From when are you observing this issue?
Its been 10-15 days..
Old 24th May 2013, 19:16   #6182
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Its been 10-15 days..
I had the same issue for the past couple of months and I told this on the service and its fixed now.

Usually the reverse gear pops up after its engaged with a smooth slippery action, but due to usage the slippery action is becoming sharp and that's the sound we hear.

A little greasing solved my issue, have it checked with service center.
Chuchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 18:49   #6183
Senior - BHPian

Last month got 2nd service done on my Vento TDi and few parts replaced free of cost FOC. Have updated by ownership thread about it.

Link.

Information for fellow Vento owners and to be owners also:

1. When I went for the parts replacement came across a flyer put up by AutoBahn Automotive, Nerul Navi Mumbai who is the authorized VW service station.

Previous generation Vento alloy wheel (7 Spoke) is available for Rs. 5500 each. Catch is you have to buy minimum 4, which come to a total of Rs. 22,000.

Earlier cost was Rs. 18,000. If somehow you can convince the parts manager he can offer a single too, like in my case. So any of you wishing to replace their spare steel rim to alloy this is the chance or someone owning a treadline or comfortline wishing to change over to alloys.

Also since newer comfortline come with 15" steel rim. The cost of steel rim is Rs. 3,400, checked with parts manager.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-flyer.jpg

Also came across a VW Vento on flat bed. Issue was that rats had bitten some wires.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-vento-flat-bed.jpg
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2013, 13:15   #6184
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen, why am I getting an invitation by post, on the 29th of May 2103, for The Volkswagen Summer Check-up Camp from 1st May to 31st May 2013? And it is already monsoons here!

I never came to know about this link - http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/volks...mmer_camp.html.
Old 29th May 2013, 14:04   #6185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Volkswagen, why am I getting an invitation by post, on the 29th of May 2103, for The Volkswagen Summer Check-up Camp from 1st May to 31st May 2013? And it is already monsoons here!

I never came to know about this link - http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/volks...mmer_camp.html.
I got that letter in my mailbox last month but anyway have my 1st service soon so I didn't go for it. Have to say it was a pleasant surprise they remembered to send it at least.

Maybe they did send them on time but the postal department is to blame?
Old 29th May 2013, 14:13   #6186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Previous generation Vento alloy wheel (7 Spoke) is available for Rs. 5500 each. Catch is you have to buy minimum 4, which come to a total of Rs. 22,000. Earlier cost was Rs. 18,000. Attachment 1088285
Rs. 18,000 for a Vento's alloy wheel - isn't this WAY off the charts? I'm no expert on alloys but I reckon one could get a fairly neat one within Rs. 8,000. Any idea why it's priced so high? One obvious reason could be just some gimmicky advertising; is it just that?
Old 29th May 2013, 14:35   #6187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
Rs. 18,000 for a Vento's alloy wheel - isn't this WAY off the charts? I'm no expert on alloys but I reckon one could get a fairly neat one within Rs. 8,000. Any idea why it's priced so high? One obvious reason could be just some gimmicky advertising; is it just that?
What can you say! Its imported (from Germany I think)!!!
Old 30th May 2013, 00:39   #6188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
Well only VW can answer why they had priced a single alloy piece at a staggering Rs. 18,000. Currently it is available for Rs. 5,500 a piece (7 Spoke). In a way its good, VW reduced the price.
Old 30th May 2013, 08:28   #6189
BHPian

Quote:
Well only VW can answer why they had priced a single alloy piece at a staggering Rs. 18,000. Currently it is available for Rs. 5,500 a piece (7 Spoke). In a way its good, VW reduced the price.
Begs the question who would buy these from VW when a far greater range priced more sensibly is avaliable in the aftermarket? The price cut could be an obvious response to low demand but gives rise to the question what were they thinking in the first place?
Old 30th May 2013, 20:10   #6190
BHPian

Having used a Swift VDI, I am finding my Vento TDI not at par on performance. I tried changing the fuel station, checking the oil level, but no luck. I also took the car to the service center to check if something is wrong, but the service advisor post a test drive said the car is okay.

I am getting the following gear-speeds combination. Fellow TDI owners, please help me here in validating if these numbers are similar on your car.

3rd gear
2k rpm 50 kmph
2.5k rpm 60 kmph
Post 2.5k the engine sounds like its straining

4th gear
2k rpm 70 kmph
2.5k rpm 80 kmph

Car has just clocked 3500 km, and this behavior is ever since day one.

Is there a Mumbai Vento meet happening? I could get feedback on my car performance from other Ventoians.
Old 30th May 2013, 23:32   #6191
BHPian

How does the Vento compare with Verna on two aspects:
Ride quality vis a vis suspension, and
NVH characteristics?
I am essentially looking for a quiet comfortable ride.
Old 31st May 2013, 00:42   #6192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
How does the Vento compare with Verna on two aspects:
Ride quality vis a vis suspension, and
NVH characteristics?
I am essentially looking for a quiet comfortable ride.
Considering your requirements, Verna fits the bill. Its suspension is soft, so ride comfort is more in comparison to Vento. Also Verna 1.6 CRDi is a lot quieter compared to VW 1.6 TDi. So Verna even wins on the NVH level. But with windows closed and music at level 6, you can hardly listen the diesel clatter in 1.6 TDi.

What you would be missing in Verna in comparison to Vento are:
1. Better ride quality on highways.
2. Less body roll.
3. Better driving dynamics.
4. No fish tailing.
5. Superb control at speeds above 120 Kmph.
6. Superb build quality and the thud when you close the door
7. Lastly German engineering, Made in India.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 08:26   #6193
BHPian

Quote:
Considering your requirements, Verna fits the bill. Its suspension is soft, so ride comfort is more in comparison to Vento. Also Verna 1.6 CRDi is a lot quieter compared to VW 1.6 TDi. So Verna even wins on the NVH level.
Sorry I did not specify, I am looking at only petrol versions. My usage does not justify extra cost of Diesel engine. Moreover my concern being NVH, petrol engine tend to be quieter.

So interms of engine refinement which wins: Vento petrol or Verna petrol? Battle of the V's!
Quote:
6. Superb build quality and the thud when you close the door
7. Lastly German engineering, Made in India.
Exactly why I like Vento, but my back pain tells me go for Verna.

Sometimes I think to myself I will go for a car with stiff suspension and drive real slow on rough roads. I currently drive a Getz, the suspension isn't exactly soft.
Old 31st May 2013, 08:57   #6194
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I did not specify, I am looking at only petrol versions. My usage does not justify extra cost of Diesel engine. Moreover my concern being NVH, petrol engine tend to be quieter.

So interms of engine refinement which wins: Vento petrol or Verna petrol? Battle of the V's!

Sometimes I think to myself I will go for a car with stiff suspension and drive real slow on rough roads. I currently drive a Getz, the suspension isn't exactly soft.
Get the Verna if the back is such a problem. The Vento will have a firmer suspension tht you might not like. It has a decent automatic though.

Take a test drive of both on bad roads and then I with what your mind says, not the heart in this case
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2013, 11:01   #6195
BHPian

Quote:

If you have a driver to drive you around most of the time, go for the Verna. Its comfortable and offers a lot more features than the VW. However if you are going to drive the car then maybe / probably VW.

The NVH is quite low in petrol. In terms of engine i preferred the VW over the Verna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Take a test drive of both on bad roads and then I with what your mind says, not the heart in this case
+1 to that. I did exactly the opposite.
nick.cs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks