Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2013, 12:52   #5686
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

A short and dirty update for now. I just dropped the car at the OSL Exclusive Service Center. As per my SA Mr. Debasish Das, VW is running another campaign where they are replacing the front seat assemblies (again?) and also attaching a protective sheath on a wire near the steering column which potentially can get cut because it is bare now. I wonder why it was bare in the first place. It seems for some owners this wire has been damaged and had to be replaced. Did any owner here or you know someone who have had this problem or this replacement done? It seems the entire steering column will have to unmounted and then the correction made. Also VW now is officially replacing the front seat assemblies for all Ventos instead of what was being done on a request basis. I already had my passenger seat assembly changed once during the first service. They insisted that they wanted to do both the front seats again. After some consideration I said why not? If VW can give me a brand new car to replace my 2 year old one, then yeaaa . I would suggest all owners to avail this campaign specially the steering wire one seemed a bit worrisome. I will get more details about this wire thingy when I collect the car tomorrow.

Thanks to Ninja for waking us owners up and sharing updates on our car .
Old 31st January 2013, 12:56   #5687
BHPian

Just got a call from VW customer service: 50k cash discount, 0% finance (7lakhs in 36 months) + possible corporate discount on 2012 models (Tdi HL, not sure about others). I forgot whether they said free insurance or not. I will check out the month of manufacture of these models and confirm directly with the dealer, this Saturday. worth it right ?!
Old 31st January 2013, 14:27   #5688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Meanwhile I was reading GTO's post on turbo charged cars. For Vento should we follow the same procedure as I remember reading in earlier posts, for Vento TDi just start and go. Now after reading that post I am bit confused. Any suggestions?
Although the examples quoted in that thread pertain more to the Fiat CRDI engine, I believe it would apply to the Tdi engines too. I already am trying to follow a similar procedure for the Vento. Even if it doesn't apply, I doubt if it would cause any damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Just got a call from VW customer service: 50k cash discount, 0% finance (7lakhs in 36 months) + possible corporate discount on 2012 models (Tdi HL, not sure about others). I forgot whether they said free insurance or not. I will check out the month of manufacture of these models and confirm directly with the dealer, this Saturday. worth it right ?!
Assuming the cars are still in good condition, any options available till Oct 2012 shouldn't be a bad option at all. But do keep the consideration that you won't be getting the new HU; otherwise it is quite a good deal!
Old 31st January 2013, 17:42   #5689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Just came back from the stockyard after looking at my 2nd vento that I have booked. Its Pepper Grey while the older one is silver. The new model has a Bluetooth integrated RCD 320 unit (older one has RCD 310 unit) that has a phone button but not a touch screen operation. Will post picture and other information after delivery is done.
SR-71,

With the price cuts last year, Vento HL was sub 10L ex-showroom Bangalore I suppose. But with the recent update this could have changed.

If you don't mind, can you please share the quote you got for your car? Ex-showroom, on-road price etc?
Old 31st January 2013, 21:02   #5690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
For Vento should we follow the same procedure as I remember reading in earlier posts, for Vento TDi just start and go. Now after reading that post I am bit confused. Any suggestions?
For any turbo-charged car it always advisable to idle for 1 min and 2 mins if you have been driving it for long at speeds 100+. Vento TDi is no exception. Morning, 1 min idle is the way to go before driving out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
I just dropped the car at the OSL Exclusive Service Center. As per my SA Mr. Debasish Das, VW is running another campaign where they are replacing the front seat assemblies (again?) and also attaching a protective sheath on a wire near the steering column which potentially can get cut because it is bare now.
Got the steering work done in Jan'13 and plan to get the seats done in 1st week of April when the car goes in for 2nd service.

Steering work has made steering feel very good, that is it firms up as speeds builds up. Steering related work should be done ASAP.
Old 31st January 2013, 22:14   #5691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
I heard from my dealer that this is only for TL and CL models and not HL for TDI. Do check that. Insurance is about 40K for TDI HL. If you get that too then its a great deal. If the chassis number has DT in it, then it's a 2013 model though the engine would have been made in 2012. If it's CT, then it's actually a 2012 model with 2011's engine.

Wish you best of luck!
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 10:13   #5692
Senior - BHPian

How is the NVH of the face lifted Vento, the TDI? Have they made any improvements?

I really love the new front with smokey headlights. Only, the new alloys are a bit off. There are a couple of these around my office. And all in candy white, sticking to the great mallu tradition.
Old 1st February 2013, 11:39   #5693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Got the steering work done in Jan'13 and plan to get the seats done in 1st week of April when the car goes in for 2nd service.

Steering work has made steering feel very good, that is it firms up as speeds builds up. Steering related work should be done ASAP.
Got the car yesterday itself. I am yet to notice anything special on the steering feel as of now. Thought it could be because last evening and this morning I drove in awesomely undisciplined and crazy traffic which leaves only a feel of exasperation, amusement and rage in me. No space left for feeling the steering. I will post a detailed feedback on my ownership thread during the weekend. That steel rim bit me hard, ouch .
Old 1st February 2013, 11:51   #5694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
How is the NVH of the face lifted Vento, the TDI? Have they made any improvements?

I really love the new front with smokey headlights. Only, the new alloys are a bit off. There are a couple of these around my office. And all in candy white, sticking to the great mallu tradition.
I was very impressed with the NVH levels. The dealership brought in a brand new Blue Vento TDI Highline for TD. They got it to our apartment to check the ease of entry/exit to/from the parking lot. The car sounded like a monster truck (thanks to the echo effects in the basement car park), but once you’re inside the car and shut those reasonably heavy doors, it’s completely silent. Very well sealed from the outside noise. Infact many were raving about the NVH levels of the new Fiesta, but when I did back to back test drives, I did not feel much difference there.
The only bit I disliked about the car was the clutch.

And so true about the white colour craze. I guess almost 75% of the cars (especially sedans) on road there are white

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st February 2013 at 11:52. Reason: tags removed
Old 1st February 2013, 12:34   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Assuming the cars are still in good condition, any options available till Oct 2012 shouldn't be a bad option at all. But do keep the consideration that you won't be getting the new HU; otherwise it is quite a good deal!
I agree (about new HU), but, thats what happens when somebody gives you an offer you cannot refuse Anyway, I will go tomorrow and check out which month the models are there. I do plan to keep the car for as many years as it wants to run smoothly ! (I have Thinkpad of 2003 running without breaking sweat !) and hence resale value is not an issue for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
If the chassis number has DT in it, then it's a 2013 model though the engine would have been made in 2012. If it's CT, then it's actually a 2012 model with 2011's engine.

Wish you best of luck!
Thanks. I'll definitely check the DT and VIN numbers. I also read somewhere on the forum asking for form 22?
Old 1st February 2013, 12:55   #5696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the car yesterday itself. I am yet to notice anything special on the steering feel as of now.
Oh, I found no difference in the steering; initially I felt it was a little hard(er), but that feeling was temporary. OT point - the Figo I drove last weekend had a delightful feedback in comparison.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:31   #5697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
SR-71,

With the price cuts last year, Vento HL was sub 10L ex-showroom Bangalore I suppose. But with the recent update this could have changed.

If you don't mind, can you please share the quote you got for your car? Ex-showroom, on-road price etc?

I picked up my Vento yesterday for 11.67 lacs on road (insurance on my own, no EW)

But the current on road price in Bangalore is 12.99 lacs. Apparently, VW increased the price by close to 20k which in turn increased the road tax by 40k as the hike meant the ex showroom price crossed 10 Lacs resulting in a new road tax rate of 15.5%!
joey645 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2013, 15:13   #5698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey645 View Post
I picked up my Vento yesterday for 11.67 lacs on road (insurance on my own, no EW)

But the current on road price in Bangalore is 12.99 lacs. Apparently, VW increased the price by close to 20k which in turn increased the road tax by 40k as the hike meant the ex showroom price crossed 10 Lacs resulting in a new road tax rate of 15.5%!
Joey!,

Congratulations on your acquisition. Is your Vento the new 2013 model (i.e. with the new HU supporting USB and Bluetooth built-in => RCD 320?) or the 2012 refresh model that was on sale up until now (with RCD 310). I am guessing, it would be the latter.

The road tax in KA for vehicles with price < 10 L is 15.5% and for ones with price > 10 L is 19%. That explains the 12.99 L on road price for the new version.

Cheers
- Naut
Old 1st February 2013, 15:38   #5699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naut View Post
Joey!,

Congratulations on your acquisition. Is your Vento the new 2013 model (i.e. with the new HU supporting USB and Bluetooth built-in => RCD 320?) or the 2012 refresh model that was on sale up until now (with RCD 310). I am guessing, it would be the latter.

Cheers
- Naut

Thanks Naut. Yeah, am pretty thrilled about it

Got the 2012 refresh model with RCD310. Am tempted to upgrade the HU to 320 considering how annoyed I get each time I see the absurd dummy bluetooth button on the steering wheel heh!
Old 1st February 2013, 17:16   #5700
BHPian

Quote:
Also VW now is officially replacing the front seat assemblies for all Ventos instead of what was being done on a request basis. I already had my passenger seat assembly changed once during the first service. They insisted that they wanted to do both the front seats again.
Basic question here!.
What do you mean by seat assembly? I had my seats "stanley customized". would they change the entire seat altogether?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks