i am planning to reset the ECU. Is the "removing -ve terminal for 15 min" a tried way of resetting the ECU? will i loose any functions like speed lock or any other VAS function in this process?

@ ventopians in bangalore - where do you get the 2012 IND plates (the blue colour) with frames? i am looking for them for a long time. I need the frames desperately.

Last edited by newtonMeter : 11th August 2012 at 20:30.
Old 11th August 2012, 23:47   #4897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
i am planning to reset the ECU. Is the "removing -ve terminal for 15 min" a tried way of resetting the ECU? will i loose any functions like speed lock or any other VAS function in this process?

@ ventopians in bangalore - where do you get the 2012 IND plates (the blue colour) with frames? i am looking for them for a long time. I need the frames desperately.
I think you have leave the batteries disconnected overnight to reset the ECU.
Once the ECU is reset you have to redo the speed lock and other VAS functions - this was done once by a TBHP-ian Vento owner bala80 and thats from his account
Old 12th August 2012, 22:13   #4898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilash_iv View Post
I am facing a peculiar problem in my Vento.
The problem is, whenever I am stopping for the security check at the office gate, after the check, when they try to close the boot it won't get locked. It is just bouncing back.

It most probably is a problem with the locking mechanism. The boot lock is disengaging to open the boot, but not allowing the boot to set into it's position while closing. Try to close the boot with the key in the boot unlock and wounded i.e. with the key engaged to open the boot. If it closes that way, it's a faulty lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Disconnected for 10-15mins should be just fine. Yeah, all those adaptive functions would be lost.

Now my problem:
My Vento Petrol is vibrating (a little, nothing horrendous) with the Ac switched on and stationary. It's fine while driving, fine while stationary with no ac. But Ac and stationary the car starts vibrating. I recently read 'bout the Polo's engine rubber grips (or something else?) being changed to ensure no vibrations on bad roads.
So is my issue just a normal bad run-in result, or a genuine issue?

P.S: Mods, Din't use multi-quote as this was edited.

Last edited by negativeH : 12th August 2012 at 22:21.
negativeH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 22:35   #4899
Senior - BHPian

Some updates on my ownership thread. Changed the wipers blades to Hella DynaEdge and TDi giving way too good efficiency. More about it on the ownership thread. Let me your views, fellow bhpains.

Link.

Note: You did a good internet connection, because of the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Now my problem:
My Vento Petrol is vibrating (a little, nothing horrendous) with the Ac switched on and stationary. It's fine while driving, fine while stationary with no ac. But Ac and stationary the car starts vibrating. I recently read 'bout the Polo's engine rubber grips (or something else?) being changed to ensure no vibrations on bad roads.
So is my issue just a normal bad run-in result, or a genuine issue?
The reason would be the engine and gearbox mounts. VW has been replacing engine mounts under warranty for cars with VIN no before this WVWH11605BT087313. Have look and confirm it with the VW Workshop and they should do the necessary.

Even my car comes in it, but will get it done in next service in Apr'13.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 22:52   #4900
BHPian

Hello,

I would like to report that I am getting excellent mileage from my vento with out even trying to get a good mileage. I was prepared for 13-14 Kmpl , but that seems to be way too easy for the Vento. I recorded this photo during my 1750 Km round trip and I was stunned by the mileage ( because when I drove my swift D at highway speeds it returned only 16 or 17 kmpl) .

I washed my car yesterday and felt very very guilty as I do not have any knowledge or products needed to do a proper job.

Decided to get a bottle of sunsilk shampoo and used it to wash the car ( I have a bosch Aquatak 150 ) .

I want you to suggest just one product I can use on my car to clean it. Or is sunsilk shampoo good enough. I have a white vento.

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_2485.jpg  

Old 12th August 2012, 23:01   #4901
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
I was stunned by the mileage ( because when I drove my swift D at highway speeds it returned only 16 or 17 kmpl) .
All thanks to taller gearing, My 2000cc 140hp Laura DSG delivers better FE at highway speeds compared to lighter 1300cc 75 Punto MJD, the difference widens as speed increases.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 23:15   #4902
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman

All thanks to taller gearing, My 2000cc 140hp Laura DSG delivers better FE at highway speeds compared to lighter 1300cc 75 Punto MJD, the difference widens as speed increases.
Just out of curiosity- Can you mention the average FE figures you get for both cars? Laura and Punto. City and highway conditions.
Old 12th August 2012, 23:18   #4903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I recorded this photo during my 1750 Km round trip and I was stunned by the mileage ( because when I drove my swift D at highway speeds it returned only 16 or 17 kmpl) .
VW TDi engine are way too good. They can deliver excellent mileage and as well as very good performance thanks to its awesome 250NM torque. I'm getting close to ~17.5 Kmpl within city. On highway 20+ could be easily doable but the 250NM torque begs to be driven hard on highways.

Quote:
I have a bosch Aquatak 150.

I want you to suggest just one product I can use on my car to clean it. Or is sunsilk shampoo good enough. I have a white vento.
You surely did be having fun with Bosch, wish I did get to use my Karcher daily.

Regarding shampoo, restrict using hair shampoo as the last resort. I did suggest either of the two.

1. Meguiars NXT Car Wash.
2. Amway Car Shampoo
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 00:50   #4904
Senior - BHPian

Car shampoo is the way to go

Shop for low price car shampoo online. Wide range of popular car shampoo brands.

OR

Car Wash - Car Care - Car Care & Utility

Quote:
I washed my car yesterday and felt very very guilty as I do not have any knowledge or products needed to do a proper job.

Decided to get a bottle of sunsilk shampoo and used it to wash the car ( I have a bosch Aquatak 150 ) .

khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 07:41   #4905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Interesting you would say that.

Have taken a 90BHP Punto and the Vento on the same route from Pune to Ahmedabad and back, it gave an average mileage of 16 where the Vento delivered 17+. Both the Punto owner and I were quite surprised, we expected the Punto to do better than the Vento. I wasn't aware of the actual reason - thanks for that.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks