Team-BHP > Team-BHP Advice > On owning a car
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 19:49   #481
BHPian

Re: ARTICLE: RTO Hypothecation Removal Process - Step by Step Guide

I paid off the loan for my car in around 14 months. I got the NOC from SBI. If I make the trek to RTO Pune, do I just follow the same steps as mentioned in the first post? Is there any additional paperwork to be done for having closed my loan account within the original loan period?
Old 2nd September 2020, 20:18   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I paid off the loan for my car in around 14 months. I got the NOC from SBI. If I make the trek to RTO Pune, do I just follow the same steps as mentioned in the first post? Is there any additional paperwork to be done for having closed my loan account within the original loan period?
Removing Hypothecation has nothing to do with loan duration or other details. RTO only cares that your loan is closed and you have NOC & Form 35s from the bank. I myself closed my loan account almost 2 years before maturity.
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:09   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

The system has changed a bit since the opening post. I just returned from the RTO after submitting my application. The current procedure is much simpler and I was surprised that it took me exactly 5 minutes to get the job done at the RTO (perhaps due to less crowd secondary to the pandemic). So here is the procedure:

1. Once your Loan tenure is over and you have cleared all dues, you will be sent a NOC letter from your finance company (Ford finance in my case) with 2 copies of signed and stamped Form 35. Ideally the finance company sends these automatically but in my case I had to mail them and then it was sent promptly.

2. Log in to the following site: https://parivahan.gov.in --> Online Services --> Vehicle Related Services --> Enter your vehicle number --> Choose your service --> Misc.
You will be asked to make an account by entering your Email and car details and registering your mobile number.

3. Once the account is made you can select the option for Hypothecation removal which is listed as HPT standing for hypothecation termination.

4. A new application would be automatically created and you need to follow the step by step procedure listed clearly in the application. It would require you to upload the following documents:
a. NOC certificate
b. Form 35
c. Valid insurance
d. RC

5. Next you would be asked to book an appointment slot. Take a print out of this.

6. Next step is to pay the fees which is Rs. 0(zero). It will not charge you anything but give you a receipt of successful payment of Rs. 0. Take a print out of this also.

7. Your online application would now be submitted. You need to take the following documents now to the RTO on day of your appointment:
a. Registration certificate in original
b. Two copies Form no. 35 duly filled (for deletion of Hypothecation)
c. A certificate from financier for having retained full dues from the financier (for deletion case only)
d. Self Attested copy of valid insurance.
e. Self Attested copy of address proof of the registered owner - DL is preferred.
f. Self Attested copy of valid pollution under control certificate.
g. Prescribed fee (which is Rs. Zero and you need to carry the print out taken in step 6 above).
h. Self Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
i. Self attested copy of Aadhar card.

8. The respective Hall number and counter number would be mentioned on your appointment form. Simply walk in, wait for your turn in the queue (no token for this) and deposit the documents. It is that simple.

9. Take an extra copy of the appointment slip on which the RTO officer would give you receiving. I did not have any so he allowed me to take a picture of the stamped and signed form as proof of receiving. They said it would take approx. 2-3 weeks for the change to start reflecting online.

10. I was not asked to show any original documents but still would advice you to take them with you.

11. The newer RC (Not sure since which year, mine is from 2017) do not carry any hypothecation stamp and hence you do not need to deposit your RC with the RTO and neither would you be given a new RC post the hypothecation removal. It would simply reflect in your online account.

Hope this was helpful.
drmohitg is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 14:07   #484
BHPian

I have NOC and form 35 sent to me in 2015. Will that still be valid to apply on the website to remove hypothecation?

Do I need to procure new copies?
Old 9th September 2020, 14:50   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh View Post
I have NOC and form 35 sent to me in 2015. Will that still be valid to apply on the website to remove hypothecation?

Do I need to procure new copies?
This is not valid. The documents are valid only for 3 months within which you must submit them to the RTO with all other documents for hypothecation removal.
You will have to approach the bank again and get the documents reissued by paying a nominal amount. If you have a regular account and good relations, they may do it free.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2020, 20:33   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby_4c View Post
I want to update about his here : I went to the RTO today and after I was made to wait for 2+ hours (superintendent went for lunch for 30 mins and came back after 2 hours), it turns out they will open your original physical folder of the documents when you bought the car and match the signature. I used my full signature in the form 35 and hence it was blocked. I had to provide a copy of my ID along with showing the original. Hopefully it goes on smoothly now and I receive my RC card soon.
Final update, received the RC card delivered via speedpost today. It took 13 days since I went to the RTO with my ID card copy to validate my signature, not bad.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:32   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The system has changed a bit since the opening post. I just returned from the RTO after submitting my application. The current procedure is much simpler and I was surprised that it took me exactly 5 minutes to get the job done at the RTO (perhaps due to less crowd secondary to the pandemic).
Update on my application status. Had submitted the application on 3rd September and it has been processed successfully on 30th September. Although I expected it to be processed earlier, but perhaps due to the Covid situation there are delays owning to staff shortage. Overall a very seamless procedure.
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:53   #488
BHPian

Dear all,

My first bike had a Hypothecation with erstwhile Centurion Bank (to the newbies, yes there was Bank with that name in early 1990's till middle of 2000's).

Long story short, by the time the loan came to an end in 2008, it merged with HDFC Bank and in that process, none of the paper work could be completed.

Today since RTO Records still show a Hypothecation, I cannot apply for duplicate RC, neither do I have any Release Letter from HDFC Bank nor from Centurion.

I am now worried as I have to get the Registration renewed or Passing completed again since the Bike has completed 15 years.

Any thoughts fellows?

Cheers!
Old 9th October 2020, 18:00   #489
BHPian

I recently opted for Foreclosure of my Car Loan, after which I tried to book a slot at Janabharati RTO, Bangalore for the removal of Hypothecation, after logging in to the Vahaan Portal I selected the option for the termination of HPT and it took me to fees payment portal where I chose to pay the Fees of 200 Rs online.

after doing the payment, the amount is deducted from my account but in the Vahaan Portal, the status is shown as the 'transaction needs to be completed from bank'. I was not even given an option to see the application no before I applied (I do have transaction ID btw),

can anyone please advice on how to go about this conundrum, I wish I had opted to pay the fees at the office, but the ongoing Pandemic, I wanted to minimise all possible contact.

If I choose to re-apply and pay the fees again, will I face any problem due to the pending incomplete application?

and Does the Owner of the Vehicle needs to be present in person for the Removal of HPT, or can I authorise someone else to do the procedure on my behalf at the RTO?

and Finally, is the Pencil mark of the Chassis no. mandatory for the removal of HPT?

any advice will be appreciated.
Old 13th October 2020, 16:46   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by theautoman View Post
after doing the payment, the amount is deducted from my account but in the Vahaan Portal, the status is shown as the 'transaction needs to be completed from bank'. I was not even given an option to see the application no before I applied (I do have transaction ID btw),
I had a similar issue. After trying to login again by submitting the registration number, etc. I found an option somewhere saying something like "click on the transaction number to approve from bank". Clicked and that seemed to do it; got another SMS confirming the same and then was redirected to the document upload page. If I recall correctly I went through the Other services >> Terminate hypothecation option again and that's when it said something along the lines of "You already have an application open. Click this and do that to confirm the payment and then complete the remaining steps."

Having done all that I still can't find a way to book an appointment, etc. and/ or find a list of docs to take to the RTO.

Also looking for inputs on whether the original owner needs to be present; planning to do go to the RTO for wife's car this week.
Old 14th October 2020, 16:52   #491

Hi, I have applied for NOC and HPT removal recently at Jnanabharathi RTO. Please select "Status" >> "Check Pending Transaction" - to complete the payment.
Post this, you get the option to upload the documents needed (Status >> Add Pending/online Documents"
Old 23rd October 2020, 19:36   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I got the NOC from SBI. If I make the trek to RTO Pune, ...
Did you manage to get the work done at Pune RTO and how long did it take to get the new RC?

I've received the NOC and Form-35 from bank for my Fat Boy today. Wondering how is the recent experience, post Covid, at Pune RTO and any finer nuances and tips to be aware of. In my case, I have a paper RC so need to get smart card too.

Thanks in advance,

-BJ
Old 24th October 2020, 13:20   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Did you manage to get the work done at Pune RTO and how long did it take to get the new RC?

Wondering how is the recent experience, post Covid, at Pune RTO and any finer nuances and tips to be aware of.,
-BJ
I visited the Pune RTO on 12th Sep (I think) and I went through an agent. The process now is that you need to book an appointment online and then go there and submit the paperwork.
When I booked the appointment online, the earliest slot available was in the end of October. So the agent helped me get bumped up ahead of the queue.

I still haven’t received my RC card. It’s been more than a month now. The status online says that its sent for printing after the RTO approval but I have no clue when I’ll get the card.

If you’re planning a visit, I would suggest you book an appointment at the earliest because the slot availability is very limited (from what I heard, they give 5-10 appointments a day for HP related work)

I went there on a weekday assuming there might not be a lot of crowd, but boy was I in for a surprise! There’s almost no social distancing outside the main building and the place has more agents than people waiting for some service. Parking is horrible and pretty non-existent. The main floor where they do the actual work is pretty spacious and there are cops who try to maintain a semblance of social distancing. But getting there is a nightmare.
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 13:43   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you’re planning a visit, I would suggest you book an appointment at the earliest because the slot availability is very limited (from what I heard, they give 5-10 appointments a day for HP related work)
Thanks. I have booked an appointment for 13-Nov. Friday the 13th .... keeping finger crossed.

One more question- is taking vehicle necessary? I mean do they really check the vehicle physically? Appointment slip says bring vehicle for inspection, but looks like it is a generic text added in the acknowledgement. Black and shiny Fat Boy is an eye candy, hence, I am worried about leaving it unattended in the RTO crowd.

Tia,
-BJ
Old 9th November 2020, 23:25   #495
BHPian

RC hypothecation removal from Barrackpore RTO

Hello folks, having prepaid my car loan, I wish to remove the hypothecation from the car's RC. The car is registered with Barrackpore RTO & I'm in a different part of the country (It was purchased from Kolkata when I was posted there). Request if anybody can provide any leads /contacts in Barrackpore/Kolkata in getting the documentation done. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks