Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 11:15   #6136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

After driving my Civic for days coming back to Vento, I feel the steering feels the engine vibrations more with AC on. It can be sensed with hands on the steering and certainly feels more. I had just started the engine after taking it out from garage with temp set at 25 degrees. Cant say the load was more due to weather.
Does anyone else feel the same?
Old 6th May 2013, 11:53   #6137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Just gave the car for a battery replacement. The OEM stock battery that the vento comes with is Exide.

They are first going to check the electrical system for any earthing and then replace the battery, the total damages including the installation etc would come to 7.8k.

Decided to go ahead with the stock battery as in case of any warranty claims later on the new battery I won't have to go running behind individual dealers. Icing on the cake the service center is on my way to work.
Hi shantanu, how did you come to know initially that its a battery issue? Did the car not start in the morning and self was going all through without any battery trigger? This will be helpful to know. My TDI is also 2 years and 7 months old now and driven 47k but so far all is well. But i am bit sceptical now as i had thought that the battery should have at least lasted 3 years!
Old 6th May 2013, 11:57   #6138
BHPian

My vento's clutch has become very hard. It is inducing pain in my left leg on frequent clutch use in heavy traffic. I've changed the clutch hose-pipe too. No idea what should i ask them to do about the clutch in the 4th service (ODO reading: 58000 + kms)
i donot see any signs of clutch wear-out though

Last edited by mikon : 6th May 2013 at 11:58.
Old 6th May 2013, 14:59   #6139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
My vento's clutch has become very hard. It is inducing pain in my left leg on frequent clutch use in heavy traffic. I've changed the clutch hose-pipe too. No idea what should i ask them to do about the clutch in the 4th service (ODO reading: 58000 + kms)
Something similar I observed just before my 3rd service. I told them this issue. I think they did some adjustment and the clutch is not that hard now.

P.S: anyways I think the Vento's clutch is on the harder side when compared it with Verna etc. So I find the hardness back of the original one after it was delivered now.
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 15:53   #6140
BHPian

Hi

Just curious to know if any of the vento owners contemplated an oil change before the 15k prescribed interval.
Old 7th May 2013, 17:05   #6141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
After driving my Civic for days coming back to Vento, I feel the steering feels the engine vibrations more with AC on.
Does anyone else feel the same?
Ditto here. Also here a loud "click" when I switch on the AC. Have given the car to the workshop for an insurance claim - will be checking up on this aspect too when I get the car back.

Quote:
Solution: Drive lesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hi

Just curious to know if any of the vento owners contemplated an oil change before the 15k prescribed interval.
No. Just minor oil top-ups.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 17:27   #6142
BHPian

Quote:
i would suggest, ask service center people to perform 'clutch bleeding' activity. it might help. it basically removes any air trapped if at all.
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 20:36   #6143
BHPian

Hello friends happy to let you all know that I received the vento tdi hl today in silver colour! Have some upgrades planned and soon will be ownership short review very happy with everything in the first 100km run !
Frontosa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2013, 11:33   #6144
BHPian

Now that VW has launched a petrol Polo with a DSG 'box, what do forum members think of the prospects for a petrol Vento with the 7-speed DSG and/or a diesel Vento with the 6-speed DSG? Please share any market news on this.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:52   #6145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyaanveshi View Post
Now that VW has launched a petrol Polo with a DSG 'box, what do forum members think of the prospects for a petrol Vento with the 7-speed DSG and/or a diesel Vento with the 6-speed DSG? Please share any market news on this.
Here is what I think,
1.6L Petrol will be replaced by 1.4L TSI , and Auto Variant will get the 7-speed DSG.
The 7speed DSG may make it to 1.6L TDI, since the DSG used in the Polo 1.2TSI is rated for up to 250NM Torque (which what Vento makes).
All this from market observation. No facts to back up the theory
I hope, and I sincerely hope that they wont replace the 1.6L Petrol with the 1.2 TSI ! That will be a wasted opportunity.
Old 8th May 2013, 13:18   #6146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
loud "click" when I switch on the AC.
This warrants an insurance claim ? (was the AC working fine otherwise?) click can also be because of low in refrigerant.
Old 8th May 2013, 13:20   #6147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
This warrants an insurance claim ? (was the AC working fine otherwise?) click can also be because of low in refrigerant.
Refer to this post for an explanation.

Quote:
So the lady had her first proper accident.
Old 8th May 2013, 14:35   #6148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ditto here. Also here a loud "click" when I switch on the AC. Have given the car to the workshop for an insurance claim - will be checking up on this aspect too when I get the car back.

I narrowed it down. It occurs when the fan that runs when the load is higher behind the radiator. Usually the fan continues running even after switching off the engine (for a couple of seconds). Steering vibration continues as long as that fan is running with engine off.

Its a new problem and I need to get it checked. Clutch also is heavier, doesn't feel refined as a whole. I am not happy with this car :(
Old 8th May 2013, 14:49   #6149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Hi shantanu, how did you come to know initially that its a battery issue? Did the car not start in the morning and self was going all through without any battery trigger? This will be helpful to know. My TDI is also 2 years and 7 months old now and driven 47k but so far all is well. But i am bit sceptical now as i had thought that the battery should have at least lasted 3 years!
You would know when the battery conks off, the car would refuse to crank up. The lights would be very dim and mild, the horn would be feeble. These are all signs of low battery

I liked the fact that unlike my swift the battery did not drag on to weeks on a low battery state, where I would have frequent self and crank issues. In this case one fine morning it was totally dead, 1 day before that, it was working perfectly fine

Quote:
Ditto here. Also here a loud "click" when I switch on the AC.
I always heard a mild click whenever i switched on the AC. service center says no issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I narrowed it down. It occurs when the fan that runs when the load is higher behind the radiator. Usually the fan continues running even after switching off the engine (for a couple of seconds). Steering vibration continues as long as that fan is running with engine off.

Its a new problem and I need to get it checked. Clutch also is heavier, doesn't feel refined as a whole. I am not happy with this car :(
I have never felt any issues of the AC on the steering or the clutch. The clutch however would be much more heavier as compared to the Korean and Japanese counterparts

Last edited by evilshantanu : 8th May 2013 at 14:53.
Old 8th May 2013, 18:52   #6150
BHPian

Guys my Vento's First Year Insurance renewal is coming up, Landmark Insurance Brokers has given me the below attached quote, any views :-

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-car-insurance.jpg

Total Premium comes to INR 21,015 along with Zero Depreciation.

Cheers
Sid

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks